PDA

View Full Version : The Rangers on Friday

Captain Trips
16-12-2019, 11:26 AM
For me there is nothing more enjoyable than beating The Rangers and we will.

Keith_M
16-12-2019, 11:28 AM
I admire your optimism but we'll have to be at our besr, and hope some of their players have an off day.

JXM73
16-12-2019, 11:29 AM
The huffalo suspended?

Steve88
16-12-2019, 11:30 AM
Very very excited about this. Expect to see more or less the same team over the last few weeks with the diamond formation interchanging into the 4-1-3-2.

Newell/Slivka for mallan... give us a bit more physicality in midfield

Bostonhibby
16-12-2019, 11:40 AM
Very very excited about this. Expect to see more or less the same team over the last few weeks with the diamond formation interchanging into the 4-1-3-2.

Newell/Slivka for mallan... give us a bit more physicality in midfield

It's a winnable game for sure. I'm generally a fan of Mallan but agree we need to try and accomodate both Newell, if fit, and Slivka for this one.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

we are hibs
16-12-2019, 11:44 AM
Hibs 5/1 for the win with skybet...

Steve20
16-12-2019, 11:44 AM
I don't think Defoe is a downgrade on Morelos so that won't affect them too much. But they're nowhere near as good as the media say and I think we'll beat them on Friday.

Springbank
16-12-2019, 11:48 AM
Marciano or Bogdan need to play in this one

Deansy
16-12-2019, 11:56 AM
Sportingly, morally & socially we are - always have been and always will be - light years ahead of 'Satan's 11'

C'MON THE HIBEES - RIP EM !

Since452
16-12-2019, 12:04 PM
Hopefully wee Fredo being suspended will be a blow for them but facing Rangers these days is a very different proposition to even last season

The Spaceman
16-12-2019, 12:06 PM
Whilst we will always fancy a game against Rangers, they are unfortunately lightyears ahead of 2-3 years ago. Like Celtic Park on Sunday, we will need a special performance to take anything from this game, combined probably with an off-day for them. Sad but true.

B.H.F.C
16-12-2019, 12:16 PM
I think we really need to get after them on Friday. They won’t like that. They don’t like being challenged or teams having a go at them.

The crowd will be well up for the game early on and the players need to make sure the atmosphere stays like that.

Playing them at home is completely different and we need to look to beat them.

JimBHibees
16-12-2019, 12:18 PM
I think we really need to get after them on Friday. They won’t like that. They don’t like being challenged or teams having a go at them.

The crowd will be well up for the game early on and the players need to make sure the atmosphere stays like that.

Playing them at home is completely different and we need to look to beat them.

Totally agree get right at them and do well on the ball. They are still a wee bit fragile away from home imo as Hearts and Aberdeen have shown no doubt they are stronger this season though so another tough test which is good.

GreenCastle
16-12-2019, 12:21 PM
Last time we played them we lost 6-1 going on about 20.

That was the beginning of the end for me with Hecky.

Midfield was woeful that day and everything else was poor too - except Marciano who made a lot of good saves.

Will be tough Friday but like Celtic when you spend a fortune the opposition simply have better players. You could even say Defoe is a better finisher than Morales.

Looking forward to it - Shame Morales isn’t playing as always nice to see him against Porto plus his pantomime act he brings.

jonny
16-12-2019, 12:25 PM
Hopefully wee Fredo being suspended will be a blow for them but facing Rangers these days is a very different proposition to even last season

Definitely mate. It'll likely be Defoe that steps in and covers for Morelos and in some respects Defoe is even more dangerous.
Still quietly confident we can get something from the game though.

we are hibs
16-12-2019, 12:31 PM
Whilst we will always fancy a game against Rangers, they are unfortunately lightyears ahead of 2-3 years ago. Like Celtic Park on Sunday, we will need a special performance to take anything from this game, combined probably with an off-day for them. Sad but true.

Think youre massively overrating them. They only managed a draw against a rank hearts team away. Werent particularly impressive yesterday either despite winning.

Hibernian Verse
16-12-2019, 01:03 PM
Think youre massively overrating them. They only managed a draw against a rank hearts team away. Werent particularly impressive yesterday either despite winning.

He is "Rangers Leaning".

Barney McGrew
16-12-2019, 01:13 PM
If we can keep Kent quiet and not let Jack bully our midfield then we have a decent chance.

calumhibee1
16-12-2019, 04:08 PM
He is "Rangers Leaning".

I can’t stand Rangers but they’re a very good side, there’s no doubt about it. At their current PPG they’d have won the league in 4 of the last 5 seasons.

Captain Trips
16-12-2019, 04:23 PM
They are pish. We were pish.

Oscar T Grouch
16-12-2019, 04:32 PM
I feel sorry for the folks around Easter Road who will need to put up with the hun hordes urinating and smashing bottles in their locale, there is always a slight smell of pish and buckfast the morning after a game against the huns. Don't think we will beat them on Friday but a draw isn't out the question. We need to be tight at the back as they have a lot of forward thinking players.

