PDA

View Full Version : Jenna Fife: Scotland goalkeeper leaves Hibernian to join Rangers

bill_reed
17-12-2019, 03:46 PM
Her exit after six years follows the recent departures of midfielder Jamie-Lee Napier and manager Grant Scott. so sad to see the dismantling of what was a very good hibs ladies team... something very wrong when you see so many committed people leave....

MWHIBBIES
17-12-2019, 03:54 PM
Are they committed if they are leaving?

Hibernia&Alba
17-12-2019, 03:56 PM
I must plead ignorance here. What brought this situation about?

The 90+2
17-12-2019, 04:14 PM
All the worst Jenna.

CMurdoch
17-12-2019, 04:19 PM
Are they committed if they are leaving?

Even the most committed give up if it is all taking and no giving and other teams are offering to take better care of you.
Hibs Ladies, dying fast due to a lack of financial support and a short sighted approach

PaulSmith
17-12-2019, 04:23 PM
Even the most committed give up if it is all taking and no giving.
RIP Hibs Ladies as a force.
Dying fast due to lack of support.

Cant believe that there’s another thread on this but can someone please articulate what support Hibs don’t give their ladies team, if it’s financial then that’s a different argument and it’s getting done to death on the other thread

BILLYHIBS
17-12-2019, 04:27 PM
All the worst Jenna.

:faf:

CMurdoch
17-12-2019, 04:35 PM
Cant believe that there’s another thread on this but can someone please articulate what support Hibs don’t give their ladies team, if it’s financial then that’s a different argument and it’s getting done to death on the other thread

Financial.
Cold hard cash.
Nothing massive, just enough to keep players from jumping ship for other Scottish teams.

PaulSmith
17-12-2019, 04:42 PM
Financial.
Cold hard cash.
Nothing massive, just enough to keep players from jumping ship for other Scottish teams.

Could you put a figure on “nothing massive” and what financial payback Hibs would get by keeping the ladies GK?

Are you able to let us know how many players Hibs have lost to other Scottish clubs?

Do you think we could’ve competed with what Rangers offered to Jenna Fife and back the the crux of the argument who pays for it..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CMurdoch
17-12-2019, 04:54 PM
Could you put a figure on “nothing massive” and what financial payback Hibs would get by keeping the ladies GK?

Are you able to let us know how many players Hibs have lost to other Scottish clubs?

Do you think we could’ve competed with what Rangers offered to Jenna Fife and back the the crux of the argument who pays for it..

Off course not :wink:
Underscore and a few other posters seem to know a lot more than the rest of us.
The proof will be in the pudding when the 2020 league season starts in March.
Hopefully the girls can hold Forfar Farmington off!
Imagine a team representing Hibs losing to a team called Forfar Farmington.

Since452
17-12-2019, 05:00 PM
I won't sleep tonight

CloudSquall
17-12-2019, 05:15 PM
Screw the DM and new CB Jack, oor ladies SOS needs answered :agree: :greengrin

BroxburnHibee
17-12-2019, 05:48 PM
All the worst Jenna.

Grow up.

Allant1981
17-12-2019, 05:51 PM
Grow up.

I'm guessing it was meant as a joke

hibees 7062
17-12-2019, 05:54 PM
I must plead ignorance here. What brought this situation about?
Money

Jonnyboy
17-12-2019, 05:56 PM
All the worst Jenna.

Totally unnecessary low blow

Iggy Pope
17-12-2019, 05:59 PM

I’m just reading that as a bit of Hibs - Hun rivalry. Where’s the problem in that?

Jonnyboy
17-12-2019, 06:01 PM
I’m just reading that as a bit of Hibs - Hun rivalry. Where’s the problem in that?

Just came across as childish to me, S. Maybe a smiley would have helped?

Iggy Pope
17-12-2019, 06:05 PM
Just came across as childish to me, S. Maybe a smiley would have helped?

Aye, maybe. I’ve no time for smileys mind but it didn’t sound facetious to me and I’m not exactly a follower of the poster.

Sir David Gray
17-12-2019, 06:09 PM
Grow up.

Why would it be any more of a low blow than if it was said to a male player joining Rangers, who I'm assuming would be getting it tight big time on here following such a move?

Genuine question, it doesn't really bother me either way as I don't really follow the ladies team with any great interest. It just seems a bit harsh to criticise someone for making what was a relatively harmless remark that folk wouldn't have batted an eyelid over if it was said about a member of the male team who had left to join Rangers i.e. Steven Whittaker or Kevin Thomson.

CloudSquall
17-12-2019, 06:11 PM
If the women's game wants treated equally then they should get the same treatment as Ihun Murray and Katie Thomshun upon any move to Mordor.

