PDA

View Full Version : Marciano

we are hibs
15-12-2019, 04:00 PM
Bit early i know but any update on the injury yet? Bit of a blow that as he was having a good game. Hopefully not serious but if it is i hope Bogdan is in goals on Friday.

JimBHibees
15-12-2019, 04:08 PM
Bit early i know but any update on the injury yet? Bit of a blow that as he was having a good game. Hopefully not serious but if it is i hope Bogdan is in goals on Friday.

Agree with both points though Bogdan hasn't played much.

Since452
15-12-2019, 04:10 PM
Agree with both points though Bogdan hasn't played much.

Don't think that's too much of an issue for a keeper. He'll be playing in games every day in training

Blaster
15-12-2019, 04:11 PM
If Marciano injured for Friday then we must play Bogdan.

The 90+2
15-12-2019, 04:19 PM
If Marciano injured for Friday then we must play Bogdan.

Aye Maxwell is pretty humpty.

Since452
15-12-2019, 04:21 PM
I heard he punched Pat Fenlon in the face and told Billy Brown to **** off at HT

Eyrie
15-12-2019, 04:37 PM
I heard he punched Pat Fenlon in the face and told Billy Brown to **** off at HT

Then demanded a taxi to take him back to Edinburgh.

ben johnson
15-12-2019, 04:42 PM

I know somebody who used to tell Billy Brown to **** off pre , during and after the game
Eamonn Bannon as well.

Hibee Mac
15-12-2019, 06:25 PM
Maxwell needs punted he's guff.

Bring on the Bogdan

greenlex
15-12-2019, 06:29 PM
Maxwell is far from poor but I think Bogdan is the better keeper IMO. I actually think both are better than Marciano. It’s great we have good options.

Nicho87
15-12-2019, 06:38 PM
Bogdan must start Friday if Marciano can’t. Not going through Maxwell carry on again.

erin go bragh
15-12-2019, 07:57 PM
Jack Ross said it’s a calf injury. Hopefully he hasn’t done any serious damage as he didn’t play on with it .

MrRobot
15-12-2019, 08:35 PM
Maxwell is far from poor but I think Bogdan is the better keeper IMO. I actually think both are better than Marciano. It’s great we have good options.

no idea how you could possibly think maxwell is better than marciano.

bogdan for me.

SMAXXA
15-12-2019, 08:41 PM
Bogdan must start Friday if Marciano can’t. Not going through Maxwell carry on again.

What carry on is that? Don’t tell me he’s suddenly getting filed in the he’s pish category 🙈

I’d say there’s no chance of Bogdan starting Friday

Speedy
15-12-2019, 09:12 PM
Is there any news on Bogdan's progress/fitness yet?

Nicho87
15-12-2019, 09:40 PM
What carry on is that? Don’t tell me he’s suddenly getting filed in the he’s pish category 🙈

I’d say there’s no chance of Bogdan starting Friday

I’d personally say Maxwell has had enough games that I don’t think he is a stronger keeper than Bogdan or Marciano. Maxwell made an absolute stinker of the Ross county goal and dropped the ball in the league cup semi. Again. My opinion

FilipinoHibs
16-12-2019, 10:00 AM
Heard it was a cover for his poor kicking and distribution which was giving the ball back to Celtic. Also,defense had to play deep as he does not like to come off his line and not great with his feet. All bringing too much pressure on us. It will be same against Rangers so doubt he will start. Will be Maxwell. Bogdan although fit does not have top team match sharpness yet. Big difference between doing it in training and in a big match when you have been out for so long.

greenlex
16-12-2019, 10:01 AM
I’d personally say Maxwell has had enough games that I don’t think he is a stronger keeper than Bogdan or Marciano. Maxwell made an absolute stinker of the Ross county goal and dropped the ball in the league cup semi. Again. My opinion

Rocky has had his fair share of howlers as does most keepers. IMO Maxwell should not be filed under pish especially when you look at some of the keepers we have had. Bogdan for me has had far less mistakes than either.

Anthony Soprano
16-12-2019, 10:04 AM
No chance maxwell is better than marciano

Vault Boy
16-12-2019, 10:05 AM
Heard it was a cover for his poor kicking and distribution which was giving the ball back to Celtic. Also,defense had to play deep as he does not like to come off his line and not great with his feet. All bringing too much pressure on us. It will be same against Rangers so doubt he will start. Will be Maxwell. Bogdan although fit does not have top team match sharpness yet. Big difference between doing it in training and in a big match when you have been out for so long.

I think you've heard wrong

SMAXXA
16-12-2019, 10:58 AM
I think you've heard wrong

Agree but it’s a good conspiracy story to get the bed wetting started 😉, no manager in the world would sub a keeper at half time for that reason stated especially when he did well and pulled of a couple of decent saves first half

Allant1981
16-12-2019, 04:53 PM

So who did you hear this from?

FilipinoHibs
17-12-2019, 07:12 AM
Agree but it’s a good conspiracy story to get the bed wetting started 😉, no manager in the world would sub a keeper at half time for that reason stated especially when he did well and pulled of a couple of decent saves first half

Jock Stein in vital world cup qualifier did.

FilipinoHibs
17-12-2019, 07:13 AM
So who did you hear this from?

A source inside East Mains.

HFC93
17-12-2019, 07:16 AM

I've heard from an unnamed source in East Mains that this untrue.

mayo hibee
17-12-2019, 07:19 AM
Bogdan although fit does not have top team match sharpness yet. Big difference between doing it in training and in a big match when you have been out for so long.

Bogdan was actually quite poor in the first few games he played for Hibs the last time around, people were already starting to write him off but it turned out it was just a lack of match sharpness. That said, if that's used as a reason not to play him, how will he ever get the big match level sharpness back?

I think we need to stick Bogdan in and ideally get him on a longer term contract. Maxwell isn't our player while Marciano clearly fancies a move and is probably a bit overrated anyway.

