PDA

View Full Version : Danny Nedelko

Northernhibee
12-12-2019, 10:36 AM
https://youtu.be/QkF_G-RF66M

Always thought this tune would make a perfect chant for a team. Pro immigration, positive, chantable brilliance. A tonic for these times. Would love to see a pro Hibs pro immigration chant. Would set us apart as the modern team we are.

Sure some of our lyrical experts on here could do better but so far come up with this to celebrate those who have set up a new life in Edinburgh to play for or even just support our team.

Our goalkeeper saves them high and low,
A real shot stopper, Marciano

Our Swiss striker is like you and me,
He bangs the goals in, he’s Kamberi

Yadda yadda yadda yadda eh eh eh eh
We are Hibernian

But yeah, the tune above but with considerably better lyrics than above I think could work 😂

CockneyRebel
12-12-2019, 10:45 AM

Always thought this tune would make a perfect chant for a team. Pro immigration, positive, chantable brilliance. A tonic for these times. Would love to see a pro Hibs pro immigration chant. Would set us apart as the modern team we are.

Sure some of our lyrical experts on here could do better but so far come up with this to celebrate those who have set up a new life in Edinburgh to play for or even just support our team.

We are Hibernian

But yeah, the tune above but with considerably better lyrics than above I think could work 😂

Sorry but I'd sooner listen to a Boris Johnson album.

Carheenlea
12-12-2019, 11:13 AM
I’ve not got any lyrical contributions to add to what I agree is an excellent song, but I did meet Danny Nedelko after his gig with his band Heavy Lungs down in Sneaky Petes earlier this year. Three Hibs fans and Nedelko enjoying a post show chat but Hibs were never mentioned.

Winston Ingram
12-12-2019, 11:35 AM

We are Hibernian

He's no longer Swiss

JeMeSouviens
12-12-2019, 11:41 AM
He's no longer Swiss

He's probably both. The Swiss allow dual citizenship.

basehibby
12-12-2019, 03:14 PM

We are Hibernian

WTF has that got to do with immigration - and anyway could we not do it to the Ramones' Gabba Gabba Hey - far superior to Yadda Yadda eheh

Northernhibee
12-12-2019, 03:23 PM
WTF has that got to do with immigration - and anyway could we not do it to the Ramones' Gabba Gabba Hey - far superior to Yadda Yadda eheh

Original song is about the positives of immigration. Would be nice to use it as a Hibs song.

basehibby
12-12-2019, 04:34 PM
Original song is about the positives of immigration. Would be nice to use it as a Hibs song.

Well it could maybe win a competition vs that *****y Kamberi song as the most obscure hibs song that noone knows the words to

hibby rae
12-12-2019, 04:39 PM

We are Hibernian

Great tune, great band.

Northernhibee
12-12-2019, 05:00 PM
Well it could maybe win a competition vs that *****y Kamberi song as the most obscure hibs song that noone knows the words to

Mate, they sold out the Barras for two nights in literally minutes. One of the biggest bands around right now.

Hibee Mac
12-12-2019, 05:08 PM
Mate, they sold out the Barras for two nights in literally minutes. One of the biggest bands around right now.

All that proves is there a lot of people listening to sh**te these days 😂

Viva_Palmeiras
12-12-2019, 06:51 PM
Gotta be chorus from James’ Many Faces

https://youtu.be/ZJtRmGLNJa4

hibby rae
12-12-2019, 06:58 PM
All that proves is there a lot of people listening to sh**te these days 😂

They were also nominated for the Mercury Prize this year, sobare highly-regarded by their peers.

MKHIBEE
12-12-2019, 07:00 PM
FFS,I opened this thread expecting to read about some unknown player coming to Hibs

Perd Hapley
12-12-2019, 08:16 PM
Saw them in Glasgow the other week - absolutely phenomenal. How many bands have a mustachioed Irish practicing dentist on guitar?

HUTCHYHIBBY
12-12-2019, 08:53 PM
Get rid of these song threads, ffs!

Spudster
13-12-2019, 07:59 AM
Brilliant song, brilliant band, brilliant album. But this would never catch on at a football ground.

Hibby70
14-12-2019, 08:20 AM
Never fight a man with a perm.

Perd Hapley
14-12-2019, 04:43 PM
Never fight a man with a perm.

I said he has a penchant for goals and making weegies shut their mouth
Sadly for you he's an Albanian goal machine

Florian Kamberi (x8)

hibby rae
14-12-2019, 04:50 PM

Florian Kamberi (x8)

Balkan goal machine? I dunno if Albania is part of the Balkans though!

Perd Hapley
14-12-2019, 04:57 PM
Balkan goal machine? I dunno if Albania is part of the Balkans though!

I understood that he's of Kosovan Albanian descent? Is he not playing for their national team now?*

:confused:

edit: *or at least in their squad?

hibby rae
14-12-2019, 04:59 PM
I understood that he's of Kosovan Albanian descent? Is he not playing for their national team now?*

:confused:

edit: *or at least in their squad?

Oh yeah he is. Just trying to bring down the syllables ;)

Perd Hapley
14-12-2019, 05:03 PM
Oh yeah he is. Just trying to bring down the syllables ;)
:greengrin

moving swiftly on having quickly improved my geography...

I think balkan works actually

NorthNorfolkHFC
14-12-2019, 05:09 PM
Banging tune and better live. Much like Fontaines.

I do think we need to cut a bit deeper. With any luck hearts still won’t have won a game by the time the derby comes around.

My thinking is “I’ve been looking for freedom” by David Hassellhof (the German superstar)

Words easily changed to “I’ve been looking for 3 points”

The unkempt will love it.

https://youtu.be/OwAr6MVl8hQ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

fat freddy
14-12-2019, 05:16 PM

Florian Kamberi (x8)

Inspired! It works so well

Northernhibee
14-12-2019, 05:18 PM
Why can't Hearts get a win?
Even Tommy Wright gets a win
Brechin City get a win
So why can't Hearts get a win?

Well done!

hibby rae
14-12-2019, 05:42 PM
D-A-V-I-DDDDD it's Gray

allmodcons
14-12-2019, 05:46 PM
Why can't Hearts get a win?
Even Tommy Wright gets a win
Brechin City get a win
So why can't Hearts get a win?

Well done!

Idles are brilliant and that's a quality ditty.

PS - Hearts can't get a win because they suffer from 'Stendel' Syndrome