PDA

View Full Version : Paul Heckingbottom

Since452
18-12-2019, 07:43 PM
Sorry for dragging up the past! Looks set to become Bristol Rovers manager in English League One. Be good job for him

oneone73
18-12-2019, 07:44 PM
Good luck to him.

Squealing pig
18-12-2019, 07:44 PM
Vela can go rest are staying !

SquashedFrogg
18-12-2019, 07:45 PM
Good luck to him.

Agree. Didn't work out. It happens. I wish him well.

PaulSmith
18-12-2019, 07:47 PM
Sorry for dragging up the past! Looks set to become Bristol Rovers manager in English League One. Be good job for him

I hope so only because it probably benefits Hibs as I assume that we are still paying him until either he gets a new job or his contract ends with Hibs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Coco Bryce
18-12-2019, 07:49 PM
How on earth does he get the jobs. He must hypnotise the interview panel or something. He talks pish mind you.

3pm
18-12-2019, 07:49 PM
Still 6/1.

The 90+2
18-12-2019, 07:50 PM
How on earth does he get the jobs. He must hypnotise the interview panel or something. He talks pish mind you.

Done a great job at Barnsley. Good luck to Hecky, he seemed nice enough. Pre season friendly down Bristol would be nicely

Coco Bryce
18-12-2019, 07:51 PM
Done a great job at Barnsley. Good luck to Hecky, he seemed nice enough. Pre season friendly down Bristol would be nicely

Nice enough person maybe. Completely useless as a manager.

SquashedFrogg
18-12-2019, 08:05 PM

Completely useless? Man I love 2019 and the extremities of social media.

Smartie
18-12-2019, 08:06 PM
I don't think he's a useless manager, I just don't think he really got Scottish football. He made mistakes in the transfer market (letting players go and with the players he brought in) and he struggled a bit with understanding the expectations and how to approach games tactically.

He knows League 1 inside out, I thought he was a likeable chap and it says a lot for him that even when it really wasn't working for us he had the players still on his side.

This might be a good appointment for him.

Other managers have left us in a far bigger mess than he did.

weecounty hibby
18-12-2019, 08:07 PM
Hope he does well there. We've moved on now

wookie70
18-12-2019, 08:08 PM
Glad he looks to have got a job quickly and suspect he will do well.

Is It On....
18-12-2019, 08:11 PM

Evidence from Leeds and Hibs suggests he will fail

Coco Bryce
18-12-2019, 08:13 PM

I saw it with my own eyes. Yep useless.

The 90+2
18-12-2019, 08:13 PM
Evidence from Leeds and Hibs suggests he will fail

Not really, bigger clubs more expectation. He done well in L1 before and knows the game there. I hope he gets the job and succeeds, he will be off our wage bill too which would be a complete Brucey Bonus.

Brightside
18-12-2019, 08:16 PM
Great guy. Didn’t work at Hibs. Hope he does great at Bristol.

Diclonius
18-12-2019, 08:16 PM
He'll do better down in England. Good luck to him.

SquashedFrogg
18-12-2019, 08:17 PM
I saw it with my own eyes. Yep useless.

So useless at Hibs? Sorry. Didn't read that part.

MWHIBBIES
18-12-2019, 08:21 PM

Really? Completely? Like, not one redeeming quality?

Terrific run of result when he joined, beating Hearts away, signed some good players over the summer (including November POTM Doidge)

This season didn't work out but you don't get so many leads if you're completely clueless. He set us up well in many games, we just struggled to close games out and were definitely missing the luck we've had since he's left.

Coco Bryce
18-12-2019, 08:25 PM
So useless at Hibs? Sorry. Didn't read that part.

I don't care about other clubs.

Pretty Boy
18-12-2019, 08:27 PM
Seemed a nice guy. Had a decent start with us. Struggled badly this season. New manager is getting far more out of the same players by being a bit more flexible. I don't wish him any ill but I'm totally indifferent to his future career.

That about sums it up as far as I'm concerned.

SquashedFrogg
18-12-2019, 08:29 PM
I don't care about other clubs.

Lol brilliant.

blackpoolhibs
18-12-2019, 08:31 PM
Was he on gardening leave or was he completely sacked?

Coco Bryce
18-12-2019, 08:31 PM
Lol brilliant.

Lol cheers.

