PDA

View Full Version : Hearts on the rob again

FilipinoHibs
10-12-2019, 04:57 AM
Here it is

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/barnsley-hit-out-daniel-stendel-after-hearts-move-read-astonishing-statement-full-1336461

Callum_62
10-12-2019, 06:30 AM
Lol, brilliant.

Got a good feeling about there latest appointment

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

lyonhibs
10-12-2019, 06:38 AM
They all seem rather calm about this over on JKB. "Queen Anne" will have it all in hand seemingly, but as the same person was ultimately responsible for a new stand build that was delayed because they forgot to order the seats, opened with not enough lavvies and staircases leading to nowhere and still isn't properly finished, I have to admire their optimism but can't quite see what it's founded on.

cocteautwin
10-12-2019, 06:46 AM
She’s a business woman don’t you know. Quietly demonstrating how to make a small fortune out of a football club (by starting off with a big fortune).

A story as old as time.

The Harp Awakes
10-12-2019, 06:59 AM
Lol, brilliant.

Got a good feeling about there latest appointment

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Yes, loyalty doesn't seem to be one of Stendl's qualities. Sounds like the first decent job that comes up in England he'll be off like a shot.

Since90+2
10-12-2019, 07:00 AM
Be absolutely hilarious if St Johnstone beat them on Saturday.

staunchhibby
10-12-2019, 07:03 AM
Do they actually know where the manager is.BBC pictures says he arrived at Glasgow Airport but look closely at board in background and it says Edinburgh Airport lol

The 90+2
10-12-2019, 07:57 AM
They all seem rather calm about this over on JKB. "Queen Anne" will have it all in hand seemingly, but as the same person was ultimately responsible for a new stand build that was delayed because they forgot to order the seats, opened with not enough lavvies and staircases leading to nowhere and still isn't properly finished, I have to admire their optimism but can't quite see what it's founded on.

Poor tinpot Barnsley with their owner only worth $9b 😂😂😂

Deansy
10-12-2019, 08:46 AM
Here it is

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/barnsley-hit-out-daniel-stendel-after-hearts-move-read-astonishing-statement-full-1336461

Typical EEN dross - Hearts once again bumping money, where's the 'News' factor there ?. They've been living off 'Other People's Money' since Mercer so it's tradition, it's in their DNA !

What is notable in this 'article' is that there's no 'Fans forum' - you can bet that wouldn't be the case if it was a bad-news story about US !

Just_Jimmy
10-12-2019, 09:28 AM
Wait so Barnsley sacked him, then failed to reach a settlement to pay him off. Then hearts appointed him and somehow they're in the wrong?

I mean... I love to take the piss out them as much as the next person, but how is this hearts issue? Surely Barnsley have messed up - sack and pay him off.

Only in football can you expect money for someone you binned. Reeks of a bitter ex. I don't want him but you can't have either.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

NC1875
10-12-2019, 09:35 AM
Wait so Barnsley sacked him, then failed to reach a settlement to pay him off. Then hearts appointed him and somehow they're in the wrong?

I mean... I love to take the piss out them as much as the next person, but how is this hearts issue? Surely Barnsley have messed up - sack and pay him off.

Only in football can you expect money for someone you binned. Reeks of a bitter ex. I don't want him but you can't have either.

But he wasn’t sacked.

Peevemor
10-12-2019, 09:40 AM

What if it's Stendel that's being unreasonable with the settlement he's demanding? Why should Barnsley pay him off quickly just to keep him & Hearts happy?

Stendel - I want £500k
Barnsley - No, that's too much
Hearts - Hey look everyone, we've signed Stendel
Stendel - I still want my £500k
Barnsley - No, that's too much, but if Hearts chip in we can maybe sort something out
Hearts - But, but... you sacked him...

Just_Jimmy
10-12-2019, 09:41 AM
But he wasn’t sacked.Ok. He was "removed".

Anthony Soprano
10-12-2019, 09:41 AM

Yeah i hate those c**** as much as anyone but can't see how they're in the wrong here tbh, or due barnsley anything.

That said he sounds exactly like the type of snake who'll suit them and i can't wait for him to f*** them over.

Just_Jimmy
10-12-2019, 09:50 AM
What if it's Stendel that's being unreasonable with the settlement he's demanding? Why should Barnsley pay him off quickly just to keep him & Hearts happy?

