PDA

View Full Version : Getting one over Celtic

CLASS OF 72 -73
13-12-2019, 11:37 PM
With the game on Sunday coming up thought I would share an old true story my brother and I got great satisfaction from in 1992/93 in Johannesburg South Africa at the expense of the Celtic supporters club there and hopefully give us hope for Sunday.
My brother came over for my sons christening and part of the trip we were guests of the chairman there. Note before anyone shoots me down there was only a Rangers or Celtic supporters club in South Africa at the time and while most of the Scottish lads I met or became friends with were generally the old firm there was only one get together that was green.
A request I got from the club was if my brother could bring any tapes of Scottish football preferably Celtic games would be great as coverage was non existent in those days and always weeks old if they ever got any sent. We were assured of 5 star treatment if we could help and free bevy all night and scotch pies would be supplied if we managed to bring the entertainment.

Well my bro being a top Hibby and f''''''t if he was going to oblige decided instead of bringing the last televised Celtic win he brought latest game the below 2-3 win for Hibs at Parkhead.:faf: There was around 80 Celtic fans and two Hibby's from behind the goals in the audience. You have to picture the scene needless to say we weren't treated like kings for long but just to see their faces gave us one of the best wins over Celtic for a long while albeit recorded.:greengrin

Go for it JR's boys on Sunday it can be done GGTTH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COW-QQmt6Mw

Gloucester Hibs
14-12-2019, 05:38 AM
Nice! We beat them twice at Parkhead in quite a short space of time around then, albeit they were pretty honking. Think we’ve only won there twice since! Pat McGinley scored in the other win which I think had the unfortunate side effect of getting Hearts into Europe.

Col2
14-12-2019, 07:12 AM
Remember bring over in Crete with first wife (girlfriend at the time) and given no internet, no radio access I had to wait until the Monday for the Sunday papers to arrive in main town to then find out the result. Was the same time as the 2-2 Anderlecht UEFA cup match as well if I recall.