PDA

View Full Version : Pat Stanton club ambassador

Power
14-12-2019, 11:10 AM
https://www.hibeesbounce.com/attachments/a957c4f3-df74-4b11-a94b-937b7b4f0bac-jpeg.1750/

https://www.hibeesbounce.com/attachments/11fc45b2-8214-464d-9b31-30b2ebbf83c0-jpeg.1751/

We’ll see a lot of Pat around the stadium and more as ambassador and face of the club, his presence is and will continue to be huge.

More to follow ✅

04Sauzee
14-12-2019, 11:14 AM
Fantastic for Pat ane the club, although im not sure what his roll will be. Were McGregor and Gray not going to have a more ambassador type roll within the club.

This isnt a negative post im quite excited by whats happening at ER right now

Bostonhibby
14-12-2019, 11:24 AM
https://www.hibeesbounce.com/attachments/a957c4f3-df74-4b11-a94b-937b7b4f0bac-jpeg.1750/

https://www.hibeesbounce.com/attachments/11fc45b2-8214-464d-9b31-30b2ebbf83c0-jpeg.1751/

We’ll see a lot of Pat around the stadium and more as ambassador and face of the club, his presence is and will continue to be huge.

More to follow [emoji736]Definitely a big step in the right direction KP.

[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

blackpoolhibs
14-12-2019, 11:30 AM
Great news, the best player i had the pleasure of seeing in a Hibs strip, and with Sauzee coming back, i think the club are doing some great things again. :top marks

CockneyRebel
14-12-2019, 12:18 PM
[QUOTE=blackpoolhibs;6015486]Great news, the best player i had the pleasure of seeing in a Hibs strip, and with Sauzee coming back, i think the club are doing some great things again. :top marks[/QUOTE

Ditto!

Stantons Angel
14-12-2019, 12:33 PM
Its about time too that this man was recognised as the Legend he is to Hibernian.

Pat Stanton epitimises just what Hibs are all about...... Class!

He led a team of football playing players in the 70's that i personally have not seen any better than.

He played with class and flair and never let his team or club down.

He is the true meaning of LEGEND, its a word banded about like it means nothing but to Hibs and their supporters it means Pat Stanton.

I only hope that the club will treat him with dignity and the sheer respect he deserves and i think it will be a roll he will excel in.

Good Luck Pat and enjoy your new roll, you deserve it!

Weegreenman
14-12-2019, 12:56 PM
More of this type of thing from the club please 👏👏👏

Billy Whizz
14-12-2019, 01:00 PM
Brilliant news. Well done Hibs, and thanks for accepting it Pat!

Onion
14-12-2019, 01:09 PM
Greatest player and club servant in my lifetime. Absolute Legend of a man :aok:

Power
14-12-2019, 01:32 PM
Fantastic for Pat ane the club, although im not sure what his roll will be. Were McGregor and Gray not going to have a more ambassador type roll within the club.

This isnt a negative post im quite excited by whats happening at ER right now

Everyone excited at this end too, Biggest hero for all in my family.

Medium to long term Gray and McGregor will be thought of but whilst they are still playing/focused on football there is nobody bigger than Pat taking on that role as club ambassador right here right now.

hibeerealist
14-12-2019, 01:36 PM
Everyone excited at this end too, Biggest hero for all in my family.

Medium to long term Gray and McGregor will be thought of but whilst they are still playing/focused on football there is nobody bigger than Pat taking on that role as club ambassador right here right now.

Better late than never, well done current management for making it happen.

Legend.

Lago
14-12-2019, 01:55 PM
Pat & I are the same age & yet I absolutely hero worshipped him when watching him play for Hibs. Honestly never had another Hibs player mean as much to me. Brilliant news. 👏

CMurdoch
14-12-2019, 04:33 PM
A nice easy fix
After the passing of the last of the Famous Five, Pat Stanton stands head and shoulders above every living Hibs player.

kaimendhibs
14-12-2019, 05:30 PM
All time favourite player

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

AltheHibby
14-12-2019, 05:32 PM
He's the reason I support Hibs despite being from a H***,s family.