Lago
16-12-2019, 05:04 PM
Both of the Glasgow 2 are pulling away from the rest of Scottish football & I can't see that changing any time soon unfortunately.

Leithenhibby
16-12-2019, 05:09 PM

:agree:

I always fancy our chances against anyone at ER under the lights...

Glory Glory.

Diclonius
16-12-2019, 05:16 PM

Wins against Hearts are better, but against Rangers are a close second!

This will be a very tough game and I'll be happy with a point.

hibbysam
16-12-2019, 07:04 PM

I’d question anyone who say they prefer to beat Rangers than Hearts. Rangers are a million miles ahead of us, if they turn up the beat us, it’s fairly simple, we need them to be off it, and us to be well at it. We also need to cut out our simple mistakes that certain players are making to give us a chance.

we are hibs
16-12-2019, 07:06 PM
I’d question anyone who say they prefer to beat Rangers than Hearts. Rangers are a million miles ahead of us, if they turn up the beat us, it’s fairly simple, we need them to be off it, and us to be well at it. We also need to cut out our simple mistakes that certain players are making to give us a chance.

What a great attitude. No point in anyone turning up on Friday eh?

hibbysam
16-12-2019, 07:11 PM

That we need Rangers to be off it for us to get a result? It’s hardly rocket science that. They’ve got a squad worth millions and are flying, don’t concede many and score plenty. Never said we had no chance, but it relies on us being at the top of our game and them not at the top of their’s.

Since452
16-12-2019, 07:11 PM

100% agree. We're 20 points behind Rangers already for a reason. I'd happily take victory in the derby over Friday night. In saying that they have their fragilities as Aberdeen showed but even then they only got a draw

Hibeesmad
16-12-2019, 07:14 PM
Hibs to win 1-0.

Stuart93
16-12-2019, 07:30 PM

Think you need to wake up mate, they aren’t the rangers of seasons gone past. Completely different animal this season

Heisenberg
16-12-2019, 07:31 PM
Hibs to win 1-0.

I’d be astonished if we kept a clean sheet. 3-2 Hibs for old time’s sake.

Captain Trips
16-12-2019, 07:33 PM

I dislike Rangers more than Hearts. Simple really. I do not see what relevance their finances have on my preference on beating them to Hearts. It makes it less likely but no less a preference.

hibbysam
16-12-2019, 07:38 PM
I dislike Rangers more than Hearts. Simple really. I do not see what relevance their finances have on my preference on beating them to Hearts. It makes it less likely but no less a preference.

Bit creepy but never mind.

Keith_M
16-12-2019, 07:43 PM

I don't think anybody said anything even remotely suggesting that.

They've spent a fortune assembling their squad and the results are there for all to see in the league table.

Hibs can make a decent fight of it, if we play like we did against the Dons, but if DerHun are on top form, it will still be a big challenge

we are hibs
16-12-2019, 08:04 PM
Think you need to wake up mate, they aren’t the rangers of seasons gone past. Completely different animal this season

Yet theyve drawn with a poor hearts team and drawn with aberdeen. Sorry if im not having sleepless nights about the huns. They arent as good as being made out. You'd think we were playing liverpool on Friday the amount of pants full of skidmarks on here. We are Hibs, at home under the lights for a midweek game against rangers. Of course we are capable of beating them.

Hibs4185
16-12-2019, 08:47 PM
Only 1 result....Hibees 3 Rangers 2

Goal scorers

Doidge
Kamberi
Allan

erin go bragh
16-12-2019, 09:15 PM
Both of the Glasgow 2 are pulling away from the rest of Scottish football & I can't see that changing any time soon unfortunately.
Celtic haven’t beat us at ER in six years . Our record against both them at ER is probably the best in the league.
Friday night under the lights at ER . Bring it on .

Jones28
16-12-2019, 09:24 PM
If it’s the teams that turned up a couple of weeks ago then it will be some game. I think however that this rangers team is a different animal to that of the last few seasons.

However, it’s at home, under the lights, so bring them on.

Smartie
16-12-2019, 09:28 PM
If it’s the teams that turned up a couple of weeks ago then it will be some game. I think however that this rangers team is a different animal to that of the last few seasons.

However, it’s at home, under the lights, so bring them on.

I don’t think Rangers are much better than last year. I thought they were miles better last year than in previous seasons though.

What they’ve done well is to build up a fear factor, a lot of teams are beaten before they play them. We probably would have been under Hecky, but I fancy us to give them a very good game on Friday.

Keith_M
16-12-2019, 09:49 PM
Yet theyve drawn with a poor hearts team and drawn with aberdeen. Sorry if im not having sleepless nights about the huns. They arent as good as being made out. You'd think we were playing liverpool on Friday the amount of pants full of skidmarks on here. We are Hibs, at home under the lights for a midweek game against rangers. Of course we are capable of beating them.

Wind yer neck in and stop making things up

Jones28
16-12-2019, 09:50 PM
I don’t think Rangers are much better than last year. I thought they were miles better last year than in previous seasons though.