FilipinoHibs
17-12-2019, 07:29 AM
deleted

Why? If you watched the game you could see the problems that were being caused by Marciano's kicking and distribution. He is a good shot stopper but poor in the other areas of goal keeping. Why would you not make a substitution to alleviate the pressure and push the back 4 forward. As I said Jock Stein did it in a world cup qualifier to good effect.

we are hibs
17-12-2019, 08:54 AM
Think match sharpness is of less importance to a goalkeeper than an outfield player.

Eaststand
17-12-2019, 09:10 AM
Why? If you watched the game you could see the problems that were being caused by Marciano's kicking and distribution. He is a good shot stopper but poor in the other areas of goal keeping. Why would you not make a substitution to alleviate the pressure and push the back 4 forward. As I said Jock Stein did it in a world cup qualifier to good effect.

I'm curious about which game this was you refer to.
Are you referring to the game down in Wales when Leighton and Roughie were switched?

If so, the switch was simply because Jim Leighton had lost a contact lens during the first half and was having trouble focusing due to that. Even worse Leighton didn't have any spare contact lenses with him.
Stein had no choice but to take Leighton off at halftime and bring Roughie on.
That's the facts mate, Stein had no no other reason for the switch, just those simple facts.

GGTTH

BILLYHIBS
17-12-2019, 10:20 AM
I'm curious about which game this was you refer to.
Are you referring to the game down in Wales when Leighton and Roughie were switched?

If so, the switch was simply because Jim Leighton had lost a contact lens during the first half and was having trouble focusing due to that. Even worse Leighton didn't have any spare contact lenses with him.
Stein had no choice but to take Leighton off at halftime and bring Roughie on.
That's the facts mate, Stein had no no other reason for the switch, just those simple facts.

GGTTH

Neither Alex Ferguson Jock Steins Assistant that night or Aberdeen team mate Gordon Strachan knew that Leighton wore contact lenses

I was behind the goals that night squashed into the Scotland end and when I saw Roughie coming out for the second half I started singing “Scotland’s No1” everyone thought I was off my heid

Scenes when Davey Cooper scored his equalising penalty Southall almost got to it only to be followed by sadness at the final whistle

ian cruise
17-12-2019, 10:24 AM

I'm curious, you said earlier this was told to you as a fact but what you have said above sounds like opinion and conjecture?

Eaststand
17-12-2019, 11:00 AM
Neither Alex Ferguson Jock Steins Assistant that night or Aberdeen team mate Gordon Strachan knew that Leighton wore contact lenses

I was behind the goals that night squashed into the Scotland end and when I saw Roughie coming out for the second half I started singing “Scotland’s No1” everyone thought I was off my heid

Scenes when Davey Cooper scored his equalising penalty Southall almost got to it only to be followed by sadness at the final whistle

I didn't go to the game down there Billy, but instead watched it in Alex Cropleys Bar.
We all knew big Jock had taken a bad turn during the game, but when the tragic news came through, nobody could believe such a giant of a man had sadly passed away, and I'm sure we would all have foregone the result to get Jock Stein back eh

GGTTH

BILLYHIBS
17-12-2019, 11:40 AM
I didn't go to the game down there Billy, but instead watched it in Alex Cropleys Bar.
We all knew big Jock had taken a bad turn during the game, but when the tragic news came through, nobody could believe such a giant of a man had sadly passed away, and I'm sure we would all have foregone the result to get Jock Stein back eh

GGTTH

:agree:

RIP

His memory goes marching on

“ John, you’re immortal now “ Bill Shankly

Allant1981
17-12-2019, 12:20 PM

Strange, was told from the wife of a senior player that this is not true

Did jack ross not also confirm he injured his calf? Probably from his rather atrocious kick outs

The Baldmans Comb
17-12-2019, 01:06 PM
Jock Stein in vital world cup qualifier did.

Which game was this. ?

As earlier stated if you thinking of Wales v Scotland then it was because Leighton lost a contact lens so Roughie had to deputise at half time.

Stein said to Alex Ferguson at half time "I never knew he wore contact lenses" to which Fergie who was Leighton's manager at the time as well as Steins assistant replied "Nor did *** I".

It was in one of Fergies many autobiographys and rather forgotten about given the tragic circumstsnces later to unfold.

Iggy Pope
17-12-2019, 02:54 PM

GGTTH

Me too! Was never out of there at the time....

Eaststand
17-12-2019, 03:05 PM
Me too! Was never out of there at the time....

Ha, you'll possibly be old and grey too then :-0
I remember the stunned silence in the pub when the news broke that big Jock Stein had died :-(
But as Billy has already said, gone but never forgotten eh

I lived just off Leith Walk and worked for LRT back then.
A few of us used to go into Alex's bar, but we were actually in the Nip and Hibs Club more often.
Wee Maudes Hawkhill Branch.

GGTTH

Iggy Pope
17-12-2019, 03:11 PM
Ha, you'll possibly be old and grey too then :-0

I lived just off Leith Walk and worked for LRT back then.
A few of us used to go into Alex's bar, but we were actually in the Nip and Hibs Club more often.
Wee Maudes Hawkhill Branch.

GGTTH

Same.........:greengrin
Juvenile member in ‘75 and that was me.
Cropleys was my domicile and I lived yards from it, but I frequented the Nip, The 4, Tamsons and Macs Bar a lot as well....

Heisenberg
17-12-2019, 03:14 PM

Same source that was telling you Stubbs was coming back?

Eaststand
17-12-2019, 03:23 PM
Cropleys was my domicile and I lived yards from it, but I frequented the Nip, The 4, Tamsons and Macs Bar a lot as well....

Ha, in 1985 I'd 27 years old so it was a full membership for me Iggy :-0
Isn't it strange how paths cross like this though eh.
Jack who managed the Nip was a good lad and that was a great bar too.
I remember Alex Cropleys pub erupting when Davie Cooper? scored the equaliser meaning we qualified for the World Cup (again) , but the day still ended very sadly

Ps, sorry to the OP for dragging this post off topic, and I'll say no more about it after this post, but it was massive for Scottish Football.

