PDA

View Full Version : La Liga fixtures

Frazerbob
15-12-2019, 10:00 PM
Just booked a trip to Barcelona for myself and step son in February. Planning to take in Barca v Getafe with possibly another game with Real Madrid & Valencia both at home.
Anyone know when the fixtures days & times get confirmed? They’re all still showing as TBC.

EDIT: No idea why FIXtures has been censored!

Callum7
15-12-2019, 10:28 PM
Just booked a trip to Barcelona for myself and step son in February. Planning to take in Barca v Getafe with possibly another game with Real Madrid & Valencia both at home.
Anyone know when the fixtures days & times get confirmed? They’re all still showing as TBC.

When I booked a Barcelona game it said TBC. The date and time is liable to change due to TV, luckily it didn’t change for me. You can either book the tickets now and take the risk or wait till closer to the time when the ticket prices will increase.

Frazerbob
15-12-2019, 10:34 PM
When I booked a Barcelona game it said TBC. The date and time is liable to change due to TV, luckily it didn’t change for me. You can either book the tickets now and take the risk or wait till closer to the time when the ticket prices will increase.

Thanks Callum. All the fixtures are spread over Fri, Sat & Sun with staggered KO times so they can all be shown on Zitelli. I’m trying to find out when the tv confirms the times and day. I’m hoping to manage two of the games but will definitely do Barca.

JimBHibees
16-12-2019, 05:51 AM
Thanks Callum. All the fixtures are spread over Fri, Sat & Sun with staggered KO times so they can all be shown on Zitelli. I’m trying to find out when the tv confirms the times and day. I’m hoping to manage two of the games but will definitely do Barca.

Unfortunately think it can be as late as 2 to 3 weeks before. Was looking into going to Betis Barca in Seville but decided against. Would assume Barca would be either Saturday or Sunday. Are there any European or international dates round that time which might give you an idea of likely date of weekend game?

FilipinoHibs
16-12-2019, 09:02 AM
Unfortunately think it can be as late as 2 to 3 weeks before. Was looking into going to Betis Barca in Seville but decided against. Would assume Barca would be either Saturday or Sunday. Are there any European or international dates round that time which might give you an idea of likely date of weekend game?

Betis Vs Barca would be a cracking game Royalists/Francoists vs the Catalans.

Frazerbob
16-12-2019, 09:52 AM

Yeh Barca never get the Friday night so will be Sat or Sun. I’m gong out for the fixtures around Sat 16th Feb. There’s CL games the Tues and Wed after so likely Barca will be Sat. Hoping I can take in another game Sun.

JimBHibees
16-12-2019, 10:05 AM

Great green strip also. Was looking into a few months back and some of the flight prices were good however needed the game to stay Saturday and not really willing to gamble on it especially as wasn't certain to get ticket either.

Frazerbob
16-12-2019, 12:14 PM
With Liverpool being drawn to play Atheltico in Madrid on the Tuesday I’ve extended my stay. Wonder what the chances are of getting tickets for that!

The Baldmans Comb
16-12-2019, 12:30 PM

I was at a Betis match a few months ago and found the Betis fans to be hard, working class people from the slightly poorer areas of Seville.

Their Ultras were loud and noisy but didn't seem to have any political allegiances and the few Spanish flags on display were more than ountnumbered by Andalucian flags.

Going from the flags and unofficial scarves on sale from the street vendors outside they certainly don't like either of the Madrid sides.

Not for a minute saying you are wrong as I am not particularly knowledgeable of Spain and its football rivalries but it wasnt the impression I got.

The Baldmans Comb
16-12-2019, 12:36 PM
Great green strip also. Was looking into a few months back and some of the flight prices were good however needed the game to stay Saturday and not really willing to gamble on it especially as wasn't certain to get ticket either.

With Ryanair there is a way back from Seville to Lisbon then Lisbon to Edinburgh on the Monday morning (very early).

Maybe it was just a summer flight as not sure about winter schedules and Betis never sell out any game even v Seville as its a 60,000 stadium and I just picked up a ticket via their official website with no need to even pre register.