What they’ve done well is to build up a fear factor, a lot of teams are beaten before they play them. We probably would have been under Hecky, but I fancy us to give them a very good game on Friday.

The way they shifted the ball about in the cup final I feel they’re much sharper than last season. But yes you’re right, the fear factor is much more of a factor than the actual quality. If we play well and take the game to them we can take the points.

we are hibs
16-12-2019, 09:56 PM
Wind yer neck in and stop making things up

Im making nothing up. Maybe you should wind your neck in 👍

"Million miles ahead of us"
"If they turn up theyll win"

Honestly its embarrassing. Its ****ing rangers.

Captain Trips
16-12-2019, 10:12 PM

What is creepy about it exactly?

hibbysam
16-12-2019, 10:40 PM
What is creepy about it exactly?

That you/anyone take greater pleasure from winning a run of the mill league game against a side who will finish well above us, over beating our main and closest rivals who we are competing with for positions year on year.

calumhibee1
16-12-2019, 10:50 PM

Other than the Celtic game you’ve literally listed the only two domestic games they’ve dropped points in this season. We’re nearly half way through. They are picking up points at a rate that would have won the league in 4 of the last 5 seasons, got a goal difference which is headed for +88 or so for the season and just qualified out their Europa League group with some outstanding results.

We’re definitely capable of winning on Friday. But they’re a very good side in Scottish football terms and anyone saying otherwise is simply letting their hatred of Rangers cloud their judgement.

BoyledEgg
16-12-2019, 10:53 PM
That you/anyone take greater pleasure from winning a run of the mill league game against a side who will finish well above us, over beating our main and closest rivals who we are competing with for positions year on year.

I dislike The Rangers more than Hearts. Nothing creepy about it.

B.H.F.C
16-12-2019, 10:53 PM
Other than the Celtic game you’ve literally listed the only two domestic games they’ve dropped points in this season. We’re nearly half way through. They are picking up points at a rate that would have won the league in 4 of the last 5 seasons, got a goal difference which is headed for +80 or even more and just qualified out their Europa League group with some outstanding results.

We’re definitely capable of winning on Friday. But they’re a very good side in Scottish football terms and anyone saying otherwise is simply letting their hatred of Rangers cloud their judgement.

I don’t think they can be considered very good until they’ve got something to show for it. We’ll take points off them on Friday, they’ll lose at Parkhead and be out the title race by the winter break.

calumhibee1
16-12-2019, 10:56 PM
I don’t think they can be considered very good until they’ve got something to show for it. We’ll take points off them on Friday, they’ll lose at Parkhead and be out the title race by the winter break.

Not sure I agree with that. Celtic are also very good, even better in fact. It doesn’t detract from the fact that Rangers are also very good though.

Liverpool were very good domestically in England last year, not having anything to show for it doesn’t change that.

hibbysam
16-12-2019, 10:59 PM

In your opinion.

hibbysam
16-12-2019, 11:01 PM

If the striker who plays against us on Friday, had been playing last Sunday, they would have their first trophy of the season in the bag. Any side that qualifies for the last 32 of the Europa league is a very good side, especially one that has had to play 4 qualifiers to get there, and have only lost to one side domestically all season.

Onion
16-12-2019, 11:06 PM
Hibs 5/1 for the win with skybet...

Wishful thinking but some Hun sympathisers or those in the know that the ref has been pre-briefed ? Either way, Hibs current form, new manager and recent results deserve a little more respect.

B.H.F.C
16-12-2019, 11:08 PM
Not sure I agree with that. Celtic are also very good, even better in fact. It doesn’t detract from the fact that Rangers are also very good though.

Liverpool were very good domestically in England last year, not having anything to show for it doesn’t change that.

They had the Champions League to show for it though. And an outrageous points total in terms of not winning he league. That won’t happen again.

I just think Rangers still have a bit to prove. They’ve obviously improved a lot but when I’ve seen them lately they’ve been scraping by a bit.

Captain Trips
16-12-2019, 11:27 PM
In your opinion.

That doesn't answer why it's creepy to dislike The Rangers more than Hearts.

Jim44
16-12-2019, 11:36 PM
I’m satisfied to be quoted as gross underdogs against a team, expected to be challenging for the top spot in the league, but which will have glorious failure at best. Nothing to lose, chase the game and put in a good shift. If we get something points-wise from the game, it’ll be a bonus. If we don’t, nothing seriously lost and we move on, hopefully to a Derby win and 3 points v Livi. before the January break and a chance to shore up perceived weaknesses.

Hibernia&Alba
16-12-2019, 11:37 PM
I also dislike Rangers more than Hearts. Now don't get me wrong, I have no time for Hearts, but Hunnery is a whole different level of unpleasantness.

Cardinal G
17-12-2019, 03:04 AM
I also dislike Rangers more than Hearts. Now don't get me wrong, I have no time for Hearts, but Hunnery is a whole different level of unpleasantness.

Same here.

SquashedFrogg
17-12-2019, 06:49 AM

Tbf myself and most of my mates are the same. We must be creepy too.

