PDA

View Full Version : Vela

Diclonius
12-12-2019, 06:37 AM
What's happened to him?

Regardless of his previous performances, I don't think he's even been in a squad since Heckingbottom left, which is odd. Injured or being prepped for a move?

Greenbeard
12-12-2019, 06:45 AM
Not bothered - a bit like him in the Hibs jersey.
As long as he stays well out of the team/plans.
Cheerie-bye I say. Thanks for the memories - of which I have nainataw. At least he's saved me a few brain cells there then, so cheers for that at least.

FilipinoHibs
12-12-2019, 06:50 AM
Here we go:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/latest-hibs-news/hibs-boss-jack-ross-speaks-plans-josh-vela-and-glenn-middleton-1338366

BILLYHIBS
12-12-2019, 07:33 AM
Happy to give this guy another chance

Everyone starts with a clean slate

JR can only play with the hand he is dealt

If Josh didn’t know what we are all about before he must know now

GGTTH

jacomo
12-12-2019, 07:48 AM
Eddie May saw what Hecky couldn’t and dropped the guy for making zero impression on the team.

Jack ain’t dumb and has put the best performers in the team.

Up to Josh Vela if he’s got much to offer in a Hibs shirt.

The Spaceman
12-12-2019, 07:58 AM
Newell and Doidge are players transformed under Ross, therefore happy to give these guys a clean slate as well.

Ross is simply not changing a winning formula, so they will just need to wait their turn - look forward to seeing what they can do once their opportunity arises.

Since452
12-12-2019, 08:05 AM
I love Jack Ross

jacomo
12-12-2019, 08:15 AM
I love Jack Ross

What a difference it makes having a manager who is trying to create togetherness in the group and motivating every player to perform.

SquashedFrogg
12-12-2019, 08:34 AM
Not bothered - a bit like him in the Hibs jersey.
As long as he stays well out of the team/plans.
Cheerie-bye I say. Thanks for the memories - of which I have nainataw. At least he's saved me a few brain cells there then, so cheers for that at least.

This sums up social media for me. The need for some to make disparaging comments about people who for one reason, or another, it doesn't work out for at Hibs.

He seems like a decent lad and was well respected at his previous club. Perhaps, like many of the current squad, he just didn't get a chance to flourish in a PH team.

If it turns out he's not part of our plans then fair enough. But I wish him well.

Pretty Boy
12-12-2019, 08:35 AM
'Hi Phil, remmeber that lad Josh you worked with previously? Would you like to work with him again? Yes? Oh that's great. Can we have a squad player in exchange? Maybe that Dylan guy?'

BILLYHIBS
12-12-2019, 08:39 AM
'Hi Phil, remmeber that lad Josh you worked with previously? Would you like to work with him again? Yes? Oh that's great. Can we have a squad player in exchange? Maybe that Dylan guy?'

:greengrin

we are hibs
12-12-2019, 09:49 AM
Im all for giving people a fresh chance but i seriously cant see him coming back from that semi 1st half. Ive seen some poor midfield performances from hibs players at Hampden but that was right up there.

Thats not to mention his numerous other anonymous performances since joining. At least the others heckingbottom brought in showed small glimpses that there was potentially a decent player in there but ive not seen that at all from Vela.

Keith_M
12-12-2019, 09:54 AM
Eddie May worked out who our best available players were* and Jack Ross has pretty much stuck to that formula.

They've done quite well so it'll be hard to break through, unless somebody is injured or loses form.

* Except perhaps for the GK, but that was understandable.

J-C
12-12-2019, 10:02 AM
Eddie May worked out who our best available players were* and Jack Ross has pretty much stuck to that formula.

They've done quite well so it'll be hard to break through, unless somebody is injured or loses form.

* Except perhaps for the GK, but that was understandable.

I understand not changing a winning team but he can't even force his way onto the bench, that in itself says it all.

Winston Ingram
12-12-2019, 12:37 PM
He used to play for Phil Parkinson at Bolton so I'm hoping we can swap him for McGeouch

Lancs Harp
12-12-2019, 12:42 PM
Vela has been hugely disappointing, if we can move him on in January I would, it would free up a wage that we could use to bring in someone who might offer a better contribution to the squad I'm sure Jack must have one or two thoughts on players he would like to bring in.