GGTTH

Iggy Pope
17-12-2019, 03:29 PM
Ha, in 1985 I'd 27 years old so it was a full membership for me Iggy. Isn't it strange how paths cross like this though eh.
Jack who managed the Nip was a good lad and that was a great bar too.
I remember Alex Cropleys pub erupting when Davie Cooper? scored the equaliser meaning we qualified for the World Cup (again) , but the day still ended very sadly

GGTTH

75 I said.... by ‘85 I was as 22 and had traversed Wales with the Hibs Club darts team, leaving Jack Grays Royal Nip on a Friday morning in a Minibus destined for Tredegar.... halcyon days.

Hiber-nation
17-12-2019, 03:32 PM

Small world! I lived up the road from Cropleys at 224 Easter Road from 84-89. Definitely my pub of choice in these days. Can't remember if we've had this conversation before though :greengrin

I wasn't there that night but I do remember being there for the Uruguay game in the World Cup.

What this has got to do with Marciano is anyone's guess :greengrin

Eaststand
17-12-2019, 03:35 PM
75 I said.... by ‘85 I was as 22 and had traversed Wales with the Hibs Club darts team, leaving Jack Grays Royal Nip on a Friday morning in a Minibus destined for Tredegar.... halcyon days.

Ooops sorry, I misread your dates.
That Welsh trip sounds like a good weekend Iggy. Aye there certainly were some cracking carefree times with the lads back in the 70s /80s

GGTTH

Iggy Pope
17-12-2019, 04:00 PM
Small world! I lived up the road from Cropleys at 224 Easter Road from 84-89. Definitely my pub of choice in these days. Can't remember if we've had this conversation before though :greengrin

I wasn't there that night but I do remember being there for the Uruguay game in the World Cup.

What this has got to do with Marciano is anyone's guess :greengrin

I lived at 260 ..J my friend, we might have had this discussion. Loved that block of streets and still do.

As I’ve said on previous threads... Rocky couldnae kick ***** off a dyke!

TimeForHeroes16
18-12-2019, 10:13 AM
Conrad Logan was match sharp enough

CathroMustStay
20-12-2019, 06:51 PM
Holy eff what was that Rocky...

Weegreenman
20-12-2019, 07:18 PM
No coming back from this for Rocky I’m afraid.

eastcoasthibby
20-12-2019, 07:34 PM
Marciano gift for the first ..how much time and how casual was that from Marciano .. absolute joke of a gift to them chasing shadows thereafter ...

Shrekko
20-12-2019, 07:40 PM
No matter how many great stops he makes you just can’t trust him, it’s as simple as that.

How folk can say he’s our best goalie by far etc etc I’ve no idea. He’s terrible on crosses as well.

It’s the casualness that’s kills me - at least Jim Leighton seemed to know his limitations with the ball at his feet and tried to kick quickly.

delbert
20-12-2019, 07:41 PM
No coming back from this for Rocky I’m afraid.

He looks like he is trying to work his ticket - he may just be succeeding !!

roo62
20-12-2019, 07:41 PM
Typical Rocky again... Absolute car crash of a football playing goalkeeper. For me it should be his last game Get shot in the Jan window and get Bogdan in for the rest of the season.

Waxy
20-12-2019, 08:15 PM
No matter how many great stops he makes you just can’t trust him, it’s as simple as that.

How folk can say he’s our best goalie by far etc etc I’ve no idea. He’s terrible on crosses as well.

It’s the casualness that’s kills me - at least Jim Leighton seemed to know his limitations with the ball at his feet and tried to kick quickly.

Bandy bandy lol. Remember we used to give him that chant? He was great as a Hibby.

penihibs
20-12-2019, 08:18 PM
Typical Rocky again... Absolute car crash of a football playing goalkeeper. For me it should be his last game Get shot in the Jan window and get Bogdan in for the rest of the season.

Here Here!!

Frazerbob
20-12-2019, 08:23 PM
Maxwell was dropped after one real mistake. A dangerous precedent.

jockspanner
20-12-2019, 08:24 PM
Here Here!!
Ever since he has been with us I have been saying to anyone one who wanted to listen that one day that was going to happen, he slays let’s the player get to close on his kick outs. Hopefully he learns from it.

1875Sean
20-12-2019, 08:24 PM

Pretty sure he had more than one mistake

Frazerbob
20-12-2019, 08:29 PM

Only one real blunder I can recall. Feel free to jog my memory though.

supermcginn
20-12-2019, 08:39 PM
Never rated him. A half fit Bogdan is streets ahead.

1875Sean
20-12-2019, 08:46 PM
Only one real blunder I can recall. Feel free to jog my memory though.

You thinking of the error against Celtic in the semi or the one against Ross county?

Despite the errors you could see the back 4 are not confident around him

Frazerbob
20-12-2019, 08:49 PM
You thinking of the error against Celtic in the semi or the one against Ross county?

Despite the errors you could see the back 4 are not confident around him

Ross County, which was much less of a blunder than tonight. Forgot about the Celtic one TBF.. We’ve conceded less goals per game with Maxwell in goal.

Waxy
20-12-2019, 09:00 PM
I think every goalie has a howler now and again in the modern game.
Fitter players now press quicker and mistakes will happen to even the very best.

penihibs
20-12-2019, 09:04 PM
Fitter players now press quicker and mistakes will happen to even the very best.

C'mon he does it regularly,time to try Bogdan surely?

Mr Grieves
20-12-2019, 09:06 PM
I think Marciano is our best keeper but that was disgraceful tonight, needs to be replaced by Bogdan for the Derby.

SChibs
20-12-2019, 09:10 PM
His kicking has always been bad and we concede possession regularly from his poor kick outs. Only a matter of time before it led directly to a goal

Allant1981
20-12-2019, 09:11 PM
His kicking was horrendous all game, the kick out for the goal was terrible

Scottie
20-12-2019, 09:15 PM
That was inexcusable tonight. Had enough time to have a piece and a cuppa before he got caught. He's a liability.

truehibernian
20-12-2019, 09:16 PM
I think Marciano is our best keeper but that was disgraceful tonight, needs to be replaced by Bogdan for the Derby.