Pretty Boy
17-12-2019, 06:57 AM
Tbf myself and most of my mates are the same. We must be creepy too.

Add me to the list of creeps as well.

I dislike Hearts as a football team and enjoy beating them. I absolutely despise Rangers as an institution.

Springbank
17-12-2019, 07:02 AM

I'm exactly this too

Their Union is over, and their "we are the people" supremacy is throttled on the field of play when we beat them 3-2

I dont hate hearts

But i really dislike what Rangers stand for, all of it

They are the very worst of Britain

hibbysam
17-12-2019, 07:08 AM

I dislike Hearts as a football team and enjoy beating them. I absolutely despise Rangers as an institution.

That wasn’t the point though. The poster advised he took more pleasure from beating rangers than any other side, including hearts. He would rather beat rangers than win an Edinburgh derby. Each to their own but that’s creepy to me.

JimBHibees
17-12-2019, 07:16 AM

Can't really disagree with that bottom line it is only football and the notion of some sort of supremacy based on tradition or some made up 2000 year old story being better than another one is laughable if it wasn't for the thinly veiled hatred most of it is based on.

CentreLine
17-12-2019, 07:22 AM

Yes, will said tillguy. Football is supposed to be an entertainment industry not gang warfare. There are no rules about who we can like less or more and no need for a pack mentality.

HFC93
17-12-2019, 07:50 AM
That wasn’t the point though. The poster advised he took more pleasure from beating rangers than any other side, including hearts. He would rather beat rangers than win an Edinburgh derby. Each to their own but that’s creepy to me.

I hate Hearts more than Rangers, but I'm struggling to understand why the opposite is 'creepy'. Strange choice of words.

Captain Trips
17-12-2019, 08:32 AM

Yes and I am born and breed in Glasgow never lived in Edinburgh do not know any Hearts fans so never had any banter with them. All my friends are OF fans and when growing up with football in late 80s into 90s it was old Rangers who dominated and I never got peace from the boasting and gloating therefore giving me the biggest dislike for them. From what you have stated earlier just because Celtic/Rangers are well above us we should have more of a dislike for teams on a similar standing? Utter nonsense. Why do I need to dislike Hearts the most?

As I said nothing creepy about it. The only thing creepy about all this is you thinking it its creepy.

Since452
17-12-2019, 08:48 AM
Hibs away is one of the tough ones for Rangers outside Celtic. Them winning at Easter Road, Pittodrie and Tynecastle is key to winning the league and they'll be bang up for it.

berwickhibee
17-12-2019, 08:57 AM
Hibs away is one of the tough ones for Rangers outside Celtic. Them winning at Easter Road, Pittodrie and Tynecastle is key to winning the league and they'll be bang up for it.

Agree. But so will hibs. Big big game for the club.

hibbysam
17-12-2019, 08:57 AM
Yes and I am born and breed in Glasgow never lived in Edinburgh do not know any Hearts fans so never had any banter with them. All my friends are OF fans and when growing up with football in late 80s into 90s it was old Rangers who dominated and I never got peace from the boasting and gloating therefore giving me the biggest dislike for them. From what you have stated earlier just because Celtic/Rangers are well above us we should have more of a dislike for teams on a similar standing? Utter nonsense. Why do I need to dislike Hearts the most?

As I said nothing creepy about it. The only thing creepy about all this is you thinking it its creepy.

It’s not about dislike, it’s about winning a football match. The Edinburgh derby is far and away our biggest game each season and beating them is the pinnacle.

As I said, in your opinion.

Diclonius
17-12-2019, 09:20 AM
The way I've always seen it is:

Hearts are our rivals, and supporting Hibs would be for the worse without them to compare to and play against. Beating them is, outwith a cup win, the best feeling you can get as a Hibs supporter.
It's a great feeling beating Celtic/Rangers, but I hate games against them because of the behaviour of their fans and that we usually lose. I wouldn't be bothered if they didn't exist, as it is to the detriment of the rest of the Scottish teams.

we are hibs
17-12-2019, 09:42 AM
Other than the Celtic game you’ve literally listed the only two domestic games they’ve dropped points in this season. We’re nearly half way through. They are picking up points at a rate that would have won the league in 4 of the last 5 seasons, got a goal difference which is headed for +88 or so for the season and just qualified out their Europa League group with some outstanding results.

Never once said they werent good i just find the defeatist attitude before a ball has been kicked pretty poor. They have dropped points against Hearts and Aberdeen and also toiled to wins away to livi and motherwell. They werent great in any of those 4 games.

The last 3 home games under Jack Ross we have played some great football at times and looked far more threatening than before. This hibs team has improved in the last few weeks. I think people dismissing that is also poor.

BILLYHIBS
17-12-2019, 09:54 AM
Never once said they werent good i just find the defeatist attitude before a ball has been kicked pretty poor. They have dropped points against Hearts and Aberdeen and also toiled to wins away to livi and motherwell. They werent great in any of those 4 games.

The last 3 home games under Jack Ross we have played some great football at times and looked far more threatening than before. This hibs team has improved in the last few weeks. I think people dismissing that is also poor.
Hear hear!

