PDA

View Full Version : 26th/29th Trains

seanshow
14-12-2019, 05:52 AM
Looking ahead to the Livingston away game on 29th December, there are planned network rail works before haymarket 27th/28th/29th/
ie nae trains.(for those who usually use that medium of transport)

as far as those going to tynie by train on boxing day, which would include myself.
I still can't find info if there are trains in/out Edinburgh on the 26th?

HUTCHYHIBBY
14-12-2019, 06:11 AM
https://www.scotrail.co.uk/christmas

JimBHibees
14-12-2019, 07:26 AM
Looking ahead to the Livingston away game on 29th December, there are planned network rail works before haymarket 27th/28th/29th/

as far as those going to tynie by train on boxing day, which would include myself.

Trains on the 29th the day of Livi game are scheduled to restart at 10 am so should be ok for Livingston game.

It does look like there are no trains on Boxing Day operating out of Edinburgh. Only seems to be trains out of Glasgow seems odd.

B.H.F.C
14-12-2019, 07:51 AM
Trains on the 29th the day of Livi game are scheduled to restart at 10 am so should be ok for Livingston game.

It does look like there are no trains on Boxing Day operating out of Edinburgh. Only seems to be trains out of Glasgow seems odd.

Was the same last year when we were at Ibrox on Boxing Day, no trains from Edinburgh. Had to get the bus through.

JimBHibees
14-12-2019, 08:45 AM
Was the same last year when we were at Ibrox on Boxing Day, no trains from Edinburgh. Had to get the bus through.

Wonder why it is so different in comparison to trains around Glasgow.

hibbyfraelibby
14-12-2019, 09:19 AM
They are replacing the junction just west of Haymarket so no trains into Edinburgh from the West or North possible. Cant run the new electric trains round the old South Suburban line as its not wired so effectively the capital is cut off from the rail network

Hermit Crab
14-12-2019, 11:53 AM
Wonder why it is so different in comparison to trains around Glasgow.

Because in Glasgow the suburban network used to be (or maybe still is) part run by SPT - Strathclyde Passenger Transport and they have an agreement that trains will run on Boxing day, albeit a very limited service in the SPT area only. There has never been a ScotRail service on boxing day out with this area.

Hermit Crab
14-12-2019, 11:53 AM

Always been the case.

Hermit Crab
14-12-2019, 11:55 AM
They are replacing the junction just west of Haymarket so no trains into Edinburgh from the West or North possible. Cant run the new electric trains round the old South Suburban line as its not wired so effectively the capital is cut off from the rail network

Haymarket East Jn is up for renewal, there will be a very limited service able to use the North lines at Haymarket.

Hermit Crab
14-12-2019, 11:57 AM

This is assuming theres no possession overrun, bad weather can hamper the renewal team as well as things like equipment failures and things taking longer in general as its a massive job.

Hermit Crab
14-12-2019, 11:59 AM

No trains for you mate, never has been on Boxing day. Bus I'm afraid.

JimBHibees
14-12-2019, 04:23 PM
Because in Glasgow the suburban network used to be (or maybe still is) part run by SPT - Strathclyde Passenger Transport and they have an agreement that trains will run on Boxing day, albeit a very limited service in the SPT area only. There has never been a ScotRail service on boxing day out with this area.

Ok cheers

green with envy
14-12-2019, 05:06 PM
This is assuming theres no possession overrun, bad weather can hamper the renewal team as well as things like equipment failures and things taking longer in general as its a massive job.

Just had a text to say there are problems for tomorrow into Glasgow
Can you shed any light on that HC?

JimBHibees
14-12-2019, 05:17 PM
Just had a text to say there are problems for tomorrow into Glasgow
Can you shed any light on that HC?

Don't think so some work but only affecting trains from north.

https://www.scotrail.co.uk/plan-your-journey/engineering-works

green with envy
14-12-2019, 05:34 PM
Don't think so some work but only affecting trains from north.

https://www.scotrail.co.uk/plan-your-journey/engineering-works

Thank you.:thumbsup:

seanshow
17-12-2019, 03:25 PM
No trains for you mate, never has been on Boxing day. Bus I'm afraid.

AN update on the boxing day derby, for those travelling from the west, yip no trains and no first bus operations, but luckily for the greater lothian people amongst us, Lrt buses are running services on the 26th :)

Steve88
17-12-2019, 04:24 PM
AN update on the boxing day derby, for those travelling from the west, yip no trains and no first bus operations, but luckily for the greater lothian people amongst us, Lrt buses are running services on the 26th :)

Any buses running from Broxburn area (Boxing day)... :confused::confused::confused:

Hamish
17-12-2019, 04:33 PM
Any buses running from Broxburn area (Boxing day)... :confused::confused::confused:

Lothian Country buses X18 and 217 are running. Hourly service from memory.

Steve88
17-12-2019, 08:08 PM
Lothian Country buses X18 and 217 are running. Hourly service from memory.

Appreciated. Half time pies on the 26th are on me!