Bogdan is miles ahead of him. I'd be seriously questioning Combe as well - Rocky has consistently been poor when ball is at feet and his distribution is awful - more often than not when under no pressure. That can be coached into a goalkeeper. Rocky is a good shot stopper, makes himself big, but way way too casual when he has to kick under no pressure. His kicking invites pressure and he is guilty this year and last of conceding goals. Hasn't looked happy either, which may be because moves away were blocked.

Tonight however, as well as RM, the midfield were over ran and never pressed - that alone is scandalous at this level of football. You need to work hard, press hard, and close down - or you get punished by any side, not just The Rangers. Sick of watching Mallan let games and players pass him by and not tracking runners. He causes as many goals conceded as anyone.

Danderhall Hibs
20-12-2019, 09:20 PM
Ross County, which was much less of a blunder than tonight. Forgot about the Celtic one TBF.. We’ve conceded less goals per game with Maxwell in goal.

Mind folk giving it all the “Rocky saves that” chat anytime we let a goal in when Maxwell played while digging out stats about “expected saves” or some nonsense. He might make great saves for the camera but I think I’d rather he managed the basics.

Onion
20-12-2019, 09:22 PM
Make a mistake like that against Huns or Celtic and it's game over after 2 mins.

Hermit Crab
20-12-2019, 09:26 PM
Shocking keeping for the first and the 3rd he was beaten far too easily at his near post. He just watched it roll past him and never even moved. Get him to ****. He can’t play on Thursday. We will lose a barrow load. Get Bogdan in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stuart93
20-12-2019, 09:28 PM
I’d put Bogdan in

The 90+2
20-12-2019, 09:29 PM
Shocking keeping for the first and the 3rd he was beaten far too easily at his near post. He just watched it roll past him and never even moved. Get him to ****. He can’t play on Thursday. We will lose a barrow load. Get Bogdan in.

How on earth are hearts going to score a barrowload? 😂😂😂

Allant1981

Sorry but the 3rd didnt just roll past him,it was skelped from about 6 yards out,not a chance he was getting down to it

The 90+2
I’d put Bogdan in

Me too, hopefully him on the bench tonight was an indication he’s near fitness.

Hermit Crab
20-12-2019, 09:30 PM
Sorry but the 3rd didnt just roll past him,it was skelped from about 6 yards out,not a chance he was getting down to it

That’s even worse. Beaten at his near post from
6 yds. Horrendous.

penihibs
20-12-2019, 09:31 PM
His kicking was horrendous all game, the kick out for the goal was terrible

His kicking has always been horrendous!!!

BILLYHIBS
20-12-2019, 09:31 PM
Sick saying it on here about Rocky

Cannae kick a ba

Get beats too easy near post

Loves a save for the cameras

Sells the jerseys

Get him out of our club

Bogdan in!

Allant1981
20-12-2019, 09:32 PM
That’s even worse. Beaten at his near post from
6 yds. Horrendous.

Aye ok

SMAXXA
20-12-2019, 09:33 PM
Made the most mistakes of our goalies this season fact, can’t kick for ****s and as much as I like him I’d he happy to see him sold in January and make Bogdan our number 1 with Maxwell back up. To think the clamber from folk to get him back in the sticks, been back 5 mins and is chucking them in, no sentiment it’s indefensible

Shrekko
20-12-2019, 09:51 PM
We definitely have a good ratio of fans who are seduced by the odd moment of brilliance when it comes to rating players.

To be fair - Rocky had a great last 15 or so games last season but he is just an accident waiting to happen.

Bogdan is better at pretty much every aspect of goalkeeping with ‘shot stopping’ being the only one where it’s close. For a team with reasonably high ambitions we need a solid keeper- like Aberdeen do.

Smartie
20-12-2019, 10:06 PM
I thought he deserved to get his place back, mainly because he came back into the side and did so well last season and I thought the same would happen.

He sold the jerseys tonight. It was totally unacceptable and inexcusable in a game where the first goal was always going to be huge and there was going to be no margin for error.

Zibi is a joke figure, he was error prone but tended to make his mistakes in big games, especially derbies. Rocky’s mistakes are mounting up and whilst he does make good saves, I’m losing confidence in him.

I also get the feeling he thinks he’s above us, a feeling I never got from Bogdan who was on the books of one of the world’s biggest clubs when he was with us last.

MrRobot
20-12-2019, 10:07 PM
I’d put Bogdan in

Same. Best keeper we have.

Nicho87
20-12-2019, 10:10 PM
Bogdan to start on Boxing Day. Marciano not interested.

hhibs
20-12-2019, 10:10 PM
Same. Best keeper we have.

Yep,but let us hope he is match fit as we need him in right now.

SideBurns
20-12-2019, 10:12 PM
Get Bogdan in, otherwise what was the point of signing him?

Brooster
20-12-2019, 10:13 PM
Time for him to go. Costs us too many goals.

FilipinoHibs
20-12-2019, 10:14 PM

I think inky the miss punch for the Ross County goal. Some people have claimed some of the goals that cane from our poor defending but I think he had no chance. Teams obviously use video analysis to look at how poor Rocky is with the ball at his feet and press very hard when we have the ball deep in our half. They must work on his clearing skills in training but he does not have much ability in that area to build on.

The 90+2
20-12-2019, 10:15 PM

Said it before, it’s like he’s modelled his sweeper keeper role by studying videos of Ryan McGivern.

GreenCastle
20-12-2019, 10:17 PM
I’ve liked Marciano and he’s pulled off some great saves in games but his head doesn’t seem in it. Being dropped knocked him and I think we should just cash in before it’s too late. I give him and his family massive credit for taking to Hibs but Bogdan is the best all round keeper of the 3.

Maxwell is using as a shop window.
Marciano wants to move to warmer climates with his child / wife.

Shrekko
20-12-2019, 10:18 PM
Aye ok

Surely you agree that he has lost way too many at the near post?

BILLYHIBS
20-12-2019, 10:19 PM

Played 8 in the League lost 18

Next!