Stendel - I want £500k
Barnsley - No, that's too much
Hearts - Hey look everyone, we've signed Stendel
Stendel - I still want my £500k
Barnsley - No, that's too much, but if Hearts chip in we can maybe sort something out
Hearts - But, but... you sacked him...Of course that could be the case. However, I'd imagine payoffs would be written into contracts as would breach of contract etc. I'd imagine it'll be if you're "removed"* you get xyz pay off but if you take a job by such a date you get xy and if you go to clubs in direct competition you get X or nothing from us. That's pretty standard.

It reads very much like Barnsley spitting the dummy. These things are always best dealt with in house or by lawyers. Anything public looks crass.

Again, Barnsley and DS failure to reach a settlement isn't hearts fault. He's taken a job, hearts will (or will not - they have history) pay him a salary. If he's due money from Barnsley then it's up to them to inform him he's only getting whatever and if he's got issues for him to sort.

I would clarify by saying I don't think he's a good manager. I would have been gutted if we'd appointed him. However, I'm not sure hearts have done much wrong here despite the trend to stick the boot in at every chance.

*He wasn't sacked.

The 90+2
10-12-2019, 09:55 AM
Ok. He was "removed".

There’s a massive difference.

Peevemor
10-12-2019, 09:56 AM
Of course that could be the case. However, I'd imagine payoffs would be written into contracts as would breach of contract etc. I'd imagine it'll be if you're "removed"* you get xyz pay off but if you take a job by such a date you get xy and if you go to clubs in direct competition you get X or nothing from us. That's pretty standard.

It reads very much like Barnsley spitting the dummy. These things are always best dealt with in house or by lawyers. Anything public looks crass.

Again, Barnsley and DS failure to reach a settlement isn't hearts fault. He's taken a job, hearts will (or will not - they have history) pay him a salary. If he's due money from Barnsley then it's up to them to inform him he's only getting whatever and if he's got issues for him to sort.

I would clarify by saying I don't think he's a good manager. I would have been gutted if we'd appointed him. However, I'm not sure hearts have done much wrong here despite the trend to stick the boot in at every chance.

*He wasn't sacked.

For me it's obvious that there's an ongoing dispute between Stendel & Barnsley. Hearts shouldn't have appointed him/gone public until it was resolved.

Imagine it was an out of favour star player as opposed to a manager. I don't see the difference to be honest.

McD
10-12-2019, 10:01 AM
For me it's obvious that there's an ongoing dispute between Stendel & Barnsley. Hearts shouldn't have appointed him/gone public until it was resolved.

Imagine it was an out of favour star player as opposed to a manager. I don't see the difference to be honest.

perhaps that was the hold up with hearts announcing him, but with their abysmal form they felt they had to do it. Saturday evening is an odd time to announce a new manager :dunno:

iwasthere1972
10-12-2019, 10:03 AM
His trusted lieutenants. 😁

Thought they were planning on jumping ship with their admiral.

Peevemor
10-12-2019, 10:03 AM
perhaps that was the hold up with hearts announcing him, but with their abysmal form they felt they had to do it. Saturday evening is an odd time to announce a new manager :dunno:

I definitely think Budge panicked, either that or a "mystery benefactor" pressured her into making the announcement.

Monts
10-12-2019, 10:20 AM
If an ice-cream shop gets a new freezer cabinet, and sticks the old one outside with a pricetag on it, you can't just take it without paying for it just cos the owner wasn't using it anymore. If you don't like the price you go elsewhere.

Other examples are available :greengrin

FilipinoHibs
10-12-2019, 10:56 AM
I think he is technically still employed
by Barnsley but on so called garden leave. He was relieved of his duties because of his shenanigans with the other club and not informing Barnsley. Keeping him employed is a sort of punishment by Barnsley. It also ensures if anybody wants to hire him they have to buy him out of his contract. Barnsley look as if they will accept a compromise offer. But I think Hearts have technically broken employment law. Amazing that they think they owe Barsnley nothing. Think this could turn ugly.

Pretty Boy
10-12-2019, 11:10 AM
Reading the statement it appears he was placed on gardening leave for what amounted to a serious breach of contract. Speaking to a rival club and trying to coerce others to leave the club is pretty close to gross misconduct, in fact it's probably a slam dunk.

If that process hadn't been concluded and he was still under contract to Barnsley at the time of Hearts appointing him then it seems they are well within their rights to demand what they feel they are due. I can't see how he can have any legitimate claim to a compensation package in those circumstances.

