PDA

View Full Version : Dirty Aberdeen

matty_f
09-12-2019, 01:09 PM
Should have fouled more, according to McInnes.

No wonder their team are a bunch of cynical cloggers if this is the instruction from the top.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/latest-hibs-news/derek-mcinnes-aberdeen-players-should-have-fouled-hibs-more-1336240

JimBHibees
09-12-2019, 02:23 PM
Kind of says it all. Thought they were brutal to be honest. The number of overhit passes was unreal. Torture to watch.

matty_f
09-12-2019, 02:45 PM
Kind of says it all. Thought they were brutal to be honest. The number of overhit passes was unreal. Torture to watch.

:agree: For a team that does well, they were really tough to watch.

Why isn't McInnes telling his players to break up play by winning the ball back fairly? Why does it need to be fouls?

This is why it's imperative that refs start dishing cards out early when Aberdeen are playing. If the tactic is to foul, then punish it early doors.

Stokesy's on fire
09-12-2019, 03:12 PM
They have been punching above their weight for long enough.

EI255
09-12-2019, 03:36 PM
Sums the man up for who he is and what he was as a player.

Zero class son.

EI255
09-12-2019, 03:36 PM
They have been punching above their weight for long enough.

Very true.

No one fears Aberdeen nowadays.

staunchhibby
09-12-2019, 03:40 PM
Bunch of cloggers put to the sword on saturday

Jim44
09-12-2019, 03:42 PM
I thought this was going to be a thread about a dusbinmen strike up north but it’s only about that to$$er. Isn’t it odd that, when teams lose quality goals, the fault lies with the inadequacies of their own team and not the brilliance of the opposition.

PeeKay
09-12-2019, 04:12 PM
I thought this was going to be a thread about a dusbinmen strike up north but it’s only about that to$$er. Isn’t it odd that, when teams lose quality goals, the fault lies with the inadequacies of their own team and not the brilliance of the opposition.

McInnes never gives credit to the opposition - unless it's Sevco.

Peevemor
09-12-2019, 04:16 PM
McInnes never gives credit to the opposition - unless it's Sevco.

To be fair he did mention our "quality" up front.

Bishop Hibee
09-12-2019, 04:19 PM
Shinnie used to kick everything in sight. Now they have Ferguson for that. No wonder so many Dons want him sacked.

matty_f
09-12-2019, 04:23 PM
To be fair he did mention our "quality" up front.

And his tactic to deal with quality isn't to have quality defenders, it's to foul. What a guy.

Onion
09-12-2019, 05:31 PM
Should have fouled more, according to McInnes.

No wonder their team are a bunch of cynical cloggers if this is the instruction from the top.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/latest-hibs-news/derek-mcinnes-aberdeen-players-should-have-fouled-hibs-more-1336240

19 fouls and just 1 booking (the other was for simulation) gives McInness and his cloggers the option to foul with impunity. He should be picked up by the SFA for his comments. No manager can be allowed to openly encourage his players to foul opponents !

Billy Whizz
09-12-2019, 05:33 PM
Shinnie used to kick everything in sight. Now they have Ferguson for that. No wonder so many Dons want him sacked.

I agree, but I’d take Ferguson at Hibs in a heartbeat

Onion
09-12-2019, 05:34 PM
:agree: For a team that does well, they were really tough to watch.

Why isn't McInnes telling his players to break up play by winning the ball back fairly? Why does it need to be fouls?

This is why it's imperative that refs start dishing cards out early when Aberdeen are playing. If the tactic is to foul, then punish it early doors.

Correct. Those comments by McInness are a startling admission which goes against the integrity of the game and brings it into disrepute. Astonishing that he said that out aloud :rolleyes:

matty_f
09-12-2019, 05:34 PM
I agree, but I’d take Ferguson at Hibs in a heartbeat

Imagine how good he could be if he was encouraged to play football! :greengrin

staunchhibby
09-12-2019, 05:41 PM
Surely he should be challenged for bringing the game into disrepute with his remarks

BILLYHIBS
09-12-2019, 05:48 PM
Surely he should be challenged for bringing the game into disrepute with his remarks

Over to you Rod

ben johnson
09-12-2019, 05:54 PM
A game against Aberdeen was one of the highlights of the season for me. A bit of quality on show
The last few years have been torture and I was dreading the game on Saturday and expected the usual fouling ,time wasting , theatrics and lenient refereeing
What a joy to be jumping about like a dafty in the West Stand as we took them apart for the second time this season

Jim44
09-12-2019, 06:22 PM
Keep in mind that, while we are going on about dirty tactics and fouling, it would appear there is a school of thought that says that professional fouling is often an admired tactic in the modern game. How often do you hear commentators say ‘.... that was a very good/clever professional foul by .......’.

Peevemor
09-12-2019, 06:30 PM
Think Dave Beaumont/Wayne Foster. Any Hibs supporter who saw that match will say the same thing.

You have to be able to mix it when need be.

BILLYHIBS
09-12-2019, 06:48 PM
I think the game that best sums up the McWinless Aberdeen team to me was the Scottish League Cup Quarter Final at Easter Road a few years back when Neil Lennon was Manager

It was obvious after about ten minutes that they were playing for extra time and penalties

They were up to their old tricks of time wasting rotational fouling asking for our players to get booked trying to con the Ref at every turn how McShinnie never got booked that game is beyond me

We pummelled them 0-0 I think we had about 23 shots on goal our attempts on goal narrowly missing the target or being saved or blocked each time we always seemed to choose the wrong option when a pass to a player in space would have sufficed It was a game ready made for the finishing skills of Jamie MacLaren who was out injured

From a footballing point of view at least they had GMS who was an outlet for them and would take the ball for a walk and at least try and play football

The penalty shoot out was an absolute joke with Joe Lewis at least two feet off his line at every pen

At the post match interview McInnes said it was all part of the master plan and that penalty shoot outs are not a lottery they are a science

I wonder what Ojo made of Saturdays game sitting in the Stand ? :greengrin

Nicho87
09-12-2019, 08:03 PM
As for them wanting £10million for McKenna. Hahahahahahahaha. He was made to look silly on a good few occasions. They’d be doing well getting £2 millions

brog
09-12-2019, 09:47 PM
Think Dave Beaumont/Wayne Foster. Any Hibs supporter who saw that match will say the same thing.

You have to be able to mix it when need be.

It's one thing to do it spontaneously as a one off. It's another when you set out to do it as part of your team strategy. Our lovely neighbours have also routinely employed that tactic.

BILLYHIBS
09-12-2019, 09:49 PM
It's one thing to do it spontaneously as a one off. It's another when you set out to do it as part of your team strategy. Our lovely neighbours have also routinely employed that tactic.

Yip! That’s what worries me about Boxing Day

Boyler is going to tear them apart with his speed

There is only one way to stop him

Winston Ingram
09-12-2019, 10:21 PM
They’re a team of wrestlers

Tynie01011973
10-12-2019, 10:33 AM
Great to see we never took their bait when players were regularly tripped/fouled when the ball was nowhere near them.
Stevie Mallan seemed to be singled out for special treatment off the ball.:flag:

JimBHibees
10-12-2019, 10:37 AM
Great to see we never took their bait when players were regularly tripped/fouled when the ball was nowhere near them.
Stevie Mallan seemed to be singled out for special treatment off the ball.:flag:

Him and Ferguson seemed to have a bit of a feud from the first game at Pittodrie when Ferguson tried to break his leg with a two footer tackle he was sent off for.