Hiber-nation
20-12-2019, 10:22 PM
You'd think he'd have learned his lesson by now, I remember Grant Holt going ballistic at him for dwelling on the ball.

greenlex
20-12-2019, 10:28 PM
no idea how you could possibly think maxwell is better than marciano.

bogdan for me.
:dunno:

Heckys Wheel
20-12-2019, 11:20 PM
Mind folk giving it all the “Rocky saves that” chat anytime we let a goal in when Maxwell played while digging out stats about “expected saves” or some nonsense. He might make great saves for the camera but I think I’d rather he managed the basics.

Marciano got better with every game he didn’t play.

He was chucking them in at the start of the season and his kicking was equally as bad. He was dropped because of it.

Bogdan now being heralded as the second coming as well.

Lex7zero
20-12-2019, 11:25 PM

Maxwell is ***** it’s between rocky and Bogdan and after tonight yep time for Bogdan

BILLYHIBS
20-12-2019, 11:25 PM
You'd think he'd have learned his lesson by now, I remember Grant Holt going ballistic at him for dwelling on the ball.

Begs the question what has Alan Combe been doing all this time?

:dunno:

Allant1981
21-12-2019, 07:03 AM
Surely you agree that he has lost way too many at the near post?

That has nothing to do with what he said though, he claims he should have saved the 3rd gol, not a chance he was getting down that quick to it

Hermit Crab
21-12-2019, 07:10 AM
That has nothing to do with what he said though, he claims he should have saved the 3rd gol, not a chance he was getting down that quick to it

Watch it again. All he has to do is stick his right leg out. Shocking keeping, he just stands there.

GaryOsCheerios
21-12-2019, 07:27 AM
The way I see it, none of our keepers are perfect. If they were they wouldnt be at Hibs!

Having said that, he was far too slow. You could see what was going to happen as soon as Lewis shaped to pass it back to him.

Allant1981
21-12-2019, 07:27 AM
Watch it again. All he has to do is stick his right leg out. Shocking keeping, he just stands there.

Theres not a chance he is getting it, havent seen anyone except you claim he should have saved the 3rd, it went in like a rocket, theres no chance he was saving the 3rd, you must have some reflexes if you think that was saveable from that distance

hibbysam
21-12-2019, 07:32 AM
I actually thought his kicking was good tonight, apart from one near the end, and the obvious one at the start. Having said that I also would rather after two minutes Stevenson just put the ball out for a throw in, instead of popping it back onto Marciano’s weak foot. Massive mistake though as he should’ve swung his left foot at it and worried about where it went later, to take the touch was asking for bother. He then went onto make 3/4 very good stops and take two crosses to keep the score as it was.

I look at the other end of the park, Alan McGregor can’t kick the ball, punted it out the park 4/5 times and along the ground another 3/4 times, chucks one in every now and again, but people focus on his top class saves rather than his deficiencies.

Hermit Crab
21-12-2019, 07:45 AM
Theres not a chance he is getting it, havent seen anyone except you claim he should have saved the 3rd, it went in like a rocket, theres no chance he was saving the 3rd, you must have some reflexes if you think that was saveable from that distance

We're never going to agree on this I'm afraid.

Allant1981
21-12-2019, 08:02 AM
We're never going to agree on this I'm afraid.

Looks like it!!

Sammy7nil
21-12-2019, 08:03 AM
I actually thought his kicking was good tonight, apart from one near the end, and the obvious one at the start. Having said that I also would rather after two minutes Stevenson just put the ball out for a throw in, instead of popping it back onto Marciano’s weak foot. Massive mistake though as he should’ve swung his left foot at it and worried about where it went later, to take the touch was asking for bother. He then went onto make 3/4 very good stops and take two crosses to keep the score as it was.

I look at the other end of the park, Alan McGregor can’t kick the ball, punted it out the park 4/5 times and along the ground another 3/4 times, chucks one in every now and again, but people focus on his top class saves rather than his deficiencies.

There is no comparison between McGregor and Rocky I don't like him but McGregor has proved himself at a much higher level over 15 years

hibbysam
21-12-2019, 08:08 AM
There is no comparison between McGregor and Rocky I don't like him but McGregor has proved himself at a much higher level over 15 years

There really is. They both make top quality saves often, they both throw goals in and have down countless times over their career, neither are great with the ball at their feet. Our fans concentrate on the last two, rangers fans focus on the first one with McGregor.

Smartie
21-12-2019, 08:09 AM

McGregor didn’t make a fatal mistake after 3 minutes, heaping the pressure onto his own team, so whilst his performance may well have been imperfect, it didn’t cost his team the game. That’s why he’s not getting more criticism for minor errors - the context of his more minor errors isn’t a match losing performance.

hibbysam
21-12-2019, 08:13 AM
McGregor didn’t make a fatal mistake after 3 minutes, heaping the pressure onto his own team, so whilst his performance may well have been imperfect, it didn’t cost his team the game. That’s why he’s not getting more criticism for minor errors - the context of his more minor errors isn’t a match losing performance.

I’m not talking about last night with McGregor, apart from his kicking as that was suspect as it always is. He’s had high profile errors throughout his career that are forgotten about instantly as his saves are focussed on. We didn’t get near his goal enough for him to make mistakes or big saves last night.

we are hibs
For me it and always has been

Bogdan > marciano > maxwell.

I only wanted him to remain in goals because he had done well at celtic park when he was on.

Bodgan should be in nets at tynecastle

SMAXXA
There really is. They both make top quality saves often, they both throw goals in and have down countless times over their career, neither are great with the ball at their feet. Our fans concentrate on the last two, rangers fans focus on the first one with McGregor.

I don’t think Mcgregor makes as many errors as Marciano and as much as I can’t stand him he would have saved us losing as many goals as Marciano has cost us this season.

SMAXXA
21-12-2019, 08:15 AM

I am torn as can see where HC is coming from. Was his positioning right, yes it went in at pace but he could at least have made an effort to get something to it by sticking a leg out, not saying he would have saved it but at the time and seeing the replay after I thought he should have had better reactions.

Smartie
21-12-2019, 08:17 AM
I’m not talking about last night with McGregor, apart from his kicking as that was suspect as it always is. He’s had high profile errors throughout his career that are forgotten about instantly as his saves are focussed on. We didn’t get near his goal enough for him to make mistakes or big saves last night.

