PDA

View Full Version : Should we ditch purple from our club colours?

G B Young
16-12-2019, 12:03 PM
I'm old enough to remember purple creeping into our away kits in the 1970s, in particular a pretty hideous Bukta strip. I've never really liked it as a 'Hibs' colour. It's not all that far away from maroon, but apart from that I just don't think it looks good on a football kit. I'd prefer us just to stick to a reverse green and white kit or if we really do have to have another colour I prefer black, while one or two of the yellow versions have been OK.

Steve20
16-12-2019, 12:05 PM
The purple away kits have mostly been the better ones we've had IMO.

Apart from the white away from 2000/01, which was our best away strip I can remember.

Barman Stanton
16-12-2019, 12:06 PM
I like it personally. Iv always thought of purple as one of the Hibs colours.

And how can anyone not think the classic Fiorentina kits look good!?

Pagan Hibernia
16-12-2019, 12:08 PM
I love it. I almost want to have sex with the current one

Peevemor
16-12-2019, 12:08 PM
The original purple Bukta kit was always meant to be a talking point and it's worked. 40-odd years down the line we're still discussing it.

Haymaker
16-12-2019, 12:16 PM
Absolutely not!

OstKurve Hibs
16-12-2019, 12:19 PM
I'd get rid of it in a shot, never owned a purple hibs top. Rank rotten colour, I'd rather black or yellow

Cataplana
16-12-2019, 12:23 PM
No.

southern hibby
16-12-2019, 12:24 PM
Not bothered either way but always thought ( not that the SFA would pass it ) Hibs home top green with white sleeves and away white with green sleeves.

GGTTH

Vault Boy
16-12-2019, 12:25 PM
Opinions and that, but it certainly looks nothing like maroon.

danhibees1875
16-12-2019, 12:25 PM
Resounding no from me. The purple is quality, on its own and mixed with green.

The new strip looks class, the Hibs tartan looks class, and my bathroom colour scheme looks class.

Barman Stanton
16-12-2019, 12:27 PM
Problem with a white away strip is its not suitable against Celtic. The only team we actually need an away strip for. The green strip is actually less of a clash v them. Not sure why we stopped wearing it v them.

Pretty Boy
16-12-2019, 12:29 PM
The reverse white/green doesn't work when we actually need it. Against Celtic.

I'd ditch yellow in a shot. I've never liked any of the yellow kits we have had and I'm not mad keen on black either but we have had a few half decent ones. I've always thought of purple as our alternative colour and most of the purple kits we have had have been decent.

The biggest disappointment for me is always our 3rd kits. They should be a chance to do something a bit different and they are invariably a bit crap. That luminous thing last year and the most boring football top ever this year. I'd like to see us do a recreation of a classic home or away kit as a 3rd kit every other year.

Robinho08
16-12-2019, 12:32 PM
Opinions and that, but it certainly looks nothing like maroon.

Exactly. 😁

BILLYHIBS
16-12-2019, 12:40 PM
It was installed IIRC because it was Tom Harts wife’s favourite colour and was first worn Sporting Lisbon away in a 1-2 defeat ( Sporting Lisbon wear green and white hoops) which many consider to be one of Turnbulls Tornadoes finest ever performances and one of our overall best ever European performances abroad as a club setting us up perfectly for a handsome home victory of 6-1 in the return leg at Easter Road

My late father in law was employed by the club to paint the Directors Box in the old main stand purple a task unofficially supervised by a rather foul mouthed Eddie Turnbull as he used to laughingly recall :greengrin

I would keep it but purple top white sleeves

:cb

hibby13
16-12-2019, 12:41 PM
Purple is my favourite away strip colour!

allezsauzee
16-12-2019, 12:48 PM
Loved the original purple bukta away and the purple tracksuit that we had at the time is my favourite piece of Hibs kit ever so I would hate to see the purple ditched.

Since452
16-12-2019, 12:49 PM
Like black as our away colour. I think this season's one is horrid

HoboHarry
16-12-2019, 12:54 PM
The OP is obviously quite bonkers - never get rid of the purple..... :greengrin

CloudSquall
16-12-2019, 12:57 PM
I like it as a colour, but, and opening myself up here, have we ever played well in it?

Off the top of my head I can only remember getting beat when we wear it.

Hibs4185
16-12-2019, 12:59 PM
Green and purple has always been my preferred colours.

hibsbollah
16-12-2019, 12:59 PM
Purple is my favourite of our strip colours. Ditch yellow if anything.

Barman Stanton
16-12-2019, 01:00 PM
I like it as a colour, but, and opening myself up here, have we ever played well in it?

Off the top of my head I can only remember getting beat when we wear it.

Im sure there are plenty examples. But one that springs to mind is we beat Celtic 3-2 at Parkhead wearing Purple in 1992.

Greenbeard
16-12-2019, 01:23 PM
Research has shown that purple is the colour least attractive to summer flies. Yellow is at the other end of the scale. Given the wee *******s always seem to swarm around my head outdoors in the summer it's a no brainer for me.

Keith_M
16-12-2019, 01:28 PM
No.

Keith_M
16-12-2019, 01:30 PM
The OP is obviously quite bonkers - ... :greengrin

:agree:

.Sean.
16-12-2019, 01:49 PM
I like purple, white and black. Don’t like yellow or any the fluorescent monstrosities.

I have wanted a grey away top for ages but this years hasn’t been executed all that well with the fluorescent trims.

I also really liked the mint green kit with the black socks.

Barman Stanton
16-12-2019, 01:54 PM
I always thought we should adopt a Peru / River Plate style strip for the away one. White, with a purple or green sash. Perhaps with Gordon being Peruvian we might see something like this some day.

-Jonesy-
16-12-2019, 01:58 PM
No danger...purple and green striped calor gas kit from the early nineties was my favourite away kit we’ve had

Diclonius
16-12-2019, 02:04 PM
**** no.

We should ditch yellow. Horrible colour.

G B Young
16-12-2019, 02:10 PM
Im sure there are plenty examples. But one that springs to mind is we beat Celtic 3-2 at Parkhead wearing Purple in 1992.

That's the one that springs to mind for me too - but perhaps that only goes to show how rarely we win while wearing purple!

Personally I always feel more confident when we take to the field in our traditional kit - one of the world's finest football kits and the reason more than ne person I've met started supporting Hibs.

The 90+2
16-12-2019, 02:11 PM

You mean you haven’t already?

Barman Stanton
16-12-2019, 02:13 PM
That's the one that springs to mind for me too - but perhaps that only goes to show how rarely we win while wearing purple!

Personally I always feel more confident when we take to the field in our traditional kit - one of the world's finest football kits and the reason more than ne person I've met started supporting Hibs.

Cant disagree with that. Our green strip is a thing of beauty. And nice that it is uncommon in the football world.

danhibees1875
16-12-2019, 02:13 PM

I'm sure Malonga is wearing purple when he scored a screamer against Raith to send us on our way to win the cup. :aok:

weecounty hibby
16-12-2019, 02:14 PM
I like the purple strips more than black or yellow. It's pretty unique as there aren't too many other purple strips, home or away, but there are dozens of black or yellow which I hate. The original Bukta purple strip is a design icon and should be in a museum it is that good. Would love to see a return to that style again

HoboHarry
16-12-2019, 02:38 PM
You mean you haven’t already?
My wife has worn every purple strip made for exactly that purpose :greengrin

G B Young
16-12-2019, 02:56 PM
It was installed IIRC because it was Tom Harts wife’s favourite colour and was first worn Sporting Lisbon away in a 1-2 defeat ( Sporting Lisbon wear green and white hoops) which many consider to be one of Turnbulls Tornadoes finest ever performances and one of our overall best ever European performances abroad as a club setting us up perfectly for a handsome home victory of 6-1 in the return leg at Easter Road

My late father in law was employed by the club to paint the Directors Box in the old main stand purple a task unofficially supervised by a rather foul mouthed Eddie Turnbull as he used to laughingly recall :greengrin

Thanks for that. I had a feeling we'd worn purple before the Bukta version. I'm guessing the style we wore for the Sporting Lisbon game was the same as the classic Tornadoes strip except with a purple body instead of green?

From what I've read we wore an all green kit in the 60s against Real Madrid as they didn't want our white sleeves and shorts to detract from their all-white kit? I also seem to recall Hibs wearing an all green top in the 70s for a derby or a European tie.

I never liked the Bukta kits as they spelled the end of the classic 60s and 70s kits (and with their big collars and Bukta trim down the arms they were never as stylish), but I've come to accept them as a bit of a cult classic.

G B Young
16-12-2019, 03:00 PM
I'm sure Malonga is wearing purple when he scored a screamer against Raith to send us on our way to win the cup. :aok:

You're right. I also remember us beating Aberdeen at ER in the pouring rain in the mid-90s while wearing the green and purple candy stripes but overall I suspect a breakdown of our overall results when wearing purple would not make great reading.

JimBHibees
16-12-2019, 03:04 PM
Some of our best strips have been purple including this seasons one.

Mick O'Rourke
16-12-2019, 03:47 PM
It was installed IIRC because it was Tom Harts wife’s favourite colour and was first worn Sporting Lisbon away in a 1-2 defeat ( Sporting Lisbon wear green and white hoops) which many consider to be one of Turnbull's Tornadoes finest ever performances and one of our overall best ever European performances abroad as a club setting us up perfectly for a handsome home victory of 6-1 in the return leg at Easter Road

Had i replied before you,Billy, i would have said much the same on the origin/reasons for our purple number.
I would add that Mrs Hart may have liked purple to replace the Green as our main colour.
A rumour that was rife at the time.
She also wrote the lyrics( i think) to the B side of the recording of "Turnbull's Tornadoes"

I dont mind the purple.
I suppose we have got used to it over the years
I always had one of them in my holiday luggage, along with the Green and a Scotland top.

As for Eddie supervising the painting of the directors box.

Back in the day, i was a shop steward in the building game.
Had Eddie been a site agent/foreman, i think i would have had the men "on the cobbles"

Now and again ,Tom Hart would give the players a surprise bonus (tax free)
The Lisbon game would have been on of them.
Purple notes maybe !

lyonhibs
16-12-2019, 03:50 PM
The people have spoken, purple stays and rightly so.

Yellow should get the boot, not a shade of it that looks right on a Hibs top. From banana yellow to Day-Glo neon, they have all been shan at best, foul at worst.

heretoday
16-12-2019, 03:56 PM
Purple should be the away colour. Not black anyway.
Everyone wears black for heavens sake.

BILLYHIBS
16-12-2019, 03:58 PM
Had i replied before you,Billy, i would have said much the same on the origin/reasons for our purple number.
I would add that Mrs Hart may have liked purple to replace the Green as our main colour
She also wrote the lyrics( i think) to the B side of the recording of "Turnbull's Tornadoes"

I dont mind the purple.
I always had one of them in my holiday luggage, along with the Green and a Scotland top.

Had Eddie been a site agent/foreman, i think i would have had the men "on the cobbles"

Purple notes maybe !
My father in law had his own painter and decorators business but was more or less subcontracted to Hart the Builders and was told to get his arse along to Easter Road there was a job for him

As for Sporting Lisbon bonuses Eddie Turnbull was doing his prematch speech and his hand inadvertently knocked a tray of Rolex watches that had been presented to HIBS up in the air and Johnny Hamilton sharp as a tack said “Look Boss time flies!”

ChooseLife
16-12-2019, 04:01 PM
Purple is my favourite colour we use for the away strips, I'd ditch yellow and rotate Purple, white and black.

Renfrew_Hibby
16-12-2019, 04:10 PM
I think the away should always be white/green/white as you quite often need a light contrast kit for mid winter away games at Raith or Dundee for example. I don't like yellow kits!

We can always have a third kit for celtic away or the other odd occasion.
This could be far out colours and designs but keep the home and away simple and classic. Maybe only change the third kit every couple of years, sponsorships providing.

BILLYHIBS
16-12-2019, 04:13 PM
Thanks for that. I had a feeling we'd worn purple before the Bukta version. I'm guessing the style we wore for the Sporting Lisbon game was the same as the classic Tornadoes strip except with a purple body instead of green?

From what I've read we wore an all green kit in the 60s against Real Madrid as they didn't want our white sleeves and shorts to detract from their all-white kit? I also seem to recall Hibs wearing an all green top in the 70s for a derby or a European tie.

I never liked the Bukta kits as they spelled the end of the classic 60s and 70s kits (and with their big collars and Bukta trim down the arms they were never as stylish), but I've come to accept them as a bit of a cult classic.

They wore an all emerald green top with white collar and cuffs white shorts and green socks with white tops for the return leg at Easter Road (Blackpool HIBS all time favourite strip) I am sure they also wore it versus Besa and Hadjuk Split

Mick O'Rourke
16-12-2019, 04:19 PM
They wore an all emerald green top with white collar and cuffs white shorts and green socks with white tops for the return leg at Easter Road (Blackpool HIBS all time favourite strip) I am sure they also wore it versus Besa and Hadjuk Split

Majestic!

We're the boys in Emerald Green.
We're the best you've ever seen.
And we're out to show the world what we can do !

we are hibs
16-12-2019, 04:22 PM
Everytime i think of a purple hibs kit i envisage Dominique Malonga skelping in a 25 yarder into the top corner away to Raith to kickstart the greatest cup run in football history.

Keep the purple. Ditch hideous grey third kit.

Wilson
16-12-2019, 04:35 PM
We've had purple too long to ditch it now. Embrace it.

hibbyfraelibby
16-12-2019, 04:43 PM
We've had purple in our history going back a lot further than 40 years. Its part of our clubs identity for over a century.

Brightside
16-12-2019, 04:47 PM
Get rid of the green....bored of it now. :greengrin

hibee_nation
16-12-2019, 04:50 PM
We've had purple in our history going back a lot further than 40 years. Its part of our clubs identity for over a century.

Doubt it, change strips only came in for Euro ties. We have always been green and white of various shades.

Purple & Green
16-12-2019, 05:01 PM
Should we ditch purple from our club colours?

Burn. The. Witch.

BILLYHIBS
16-12-2019, 05:05 PM
Noticed that the purple is all but disappearing from the new HIBS tartan scarves available in the club shop for Christmas only £25 :greengrin

You need a microscope to find it

Baldy Foghorn
16-12-2019, 05:16 PM
Purple Bukta strip was a thing of beauty, home strip obviously better, but there was also 3rd kit in yellow, which was a cracker too. I had the gren and purple ones at primary school. Loved them.

DarlingtonHibee
16-12-2019, 05:19 PM
I'm old enough to remember purple creeping into our away kits in the 1970s, in particular a pretty hideous Bukta strip. I've never really liked it as a 'Hibs' colour. It's not all that far away from maroon, but apart from that I just don't think it looks good on a football kit. I'd prefer us just to stick to a reverse green and white kit or if we really do have to have another colour I prefer black, while one or two of the yellow versions have been OK.

No

The 90+2
16-12-2019, 05:40 PM
My wife has worn every purple strip made for exactly that purpose :greengrin

Guess what she’s getting for Christmas then :greengrin

Kato
16-12-2019, 05:56 PM

How's that then?

In Lugton's books he mentions that whenever (19 Century) Hibs got to a final we'd wear blue shorts. Also remember us wearing blue shorts in the Anglo-Scottish Cup, against Bristol City.

tamig
16-12-2019, 05:58 PM
I like purple. Happy to have it in our colours. Had a purple Hibs tracksuit in the early 70s when I was a boy.

Carheenlea
16-12-2019, 06:01 PM
How's that then?

In Lugton's books he mentions that whenever (19 Century) Hibs got to a final we'd wear blue shorts. Also remember us wearing blue shorts in the Anglo-Scottish Cup, against Bristol City.

Jack Ross wears a dark navy jacket/gilet combo on the touchline, albeit not Hibs branded gear, but I reckon a dark navy away kit would be pretty smart.

Albanian Hibs
16-12-2019, 06:06 PM

🤣

judas
16-12-2019, 06:06 PM
I don’t understand what the relevance to the club is. And yes, I also agree with another poster that Yellow is not only irrelevant, but very unattractive also.

Arguably, looking back over old Hibs badges, Gold or Red appear to be more in line with traditional club colours.

And yet somewhere deep in my brain I seem to recollect seeing a deep purple in a Hibs badge. Or perhaps as another poster also suggested, purple has been blended into our club somehow is now part of the psyche.

tamig
16-12-2019, 06:11 PM
The reverse white/green doesn't work when we actually need it. Against Celtic.

I'd ditch yellow in a shot. I've never liked any of the yellow kits we have had and I'm not mad keen on black either but we have had a few half decent ones. I've always thought of purple as our alternative colour and most of the purple kits we have had have been decent.

The biggest disappointment for me is always our 3rd kits. They should be a chance to do something a bit different and they are invariably a bit crap. That luminous thing last year and the most boring football top ever this year. I'd like to see us do a recreation of a classic home or away kit as a 3rd kit every other year.

The reverse white green was our away kit in the late 80s. A time when both clubs still wore their homes kits when we played each other though. As for your last point, a reworked old away kit would do for the third kit but not sure how a reworked old home kit would work. What would the point be?

tamig
16-12-2019, 06:31 PM

I think that game was more memorable for it being the first time we’d won there in donkeys years. Pandemonium behind the goal.

tamig
16-12-2019, 06:38 PM
I would add that Mrs Hart may have liked purple to replace the Green as our main colour.
She also wrote the lyrics( i think) to the B side of the recording of "Turnbull's Tornadoes".

I dont mind the purple.

Purple notes maybe !

Bit pedantic but I’m sure you’ll find Turnbull’s Tornadoes was the B side. Hibernian - Give us a goal was the A side.

HoboHarry
16-12-2019, 06:39 PM
Guess what she’s getting for Christmas then :greengrin
That's the best bit mate - she buys the strip for me then wears it herself :flag:

Ray_
16-12-2019, 06:44 PM

I remember it well Billy and even dyed my shoes purple as a consequence. I worked as a 16YO at DS Crawford's in Frederick Street at the time and dried them in an empty oven, platform shoes and wide bottomed trousers, the fashion at that time was dire, but Hibs were magnificent :wink:

Pretty Boy
16-12-2019, 06:48 PM
The reverse white green was our away kit in the late 80s. A time when both clubs still wore their homes kits when we played each other though. As for your last point, a reworked old away kit would do for the third kit but not sure how a reworked old home kit would work. What would the point be?

The same as the point of the 3rd kit this season. A money maker. I'd wager we'd sell more of a 3rd kit that was a reworking of the classic 50s or 70s kit than that grey t shirt we currently have.

Man City wore a sky blue retro kit in the Community Shield this year which was very smart. NFL teams also release throwback kits from time to time which are reworking of their classic kits, old logos etc and generally look better than the current kits.

The 90+2
16-12-2019, 06:54 PM
That's the best bit mate - she buys the strip for me then wears it herself :flag:

I get socks mate. Probably for a similar reason 😫

weecounty hibby
16-12-2019, 06:54 PM
The same as the point of the 3rd kit this season. A money maker. I'd wager we'd sell more of a 3rd kit that was a reworking of the classic 50s or 70s kit than that grey t shirt we currently have.

Man City wore a sky blue retro kit in the Community Shield this year which was very smart. NFL teams also release throwback kits from time to time which are reworking of their classic kits, old logos etc and generally look better than the current kits.
I like that thinking, I'm 50 and haven't had a Hibs strip for probably 25 years but I would definitely think about buying one that was a replica of the 70s purple with white sleeves one.

Purple & Green
16-12-2019, 07:04 PM

I think the third kit could be a reworked home top in dark green with green sleeves. Dark green shorts and socks. I thought the away kit in 2006 2007 was awesome.

HoboHarry
16-12-2019, 07:09 PM
I get socks mate. Probably for a similar reason 😫

😂😂

tamig
16-12-2019, 07:40 PM

The only thing with the third kit is that I believe it’s a UEFA requirement if we qualify for any of their competitions. I’m not sure they’d sanction that kit if it bore too much resemblance to the home kit. As a novelty/money maker if we’re not in Europe I guess it’s fair enough. You could be drying up the well a bit for future home designs though. Still think the three kits should be different colours.

hibbyfraelibby
16-12-2019, 07:48 PM
Doubt it, change strips only came in for Euro ties. We have always been green and white of various shades.

Nothing to do with modern practises re strips and change strips. Purple as a colour is part of our clubs history going back way further than the day some wee tadpole hit the bullseye a few decades back.

hhibs
16-12-2019, 07:55 PM
The OP is obviously quite bonkers - never get rid of the purple..... :greengrin

Indeed,it would really **** up our tartan too !

Jones28
16-12-2019, 08:52 PM
Purple or reverse kits for me, my favourite two away options. This seasons kit reversed with a darker green would be absolutely beautiful.

Mick O'Rourke
16-12-2019, 08:55 PM
I don’t understand what the relevance to the club is. And yes, I also agree with another poster that Yellow is not only irrelevant, but very unattractive also.

Arguably, looking back over old Hibs badges, Gold or Red appear to be more in line with traditional club colours.

And yet somewhere deep in my brain I seem to recollect seeing a deep purple in a Hibs badge. Or perhaps as another poster also suggested, purple has been blended into our club somehow is now part of the psyche.

During the 70s members of the Glasgow HSC used to wear green and purple scarfs.
Not saying they were the only ones ,but just something that jogs ma memory.
If they had a branch badge/banner ,possibly colour purple was there too.

Other Deep Purple back then would be Ian Gillan singing Black Night:greengrin

BILLYHIBS
16-12-2019, 09:21 PM
Sorry struggling to remember any purple strips or purple badges before 1972

I remember the yams brought back a rhubarb and custard number from the 1870s

😁

hibee_nation
16-12-2019, 09:22 PM
Nothing to do with modern practises re strips and change strips. Purple as a colour is part of our clubs history going back way further than the day some wee tadpole hit the bullseye a few decades back.

Naw it wasnae

Onceinawhile
16-12-2019, 09:24 PM
Purple is a glorious colour.

Hibernia&Alba
16-12-2019, 10:42 PM
You cannae please all of the people all of the time. I really like the all yellow kits, and I'm not mad on purple, though I really like the current one.

NAE NOOKIE
16-12-2019, 11:12 PM
Purple is brilliant for an alternative colour. The first Hibs strip I ever owned was the original purple with white sleeves and it was a cracking strip, I wish we would produce another one. And as another poster said it works superbly in the Hibs tartan.

As for being close to maroon as another poster said ... well that's just bollox :cb

Forza Fred
17-12-2019, 01:33 AM
[QUOTE=Pretty Boy;6017631]The reverse white/green doesn't work when we actually need it. Against Celtic.

I've been to many Hibs v Celtic clashes over the years, and never had a problem differentiating between a team in green strips and a team in green and white hoops.

Playing wise, Hibs don't really need an 'away' strip, if it wasn't for fashion/commercial purposes.

CLASS OF 72 -73
17-12-2019, 04:28 AM
Love Purple and green.

GibbytheHibby2
17-12-2019, 05:21 AM
I'm guessing the style we wore for the Sporting Lisbon game was the same as the classic Tornadoes strip except with a purple body instead of green?.

Exactly that. My first football top - when I was 5 or 6, my mum took me to the sports shop in Bathgate. For my birthday money and what stock he had, I narrowed the choice down to the wales kit (two yellow stripes down each side into the shorts - which I thought was ace and a nice purple top). For some reason I chose the purple one. Only when I came home and put it on did my older brothers congratulate me on my first Hibs top!! I always thought Hibs wore green, so I was even prouder of my decision.

Smartie
17-12-2019, 07:35 AM
When did Hibs last play Celtic with both teams playing in green and white?

DaveF
17-12-2019, 08:07 AM
I'd bin purple and yellow in an instant. Green at home, reverse kit when any hint of a clash.

Carheenlea
17-12-2019, 08:10 AM
When did Hibs last play Celtic with both teams playing in green and white?

We played in normal kits in 1991

https://i.postimg.cc/FsFcP7yL/0-CCFC475-0-A45-4-B3-C-88-DC-6-EDE02967365.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

Looks like 1992 was when away kits started to be worn

https://i.postimg.cc/HxBWjsVq/37-B1791-A-4-D28-4-BC8-8-D07-0396-E76-FCF8-F.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

WeeRussell
17-12-2019, 08:33 AM
No. And I think you may be colour blind.

EI255
17-12-2019, 10:04 AM
Definitely. Horrible colour too close to Hearts too. Not for me. Tacky looking.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
17-12-2019, 10:56 AM
We played in normal kits in 1991

https://i.postimg.cc/FsFcP7yL/0-CCFC475-0-A45-4-B3-C-88-DC-6-EDE02967365.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

Looks like 1992 was when away kits started to be worn

https://i.postimg.cc/HxBWjsVq/37-B1791-A-4-D28-4-BC8-8-D07-0396-E76-FCF8-F.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

My mind may be playing tricks on me but I'm sure in that 1991 game we wore white shorts in the 1st half but changed to green at HT. If the ref had ordered that it maybe explain why away kits became normal practice the following year.

I don't think anyone could argue that this year's Celtic kit with the white sleeves and green socks isn't an obvious colour clash with a Hibs home top.

BILLYHIBS
17-12-2019, 11:57 AM
My mind may be playing tricks on me but I'm sure in that 1991 game we wore white shorts in the 1st half but changed to green at HT. If the ref had ordered that it maybe explain why away kits became normal practice the following year.

I don't think anyone could argue that this year's Celtic kit with the white sleeves and green socks isn't an obvious colour clash with a Hibs home top.

Spot on

http://www.thecelticwiki.com/page/1991-09-28%3A+Hibernian+1-1+Celtic%2C+Premier+Division+-+Pictures

wookie70
17-12-2019, 12:03 PM
No from me too. I like purple as no other Scottish clubs have it and as we were first to wear the green our second top should also be a first too. Apart from that it looks great and white and black strips are ten a penny

Speedway
17-12-2019, 12:29 PM
We always get pumped in purple.

Any famous victories in that colour?

Ditch it!

Keith_M
17-12-2019, 01:17 PM
Jack Ross wears a dark navy jacket/gilet combo on the touchline, albeit not Hibs branded gear, but I reckon a dark navy away kit would be pretty smart.

Me too

HoboHarry
17-12-2019, 01:28 PM

Ditch it!
Plenty, see my earlier posts :greengrin

Bostonhibby
17-12-2019, 01:46 PM
Pray for the purple[emoji6]

I like it as a second kit but I was a proud owner and wearer of the original Bukta one all those years ago.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

17-12-2019, 05:28 PM
**** no.

We should ditch yellow. Horrible colour.

100%

Never liked our yellow strips. Our 2015/16 purple one was a cracker, one of my all time favorite away strips.

LancsHibs
17-12-2019, 06:18 PM
Slurple the purple😋

GoalsMcGinley
18-12-2019, 08:31 AM
Delete

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hibsjersey
29-03-2020, 12:29 PM
Purple should stay. It’s in Hibernian tartan, that’s an official club colour to me, much more than ‘sunshine on leith ‘ yellow.
White away kits always look smart but not as striking as purple

Paisley Hibby
29-03-2020, 12:41 PM

We have a winner. We should always just have home green with white sleeves, away purple with white sleeves. Simple.

EI255
29-03-2020, 12:45 PM
Sorry but white away with green sleeves.... Classic Hibs for me. Every time. Purple is rubbish. Had its day.

berwickhibee
29-03-2020, 02:09 PM
Bin purple.

Hibs are green and white only. 💚

Greenbeard
29-03-2020, 04:21 PM
Definitely. Horrible colour too close to Hearts too. Not for me. Tacky looking.

Tell that to the Romans for whom it was a colour of status. Purple was the most expensive dye. It was associated with regality and was thought to protect those who wore it.
Mind you according to the Vatican.........
Purple: Worn during the Advent and Lent seasons, purple reflects sorrow and suffering. Sorrow as the faithful await the arrival of the Savior (Jack Ross?) and suffering to mark Jesus Christ's 40 days in the desert (Lent) (Or Doidge's initial goal drought?)

Wilson
29-03-2020, 04:25 PM
Tell that to the Romans for whom it was a colour of status. Purple was the most expensive dye. It was associated with regality and was thought to protect those who wore it.
Mind you according to the Vatican.........
Purple: Worn during the Advent and Lent seasons, purple reflects sorrow and suffering. Sorrow as the faithful await the arrival of the Savior (Jack Ross?) and suffering to mark Jesus Christ's 40 days in the desert (Lent) (Or Doidge's initial goal drought?)

https://youtu.be/E3OpgwpgqXA

Brightside
29-03-2020, 04:26 PM
No

TelaStella
29-03-2020, 06:06 PM
Is it officially club colours? For me we’re green and white and nothing more, always have been, always will be. For the record I like the purple though for away tops as long as it’s kept to a limit. It’s special because of its uniqueness, realising a new one every couple of seasons would damage that imo. I’ve always been keen on yellow as well which never seems to get the same love as the purple does. None of the luminous rubbish though, just the old fashioned Norwich City style- 99/00, 03/04 up there with some of our best ever efforts. For a club with such heritage we’ve always been limited in terms of colour and style that we can work with but that’s never held the club back from working with manufacturers to produce some absolutely outstanding aways over the years and I don’t see that changing yet, maybe there’s just something a bit more special about a Hibs top? If we ever did pursue a path we’ve not yet explored I’d like to see Navy given a go.

NAE NOOKIE
29-03-2020, 06:13 PM
How's that then?

Must have been in the away leg then coz we didn't in the home tie, I was there and I doubt it's something I would have forgotten :confused:

Far from ditching purple I would like it if Hibs would include it in the badge ... perhaps change the colour of the castle to white with a purple background ... That way Hibbies who don't live in Edinburgh could wear scarves with a bit of purple in them and not get confused with Celtic fans, which happened to me a load of times back in the day living where I do .... That's why even now I prefer to wear my Hibs tartan scarf than simply a plain green & white one.

Scouse Hibee
29-03-2020, 06:15 PM
Peerple is fine

Since452
29-03-2020, 06:16 PM
Peerple is fine

We are the peerple

TelaStella
29-03-2020, 06:17 PM
Must have been in the away leg then coz we didn't in the home tie, I was there and I doubt it's something I would have forgotten :confused:

Far from ditching purple I would like it if Hibs would include it in the badge ... perhaps change the colour of the castle to white with a purple background ... That way Hibbies who don't live in Edinburgh could wear scarves with a bit of purple in them and not get confused with Celtic fans, which happened to me a load of times back in the day living where I do .... That's why even now I prefer to wear my Hibs tartan scarf than simply a plain green & white one.

https://www.britannical.com/products/suffragette-college-scarf
This may well interest you, £45 but.

Diclonius
29-03-2020, 06:18 PM

Ditch it!

This one (https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35211876) was pretty important. :greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
29-03-2020, 06:24 PM
https://www.britannical.com/products/suffragette-college-scarf
This may well interest you, £45 but.

I would prefer it if we had a nod to the colour somewhere like the badge to make it more identifiable as a Hibs colour. I know that doesn't sit well with a lot of folk, but when I wear a Hibs scarf, which I don't these days unless I'm going to ER, I want folk to know I'm a Hibs fan and not presume I support Celtic, which like it or not is everybody's default position when they see a green and white scarf, unless its being worn in Edinburgh.

Mibbes Aye
29-03-2020, 06:33 PM
Purple, a quite dark purple, with a green broad diagonal stripe, maybe with a thin white border, make us look like we are a South American team.

Obviously the players would need to step up and adopt swarthier facial complexions. Definitely deep tanning and maybe even facial tattoos. Stereotypes don’t create themselves.

Serious about the first paragraph though, that would be the smartest second strip ever, and I say that as a proud owner of a purple Bukta!

The 90+2
29-03-2020, 06:39 PM
Have we ever won a memorable game wearing purple? I remember McManus scoring a peach at Parkhead with the purple top and Fletch from the corner of the box top corner but can’t remember any big wins wearing it? I prefer white and green or even yellow tbh.

NAE NOOKIE
29-03-2020, 06:42 PM
Have we ever won a memorable game wearing purple? I remember McManus scoring a peach at Parkhead with the purple top and Fletch from the corner of the box top corner but can’t remember any big wins wearing it? I prefer white and green or even yellow tbh.

You can't really make that argument though. We have only worn a purple away kit infrequently and when we have until recent times it was usually only against teams, like Celtic, who we wouldn't be expected to beat no matter what colour we were wearing :greengrin

The 90+2
29-03-2020, 06:45 PM
You can't really make that argument though. We have only worn a purple away kit infrequently and when we have until recent times it was usually only against teams, like Celtic, who we wouldn't be expected to beat no matter what colour we were wearing :greengrin

I wasn’t making an argument mate I’m racking my brain thinking of a big win in purple is all. We might have won by a large margin in Dundee one season I think. We beat Celtic at Parkhead wearing Yellow (three one) and black (danny Galbraith)

Haymaker
29-03-2020, 06:46 PM
Absolutely not.

Joe6-2
29-03-2020, 07:29 PM
Yes, and yellow

Kato
29-03-2020, 08:04 PM

It was the away tie.

TelaStella
29-03-2020, 08:07 PM
I would prefer it if we had a nod to the colour somewhere like the badge to make it more identifiable as a Hibs colour. I know that doesn't sit well with a lot of folk, but when I wear a Hibs scarf, which I don't these days unless I'm going to ER, I want folk to know I'm a Hibs fan and not presume I support Celtic, which like it or not is everybody's default position when they see a green and white scarf, unless its being worn in Edinburgh.

Fair point but where else and when are you wearing your scarf other than to a game? If we were away at Pittodrie one afternoon and you walked down Union Street scarf on I think the general assumption from others would be Hibs. Apart from playing at Parkhead I cant think where or how you’d be considered a Celtic fan for wearing a green and white scarf when going to watch Hibs? Remember who was first to wear it.

cabbageandribs1875
29-03-2020, 09:54 PM
YES to purple 👍👌✌

Pretty Boy
29-03-2020, 09:56 PM
I've probably posted on this thread before but I'll repeat my point.

Purple in, yellow out.

Kato
29-03-2020, 10:06 PM
Purple has been in and out of the club colours for knocking on 50 years now. Original badge on the strips was gold (yellow). Nowt wrong with either imho.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

NAE NOOKIE
29-03-2020, 10:23 PM
Fair point but where else and when are you wearing your scarf other than to a game? If we were away at Pittodrie one afternoon and you walked down Union Street scarf on I think the general assumption from others would be Hibs. Apart from playing at Parkhead I cant think where or how you’d be considered a Celtic fan for wearing a green and white scarf when going to watch Hibs? Remember who was first to wear it.

My point though was more towards random scarf wearing on non matchdays, which I admit you don't tend to see anywhere as much as you used to. But the fact remains, if I put on a green and white scarf tomorrow and walked round Galashiels town centre ( some chance :greengrin ) 99.9% of folk who saw it would presume I was a Celtic fan, not a Hibs fan. The fact that we were the first team to wear these colours doesn't change that fact.

Ach ... at the end of the day it's not a huge deal, this is what being cooped up does tae ye :greengrin

St.Kristopher
29-03-2020, 10:41 PM
Why stop wearing purple, when you can start...

https://youtu.be/SkkIwO_X4i4

Vault Boy
29-03-2020, 11:18 PM
I much prefer it to yellow as an alternative kit colour. Black or white away kits usually look better to me, though I quite like the purple effort this year.

To be honest, I can't remember us playing in purple at any other time in my life (other than that temporary lilac one from Puma), so I'm only really going on the enthusiasm of other fans when speaking of purple kits.

I also happen to like the dark green home kits but it's all truly the most subjective thing imaginable.

Prof. Shaggy
29-03-2020, 11:30 PM
My point though was more towards random scarf wearing on non matchdays, which I admit you don't tend to see anywhere as much as you used to. But the fact remains, if I put on a green and white scarf tomorrow and walked round Galashiels town centre ( some chance :greengrin ) 99.9% of folk who saw it would presume I was a Celtic fan, not a Hibs fan. The fact that we were the first team to wear these colours doesn't change that fact.

Ach ... at the end of the day it's not a huge deal, this is what being cooped up does tae ye :greengrin

When I lived in Gala (40+ years ago) I used to have a green and white scarf for the football and a maroon and white one for Netherdale.

Always had to check I took the right one.

LancsHibs
30-03-2020, 07:52 AM
Should be no requirement for a ‘change strip’, any club playing in a lesser green should be ordered to change their colours when playing Hibernian FC.

James Stephen
30-03-2020, 08:03 AM
Purple isnt one of Hibs club colours as far as i am concerned.

Its just one of numerous rotating third colours we use to make away kits look different from green and white. Like yellow, black, white, luminous green etc

One Day
30-03-2020, 08:17 AM

That's the one that sprung to mind when I read the question too

Fuzzywuzzy
30-03-2020, 08:21 AM
The mock-up on the away strip thread looks amazing for a purple strip

heretoday
30-03-2020, 08:28 AM
Whatever we wear let it not be black.
Only refs should wear black. And New Zealanders.

Bishop Hibee
30-03-2020, 08:31 AM
I’m pro-purple.

hibby13
30-03-2020, 08:38 AM
NO! Purple is great!

.Sean.
30-03-2020, 08:51 AM
I love the purple, even got purple added into my Hibs tattoo

Since452
30-03-2020, 09:04 AM
It's not an official club colour is it? I'm not a fan of the purple kits. We always seem to fail miserably in them.

DaveF
30-03-2020, 09:11 AM
Why would anyone want a colour close to that ****show from across town? No, no and no. Get rid.

KingPat4
30-03-2020, 09:37 AM
Not a fan of yellow or black.

All white with purple trimmings would be good. Or white with purple shorts & white socks.

NAE NOOKIE
30-03-2020, 10:54 AM
Whatever we wear let it not be black.
Only refs should wear black. And New Zealanders.

Not so much tops and shorts ... but definitely socks. I f'ing hate black socks on a fitba team ... our walking fitba team tried to foist such items on me and I acidentally, possibly on purpose, lost a bag of them at a tournament .... black socks are for being buried in, not for playing fitba in.
:grr:

Sudds_1
30-03-2020, 12:50 PM
When I lived in Gala (40+ years ago) I used to have a green and white scarf for the football and a maroon and white one for Netherdale.

Always had to check I took the right one.

Did your neck not come out in a rash?

BILLYHIBS
30-03-2020, 12:55 PM
Not so much tops and shorts ... but definitely socks. I f'ing hate black socks on a fitba team ... our walking fitba team tried to foist such items on me and I acidentally, possibly on purpose, lost a bag of them at a tournament .... black socks are for being buried in, not for playing fitba in.
:grr:

Pretty sure that after Celtic stole our original first choice strip of green and white hoops as well as all of our decent players our next choice was an all emerald green top white shorts and black socks

Edit: Black socks first used 1915

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/Hibernian/hibernian.htm

.Sean.
30-03-2020, 12:58 PM
Pretty sure that after Celtic stole our original first choice strip of green and white hoops as well as all of our decent players our next choice was an all emerald green top white shorts and black socks
Black socks and a black trim on an emerald top/ white sleeves along with white shorts would be smart as ****

Greencore
30-03-2020, 01:15 PM
Yes

Nakedmanoncrack
30-03-2020, 03:45 PM
Yes

weecounty hibby
30-03-2020, 03:50 PM
No

Diclonius
30-03-2020, 03:57 PM
I love purple as a Hibs colour. We can ditch yellow though, can't stand it.

Kato
30-03-2020, 04:09 PM

Edit: Black socks first used 1915

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/Hibernian/hibernian.htmHibs original first team strip wasn't the hoops. It was an all green top with a gold harp badge and white shorts or knickerbockers or whatever they called them. That photo of Hibs wearing hoops is from 1880's.

Pretty Boy
30-03-2020, 05:42 PM
Hibs original first team strip wasn't the hoops. It was an all green top with a gold harp badge and white shorts or knickerbockers or whatever they called them. That photo of Hibs wearing hoops is from 1880's.

Hibs first kit was white tops, white knickerbockers and green socks. It's disputed we ever wore it in a competitive game though. An all green top didn't make an appearance until 1879.

We had ditched hoops long before Celtic came into being. I never get the fascination some have with our hopped strips, we wore them for 3 years in a 145 year history. They are a footnote at most.

Details here:

http://www.hibshistoricaltrust.org.uk/heritage/the-home-kit

superfurryhibby
30-03-2020, 05:47 PM
Hibs original first team strip wasn't the hoops. It was an all green top with a gold harp badge and white shorts or knickerbockers or whatever they called them. That photo of Hibs wearing hoops is from 1880's.

Not the case. That photo with the hoops shows the original kit.

"The first rules of Hibernian Football Club in 1875 stated that the players should provide at their own expense; Caps, white Guernsey's displaying a Harp on the left breast, and white trousers with green stripes.
However there is no evidence to support that any game took place with the players wearing this apparel.
After only half a dozen games or so, by the start of the 1876/77 season, photographs show the team wearing green and white hooped jerseys with the letters 'HFC' displayed in large black letters on the chest, accompanied with white trousers. It is unlikely, particularly in the early days, that a club from a deprived area of the city would have had two sets of jerseys. Therefore, most historians now think that the hooped jersey was the first to be worn by Hibernian"

From the Hibernian Historical Trust website. The photo is from 1876.

BILLYHIBS
30-03-2020, 05:49 PM

According to the link it was all white

Trail blazers again even before Real Madrid. :greengrin

Please see my link Hibs were formed 1875 though went out of business briefly in 1891

Kato
30-03-2020, 06:34 PM
(Heated debate time)

I don't trust the Hibs Historical Trust. They follow a line that has our name as "Hibernians", which goes against everything I've ever known or been taught about the club either by reading or by what old geezers told me.

We've always been "Hibernian" and our first strip was all green with a gold badge.

I did once upon a time have a chance to look the SFA's register of clubs' players. Old school ledgers with a page for each club. Hibs were registered as "Hibernian" from 1875 onwards.

Just saying - I don't necessarily trust the errm trust or think that they have the last word on things.

From memory Lugton also differs with them.

Kato
30-03-2020, 06:40 PM
According to the link it was all white

Trail blazers again even before Real Madrid. :greengrin

Please see my link Hibs were formed 1875 though went out of business briefly in 1891

Hibs didn't go out of business because we weren't a business, all clubs were amateur at the time.

We struggled to fulfil fixtures because we lost the lease to the original ER which was just beside where the Hibs club is now. Trinity Hospital who owned that land sold it to a housing company who set about building Buchanan Street and the old ER was gone.
We played some games as Leith Hibernian and some fixtures away but missed many and lost our SFA membership because of that. The club was "resusitated" by the Farmer family along with Micheal Whelahan and Owen Brannigan when a lease for Drum Park was bought, Drum Park being where ER is now.

BILLYHIBS
30-03-2020, 07:29 PM
Hibs didn't go out of business because we weren't a business, all clubs were amateur at the time.

We struggled to fulfil fixtures because we lost the lease to the original ER which was just beside where the Hibs club is now. Trinity Hospital who owned that land sold it to a housing company who set about building Buchanan Street and the old ER was gone.
We played some games as Leith Hibernian and some fixtures away but missed many and lost our SFA membership because of that. The club was "resusitated" by the Farmer family along with Micheal Whelahan and Owen Brannigan when a lease for Drum Park was bought, Drum Park being where ER is now.

Due to mismanagement HIBS became homeless and temporarily ceased operating in 1891

The 1888/89 season started badly not helped by an early Scottish cup exit

The club started to struggle financially and support starts to disappear following a run of bad results and less and less matches being played in Edinburgh

Secretary Richard Payne decides against attending a meeting in Glasgow to discuss the future of the game. As a result the greens are not included in the newly formed Scottish League whilst Hearts and St Bernard’s are

Hibs played their first match at Easter Road on 4th February 1893

Despite this interruption the club today views the period since 1875 as one continued history and counts the honours won between 1875 and 1891 including the 1887 Scottish Cup

The club were admitted to the Scottish League in 1893 although they had to win the second division twice before being elected into the First Division in 1895

Anyway back to the original question: What colour was the very first HIBS strip?

:faf:

100 Years of HIBS Page 37 there is an image taken in 1876 of the green hoops and the black HFC across the chest

” Father Hannan officially launched Hibernian Football Club....Father Hannan in turn handed over a set of strips white with green trimming and a harp on the breast”

The making of Hibernian The harp awakes Alan Lugton

Lancs Harp
30-03-2020, 07:48 PM
Due to mismanagement HIBS became homeless and temporarily ceased operating in 1891

The 1888/89 season started badly not helped by an early Scottish cup exit

The club started to struggle financially and support starts to disappear following a run of bad results and less and less matches being played in Edinburgh

Secretary Richard Payne decides against attending a meeting in Glasgow to discuss the future of the game. As a result the greens are not included in the newly formed Scottish League whilst Hearts and St Bernard’s are

Hibs played their first match at Easter Road on 4th February 1893

Despite this interruption the club today views the period since 1875 as one continued history and counts the honours won between 1875 and 1891 including the 1887 Scottish Cup

The club were admitted to the Scottish League in 1893 although they had to win the second division twice before being elected into the First Division in 1895

Anyway back to the original question: What colour was the very first HIBS strip?

:faf:

100 Years of HIBS Page 37 there is an image taken in 1876 of the green hoops and the black HFC across the chest

The historical kits site has Hibs very first kit in 1875 as all white. Green and white hoops gfollwed a season/year later.

As far as "Hibs purple" goes I much prefer it to "Hibs yellow"

BILLYHIBS
30-03-2020, 07:54 PM
The historical kits site has Hibs very first kit in 1875 as all white. Green and white hoops gfollwed a season/year later.

As far as "Hibs purple" goes I much prefer it to "Hibs yellow"

Please see my earlier posts

Purple pour moi

Kato
30-03-2020, 07:58 PM
Cant see us disagreeing in that post Billy. Hibernian ceased operating, not went out of business as we were not a business. We were the same as all clubs, an amateur concern. Club members did arrange matches albeit under different names.

An example of a club going out of business look no further than the old sticky buns. You could also look at the old Heart of Midlothian going bankrupt in 1905 and starting up again as "The Heart of Midlothian " which is the current bunch. Bet they were purple with rage when they let their club die.

BILLYHIBS
30-03-2020, 08:14 PM
Cant see us disagreeing in that post Billy. Hibernian ceased operating, not went out of business as we were not a business. We were the same as all clubs, an amateur concern. Club members did arrange matches albeit under different names.

An example of a club going out of business look no further than the old sticky buns. You could also look at the old Heart of Midlothian going bankrupt in 1905 and starting up again as "The Heart of Midlothian " which is the current bunch. Bet they were purple with rage when they let their club die.

Did not know anything about the Hearts doing walking away and I used to be a yam but that is another story a lifetime ago

GGTTH

Smartie
30-03-2020, 08:23 PM
Did not know anything about the Hearts doing walking away and I used to be a yam but that is another story a lifetime ago

GGTTH

https://media.giphy.com/media/lsU7mOh76j4QM/giphy.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/tu54GM19sqJOw/giphy.gif

BILLYHIBS
30-03-2020, 08:27 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/lsU7mOh76j4QM/giphy.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/tu54GM19sqJOw/giphy.gif

Ha Ha

BILLYHIBS
30-03-2020, 08:29 PM

I take it going into administration ( Hearts 2013) is not the same as going out of business in that case? 😂

LancashireHibby
30-03-2020, 08:54 PM
Loved all of the purple shirts apart from the lilac one a few years back. Green, white and purple are unmistakably Hibs colours as far as I’m concerned. Very much fits in with the earlier point and being able to differentiate with Celtic.

I’d be more than happy if we alternated white and purple away strips, although I suppose the former would depend on how much white is in the Celtic strip that year.

Kato
30-03-2020, 09:13 PM
I take it going into administration ( Hearts 2013) is not the same as going out of business in that case? [emoji23]No. 1905 was a bankruptcy, deid, gone, kaput, no-more, an ex-club, vanished. Started again as a "The". That club, 1905 one, survived administration.

Joe6-2
30-03-2020, 09:18 PM
Not bothered either way but always thought ( not that the SFA would pass it ) Hibs home top green with white sleeves and away white with green sleeves.

GGTTH

This!!!

Mibbes Aye
30-03-2020, 09:24 PM
T'm a fan of the purple away strip, through and through, alhough I think we could be more creative with it.

At the risk of contradicting myself however, I think there are some rules, not sure if Scottish or UEFA, about contrast. It is almost based on what black and white TV was like, and I wonder whether purple with white sleeves (which sounds sumptious) would still be seen as lacking contrast with green and white hoops?

NAE NOOKIE
30-03-2020, 11:25 PM
For the record:

Hibs away with white body and green sleeves is Ertha Kitt ... never liked it.

I hated the green and purple striped one ... and I actually bought one.

This years purple effort is rank.

Thank **** none of you know where I live :greengrin

Greenbeard
31-03-2020, 08:38 AM
For the record:

Given that it's not hard to get your Nat King in Galashiels Nae Nookie you must be easily identified as the one permanently sad looking bloke walking about the toon. :wink:

Pretty Boy
31-03-2020, 08:47 AM
For the record:

I agree about the white body and green sleeves. It's rank. Last years away top was awful and the 'classic' Adidas one from the early 90s was the same.

The green and purple stripes was outstanding though.

DaveF
31-03-2020, 10:47 AM
I agree about the white body and green sleeves. It's rank. Last years away top was awful and the 'classic' Adidas one from the early 90s was the same.

The green and purple stripes was outstanding though.

I've only read this post so am I having a whoosh moment or have you been on the sauce all day (and night) 😁

NAE NOOKIE
31-03-2020, 01:02 PM
Given that it's not hard to get your Nat King in Galashiels Nae Nookie you must be easily identified as the one permanently sad looking bloke walking about the toon. :wink:

I resemble that remark :grr::greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
31-03-2020, 01:03 PM
I've only read this post so am I having a whoosh moment or have you been on the sauce all day (and night) 😁

Like NAE NOOKIE the man has taste :greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
31-03-2020, 01:35 PM

Further to my previous reply I read out what you had said to my partner who is Gala born and bred expecting her to be affronted by your suggestion that Gala girls are easy ..... her reply was, 'he's not wrong' :faf:

Greenbeard
31-03-2020, 02:47 PM
Further to my previous reply I read out what you had said to my partner who is Gala born and bred expecting her to be affronted by your suggestion that Gala girls are easy ..... her reply was, 'he's not wrong' :faf:
What's that saying as you travel east along the Tweed?
Peebles for Pleasure.
Innerleithen for Bonnie Lassies.
And Gallie furra 5hag.

CLASS OF 72 -73
31-03-2020, 02:58 PM
For the record:

Gony cut the gress fella meant mention when I was walking the dug:greengrin

Diclonius
31-03-2020, 04:21 PM

GGTTH

Do tell!

BILLYHIBS
31-03-2020, 04:45 PM
Do tell!
See my first goal thread #41

I was born and bred in Gorgie kicked oot the hoose with a key round ma neck as soon as I could walk and kick a fitba used to skip in to see the Hearts or get a lift over mister?

Ma Dad was a Big Hibby Gordon Smith Lawrie Reilly and Joe Baker man kept telling me Hearts were gash

Was devastated when Santa brought me ma first Hearts strip :greengrin

LTYF

NAE NOOKIE
01-04-2020, 01:51 AM
Gony cut the gress fella meant mention when I was walking the dug:greengrin

:greengrin