Great news.

One Day
15-12-2019, 08:53 AM
Its about time too that this man was recognised as the Legend he is to Hibernian.

Pat Stanton epitimises just what Hibs are all about...... Class!

He led a team of football playing players in the 70's that i personally have not seen any better than.

He played with class and flair and never let his team or club down.

He is the true meaning of LEGEND, its a word banded about like it means nothing but to Hibs and their supporters it means Pat Stanton.

I only hope that the club will treat him with dignity and the sheer respect he deserves and i think it will be a roll he will excel in.

Good Luck Pat and enjoy your new roll, you deserve it!

Well said

Billy Whizz
15-12-2019, 08:56 AM
I’m surprised there have been so few post on this, should be top of the board

Green Badger
15-12-2019, 08:59 AM
This is brilliant news, a true Hibernian legend and can’t think of anyone better to be an ambassador for the club.

JimBHibees
15-12-2019, 09:53 AM
Great news and a fantastic thing to do by the club. Absolute legend and what a player. Well done Pat. :flag:

Forza Fred
15-12-2019, 05:05 PM
As someone else posted, better late than neer.

Watched Pat since he broke into the team.

Most complete footballer I have seen in a Hibs jersey.

could play in any position.

hibbie02
15-12-2019, 06:59 PM
Always been a hero of mine. Been fortunate enough to meet him several times. The last was before the League Cup final in 2007. Was having a wazz in the social club when a bloke next to me said “It fair goes through you.” Naturally I was surprised at someone talking to me at that point in time. I looked round and then he was.

We chatted as we washed our hands and it turns out he recognised me from a previous meeting at London Hibs, where we had talked before. He was very happy to come and meet friends and many members of this site afterwards. The look on their faces shows what he means to Hibs fans. A legend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BILLYHIBS
16-12-2019, 05:54 AM
In my fifty five years of supporting HIBS the best player I have ever seen in a green and white jersey by a country mile be it sweeper, midfield, goal provider or emergency late centre forward

As Club Captain he led by example and skippered the best HIBS team I have ever seen in Turnbulls Tornadoes an absolute joy to behold a HIBS team playing exciting fast attacking attractive entertaining football the best brand of football the worlds ever seen

I have this vision of Pat Stanton elegantly majestically gliding across the grass ball at his feet pointing to his team mates telling them where the next precision pass is going to go and to get into position

Like his lifetime pal wee Jimmy ORourke cut him and he bleeds green

I have met Pat Stanton on many occasions and no matter how busy he is he always has time to stop and chat about the HIBS

A former club captain ex Scotland international and Manager Pat Stanton is a Hibernian Football Club legend he is a down to earth guy a total gentleman and the club could not have appointed a better ambassador to represent our great football club

:not worth

Speedway
16-12-2019, 11:36 AM
I’m surprised there have been so few post on this, should be top of the board

Yeah but Danny Stendel though.

The sad reality is that the Hibernian support has a large contingent of people for whom Pat Stanton is like the Famous Five - hear about them all the time but never saw them and therefore doesn't mean all that much. That's why I don't think it's at the top of the board.

We're getting to a point where even Sauzee and Deeko are ancient history.

That said, I'm delighted that the club has made this move and that Pat has accepted. I assume it's a paid position?

PeeJay
16-12-2019, 11:52 AM
Really good news to hear - Pat Stanton was one of my favourite players when I used to attend ER, can't think of a better person to take up the post of ambassador for the club ...

worcesterhibby
16-12-2019, 11:57 AM
I never got to see him play in the flesh, but have been lucky enough to chat to him a couple of times at games. A real gent. I'm sure he will be a fantastic ambassador for the club. Another positive step. Well done Hibs.