Rocky makes far more mistakes than McGregor.

They are mounting in number to a concerning level.

Yes, he makes the odd great save but I’m not convinced his head is where it needs to be.

As much as he’s a total erse, McGregor has been a top keeper for years and is still excellent.

Allant1981
21-12-2019, 08:18 AM
I am torn as can see where HC is coming from. Was his positioning right, yes it went in at pace but he could at least have made an effort to get something to it by sticking a leg out, not saying he would have saved it but at the time and seeing the replay after I thought he should have had better reactions.

It went in off the post at a rate of knots from about 6 yards, dont know why it cant just be accepted as bad defending and a cracking finish.

Hermit Crab
21-12-2019, 08:26 AM
It went in off the post at a rate of knots from about 6 yards, dont know why it cant just be accepted as bad defending and a cracking finish.

And poor goalkeeping.

J-C
21-12-2019, 08:30 AM
As soon as he spoke of wanting to go to a bigger club in the summer, we should have got shot, Bogdan wanted to come back, money was not a problem.

Allant1981
21-12-2019, 08:31 AM
And poor goalkeeping.

If you say so

FilipinoHibs
21-12-2019, 08:39 AM
Tight pitch Rocky will have even less time. But agree to switch again puts goalie under pressure. Bogdan not sharp yet. Big decision. I would go with Maxwell for kicking, good with ball at feet, distributes quickly and good at coming for crosses - know he had a mistake at Ross County. Good communicator and motivator.

greenpaper55
21-12-2019, 09:04 AM
What got me last night was after the howler Rocky never even looked bothered, his attitude is all wrong.

hibbysam
21-12-2019, 09:25 AM
What got me last night was after the howler Rocky never even looked bothered, his attitude is all wrong.

You think? My first reaction was to watch him and he seemed suitably embarrassed and went out to try and gee the rest of the players up during the celebrations.

rotherhamrob
21-12-2019, 09:31 AM
Never got the love in from some on here for him.
Yes he makes the occasional superb save but he's just as liable to make a pigs ear of something simple.
I'd be bringing Bogdan in now and giving him a contract as I think he's a better all round keeper.

Hermit Crab
21-12-2019, 09:31 AM
You think? My first reaction was to watch him and he seemed suitably embarrassed and went out to try and gee the rest of the players up during the celebrations.

With a bit more effort he could have stopped Kents shot imo.

DTS
21-12-2019, 09:33 AM
Marciano’s biggest mistake for the first goal was the lack of urgency to get back between the posts, pathetic

Since452
21-12-2019, 09:34 AM
This is why he got dropped in the first place. This season and last. When he's poor he's very poor

WillowbraeHibby
21-12-2019, 09:36 AM
Bogdan to start on Boxing Day. Marciano not interested.

It's looking that way.. He really didn't look up for it last night.. Or maybe it's just how I viewed him. Time for Bogdan to have a wee shot in goal.

Danderhall Hibs
21-12-2019, 09:42 AM

I thought that at the time - not seen it back yet but he seemed to stand and watch.

hibbysam
21-12-2019, 09:42 AM

Apologies, I thought it was meant his reaction after the goal, I never watched him between losing the ball and the goal, so no idea what chance he had to get back in.

Deansy
21-12-2019, 09:45 AM
Marciano’s biggest mistake for the first goal was the lack of urgency to get back between the posts, pathetic

THIS - was what infuriated me more than him just costing us a stupid goal, no urgency whatsoever to try and get back to atone for his howler !. Get rid - team's poor enough without having players who clearly can't be arsed busting a gut for us !

Hermit Crab
21-12-2019, 09:46 AM
Apologies, I thought it was meant his reaction after the goal, I never watched him between losing the ball and the goal, so no idea what chance he had to get back in.

He definitely could have got there imo, didn't look a bit bothered. It was as if he thought Kent would blaze it wildly over the bar...

Keith_M
21-12-2019, 09:56 AM
The way I see it, none of our keepers are perfect. If they were they wouldnt be at Hibs!

Having said that, he was far too slow. You could see what was going to happen as soon as Lewis shaped to pass it back to him.

The way he dealt with it was horrendous but Lewis shares a lot of the blame for it by passing it back to him in the first place.

The box was surrounded by Hun players, what a stupid decision to pass it to the GK.

SMAXXA
21-12-2019, 09:58 AM
The way he dealt with it was horrendous but Lewis shares a lot of the blame for it by passing it back to him in the first place.

The box was surrounded by Hun players, what a stupid decision to pass it to the GK.

I don’t agree he’s a professional footballer and an international keeper he had ample time to switch it onto his right or empty with the left first time. Making excuses for him imo

Hermit Crab
21-12-2019, 09:59 AM

He only knows to go backwards.

Hibiza
21-12-2019, 09:59 AM
Bogdan back.

hibee_girl
21-12-2019, 10:05 AM

I don’t think Stevenson can share any of the blame tbh, he’s expecting his goalkeeper to be able to deal with it easily.

Keith_M
21-12-2019, 10:09 AM
I don’t agree he’s a professional footballer and an international keeper he had ample time to switch it onto his right or empty with the left first time. Making excuses for him imo

Making excuses? Did you actually read my comment?

The way he dealt with it was horrendous ..........

Keith_M
21-12-2019, 10:11 AM
I don’t think Stevenson can share any of the blame tbh, he’s expecting his goalkeeper to be able to deal with it easily.

Normally, yes, but in this instance there were too many Rangers players around the box and there were other safer options, like punting it up the pitch, or even just putting it out for throw in.

Smartie
21-12-2019, 10:14 AM

Stevenson had a torrid time last night but he cannot remotely be blamed for the decision to pass, or the execution.

That goal is 100% on Rocky, nobody else.

DaveF
21-12-2019, 10:15 AM

Nonsense. If Marciano can't be trusted with a pass like that then he needs to find a new career. Trying to lay blame at Stevenson is a joke.