Sudds_1
10-12-2019, 11:17 AM
If he turns out to be *****...they might try to off him on a sale and return basis?

FilipinoHibs
10-12-2019, 11:23 AM
As the Herald points out he does not in his facebook deny he was talking to an another club. He also states that at the time of his removal he tried to reach an amicable agreement with Barnsley shielding it from the fans. Think Hearts have been badly advised legally.

cocteautwin
10-12-2019, 11:25 AM
The weird thing is, in his Facebook statement, he doesn’t address the issue that Barnsley have accused him of. Just ignores the issue then prattles on about how he worked really hard for Barnsley. If Barnsley’s allegations were unfounded you’d think he would be denying them but this doesn’t seem to be the case so one can probably assume he’s guilty.

cocteautwin
10-12-2019, 11:25 AM
As the Herald points out he does not in his facebook deny he was talking to an another club. He also states that at the time of his removal he tried to reach an amicable agreement with Barnsley shielding it from the fans. Think Hearts have been badly advised legally.

Beat me to it :-)

Cataplana
10-12-2019, 11:27 AM
I think Hearts have fallen for the old, "I've got a mate down the pub who says it will be ok" again.

Same guy that knows how to put planning applications in, and is a top level architect.

Penny wise, and pound foolish, that's the Yams. Small timers

FilipinoHibs
10-12-2019, 11:33 AM
I think Hearts have fallen for the old, "I've got a mate down the pub who says it will be ok" again.

Same guy that knows how to put planning applications in, and is a top level architect. This is almost as funny as we owe it to ourselves mantra

Penny wise, and pound foolish, that's the Yams. Small timers

Yeah the fact they were in discussion with Barnsley and writing letters to them on the matter but now they say they owe nothing. This is almost as funny as the we owe it to ourselves mantra.

pollution
10-12-2019, 11:37 AM
Stendal had zero wins in ten league games??

Talk about starting with no recent pedigree. Is Levein any better and is he still a director?

Queen Anne went public about employing a sporting director first and what does she do.

She is truly out her depth when it comes to day to day ownership.

I predict an immediate victory or three and then back to square one.

Since452
10-12-2019, 11:40 AM

Talk about starting with no recent pedigree. Is Levein any better and is he still a director?

Queen Anne went public about employing a sporting director first and what does she do.

It was all Barnsleys fault for selling their best players. Doesn't count when Sunderland flog their top scorer from under Ross's nose though...

hibby6270
10-12-2019, 11:50 AM

Levein is no longer a Director. See attached.

However, not sure if he’s still “employed” by HMFC in some capacity. I thought he was out the door completely but maybe wrong.

FilipinoHibs
10-12-2019, 12:08 PM
Levein is no longer a Director. See attached.

However, not sure if he’s still “employed” by HMFC in some capacity. I thought he was out the door completely but maybe wrong.

Overseeing youth development till the end if season. Also, tour guide for Tynie and their rented training facilities.

Biggie
10-12-2019, 12:13 PM
Overseeing youth development till the end if season. Also, tour guide for Tynie and their rented training facilities.
haha...hearts (Budge) are sharting all over him...."tour guide"...:rotflmao:

Argylehibby
10-12-2019, 12:14 PM
Reading the statement it appears he was placed on gardening leave for what amounted to a serious breach of contract. Speaking to a rival club and trying to coerce others to leave the club is pretty close to gross misconduct, in fact it's probably a slam dunk.

If that process hadn't been concluded and he was still under contract to Barnsley at the time of Hearts appointing him then it seems they are well within their rights to demand what they feel they are due. I can't see how he can have any legitimate claim to a compensation package in those circumstances.

The problem Barnsley would face with that slam dunk is that sacking him gives him and the other club what they want, a free move to that club. Barnsley therefore retain his contract and put him on gardening leave and continue to pay him that way they still get compensation if he's appointed elsewhere.

If Hearts didn't know that contractual situation then they are blameless and their new manager could be sacked by them for not declaring he was already employed. You could argue they should have asked!

In reality I suspect Stendal is trying to say you don't pay me compensation and Hearts don't pay you anything while Barnsley are still wanting the compensation.

Baader
10-12-2019, 12:18 PM
Do that lot ever actually get anything right?

cocteautwin
10-12-2019, 12:56 PM
Do that lot ever actually get anything right?