Lets go for it

We should be able to beat anyone at Easter Road under the lights

The Rangers have improved under Gerrard and Defoe ain’t no mug

No one said it was going to be easy

Hibs win!

Diclonius
17-12-2019, 09:57 AM

They're may have had a tough time in those games, but they still avoided defeat or won, and on the flip side they've beaten Hearts 5-0 and 3-0, Aberdeen 5-0, and still won both of their games against Motherwell and Livingston. The only team Rangers have lost to domestically this season is Celtic.

We should still be aiming to make a game of it but a defeat, while sore to take, wouldn't be unexpected.

Captain Trips
17-12-2019, 10:05 AM
It’s not about dislike, it’s about winning a football match. The Edinburgh derby is far and away our biggest game each season and beating them is the pinnacle.

As I said, in your opinion.

It is about dislike as I stated I dislike Rangers more than Hearts. It is not our biggest game each season it depends on what is at stake per match for that to be the case. Beating Hearts is not the pinnacle of any standards i would set at Hibs. Aim as high as possible nothing to do with Hearts.

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-12-2019, 10:12 AM
I hate Hearts more than Rangers, but I'm struggling to understand why the opposite is 'creepy'. Strange choice of words.

Me too.

Captain Trips
17-12-2019, 10:16 AM
Me too.

You creepy barsteward :greengrin

Keith_M
17-12-2019, 02:07 PM
Well this thread has gone a bit wierd.

🙃

Keith_M
17-12-2019, 02:08 PM
We hate Glasgow Rangers
we hate Celtc too
we hate Heart of Midlothian

See, it's not that complicated, really.

😉

hhibs
17-12-2019, 03:00 PM
That doesn't answer why it's creepy to dislike The Rangers more than Hearts.

Indeed,a very strange choice of language.

1van Sprou7e
17-12-2019, 05:18 PM
Wee festive number we can belt out on Friday

https://youtu.be/-fXgOXRbmjA

:duck:

17-12-2019, 05:58 PM

Agreed. Hearts are a horrible horrible club and their despicable, arrogant fans with ideas way about their station are as insufferable as it gets but The Rangers are just a club truly rotten to the very core. A poisonous, toxic club with bigotry and hatred ingrained right into it.

As for Friday, I see no reason why we can't get something. Rangers are having a good season and as mentioned before are certainly a far better outfit than in pervious years but they aren't suddenly Barcelona. We will have to put in a very good performance but we've shown we can do that. Celtic are a better side than them and we held them to a draw earlier in the season at home.

hibbysam
17-12-2019, 06:04 PM
Agreed. Hearts are a horrible horrible club and their despicable, arrogant fans with ideas way about their station are as insufferable as it gets but The Rangers are just a club truly rotten to the very core. A poisonous, toxic club with bigotry and hatred ingrained right into it.

As for Friday, I see no reason why we can't get something. Rangers are having a good season and as mentioned before are certainly a far better outfit than in pervious years but they aren't suddenly Barcelona. We will have to put in a very good performance but we've shown we can do that. Celtic are a better side than them and we held them to a draw earlier in the season at home.

Nobody has said we can’t get something. Like the Celtic game we needed them to be off it, they were, we also had to be very good, which we were. I don’t see much between Celtic and Rangers, especially on last Sunday’s game where rangers played Celtic off the park, and had Defoe been up front then they would’ve won by 2/3 in my opinion.

If we make the same individual mistakes that have plagued us this season we will get turned over comfortably. We need to cut those out as even Sundays between Porteous and Maxwell for the two goals will see us punished heavily. Rangers didn’t get out second gear to beat Motherwell on Sunday and are flying just now, like all games against the Old Firm, it is hope rather than expectation for me, which often ends up building a far better atmosphere.

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-12-2019, 09:34 PM
You creepy barsteward :greengrin

Creepy is supposedly the other way round, not sure why.

Captain Trips
17-12-2019, 10:26 PM
Creepy is supposedly the other way round, not sure why.

Indeed you are off the creep list.

wookie70
17-12-2019, 11:06 PM
First league game I will miss at ER for around 8 years as I foolishly bought Gerry Cinnamon tickets before the game was rearranged. Think The Rangers will be big favourites as they are at the same level as Celtc and they destroyed us on Saturday. Hopefully we get the rub of the green as we have since Heck left but could be a long night.

Is It On....
17-12-2019, 11:51 PM
We hate Glasgow Rangers
we hate Celtc too
we hate Heart of Midlothian

See, it's not that complicated, really.

😉

Summed up very nicely...indeed, someone should try and make a song incorporating those three lines..🙂

18-12-2019, 01:11 AM
I quite like rangers. The fact they still aren’t over the cup final makes me happy.

Gmack7
18-12-2019, 06:58 AM
will it be close to a full house?

Yorkshire HFC
18-12-2019, 07:03 AM
First league game I will miss at ER for around 8 years as I foolishly bought Gerry Cinnamon tickets before the game was rearranged. Think The Rangers will be big favourites as they are at the same level as Celtc and they destroyed us on Saturday. Hopefully we get the rub of the green as we have since Heck left but could be a long night.