Hiber-nation
18-12-2019, 08:34 PM
Don't get this nice guy stuff. So arrogant.

Brightside
18-12-2019, 08:42 PM

Anything but arrogant.

angus hibby
18-12-2019, 08:44 PM

Really? Certainly wasn’t arrogant IMO, seemed a nice guy and thought he always spoke well. Players on record saying they loved his training sessions, just didn’t work for him here. If he gets this job, hope he does well.

SMAXXA
18-12-2019, 08:54 PM

Have you met him?

Hiber-nation
18-12-2019, 08:59 PM
Anything but arrogant.

Well I'm afraid that's the way he came across to the vast majority of fans. Every Hibs fan I know thought he came across as arrogant. Maybe he isn't as you say but that was how he appeared.

Hiber-nation
18-12-2019, 09:00 PM
Have you met him?

No.

H18 SFR
18-12-2019, 09:03 PM
I didn't think he was arrogant.

Northernhibee
18-12-2019, 09:06 PM
I didn't think he was arrogant.

Met him a couple of times, lovely bloke and very knowledgable about football.

Just didn't work out for him here.

Wish him all the best.

Scottie
18-12-2019, 09:07 PM
If he gets the job all the best to him. Just didn't click with us unfortunately.

NORTHERNHIBBY
18-12-2019, 09:14 PM
He underestimated what had had to do as Hibernian manager, but I would not put that down to arrogance, just a failure on his part to do his homework and prepare properly. Hope that he does well. Bristol Rovers would be a decent sized club if someone can get it right there.

bingo70
18-12-2019, 09:17 PM
I really liked him as a personality and I didn’t disagree with very much he said in the press conferences.

I think there was an arrogance about hen refusal to accept that he may be wrong about certain things, like playing with one up front when we didn’t have the players for it. His lack of flexibility in that regard shows a level of arrogance

Maybe it’s that arrogance and single minded attitude that got him to be a manager at a decent level though. Arrogance in sport isn’t always a bad thing.

Good luck to him, I hope he has learned lessons and does well.

essexhibee
18-12-2019, 09:22 PM

Wish him all the best.

And our first win at Tynie in too long.

FifeHibs
18-12-2019, 09:24 PM
Hecky played 1 up front against Morton in the cupband we watched some of the most negative football we had in the last 5 years. summer signings were poor and hasd questionably turned away some fans.

Sammy7nil
18-12-2019, 09:27 PM

Wish him all the best.

:top marks:aok:

Hibs90
18-12-2019, 09:32 PM
Doesn't matter if he was arrogant or whatever. He wasn't good enough to be Hibs manager.

angus hibby
18-12-2019, 09:34 PM
Hecky played 1 up front against Morton in the cupband we watched some of the most negative football we had in the last 5 years. summer signings were poor and hasd questionably turned away some fans.

Is that the game we scored 5 in??

green with envy
18-12-2019, 09:36 PM
He was disaster and could have got us relegated. Pleased he's away and almost forgot all about him till this thread.

Greenbeard
18-12-2019, 09:38 PM
What's with all the criticism of criticisms on this forum/social media? HIbs.net is a forum for expressing opinion just like you would down the pub only to a wider audience. Some comments may verge on being slanderous, maybe even libelous, but deciding on that would be an impossible task for the admins. It's a chat room with folk ripe for a slagging getting a slagging. Get over it Mr Righteous.

FifeHibs
18-12-2019, 09:38 PM

Yes the same game which we were drawing 3-3 with Morton at home, a below average Championship team.

FifeHibs
18-12-2019, 09:39 PM
He was disaster and could have got us relegated. Pleased he's away and almost forgot all about him till this thread.

Could not agree more.

SquashedFrogg
18-12-2019, 09:40 PM
Doesn't matter if he was arrogant or whatever. He wasn't good enough to be Hibs manager.

Who is good enough? Would love to hear your thoughts. No malice meant btw 👍

SquashedFrogg
18-12-2019, 09:44 PM
Maybe it's just me but there's a lot of hate and misery in the world these days. A lack of empathy.

Peace and love people.

BegbieHSC
18-12-2019, 09:53 PM
Good luck to the guy.

It was a shame it got so toxic between him and the fans, but I blame the board’s inaction to end it sooner, rather than him himself.

Thanks for steadying the ship last year, and that win at Tynie. All the best, Hecky!