Allant1981
21-12-2019, 10:18 AM
Normally, yes, but in this instance there were too many Rangers players around the box and there were other safer options, like punting it up the pitch, or even just putting it out for throw in.

the rangers player was about 15 yards away when he took his first touch, a touch he didnt need to take, all he had to do was kick it away first time, Playing it back was the safe option and the ball should have been up the other end of the park

Weegreenman
21-12-2019, 10:21 AM
Sick saying it on here about Rocky

Cannae kick a ba

Get beats too easy near post

Loves a save for the cameras

Sells the jerseys

Get him out of our club

Bogdan in!

You forgot to say that he thinks he’s better than he actually is. Always rattling on about getting a move away to a bigger club.

Since452
21-12-2019, 10:22 AM
Threw the game last night. Genuinely rather have Maxwell in goals. At least he looks interested

Sammy7nil
21-12-2019, 10:24 AM

Sorry that is rubbish Rocky had more than enough time to clear the ball he simply showed no urgency and was far too casual.

hibee_girl
21-12-2019, 10:24 AM
Stevenson had a torrid time last night but he cannot remotely be blamed for the decision to pass, or the execution.

That goal is 100% on Rocky, nobody else.

hibee-boys
21-12-2019, 10:31 AM
For a goalkeeper known for being very limited with ball at feet his first thought in that situation should have been to launch it down the park, which he had plenty time to do. But no, he decided to practice his dribbling skills! Great at trying to make run of the mill saves look hard, not much great at anything else.

Brightside
21-12-2019, 10:34 AM

Deary me.

Centre Hawf
21-12-2019, 10:34 AM
Rocky has pulled off some unreal saves in his Hibs career. Sadly it seemed they only happen when he has a solid number 2 waiting to take his place. Recently though it's looked like he has had next to no interest in being at Hibs beyond the January window. If that's the case then fine just get Bogdan signed up longer and get him between the sticks for the rest of the season. Last night was a brain fart moment but it doesn't help shake my opinion that the guy's head isn't here.

The Modfather
21-12-2019, 10:40 AM
While I think Bogdan should now be given the chance to make the number 1 spot his, which I think he will do and is our best all round goalkeeper.

I would however be wary of throwing him in at Tynecastle. When was his last game? When he first signed his first few games in Europe he looked like he’d never played in goals before, then a few games in the rustiness went and he showed what a good goalkeeper he is. Not sure I’d want Tynecastle to be the place he begins to work of his rustiness.

Hermit Crab
21-12-2019, 10:43 AM
Deary me.

Here we go, Our defences biggest fan. How many goals/games will he have to lose before you admit the defence is not good enough?

Baldy Foghorn
21-12-2019, 11:00 AM

He could have kicked it first time without the need to take a touch

hibbysam
21-12-2019, 11:03 AM
He could have kicked it first time without the need to take a touch

I agree with this totally, however it’s a simple rule of defending that you don’t play a back pass to a keepers weak foot, especially 2 minutes into a game. Although I wouldn’t blame Lewis for the goal. Rocky should deal with it better, simple as that, but Lewis must use his head better, he gave Mallan a horror pass not long after, who then proceeded to punt the ball across the 18 yard line because of it.

Smartie
21-12-2019, 11:09 AM
While I think Bogdan should now be given the chance to make the number 1 spot his, which I think he will do and is our best all round goalkeeper.

I would however be wary of throwing him in at Tynecastle. When was his last game? When he first signed his first few games in Europe he looked like he’d never played in goals before, then a few games in the rustiness went and he showed what a good goalkeeper he is. Not sure I’d want Tynecastle to be the place he begins to work of his rustiness.

That’s where I am.

The goalkeeping position is a problem one for Tynecastle and I’m not sure what I’d do. All 3 keepers have their pros and cons.

Bogdan is the medium to long term solution (even though he’s getting on a bit, he’s a great age for a goalkeeper) and we need to get him on a decent contract and into the team ASAP. Not sure whether or not Thursday is too soon.

cmcd
21-12-2019, 11:19 AM
Why blame Stevenson No options going forward so passes back to the keeper who had plenty time to get rid of the ball but made a mess of it .Only one person to blame and that's the keeper

Hermit Crab
21-12-2019, 11:40 AM
Why blame Stevenson No options going forward so passes back to the keeper who had plenty time to get rid of the ball but made a mess of it .Only one person to blame and that's the keeper

Not blaming him. He could have put it out for a throw though, give the team a chance to regroup. Cant score from row Z.

BILLYHIBS
21-12-2019, 11:56 AM
You forgot to say that he thinks he’s better than he actually is. Always rattling on about getting a move away to a bigger club.

:bye:

jellybean
21-12-2019, 12:01 PM
Last night gave me horrible horrible memories of Zibi.............

Beefster
21-12-2019, 12:06 PM
I’m a bit fan of Marciano but the first goal was 100% his fault. Stevenson was pish last night but the pass to Marciano was totally fine.

To be fair, I think Marciano’s time is up at Hibs. He’s getting more inconsistent and I’m not sure he really wants to be here any more. Just hope we can keep Bogdan and don’t end up with the likes of Maxwell.

Brightside
21-12-2019, 12:28 PM
Here we go, Our defences biggest fan. How many goals/games will he have to lose before you admit the defence is not good enough?

When stevenson doesn't have a pass on forward he will go sideways or back. Thats football.... it doesn't always go forward. You revel in Hibs having bad games. You'd be replacing the whole team every week!

Hermit Crab
21-12-2019, 12:36 PM
When stevenson doesn't have a pass on forward he will go sideways or back. Thats football.... it doesn't always go forward. You revel in Hibs having bad games. You'd be replacing the whole team every week!

You completely avoided the question.

J-C
21-12-2019, 12:38 PM

Almost every time Stevenson got the ball he looked forward to see statues standing and no one showing for the ball, all he could do was pass either sideways or backwards. Perfect example was a throw in during the 1st half, it took him an age to take it while players all stood there with zero movement, the East stand were shouting at the players for some movement, eventually he took a high throw in which Flo lost and possession back to Rangers.