I went to school with someone who hadn't missed a game at Easter Road for more than 2 seasons - then he missed the Kilmarnock game where I think we won 8 - 0. An omen?

PeeJay
18-12-2019, 08:35 AM
Just another football game for me - they are 2nd top, have a GD of 37, are pacy and skilled up front, whereas we have a GD of -4 due to our very poor defence - They beat us 6-1 already this season and they probably should have beat Celtic recently: We may be playing better than under Hecky, but we will need to play as well as we can over 90 minutes and hope that they don't turn up for more than 2 to take anything from the game. I don't think they are a very good team myself, but they are far better than us and much more consistent as results and points clearly show ... I'd like us to win of course and we might very well manage to do that, but I will be very surprised if we do ...

Betty Boop
18-12-2019, 08:43 AM
Hate is a bit over the top. It's football after all no war games.

Since452
18-12-2019, 08:47 AM
We need to press them (some might say gegenpressing) all over the pitch and give them as little time on the ball as possible. Easter Road under the lights is special so anything can happen. Rangers have more mistakes and lapses in concentration in them than Celtic

Smartie
18-12-2019, 08:48 AM
The last few times we’ve played them they’ve murdered us in that deep midfield area in front of the defence.

To get anything out of the game, we’re going to have to have a plan to cope in that area, both in and out of possession.

I still think that due to personnel that area is our Achilles heel so it’s a big ask.

basehibby
18-12-2019, 10:54 AM
The last few times we’ve played them they’ve murdered us in that deep midfield area in front of the defence.

To get anything out of the game, we’re going to have to have a plan to cope in that area, both in and out of possession.

I still think that due to personnel that area is our Achilles heel so it’s a big ask.

I agree - maybe a game to get Slivka back in for Mallan as he gives us a little bit more in terms of defending/tracking back. It's certainly a tough game - Rangers have improved year on year and are giving a strong Celtic a good run for their money this season. Still though - if we play to our own strengths effectively we can certainly worry them and there's no reason why we can't beat them at ER. I am definitely a lot more confident about our prospects with Ross on board than I would have been under Hecks - who just didn't seem to know how to set up in these games.

Since452
18-12-2019, 01:35 PM
A win for Celtic tonight will ramp up the pressure on the huns especially without wee Fredo

matty_f
18-12-2019, 01:44 PM
Our best bet is to counter on them quickly - see the goals we scored against Aberdeen for example. If we attack frequently and attack quickly, we'll score. If we get an early goal and can counter effectively, they'll start committing players forward and I think we'll be able to get in behind them a lot. That's how I would approach it.

We'll need to be brave on the ball though, we gave it away too cheaply against Celtic and if we do the same again against Rangers it'll be a long night.

Anthony Soprano
18-12-2019, 02:43 PM

I'm the same, hate hearts as a team but i have a lot of good friends who are jambos, of course we wind each other up but i can usually sit in their company and have a level headed chat with them about the current goings on at both teams and they can have a laugh at their own expense.

I can't do that with huns, they're so f***ing delusional, seem to think the refs have got an agenda against them, unbearable c***s.
Also, just the fact that a good number of them are generally just sc*mbags, brought up to hate, so full of bigotry and vile and they wonder why everyone hates them. Horrible fans, horrible club.

Anthony Soprano
18-12-2019, 02:58 PM

There's plenty huns and tims through here so nice to have it the other way round for a change! Albeit unusual.

How did you end up supporting Hibs if you don't mind me asking?

The glory hunter old firm fans in Edinburgh are bad enough so i can't imagine what it must be like for you through there being a Hibee surrounded by the c****.

Glory Glory

Captain Trips
18-12-2019, 03:03 PM
There's plenty huns and tims through here so nice to have it the other way round for a change! Albeit unusual.

How did you end up supporting Hibs if you don't mind me asking?

The glory hunter old firm fans in Edinburgh are bad enough so i can't imagine what it must be like for you through there being a Hibee surrounded by the c****.

Glory Glory

Playing footy in street my mates would be "Davie Cooper" or "Roy Aitken" Hibs were on play Celtic on TV I think and I laughed at the name Keith Houchen so I went him. Then decided to go to a game and watch and just felt right.Both my Brothers at time had STs at Ibrox.

Anthony Soprano
18-12-2019, 03:11 PM
Playing footy in street my mates would be "Davie Cooper" or "Roy Aitken" Hibs were on play Celtic on TV I think and I laughed at the name Keith Houchen so I went him. Then decided to go to a game and watch and just felt right.Both my Brothers at time had STs at Ibrox.

Haha, superb.
It's certainly a roller coaster supporting the cabbage but I wouldn't change it for the world.
Hopefully get one over on your brothers on Friday:wink:

Bangkok Hibby
18-12-2019, 03:17 PM
I'm the same, hate hearts as a team but i have a lot of good friends who are jambos, of course we wind each other up but i can usually sit in their company and have a level headed chat with them about the current goings on at both teams and they can have a laugh at their own expense.