Crab apple
18-12-2019, 10:23 PM
We were heading for a relegation battle with our jambo neighbours under PH. Glad he’s away and that we have JR at the helm.

TelaStella
18-12-2019, 10:39 PM

[emoji23] you’re on the bam up surely? Where you there that day?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carheenlea
19-12-2019, 12:01 AM
There’s a difference between confidence and arrogance, and personally I found him more as being confident in his methods and ideas rather than being arrogant. It didn’t click for him at Hibs and it was time to change, but I wish the man no ill will and really hope he can enjoy some better fortune elsewhere.

CMurdoch
19-12-2019, 12:32 AM
Second choice again?
Apparently the ex Stoke boss Nathan Jones spoke to Bristol Rovers at the weekend and knocked the job back.

I find it strange that the Rovers manager left to join Mansfield in the league below with Bristol Rovers sitting in the play off places.
Why?

givescotlandfreedom
19-12-2019, 02:30 AM
Hope he does well. I thought he was very stubborn with his tactics but as a bloke he seems decent. I thoroughly enjoyed the win at Tynecastle too

WestCoastHibby
19-12-2019, 09:16 AM
I’d say he was well out of his depth.
If it saves our club money I hope he gets a gig anywhere

Allant1981
19-12-2019, 09:31 AM
[emoji23] you’re on the bam up surely? Where you there that day?

Doesnt really matter does it, the post was about playing 1 up front, we scored 5 with 1 up front, the problem was crap defending

Brightside
19-12-2019, 09:37 AM
Doesnt really matter does it, the post was about playing 1 up front, we scored 5 with 1 up front, the problem was crap defending

Our attacking play was great to watch that day.

MrRobot
19-12-2019, 12:37 PM
all the best to the guy

Lago
19-12-2019, 12:39 PM

Wish him all the best.

Top post

matty_f
19-12-2019, 12:40 PM
all the best to the guy

Yeah, he loved it at the club and did his best. I think given time you simply don't get at this level, he would have been a good manager.

Barman Stanton
19-12-2019, 12:46 PM
Well I'm afraid that's the way he came across to the vast majority of fans. Every Hibs fan I know thought he came across as arrogant. Maybe he isn't as you say but that was how he appeared.

Vast majority? Sorry thats absolutely nonsense. It was a term that was banded about on here. But in the real world no one I knew thought he was arrogant. Most thought he was a decent guy, who was out his depth a bit.

Steven79
19-12-2019, 12:52 PM

Didn't we end up with two upfront?

Keith_M
19-12-2019, 12:59 PM

I've got no ill feelings toward the guy and hope it works out for him, and Rovers.

allezsauzee
19-12-2019, 01:14 PM
A genius in April and a disaster by September. The truth is somewhere in between. Good luck Hecky. If he learns any lessons from Hibs I hope it's don't engage in any long term project as you won't get the chance to see that through if you don't get the short term results right.

Since452
19-12-2019, 02:01 PM
Vast majority? Sorry thats absolutely nonsense. It was a term that was banded about on here. But in the real world no one I knew thought he was arrogant. Most thought he was a decent guy, who was out his depth a bit.

Didn't think he was arrogant at all. Actually really liked the bloke. Made me really want him to do well unfortunately it wasn't to be

we are hibs
19-12-2019, 02:09 PM
Dont think he was overly arrogant but he made a few comments that didnt sit well at times. The quicker he gets another job the better as it will free up a bit more money.

The 90+2
19-12-2019, 05:33 PM
A genius in April and a disaster by September. The truth is somewhere in between. Good luck Hecky. If he learns any lessons from Hibs I hope it's don't engage in any long term project as you won't get the chance to see that through if you don't get the short term results right.

Incorrect. He vastly underestimated the Scottish game and was well out his depth. We lost to the ****iest hearts team ever at home alsoZ. The players were scared to play.

Wilson
19-12-2019, 05:49 PM

I hope he's learned something more useful than that.

BoltonHibee
19-12-2019, 05:50 PM

Oh dear

Since452
19-12-2019, 07:18 PM
Incorrect. He vastly underestimated the Scottish game and was well out his depth. We lost to the ****iest hearts team ever at home alsoZ. The players were scared to play.

