PDA

View Full Version : David Gray testimonial?

cameronw-hfc
11-12-2019, 03:10 PM
Was just thinking about if there were any players given testimonials or similar type games without playing for a team for 10 years and wondered if someone like Gray is the kind of player that a club could make an exception for.

I dont think gray will be here for another 4 years as a player, hopefully he proves me wrong but injuries have me thinking 4 years isnt going to happen yet it feels weird someone like Ian Murray got one but David Gray possibly won't.

Thoughts?

H18 SFR
11-12-2019, 03:29 PM
Was just thinking about if there were any players given testimonials or similar type games without playing for a team for 10 years and wondered if someone like Gray is the kind of player that a club could make an exception for.

I dont think gray will be here for another 4 years as a player, hopefully he proves me wrong but injuries have me thinking 4 years isnt going to happen yet it feels weird someone like Ian Murray got one but David Gray possibly won't.

Thoughts?

There is very strict criteria around testimonials. I very much doubt it would be granted. There is guidance on the SFA website. Last one I personally know of who was less than 10 years at a club was a player who was very ill.

delbert
11-12-2019, 03:57 PM
There is very strict criteria around testimonials. I very much doubt it would be granted. There is guidance on the SFA website. Last one I personally know of who was less than 10 years at a club was a player who was very ill.

Super Joe T was 12 years at Easter Road and didn’t get one !

The 90+2
11-12-2019, 03:58 PM

That boy Hearts conned Inverness to take in replace with the poor mans Sproule got one at the start of the season.

Iggy Pope
11-12-2019, 04:06 PM
Super Joe T was 12 years at Easter Road and didn’t get one !

Neither did 3 of the Famous 5.
Or 9 of the 11 Tornadoes.

bigwheel
11-12-2019, 04:06 PM
That boy Hearts conned Inverness to take in replace with the poor mans Sproule got one at the start of the season.

Nope. He got a benefit match..not a testimonial..there are tax rules around a testimonial that make the criteria strict..

Billy Whizz
11-12-2019, 04:29 PM

He has a career ending injury at a young age. Well done on Hearts and Inverness putting a game on to help him

cabbageandribs1875
11-12-2019, 05:11 PM
Sir David and Darren McGregor are here until april 2023, have the two of them started their coaching badges yet ?

The 90+2
11-12-2019, 05:41 PM
Nope. He got a benefit match..not a testimonial..there are tax rules around a testimonial that make the criteria strict..

Ah okay. 👍

The 90+2
11-12-2019, 05:42 PM
He has a career ending injury at a young age. Well done on Hearts and Inverness putting a game on to help him

Fully agree. Hearts flogged him to Inverness when it became apparent though.

The 90+2
11-12-2019, 05:42 PM
Sir David and Darren McGregor are here until april 2023, have the two of them started their coaching badges yet ?

Yes.

cabbageandribs1875
11-12-2019, 06:37 PM
Yes.

ta :aok:

cameronw-hfc
11-12-2019, 10:52 PM
Looks like even if wanted it wouldn't be logistically possible if he doesnt hit the 10 years. Pretty surprised to see certain players here who didn't get one.

BoltonHibee
12-12-2019, 02:20 AM
There are players, certainly in England that have been granted testimonials with less than 10 years service to a particular club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigwheel
12-12-2019, 05:28 AM
There are players, certainly in England that have been granted testimonials with less than 10 years service to a particular club.

Any examples ? As pretty sure testimonial rules are governed by the HMRC and not football...could have had a benefit match of course, those don’t have the same tax incentives

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BoltonHibee
12-12-2019, 06:55 AM
John McGinlay ( Bolton). The match was v Preston. This one was a testimonial. He didn’t play for Bolton for 10 years. There were others from memory but you’d need to search.