I can't do that with huns, they're so f***ing delusional, seem to think the refs have got an agenda against them, unbearable c***s.
Also, just the fact that a good number of them are generally just sc*mbags, brought up to hate, so full of bigotry and vile and they wonder why everyone hates them. Horrible fans, horrible club.

Agree with every word...….

I work with a pretty much 50/50 ugly sisters split. Football apart the Celtic fans seem rational humans until football talk starts of course. I've yet to find one who is prepared to discuss anything negative about their team. Whilst this is the same football-wise for the other mob there's also an underlying nasty, angry, bigotted persona which they just can't hide. This holds true for hun fans who live and come from all corners of Scotland. No Glasgow or Irish history anywhere in their sad lives.

wookie70
18-12-2019, 04:32 PM
I went to school with someone who hadn't missed a game at Easter Road for more than 2 seasons - then he missed the Kilmarnock game where I think we won 8 - 0. An omen? I have form, the 6-2 game was the only game I missed at home that season due to illness. 8-0 or 6-2 would be great but any points will be welcome

WhileTheChief..
18-12-2019, 04:51 PM

So you hate Hearts but dislike Rangers fans 'cause they are 'brought up to hate'.

Double standards there no??!

I don't hate anyone. Certainly not for which club they support. I probably stopped thinking that way at primary school!

seanshow
19-12-2019, 07:33 AM
I know The the rangers have improved greatly, 1 league defeat out of 16 is impressive but any takers for
Friday's betting odds. 6/1 for a home win or perhaps Hibs not to lose 9/5, the latter seems good to me.

Anthony Soprano
19-12-2019, 09:24 AM
So you hate Hearts but dislike Rangers fans 'cause they are 'brought up to hate'.

Double standards there no??!

I don't hate anyone. Certainly not for which club they support. I probably stopped thinking that way at primary school!

I hate hearts as a football team, I never said i hate their fans as individuals, as i said in my comment i have a lot of friends who are hearts fans.

Maybe go back to primary school mate, I'm sure they could teach you the basics of reading and understanding sentences properly, no??!

Have a good one big man.

Brightside
19-12-2019, 09:31 AM
Morelas is banned for this game I thought?

Stuart93
19-12-2019, 10:26 AM
Morelas is banned for this game I thought?

He is is he no?

Brightside
19-12-2019, 10:38 AM
He is is he no?

He's 2nd fav as first goal scorer with all the firms? I know they are often at it.......

WestCoastHibby
19-12-2019, 10:52 AM
Statistically they aren’t rivalling anything just now

Barman Stanton
19-12-2019, 11:08 AM
I dislike Rangers as much as the next man. But to be honest I get way way more joy beating Hearts than anyone else. Not even close to be honest.

WhileTheChief..
19-12-2019, 11:14 AM
I hate hearts as a football team, I never said i hate their fans as individuals, as i said in my comment i have a lot of friends who are hearts fans.

Maybe go back to primary school mate, I'm sure they could teach you the basics of reading and understanding sentences properly, no??!

Have a good one big man.

I never said you hate Hearts fans, maybe go back and ..........:na na:

green with envy
19-12-2019, 11:14 AM

Just wrong... Friday is not midweek.

Stuart93
19-12-2019, 12:15 PM
He's 2nd fav as first goal scorer with all the firms? I know they are often at it.......

He’s definitely out like. He’ll probably be removed tomorrow when they realise. Mind you, like you say, they might be at it

Dalianwanda
19-12-2019, 12:21 PM
Im making nothing up. Maybe you should wind your neck in 👍

"Million miles ahead of us"
"If they turn up theyll win"

Honestly its embarrassing. Its ****ing rangers.

Jeez your easily embarrassed...Of course we have a decent chance and of course it’s going to be a huge challenge due to the calibre of player they now have. I fancy a draw 2-2..

Squealing pig
19-12-2019, 01:23 PM
Was advised the other day I can upgrade a child’s season ticket to adult for this game but how do I go about doing it? Any help appreciated

Springbank
19-12-2019, 02:04 PM
Two ways of looking at this, but there must be a good chance of either of these things happening:

(1) The rangers end the game with 9 men, after red cards for Jack (on Allan) and Barasic (on Boyle)

(2) The rangers end the game with 11 men, but on Monday 23 December the SFA Compliance Officer subsequently offers 2 match bans to Jack (for his foul on Allan) and Barasic (for his foul on Boyle)

Keith_M
19-12-2019, 02:06 PM
Was advised the other day I can upgrade a child’s season ticket to adult for this game but how do I go about doing it? Any help appreciated

Phone the Ticket Office, Option 2.

You should get through to somebody that can do that for you..

Squealing pig
19-12-2019, 02:09 PM
Phone the Ticket Office, Option 2.

You should get through to somebody that can do that for you..

Thanks Keith

Col2
19-12-2019, 03:12 PM
My very rough high level glance would suggest c550 tickets left plus exec seats in west stand.

Good chance of sell out by kick off.