Anyway, all the best Jhunna Fife :agree:

blackpoolhibs
17-12-2019, 06:12 PM
Why would it be any more of a low blow than if it was said to a male player joining Rangers, who I'm assuming would be getting it tight big time on here following such a move?

Genuine question, it doesn't really bother me either way as I don't really follow the ladies team with any great interest. It just seems a bit harsh to criticise someone for making what was a relatively harmless remark that folk wouldn't have batted an eyelid over if it was said about a member of the male team who had left to join Rangers i.e. Steven Whittaker or Kevin Thomson.

I remember wishing Kevin all the best, and to leave it an hour as i was setting off in 5 minutes with a dustpan and brush.

marinello59
17-12-2019, 06:13 PM

Agreed.

Jonnyboy
17-12-2019, 06:14 PM

Fair enough. As we’ve seen pretty much every day on here, different folk have different opinions 😁

I suppose Jenna should be glad she didn’t get an equivalent level of vitriol to Thommo 😎

marinello59
17-12-2019, 06:16 PM
If the women's game wants treated equally then they should get the same treatment as Ihun Murray and Katie Thomshun upon any move to Mordor.

Anyway, all the best Jhunna Fife :agree:

Are the same guys who don’t want the women’s team being a full part of our club joining in with the insults? I hope not given that they don’t want them here anyway.

G B Young
17-12-2019, 06:17 PM
Her exit after six years follows the recent departures of midfielder Jamie-Lee Napier and manager Grant Scott. so sad to see the dismantling of what was a very good hibs ladies team... something very wrong when you see so many committed people leave....

An indication of the level of investment Rangers are going to make in their ladies team if Jenna sees them as a better option than Hibs. Up until now we've been sticking six or seven goals past Rangers regularly.

CMurdoch
17-12-2019, 06:27 PM

It's wrong to give the ladies abuse because they are all but amateur as in getting payed almost zero for playing.
Therefore a bit much to give them a hard time on a public forum.
In this case i thought the posters was having a larf.

CloudSquall
17-12-2019, 06:34 PM
Are the same guys who don’t want the women’s team being a full part of our club joining in with the insults? I hope not given that they don’t want them here anyway.

I'll be joining in with the insults while maintaining my position that we shouldn't be dropping a penny in that team that could be invested instead in the proper team.

marinello59
17-12-2019, 06:51 PM
I'll be joining in with the insults while maintaining my position that we shouldn't be dropping a penny in that team that could be invested instead in the proper team.

So you don’t want to support her but you will castigate her for leaving. Go you.

Malthibby
17-12-2019, 06:52 PM
Even the most committed give up if it is all taking and no giving and other teams are offering to take better care of you.
Hibs Ladies, dying fast due to a lack of financial support and a short sighted approach

Says it all, incredibly short-sighted; Hibs will regret this one day. Women's footie has grown exponentially since I started watching it more than a dozen years ago &
we are missing the boat.
Very sad.
GG

The 90+2
17-12-2019, 06:54 PM
I'm guessing it was meant as a joke

After being called a hun last week it certainly was. Cheers too Iggy love ya long time. 😉

Lago
17-12-2019, 06:58 PM
Money
I take it rangers pay their players, Hibs don't.?

The 90+2
17-12-2019, 07:00 PM

No wages but special EBTs.

Keith_M
17-12-2019, 07:17 PM
Money Talks, Bull**** Walks

Or somethin...

PaulSmith
17-12-2019, 07:38 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48738511

Glasgow City “lose their best players to professional clubs each season” as well, that’s with them having quite significant sponsorship and probably don’t have access to the facilities and professionalism that Hibs have.

The 90+2
17-12-2019, 07:51 PM
Money Talks, Bull**** Walks

Or somethin...

Nah.

“Hullo hullo, we are the Billy girls, hullo hullo, we play for ****s and twirls”

Brightside
17-12-2019, 08:52 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48738511

Glasgow City “lose their best players to professional clubs each season” as well, that’s with them having quite significant sponsorship and probably don’t have access to the facilities and professionalism that Hibs have.

They’ve kept the vast majority of their squad over the last few years. They have also been able to bring in foreign players on loan deals every year.

hibees 7062
18-12-2019, 08:51 AM
Yeah and our ladies are not affiliated to Hibs

H18S NX
18-12-2019, 02:35 PM
Totally unnecessary low blow...Was it not a bit tongue in cheek m8?

scoopyboy
19-12-2019, 01:27 PM
I think its quite straightforward, Rangers pay their players, Hibs don't.

Looks to me like Hibs ladies have had their day and will soon just be a run of the mill Scottish side.

FWIW I don't want money pumped into the ladies team, I'd rather it went to the mens team.

WeeRussell
19-12-2019, 09:32 PM
...Was it not a bit tongue in cheek m8?

I assumed it was completely so and totally inoffensive. But it doesn’t seem to have gone down very well with a few others.