PDA

View Full Version : Media Marvin Bartley's Racist Abuser Not Convicted

Vault Boy
16-12-2019, 11:58 PM
Heads up, article from the Scottish Sun: Here (https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/5074686/hearts-hibs-marvin-bartley-racial-abuse-tynecastle/amp/).

Unfortunately the title says it all. The cretin that shouted overt racist abuse at Marvin Bartley was not convicted on a lack of evidence.

The video that displays him shouting racial slurs at Marvin wasn't enough as they 'couldn't prove' the person who sent the video was the same person who appeared in court.

An horrendous perversion of justice.

Purple & Green
17-12-2019, 12:56 AM
Hopefully, Hearts ban him anyway.

Vault Boy
17-12-2019, 10:39 AM
Hopefully, Hearts ban him anyway.

Fingers crossed, I genuinely can't remember if they took action at the time or not, but in fairness, Budge is usually pretty good at acting on these things.

I'm glad his name is out in the public. He deserves to struggle to find work.

FilipinoHibs
17-12-2019, 11:00 AM
Heads up, article from the Scottish Sun: Here (https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/5074686/hearts-hibs-marvin-bartley-racial-abuse-tynecastle/amp/).

Unfortunately the title says it all. The cretin that shouted overt racist abuse at Marvin Bartley was not convicted on a lack of evidence.

The video that displays him shouting racial slurs at Marvin wasn't enough as they 'couldn't prove' the person who sent the video was the same person who appeared in court.

An horrendous perversion of justice.

I would have thought that would have been easy to prove.

Vault Boy
17-12-2019, 11:04 AM
I would have thought that would have been easy to prove.

Two police officers and the person who was sent the video in the first place all testified that it was his voice. Really is baffling.

Biggie
17-12-2019, 11:07 AM
Yam jury?

Sammy7nil
17-12-2019, 11:14 AM
The law is an Ass - I know it is in place this way for a reason however it lacks a common sense approach :agree:

Viva_Palmeiras
17-12-2019, 11:19 AM
Sad indictment of where we are.

Pretty Boy
17-12-2019, 11:20 AM
Yam jury?

I doubt it would have been trial by Jury. Summary case in front of a Sheriff.

I suppose the issue may have been corroboration. Yes the video was sent from the guys Snapchat and it sounded like his voice. Had it been a civil case that may have been enough. In a criminal case his defence may well have been 'I lost my phone' or 'my Snapchat was hacked'. Would 2 or 3 people near him have been willing to stand up and say they heard him say what he is alleged to have said and that it was definitely him on the video?

Beefster
17-12-2019, 11:29 AM
Have Hearts banned him yet? If so, how long was it for?

neil7908
17-12-2019, 11:56 AM
Shocking stuff. Will continue happening if there is seen to be no penalty

ian cruise
17-12-2019, 12:01 PM
Meanwhile in Italy

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/12/16/football/serie-a-racism-artwork-spt-intl/index.html

17-12-2019, 05:05 PM
Disgusted at this!

Peevemor
17-12-2019, 05:53 PM
Good to see that despite his obvious disappointment with the outcome, Marv still took time to thank and praise the Police.

Baader
17-12-2019, 06:05 PM
Not good enough. Why did it even get to court if there was a possiblity of raising a lack of evidence? Very disappointing given that people testified it was him.

CMurdoch
17-12-2019, 06:35 PM
Disappointing but importantly everyone who knows this guy will know he is an arse.
Decent Hearts supporters will know he is an arse.
Hopefully folk will treat him accordingly.

You don't need to be found guilty in a court of law to have committed the offence and folks will make their own judgement of this guy based on the evidence as it was and his behaviour in the past.
I've decided the guy was guilty and judge him a moron. We all decide.
Marvin has been wronged.

CMurdoch
17-12-2019, 06:39 PM
Not good enough. Why did it even get to court if there was a possiblity of raising a lack of evidence? Very disappointing given that people testified it was him.

It happens, the evidence is judged in court.
In this case the sheriff judged the evidence as not water tight.

Sir David Gray
17-12-2019, 06:47 PM

Plenty of cases get to court and then get a not proven verdict. The procurator fiscal will decide if a case should go to court or not based on the evidence provided to them by the police.

Once it goes to court, it's up to the sheriff/judge and/or jury to decide the verdict based upon the evidence put forward by the prosecution and the defence during the trial.