JohnMcM
19-12-2019, 05:42 PM
My very rough high level glance would suggest c550 tickets left plus exec seats in west stand.

Good chance of sell out by kick off.

Does anyone know how many tickets those nice chappies in blue have been given? I do so enjoy the happy repertoire from their raised voices as they sing in joyful unison.

2-1 to the good guys.

:flag:

theonlywayisup
20-12-2019, 06:57 AM
What a waste of energy trying to argue who you hate most!

Anyhow, would love to see a repeat of the game below.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6N2Gfhgv7RA

Not sure the link will work ok, but it's the 4-0 game.

danhibees1875
20-12-2019, 07:17 AM
Two ways of looking at this, but there must be a good chance of either of these things happening:

(1) The rangers end the game with 9 men, after red cards for Jack (on Allan) and Barasic (on Boyle)

(2) The rangers end the game with 11 men, but on Monday 23 December the SFA Compliance Officer subsequently offers 2 match bans to Jack (for his foul on Allan) and Barasic (for his foul on Boyle)

(3) The rangers end the game with 11 men and on Monday the SFA compliance officer decides not to bother looking at the the obvious red card fouls by Jack (on Allan) and Barasic (on Boyle).

1van Sprou7e
20-12-2019, 09:06 AM

Unfortunately rangers will probably never have such a poor team at Easter Road ever again

We'll be going for the win tonight but I'll happily take a draw

calumhibee1
20-12-2019, 09:39 AM

I’d like to see that game mixed with Allan’s tackle from the 5-5 game (and subsequent booking of course, no red).

Diclonius
20-12-2019, 09:43 AM
Unfortunately rangers will probably never have such a poor team at Easter Road ever again

We'll be going for the win tonight but I'll happily take a draw

Yup.

I reckon that'll be our biggest win over them for at least another 30-40 years. One of my favourite ever Hibs games.

Captain Trips
20-12-2019, 10:33 AM
The have plenty of deficiencies in their team I have no worries at all that we can beat them. There is nobody better on the pitch tonight to slide in a pass than Scott Allan as long as our players perform I have no worries.

FilipinoHibs
20-12-2019, 10:45 AM
Yup.

I reckon that'll be our biggest win over them for at least another 30-40 years. One of my favourite ever Hibs games.

Allan's hand off of Black.🤪

we are hibs
20-12-2019, 11:14 AM
Yup.

Youre going to look extremely silly after our 5-0 win tonight.

Since452
20-12-2019, 11:21 AM

As good as that was I think we actually played better in the 5-5 game. We were 3-0 up early and looking like scoring every time we went forward. They were absolutely soiling themselves. Still irks me how we let them back in the game so easily and almost unbelievabley lost it!

BILLYHIBS
20-12-2019, 11:23 AM
As good as that was I think we actually played better in the 5-5 game. We were 3-0 up early and looking like scoring every time we went forward. They were absolutely soiling themselves. Still irks me how we let them back in the game so easily and almost unbelievabley lost it!

Yip! It’s s##t being a HIBS supporter :greengrin

:scarf:

Stuart93
20-12-2019, 11:33 AM

Players done their pan in for the first 25mins and were absolutely blowing out their *****. Should’ve sat back a bit and tried to get to HT 3-0 up. They kept at it though and the game panned out the way it did

One of the most entertaining games I’ve been to mind you

wookie70
20-12-2019, 11:59 AM
Players done their pan in for the first 25mins and were absolutely blowing out their *****. Should’ve sat back a bit and tried to get to HT 3-0 up. They kept at it though and the game panned out the way it did

One of the most entertaining games I’ve been to mind you

Tactically naive in the extreme but it was a great watch.

Stuart93
20-12-2019, 12:00 PM

Absolutely

The 5-3 against killie was a close second anaw

we are hibs
20-12-2019, 12:11 PM

We had to be tbf. We nearly pulled it off. If whittaker had scored the header 20 seconds before they scored i reckon we wouldve done it.

hibbysam
20-12-2019, 12:17 PM

We had to win by 5/6 that day, we were always going to be wide open, and regardless of how poor they were at the back, they were still good on the break and it showed.

theonlywayisup
20-12-2019, 12:30 PM
As posters are mentioning the 5-5 game, below is a link to the extended highlights (warning is from The Rangers TV though).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yB5O_0wRGOw

The difference between the commentary for a Hibs goal and a The Rangers goal is night and day.

The "go on Jamie" at the end isn't a reference to Jamie McLaren. Also had to laugh at them wanting McGregor booked, comparing it to Holt's yellow card before.

Stuart93
20-12-2019, 06:18 PM
I’d like to see slivka back in for Mallan

Keith_M
20-12-2019, 08:02 PM
Oh dear.

Ahm away hame

HH81
20-12-2019, 08:05 PM
Oh dear.

Ahm away hame

You have seriously left the game at under 20 minutes?

Weegreenman
20-12-2019, 08:23 PM
Bottled it.

Keith_M
20-12-2019, 08:27 PM
You have seriously left the game at under 20 minutes?

No yet

😋