They’re World experts at spending tens of millions of £s of other people’s money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joe6-2
10-12-2019, 02:12 PM

I keep forgetting the stairway to nowhere! Every time it’s mentioned again I laugh out loud! 😂😂😂

CMurdoch
10-12-2019, 02:21 PM
** A working knowledge of the 70's game Ker-Plunk will help with the following. Ker-Plunk was basically a load of marbles in a clear vertical tube which were supported by horizontally threaded plastic sticks. You then saw how many of the supporting sticks you could remove without the balls falling through. Got it :aok:

Chapter 1
Barnsley appear to be owned by foreign investor/business types looking to make money out of the cash cow that is English football. Their strategy is to sell the best players on big wages and replace them with young guys on low wages. train and develop them then sell them for loads of money. What could go wrong?

They took over and employed Stendl and he did well, however, they started to play Ker-Plunk with his team, selling off his best players and bringing in young replacements with potential on smaller wages just as they had planned. Despite the weakening of their team, the manager and remaining players managed to hold on and were promoted. However, this summer the board continued with the same Ker-Plunk policy and Stendl quickly realised that the squad assembled by the board had no chance of surviving in the Championship.
In response Stendl speaks to the board. They give him the **** speak and fob him off. He gets frustrated and tells them they know nothing about football and nobody is happy.
He tells his agent who advises him it is time to get out before large amounts of marbles come down on his head.

The season starts and predictably Barnsley are not good enough or experienced enough and sink to the bottom of the league. Marbles everywhere. The agent does his stuff and they speak with representatives of Huddersfield on the qt. Barnsley find out, challenge him and sack him. Stendl asks for his contract to be paid up and Barnsley refuse citing his breach of contract by speaking to another club without their knowledge or agreement. Lawyers/agents for both parties spend the next 2 months unsuccessfully trying to come to a pay off agreement.

In the meantime Barnsley appoint a new manager and continue to scuff along the bottom of the league.
Stendl sits twiddling his thumbs in contemplation when without warning an old woman with candy floss hair tells him of her maroon marvels of the North.
She sounds desparate, something about Harry Potter and angry scarf twirlers.

Chapter 2?

Springbank
10-12-2019, 03:11 PM
** A working knowledge of the 70's game Ker-Plunk will help with the following. Ker-Plunk was basically a load of marbles in a clear vertical tube which were supported by horizontally threaded plastic sticks. You then saw how many of the supporting sticks you could remove without the balls falling through. Got it :aok:

Chapter 1
Barnsley appear to be owned by foreign investor/business types looking to make money out of the cash cow that is English football. Their strategy is to sell the best players on big wages and replace them with young guys on low wages. train and develop them then sell them for loads of money. Keep doing it and make loads of money. What could go wrong?

They took over and employed Stendl and he did well, however, they started to play Ker-Plunk with his team, selling off his best players and bringing in young replacements with potential on smaller wages just as they had planned. Despite the weakening of their team, the manager and remaining players managed to hold on and were promoted. However, this summer the board continued with the same Ker-Plunk policy and Stendl quickly realised that the squad assembled by the board had no chance of surviving in the Championship.
In response Stendl speaks to the board. They give him the **** speak and fob him off. He gets frustrated and tells them they know nothing about football and nobody is happy.
He tells his agent who advises him it is time to get out before large amounts of marbles come down on his head.

The season starts and predictably Barnsley are not good enough or experienced enough and sink to the bottom of the league. Marbles everywhere. The agent does his stuff and they speak with representatives of Huddersfield on the qt. Barnsley find out, challenge him and sack him. Stendl asks for his contract to be paid up and Barnsley refuse citing his breach of contract by speaking to another club without their knowledge or agreement. Lawyers/agents for both parties spend the next 2 months unsuccessfully trying to come to a pay off agreement.

In the meantime Barnsley appoint a new manager and continue to scuff along the bottom of the league.
Stendl sits twiddling his thumbs in contemplation when without warning an old woman with candy floss hair tells him of her maroon marvels of the North.
She sounds desparate, something about Harry Potter and scarf twirlers.

Chapter 2?

Chapter 2 - Buckaroo

After the Kerplunk Era, Mr Stendel decides to go for a Buckaroo phase.

He doesnt fancy the Hearts job, but it is the only interest shown in him, so he uses it to boost his profile.

He strings along the old lady in charge of west Edinburgh and encourages her to put more and more things into his contract, until, like buckaroo, it gets too much and spectacularly falls apart for all players.