Brightside
21-12-2019, 12:38 PM
Almost every time Stevenson got the ball he looked forward to see statues standing and no one showing for the ball, all he could do was pass either sideways or backwards. Perfect example was a throw in during the 1st half, it took him an age to take it while players all stood there with zero movement, the East stand were shouting at the players for some movement, eventually he took a high throw in which Flo lost and possession back to Rangers.

Exactly.

Brightside
21-12-2019, 12:42 PM
You completely avoided the question.

Coz its a stupid qn. You are trying to quantify how poor the defence are based on goals conceded. Football is played by all 11 players. All 11 players need to defend. The Midfield and Forwards provided no help at all last night. Replacing the whole defence would have made no difference last night.

Smartie
21-12-2019, 12:46 PM

The diamond has its strengths but it is currently hanging Lewis out to dry.

I think we’re missing Newell actually, he plays that position well, knowing when to attack, when to defend, when to go wide and when to drift inside.

Not sure it was ever going to work against that Rangers team though.

tamig
21-12-2019, 01:16 PM

Record number of shutouts for the ScotRail first eleven don’t you know.

Allant1981
21-12-2019, 01:26 PM
Record number of shutouts for the ScotRail first eleven don’t you know.

😁

MWHIBBIES
21-12-2019, 01:31 PM
6 pages discussing this. He had a stinker, it was purely his fault and he'll know it. Still a really good goalie who has saved us many many more than he's cost us.

hibeerealist
21-12-2019, 02:27 PM
For a goalkeeper known for being very limited with ball at feet his first thought in that situation should have been to launch it down the park, which he had plenty time to do. But no, he decided to practice his dribbling skills! Great at trying to make run of the mill saves look hard, not much great at anything else.

Sums it up :agree:

hibbysam
21-12-2019, 02:28 PM

Not true at all. Every time he was passed the ball his first touch automatically goes 10 yards back so his only option is a pass to Hanlon. When it came to throw ins it always needs to be safe for him to throw it, he doesn’t trust people to take the ball under pressure.

hibeerealist
21-12-2019, 02:45 PM

Sums it up :agree:

BILLYHIBS
21-12-2019, 03:00 PM
I am sorry but I am done with Rocky

If he is playing I won’t be going

What is the point?

Give the jersey to someone that gives a f##k!

Hermit Crab
21-12-2019, 07:49 PM

What is the point?

You're not going to go to the derby if Marciano is playing? Strange behaviour. Thats up there with I won't give Hearts the money excuse!

BILLYHIBS
21-12-2019, 09:20 PM
You're not going to go to the derby if Marciano is playing? Strange behaviour. Thats up there with I won't give Hearts the money excuse!

TBH I used to go to Hearts one week HIBS the next but was always a Hibby

I have never been back to Tiny since Wallet Mercenary tried his abortive takeover I won’t give Hearts my money ( apart from semis).

I have never been a fan of Rocky he could never do the basics well even although he was capable of brilliant instinctive saves but poor at decision making and distribution for an international goalkeeper

I went to the game on Friday and my mate asked me how the game was going to go I said mark my words Rocky will make a mistake from a kick out and sell the jerseys

It lasted 3 minutes ????

You said it yourself did not look interested and made no attempt for the third

If Rocky cannae be bothered I cannae be bothered

Simples

Beefster
22-12-2019, 08:04 AM

What is the point?

It’s going to be a bit inconvenient to wait until an hour before kickoff to decide whether you’re attending or not, no?

What happens for sellouts? Just not going to go in case Marciano is playing or are you going to buy a ticket just in case?

Allant1981
22-12-2019, 08:17 AM

I have never been back to Tiny since Wallet Mercenary tried his abortive takeover I won’t give Hearts my money ( apart from semis).

I have never been a fan of Rocky he could never do the basics well even although he was capable of brilliant instinctive saves but poor at decision making and distribution for an international goalkeeper

I went to the game on Friday and my mate asked me how the game was going to go I said mark my words Rocky will make a mistake from a kick out and sell the jerseys

It lasted 3 minutes ????

Simples

I'll take your ticket!

Robbo6-2
22-12-2019, 08:18 AM
My impression of Marciano couldn't careless for Hibs and thinks he is bigger than the club.

His attitude in the half time warm ups recently, wandering about with his hands in his pockets have been terrible. Makes me wonder what hes like in training. Press releases when away with Israel. Hes been trying to engineer a move for months.

Hes definitely better than Maxwell but i think Bogdan is the better goalie. Marciano is prone to a few howlers where as Bogdan never let us down.

If we could get some cash for him in January i would be delighted

SquashedFrogg
22-12-2019, 08:24 AM

It lasted 3 minutes ????

Simples

Bizarre approach. If we all stopped going because of players mistakes, ER would be empty. Each to their own I guess but I'll stick to supporting my team.

Sammy7nil
22-12-2019, 08:29 AM

What is the point?

It lasted 3 minutes ????

Simples

In short you are not going :greengrin

BILLYHIBS
22-12-2019, 08:30 AM
My impression of Marciano couldn't careless for Hibs and thinks he is bigger than the club.

His attitude in the half time warm ups recently, wandering about with his hands in his pockets have been terrible. Makes me wonder what hes like in training. Press releases when away with Israel. Hes been trying to engineer a move for months.

Hes definitely better than Maxwell but i think Bogdan is the better goalie. Marciano is prone to a few howlers where as Bogdan never let us down.

If we could get some cash for him in January i would be delighted

Pretty much this.

Weegreenman
22-12-2019, 08:43 AM
Last night gave me horrible horrible memories of Zibi.............

Please don’t even go there! 🤮

gaz1875
22-12-2019, 01:07 PM
Not true at all. Every time he was passed the ball his first touch automatically goes 10 yards back so his only option is a pass to Hanlon. When it came to throw ins it always needs to be safe for him to throw it, he doesn’t trust people to take the ball under pressure.

I said the same on Friday (i say it most weeks tbh) he never takes the ball forward with his first touch, always stops it or knocks it back first, even when no one is around him, allowing players to close him down. The perfect opposite example is Slivka, his first touch is nearly always moving him forward, opening up the play.

Sammy7nil
22-12-2019, 02:11 PM
De Gea will be up for sale in January:wink: