PDA

View Full Version : Daryl Horgan article well worth a read

JimBHibees
16-12-2019, 11:15 AM
Interesting insight into Daryl

https://www.the42.ie/daryl-horgan-interview-4932791-Dec2019/

superfurryhibby
16-12-2019, 11:40 AM
Great interview. Nice to know that Daryll’s capable of some independent thought. He’s still got a lot to prove at Hibs, he’s been a very mixed bag. A useful member of the squad, but he can offer more?

LaMotta
16-12-2019, 11:53 AM
Seems an intelligent guy and his words about stuff posted on the internet are spot on IMO:

“I had a Facebook account, it’s probably still there but I don’t use it. For a while it was grand and I would speak to people on it but I found I was getting bogged down by it. I don’t feel the need for social media now because I’m happy to call, text or just speak to whoever it is.

“Social media plays such a big part in younger lads’ lives now. Win, lose or draw and within five minutes there are boys scrolling on the phone in our dressing room. When you play football, the last thing you need is people building you up to be a superstar or knocking down as some kind of disgrace.

“Everything has to be amazing or horrendous. Nothing can ever just be OK. You’re either crap or brilliant. I don’t like that. There’s no balance. It’s all about extremes. That’s not right.”

worcesterhibby
16-12-2019, 11:54 AM
Nice interview, thanks for sharing..I bet his Mrs really wants a Monster Truck :)

jacomo
16-12-2019, 11:59 AM
He comes across as a lovely, level-headed guy.

As someone who is also driven by my own standards and not what others expect of me, I can relate to a lot of what he is saying, and how it isn’t necessarily helpful at times. After all, football is a team game.

I like him and wish him well. The current formation doesn’t seem ideally suited to him but I can imagine we will also play with wingers frequently.

Cataplana
16-12-2019, 12:01 PM
Interesting insight into Daryl

https://www.the42.ie/daryl-horgan-interview-4932791-Dec2019/

Good spot, thanks. :aok:

The thing I have taken from this article is that Dundalk played in the group stages of the Europa Cup - something Hibs have yet to achieve.

Vault Boy
16-12-2019, 12:23 PM
That was a good read. Always heartening to have genuine good guys like Daryl, Daz and Lewis at the club. There's plenty more too, night and day from some of the characters of the past.

Heckys Wheel
16-12-2019, 12:29 PM
I have a lot of time for Horgan despite his inconsistency.

It’s a trivial thing but when we couldn’t buy a win under Hecky he was the first to applaud the fans after every game and genuinely looked gutted.

Seems like a great guy and a very similar interview to Lewis’. It does add to the theory that we could do with some mental toughness in the squad, neither of them covering themselves in glory in that sense.

CMurdoch
16-12-2019, 12:46 PM
Good interview.
The guy is ambitious, well grounded and intelligent.

MyJo
16-12-2019, 01:03 PM
Seems like a great guy and a very similar interview to Lewis’. It does add to the theory that we could do with some mental toughness in the squad, neither of them covering themselves in glory in that sense.

Nope, its only human that negative things being said about you will play on your mind or make you doubt yourself.

If anything, these interviews should make the idiots that post utter guff and personal insults about our players on social media after a defeat hang their heads in shame and think twice about what they post in the future......not holding my breath for that to happen though.

mayo hibee
16-12-2019, 02:10 PM
Good spot, thanks. :aok:

The thing I have taken from this article is that Dundalk played in the group stages of the Europa Cup - something Hibs have yet to achieve.

As have Shamrock Rovers. Linfield also went very close this year. But it's a lot easier to get into the group stages as a domestic league winner than as a third or fourth place team that enters at the first qualifying stage. The OF dominance in Scotland will always count against Hibs in Europe.

JimBHibees
16-12-2019, 02:52 PM
Nope, its only human that negative things being said about you will play on your mind or make you doubt yourself.

If anything, these interviews should make the idiots that post utter guff and personal insults about our players on social media after a defeat hang their heads in shame and think twice about what they post in the future......not holding my breath for that to happen though.

Absolutely though as Daryl and Lewis indicates it makes complete sense to have nothing to do with social media as it is either amazing or awful no in between.

Northernhibee
16-12-2019, 02:55 PM
Seems like a really top bloke.

Deeds
16-12-2019, 05:27 PM
The photo of him sliding into the fans at Tiny has replaced SDG as my phone wallpaper and will remain for the foreseeable... He comes across as really nice guy. Maybe needs a bit of arrogance (in the right way) to kick on..

lyonhibs
17-12-2019, 07:13 AM
Really rate him, if he did what he's capable of every single game, he wouldn't be at Hibs.

Inch joe
17-12-2019, 02:45 PM
His two goals goals at tynie castle, were superb,