Stendel gets big bucks & all sorts of promises but omits to tell Mrs Doctor that he was still technically under contract. The Buckaroo moment comes when Barnsley seek a six figure sum from the hapless Mrs Doctor.

Chapter 3..

greenlex
10-12-2019, 05:31 PM
Ideal scenario is he’s failing miserably from now until ten matches into next season when Hearts are wanting him out. Right about the same time as the sports arbitrators find they are due Barnsley about 500k compo. Beautiful.

The 90+2
10-12-2019, 05:33 PM
Ideal scenario is he’s failing miserably from now until ten matches into next season when Hearts are wanting him out. Right about the same time as the sports arbitrators find they are due Barnsley about 500k compo. Beautiful.

He will be punted or quit by the summer and use the excuse of it not being his team or coaches.

Sioux
10-12-2019, 05:33 PM
If a manager moves between clubs and the clubs cannot agree on an adequate amount of compensation then due to the early termination of the contract the original club will be able to bring the following claims:

Breach of contract – by the manager
Inducement to breach the contract – by the club obtaining his services

It is likely that both these claims are to be heard by a disciplinary tribunal which will decide on the adequate amount of compensation to be paid.

However, in some instances a manager will be put under gardening leave by the club anticipating losing his services meaning he will not be able to move to another club for a specified time period.

CRAZYHIBBY
10-12-2019, 06:24 PM
I reckon he will be a good appointment for them and will have them fired up for the derby.

oneone73
10-12-2019, 06:25 PM
I reckon he will be a good appointment for them and will have them fired up for the derby.

Not difficult. When are they not?

Deansy
10-12-2019, 07:39 PM
I think he is technically still employed
by Barnsley but on so called garden leave. He was relieved of his duties because of his shenanigans with the other club and not informing Barnsley. Keeping him employed is a sort of punishment by Barnsley. It also ensures if anybody wants to hire him they have to buy him out of his contract. Barnsley look as if they will accept a compromise offer. But I think Hearts have technically broken employment law. Amazing that they think they owe Barsnley nothing. Think this could turn ugly.

It's Hearts, ffs - the concept of 'Paying your way' is utterly abhorrent to them !

Lago
11-12-2019, 01:32 PM
She’s a business woman don’t you know. Quietly demonstrating how to make a small fortune out of a football club (by starting off with a big fortune).

A story as old as time.

I've met Ann Budge when I worked at RBS. A very pleasant & well mannered woman. Yes she did have a big fortune, but she worked hard started & grew her business to such a successful extent that it was bought for a considerable amount of money.
I can't be bothered with the politics of envey

hibbyfraelibby
11-12-2019, 02:26 PM
I've met Ann Budge when I worked at RBS. A very pleasant & well mannered woman. Yes she did have a big fortune, but she worked hard started & grew her business to such a successful extent that it was bought for a considerable amount of money.

Others have a different recollection of her. The brains of the operation was her senior business partner Alison Newell who decided to sell her majority stake in the company to a French multinational. Newell and Budge under delivered and over charged but hey Fred liked them and thats all that mattered.

cocteautwin
11-12-2019, 02:36 PM

Well that’s great. Let me know your address and I’ll send you a cookie. But what’s your actual point?

She’s fired through £25m of fans money since she took over HMFC and is running a company that needs a further injection of £4m+, over and above the day to day takings of the business, just to see itself through to the end of the next financial year and to survive til the next round of fans season ticket money.

At some stage people need to stop applauding some so-called business savvy and realise that HMFC are a total basket case of a business that can’t function without huge injections of extraneous cash.

I don’t know what will happen to HMFC in the future but I’d bet my house that it doesn’t become some well run sustainable business capable of surviving on its normal corporate takings.

Anyone who manages and promotes a business that has spent c£30m of injected cash and continues to push the business as viable really does not deserve the label of being a good business person.

It’s insanity, slowly enfolding before our very eyes.

RyeSloan
11-12-2019, 03:18 PM
And of course being successful in one line of business is no guarantee of being able to replicate that in another.

There is tons of examples of hugely successful businesses expanding into new areas and failing or indeed moving into another territory with the same business model and failing.

So making money running an IT firm ages ago means basically zilch in being able to run HMFC effectively today.

It’s a moot debate anyway, her failings at running Hearts are there, clear as day, for anyone and everyone to see.

Cataplana
11-12-2019, 03:24 PM

Nobody with sense should ever get involved with football. I hope the lady can get out with her money as soon as possible.

CloudSquall
11-12-2019, 03:25 PM

I don't think there is any envey here, just people taking the piss due to the obession about how "business savvy" she is while running a circus over the road.

Cataplana
11-12-2019, 03:26 PM
Well that’s great. Let me know your address and I’ll send you a cookie. But what’s your actual point?

She’s fired through £25m of fans money since she took over HMFC and is running a company that needs a further injection of £4m+, over and above the day to day takings of the business, just to see itself through to the end of the next financial year and to survive til the next round of fans season ticket money.

At some stage people need to stop applauding some so-called business savvy and realise that HMFC are a total basket case of a business that can’t function without huge injections of extraneous cash.

I don’t know what will happen to HMFC in the future but I’d bet my house that it doesn’t become some well run sustainable business capable of surviving on its normal corporate takings.

Anyone who manages and promotes a business that has spent c£30m of injected cash and continues to push the business as viable really does not deserve the label of being a good business person.

I think the insanity is that anyone could have thought it would run a different course.

Iggy Pope
11-12-2019, 03:55 PM
Others have a different recollection of her. The brains of the operation was her senior business partner Alison Newell who decided to sell her majority stake in the company to a French multinational. Newell and Budge under delivered and over charged but hey Fred liked them and thats all that mattered.

The Shred. “Carpets? Aye, I like them, fit them. What, you fitted those carpets?. Nah, rip them up and fit those other ones we spoke about before. Done? Third thoughts, **** those carpets too, rip the floor up and start again”

Lago
11-12-2019, 03:55 PM

Your initial point was that she had the advantage of having a bundle of money to start with, easy for her. Do you apply the same logic to Sir Tom Farmers take over of Hibs? And as for your cookie stick it where the sun doesn't shine!

Lago
11-12-2019, 03:58 PM
The Shred. “Carpets? Aye, I like them, fit them. What, you fitted those carpets?. Nah, rip them up and fit those other ones we spoke about before. Done? Third thoughts, **** those carpets too, rip the floor up and start again”
I was there at that time, it wasn't funny believe me 😒

Glory Lurker
11-12-2019, 03:58 PM
Nobody with sense should ever get involved with football. I hope the lady can get out with her money as soon as possible.

Agree. As far as I can tell she was the only feasible show in town when Hearts were at death's door. She didn't need to get involved and without her they'd be pushing up daisies. It does seem that after saving it, running it does not suit her skills comfortably but the flak she's taking over there is shocking.

Much as I loathe Hearts as much as the next Hibbie, as a football person I respect what she did and hope she's able to exit the club on the financial level she had at the start.

Lago
11-12-2019, 04:01 PM
:aok:
Agree. As far as I can tell she was the only feasible show in town when Hearts were at death's door. She didn't need to get involved and without her they'd be pushing up daisies. It does seem that after saving it, running it does not suit her skills comfortably but the flak she's taking over there is shocking.

Much as I loathe Hearts as much as the next Hibbie, as a football person I respect what she did and hope she's able to exit the club on the financial level she had at the start.

Cataplana
11-12-2019, 04:04 PM

It seems to me that a lot of the younger ones have s completely unrealistic expectation. It hasn't just been a case of surviving, gritting the teeth and working their way back.

The seem to expect her to keep the Romanov fantasy running.

Iggy Pope
11-12-2019, 04:08 PM

Me too. You were probably getting paid though.

WhileTheChief..
11-12-2019, 04:13 PM
It's not just the young ones - take a look at Kickback just now, it's all of them.

Apparently the media and everyone else in football is running scared 'cause Hearts are about to break the Old Firm duopoly. They're being serious!!

I've got no sympathy for Budge at all. The recent statement mentioning Jack Ross and then Stendle having to say he had never heard of Hibs and that he needs to prove Hearts are the big club in the town just shows how much she is playing to her audience.

She's then got the cheek to suggest that we go running to her for help.

Been in the game 5 mins and telling everyone how they are doing it wrong. She can bolt. She deserves all the abuse she gets.

Monts
11-12-2019, 04:18 PM
Your initial point was that she had the advantage of having a bundle of money to start with, easy for her. Do you apply the same logic to Sir Tom Farmers take over of Hibs? And as for your cookie stick it where the sun doesn't shine!

I think you've misunderstood the point that was being made.