I don't think he underestimated the league he just couldn't seem to motivate them. His team just pumped Aberdeen 3-0 and Doidge who was labelled a donkey has just won player of the month. I fully believe he'd be a good coach as part of a group but not for the top job

Sir David Gray
19-12-2019, 07:30 PM
I don't wish him any harm on a personal level but I don't think much of him as a manager. He vastly underestimated the Scottish game and there's no doubt in my mind that we would have been involved in a relegation battle if he had stayed.

The start of this season up until he left felt just as bad as it did under Butcher.

Frazerbob
19-12-2019, 08:22 PM
The arrogance tag comes from his comment about not realising there was a law against taking Scotty Allan off.

Seemed a decent guy to me who worked hard with the best intentions but ultimately failed.

Allant1981
19-12-2019, 08:22 PM
Didn't we end up with two upfront?

Yip doidge eventually came on, think we had possibly scored 3 by then but cant remember

Viva_Palmeiras
19-12-2019, 08:32 PM
From the chat at HTC when we were shown the New GPS kit I got the impression that Hecku thought part of the key to sorting ourselves out was mindset.

The 90+2
19-12-2019, 08:56 PM
I don't think he underestimated the league he just couldn't seem to motivate them. His team just pumped Aberdeen 3-0 and Doidge who was labelled a donkey has just won player of the month. I fully believe he'd be a good coach as part of a group but not for the top job

Fair point 👍

The 90+2
19-12-2019, 08:57 PM
From the chat at HTC when we were shown the New GPS kit I got the impression that Hecku thought part of the key to sorting ourselves out was mindset.

I think a major problem was Heckys mindset.

BILLYHIBS
19-12-2019, 09:03 PM
Once we went to two upfront dropped the non triers at Training and got the Boyler back up and running our luck changed

Nothing against Hecky I wish him all the best and I genuinely believe he was sad to go but he would not listen to what everyone was saying get Flo and Doidge up front and get some pace and urgency in the team

B.H.F.C
19-12-2019, 09:05 PM

No quite sure about the ‘good coach’ thing. The way he is up, tactically, was appalling at times.

Heisenberg
19-12-2019, 09:20 PM
He only went for it in games when we were behind. Lacked bottle and was hugely negative in his team set up. Looks to have wasted a fair amount on Vela and a couple others who haven’t had a sniff since Ross joined.

GaryOsCheerios
19-12-2019, 10:15 PM
Good luck Hecky. Shame it didnt work here but it appears he may have had an eye for a player after all, just didnt know how to get the best out of them.

Stokesy's on fire
19-12-2019, 11:58 PM
Good luck to him i hope he does well

haggisbaws
20-12-2019, 02:32 AM
I hope he gets into a job soon:na na:

steakbake
20-12-2019, 04:03 AM
Will be interesting to see how he does.

Barman Stanton
20-12-2019, 01:44 PM
Maybe it's just me but there's a lot of hate and misery in the world these days. A lack of empathy.

Peace and love people.

Its an online thing. People can say whatever without any repercussions. I doubt many of the people who have said he is arrogant online would say it to his face.

But I agree. Major lack of empathy in people these days.

Heisenberg
20-12-2019, 07:58 PM
Aye all the best PH, cheers for building this quite atrocious squad. Seriously, people have wished this man well 😂 He’s ****ed us up in a huge way.

wallpaperman
20-12-2019, 08:46 PM
Aye all the best PH, cheers for building this quite atrocious squad. Seriously, people have wished this man well 😂 He’s ****ed us up in a huge way.

Were you congratulating Hecky when we destroyed Aberdeen the other week?

Works both ways surely?

Heisenberg
20-12-2019, 08:53 PM
Were you congratulating Hecky when we destroyed Aberdeen the other week?

Works both ways surely?

There’s absolutely no doubt he’s left us with a shockingly short squad. Beating Aberdeen 3-0 or not, our squad is woeful. We’ve got no defensive quality in midfield or at the back. That’s on Paul Heckingbottom.

sean04
20-12-2019, 08:55 PM
Why he let Bartley and mulligan leave is a disgrace. Seriously lacking midfield grit and leadership

supermcginn
20-12-2019, 09:13 PM
Why he let Bartley and mulligan leave is a disgrace. Seriously lacking midfield grit and leadership

Yip. Suicidal stuff

sean04
20-12-2019, 09:16 PM
Yip. Suicidal stuff

Hallberg isn’t a bad player but isn’t interested in the dirty side of the game