Lago
11-12-2019, 04:23 PM
Me too. You were probably getting paid though.
A lot of people made a lot of money out of contracting at RBS. As for companies I think Arthur McKay lived of that one contract for years 🙄

Lago
11-12-2019, 04:24 PM
I think you've misunderstood the point that was being made.

Do you?

hibbyfraelibby
11-12-2019, 04:26 PM

Correctimundo

Aldo
11-12-2019, 04:33 PM
It's not just the young ones - take a look at Kickback just now, it's all of them.

Apparently the media and everyone else in football is running scared 'cause Hearts are about to break the Old Firm duopoly. They're being serious!!

I've got no sympathy for Budge at all. The recent statement mentioning Jack Ross and then Stendle having to say he had never heard of Hibs and that he needs to prove Hearts are the big club in the town just shows how much she is playing to her audience.

Been in the game 5 mins and telling everyone how they are doing it wrong. She can bolt. She deserves all the abuse she gets.

The yams I know reckon we are just jealous of them and everything about them....

1. The mega stand with the glass curtain with facilities other clubs are the envy of

2. World class training facilities

3. New foreign coach in line with Liverpool and Man City

4. A tie in with Man City

What they actually have

1. An unfinished single tiered stand which is unfinished, rusting, has restricted views and some of the worst media facilities in Scottish Football. O at the cost of around 30 million and counting

Ps less than 20k capacity and not Gold (UEFA standard)

2. Training facilities they don’t own and don’t get the use of very often (Oriam)

3. A new manager that doesn’t even know who they are but knows their rivals

4. They have signed a player on loan and city are looking at one of their players.

So the way o see it everything they do Budge and co bums it up like they are the first to do it which makes them better by all accounts.

I was however slightly childish in response to my yam associates.... they did have a first and a big one at that..... they were the first to bump the Lady Haig Poppy fund!

Bostonhibby
11-12-2019, 05:01 PM
The yams I know reckon we are just jealous of them and everything about them....

1. The mega stand with the glass curtain with facilities other clubs are the envy of

2. World class training facilities

3. New foreign coach in line with Liverpool and Man City

4. A tie in with Man City

What they actually have

1. An unfinished single tiered stand which is unfinished, rusting, has restricted views and some of the worst media facilities in Scottish Football. O at the cost of around 30 million and counting

Ps less than 20k capacity and not Gold (UEFA standard)

2. Training facilities they don’t own and don’t get the use of very often (Oriam)

3. A new manager that doesn’t even know who they are but knows their rivals

4. They have signed a player on loan and city are looking at one of their players.

So the way o see it everything they do Budge and co bums it up like they are the first to do it which makes them better by all accounts.

I was however slightly childish in response to my yam associates.... they did have a first and a big one at that..... they were the first to bump the Lady Haig Poppy fund!

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkYou missed the bit where they announced the "chip" to an expectant world.

The statements never mention the castle view lounge that is deficient to the tune of one view of the castle, the premium seats which are more expensive smaller seats, the soaking wet open air press area or the directors box, that hasn't got any walls, a door or a roof.

I still don't believe they discovered the potato and then that if you slice it and chuck it in hot oil you get a healthy nutritional snack that is practically our national dish, but if it's worth making a statement about it must be true.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Aldo
11-12-2019, 05:03 PM
You missed the bit where they announced the "chip" to an expectant world.

The statements never mention the castle view lounge that is deficient to the tune of one view of the castle, the premium seats which are more expensive smaller seats, the soaking wet open air press area or the directors box, that hasn't got any walls, a door or a roof.

I still don't believe they discovered the potato and then that if you slice it and chuck it in hot oil you get a healthy nutritional snack that is practically our national dish, but if it's worth making a statement about it must be true.

A yes indeed I did. Thanks for reminding me!

Iggy Pope
11-12-2019, 05:08 PM
A lot of people made a lot of money out of contracting at RBS. As for companies I think Arthur McKay lived of that one contract for years 🙄

I’d never name names but that contractor operated widely and successfully beyond RBS for decades as did the one I have in mind. Nor did they fit carpets.

GibbytheHibby2
11-12-2019, 05:11 PM

Is it true he had the executive kitchen moved so his lunch didn’t go cold on it’s way to his room?

JimBHibees
11-12-2019, 05:40 PM

Agree with this apart from in the interview he mentioned Hibs were one of the teams he had heard of due to Hecky.

JimBHibees
11-12-2019, 05:49 PM

Nothing to do with the result an hour before the hastily worded statement with a bizarre unnecessary reference to your city rivals was released. :greengrin

Monts
11-12-2019, 07:50 PM
Do you?

Yes. The point wasn't that she had it easy because she started with lots of money. The point was that football club owners usually end up with less money than they started with.

Lago
11-12-2019, 07:54 PM
I’d never name names but that contractor operated widely and successfully beyond RBS for decades as did the one I have in mind. Nor did they fit carpets.
I totally agree, never meant suggest they were anything but ethical I see there vans around Kirkcaldy to this day & no they were not involved in the carpet capers.
I'll finish with the memory of the janitor in No. 42 stationed on the executive floor armed with a light rake, he was tasked with restoring the carpet pile following any foot traffic ��

ancient hibee
11-12-2019, 09:14 PM
Not just foot traffic.

Lago
11-12-2019, 09:20 PM
Not just foot traffic.

:agree:

1875STEVE
12-12-2019, 10:24 PM
As much as I hate them, and it hurts to type this.

Im with Hearts on this one.

How can Barnsley get rid of him, then demand compo.

Ridiculous.

Aldo
13-12-2019, 04:49 AM

Ridiculous.

Simple, the relieved him of his duties whilst they decided what action they were taking as a result of his breach of contract or alleged breach of contract.

A bit like potter down tiny way. He’s relieved of his manager duties but is now employed as the janny and general dogs body!

FilipinoHibs
13-12-2019, 06:05 AM

Ridiculous.

He is still under contract till 2020 and effectively on what is called gardening leave till then. His contract has not been terminated and he has not been made redundant. Hearts must buy out his contract or reach some compromise.

JimBHibees
13-12-2019, 06:33 AM
He us still under contract till 2020 and effectively on what is called gardening leave till then. Hi contract has not been terminated and he has not been made redundant. Hearts must buy put his contract or reach some compromise.

Totally agree. Hearts will no doubt pay something and then claim it as some huge morale victory.

heretoday
13-12-2019, 10:06 AM
Am I sick of hearing about Barnsley FC?

Answer: Yes

HoboHarry
13-12-2019, 10:34 AM
Sounds like things behind the scenes are a bit of a hoot. Stendel is having nothing to do with Levein, McPhee, Daly or Liam Fox but they are all still on the payroll.....

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50778706

Bostonhibby
13-12-2019, 11:01 AM
Sounds like things behind the scenes are a bit of a hoot. Stendel is having nothing to do with Levein, McPhee, Daly or Liam Fox but they are all still on the payroll.....

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50778706Some read, I don't know whether to get my money on the People's Front of Judea or the Judean People's Front.

On a more serious note Levein is probably already plotting his return.........

13-12-2019, 11:31 AM
Simple, the relieved him of his duties whilst they decided what action they were taking as a result of his breach of contract or alleged breach of contract.

A bit like potter down tiny way. He’s relieved of his manager duties but is now employed as the janny and general dogs body!

Aye but strangely as soon as a new manager was found the janny got promoted to (half a) Sporting Director. Of course it was just coincidence and nothing to do with it being a reward for him being the one who identified the new manager.

Wouldn't surprise me if it was agreed between AB and CL all along, tell everyone CL is relieved of his duties as manager and DoF. Then on the quiet, he's involved in the process to find a new manager and as soon as they've got someone, make it official that CL is effectively back in his old DoF role, though under a different title. AB making out how difficult a process it was without a DoF guiding her was an Oscar winning performance.

Asking for applications for SD was just a smokescreen, she's been pretty quick to put it on the back burner.

Springbank
13-12-2019, 11:35 AM

That is wild - it is a great read :greengrin

If that was what was happening at Easter Road I would be very worried
Hope the torture continues for that mob all the way through to the winter break:flag:

Coco Bryce
13-12-2019, 02:50 PM
Stendel revealed that he will work with reserve coach Andy Kirk and goalkeeping coach Paul Gallacher but that Austin MacPhee, Jon Daly and Liam Fox will not be part of his first-team backroom staff.

:lolyam::brokenyam::hilarious

The 90+2
13-12-2019, 03:15 PM

He will do as he’s told when they **** up a couple of results and Levein will be in charge as usual.

ancient hibee
13-12-2019, 05:30 PM

That is some read and two of them are going to source new players!