PDA

View Full Version : Cross Border Friendly (Tuesday), away v Huddersfield

Billy Whizz
08-12-2019, 02:06 PM
It’s Huddersfield v Hibs Development team this Tuesday. We are away at Huddersfield, 1pm KO. I believe it’s at the Huddersfield training ground.

Maybe a chance for some of our North of England fans, a chance to watch the team

HH81
08-12-2019, 02:46 PM
I plan on going as off work. Got to get to hospital first but aim to be there.

brog
09-12-2019, 08:39 AM
We're also playing Brentford, at Hanwell, the following Tuesday. Hopefully a few from London Hibs make it along. Info is on Brentford site, can't find it on ours!!

Billy Whizz
09-12-2019, 08:58 AM
We're also playing Brentford, at Hanwell, the following Tuesday. Hopefully a few from London Hibs make it along. Info is on Brentford site, can't find it on ours!!

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/fixtures/youth
On here Brog

HH81
10-12-2019, 05:25 AM
Huddersfield have announced no fans allowed-

Huddersfield Town’s Elite Development Team is back in action on Tuesday afternoon, taking on a side from Hibernian at PPG Canalside.

The game is behind-closed-doors due to the development works that are currently taking place at PPG Canalside, but fans will be able to follow updates over on the @htafcacademy Twitter account and read a full match report after the game on htafc.com.

So annoying!

JimBHibees
10-12-2019, 07:00 AM
Huddersfield have announced no fans allowed-

Huddersfield Town’s Elite Development Team is back in action on Tuesday afternoon, taking on a side from Hibernian at PPG Canalside.

The game is behind-closed-doors due to the development works that are currently taking place at PPG Canalside, but fans will be able to follow updates over on the @htafcacademy Twitter account and read a full match report after the game on htafc.com.

So annoying!

Pretty poor that. Forecast looks very poor.

HH81
10-12-2019, 07:18 AM
Pretty poor that. Forecast looks very poor.

The weather down here has been the same for weeks.

A lot of rain and some flooding.

rotherhamrob
10-12-2019, 08:56 AM
Did Brentford not stream the last game on YouTube?
Maybe it's something they do regularly, might be worth keeping an eye out for that next week.

brog
10-12-2019, 11:27 AM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/fixtures/youth
On here Brog

Thanks Billy, it still shows as TBC on our site but Brentford's site shows a 2pm ko at Hanwell Town's ground.

Billy Whizz
10-12-2019, 11:33 AM
Thanks Billy, it still shows as TBC on our site but Brentford's site shows a 2pm ko at Hanwell Town's ground.

Are you going next week Brog, I’ll make a decision later in the week

Brummie_Hibs
10-12-2019, 12:01 PM
I'll be going to Brentford game.

Will probably head to the Mylett Arms for a pint beforehand.

Oscar T Grouch
10-12-2019, 02:51 PM
No updates from @htafcacademy on twitter or from Hibs, assume kick off is later today? No mention of kick off time on HTFC site. Got a client who supports HTFC, so hoping we get a win for bragging rights :greengrin

brog
10-12-2019, 02:51 PM
Are you going next week Brog, I’ll make a decision later in the week

Yes Billy, shd be a few of us there.

brog
10-12-2019, 02:52 PM
I'll be going to Brentford game.

Will probably head to the Mylett Arms for a pint beforehand.

👍

Billy Whizz
10-12-2019, 02:56 PM
Game against Huddersfield been delayed, it’s now a 3.15pm ko
I’ll post team lines in a mo

Oscar T Grouch
10-12-2019, 03:03 PM
Game against Huddersfield been delayed, it’s now a 3.15pm ko
I’ll post team lines in a mo

Thanks for the update.

Billy Whizz
10-12-2019, 03:18 PM
Martin
Block
Sadiki
Stirling
Yates
Trialist
F Murray
Campbell
Shanley
I murray
Gullan

Subs
Woods
Fairley
Leddie
Currie
Galantas

matty_f
10-12-2019, 03:26 PM
Do we know who the trialist is? Is it Reggie that was quoted as being here?

Billy Whizz
10-12-2019, 03:26 PM
Good save from Huddersfield goalie, from a Hammer freekick
Hibs started well, really windy conditions

Stuart93
10-12-2019, 03:27 PM
Do we know who the trialist is? Is it Reggie that was quoted as being here?

Aye, video of him getting off the team bus

Billy Whizz
1-0 Huddersfield

Since452
Interested to see how Mbu Alidor gets on assuming he's the trialist

Billy Whizz
10-12-2019, 03:37 PM
Still 1-0, but Sadiki just had a shot, well saved by the goalie

04Sauzee
10-12-2019, 04:05 PM
Interested to see how Mbu Alidor gets on assuming he's the trialist

Bizarre that the EEN stated that he had been invited to extend his trial, then they ran a story to say Jack Ross didn't expect anything to come off it. Would love to know if it's him playing.

HH81
10-12-2019, 04:15 PM
Even first half. Rain and wind but some good build up play. The keeper for Huddersfield has pulled off a couple of good saves.

SouthMoroccoStu
10-12-2019, 04:39 PM
Any updates

Got a hudd town pal of mine that is giddy at the prospect of a win and I don’t want him to have bragging rights

Billy Whizz
10-12-2019, 04:43 PM
2-0, with 20 mins to go
Hibs have a bit of possession 2nd half, conditions terrible for both teams

HH81
10-12-2019, 05:01 PM
The amount of money involved on this pitch is crazy.

SouthMoroccoStu
10-12-2019, 05:07 PM
The amount of money involved on this pitch is crazy.

Aye?

The Modfather
10-12-2019, 05:38 PM
Martin
Block
Sadiki
Stirling
Yates
Trialist
F Murray
Campbell
Shanley
I murray
Gullan

Subs
Woods
Fairley
Leddie
Currie
Galantas

Not based solely on today, but who has the best chance of making the breakthrough at Hibs from that squad? Murray we all know about and hope he kicks on, but would it be fair to assume Stirling & Campbell given they featured in pre season?

HH81
10-12-2019, 06:25 PM
Aye?

Huddersfield players who signed on premiership wages are toss.

truehibernian
10-12-2019, 06:27 PM
Not based solely on today, but who has the best chance of making the breakthrough at Hibs from that squad? Murray we all know about and hope he kicks on, but would it be fair to assume Stirling & Campbell given they featured in pre season?

I know people's opinion differ but as yet I don't see it with Fraser Murray - good technical player but weak physically (which admittedly can be worked on). I think he desperately needs a loan and some first team football to develop. One thing he has is a terrific attitude and really hope we get him out on loan in the window to see how he does.

For me it would be Jamie Gullan - has great strikers instinct and reminds me a little of Jason Cummings - scores a variety of goals and works really hard off the ball. Sadiki is a bit one paced but he is an absolute unit and up close he is not someone you'd want to play against. I'd say those two are the closest (for me). Both also have the physical attributes that could see them slot into the first team squad no problem.

Followed young Yrick and Paddy Martin since they were youngsters and I'd love them to make it - Paddy is a lovely lad and Hibs through and through - again, Yrik's weakness is his physique (and Paddy's to an extent). Yrick was/is a lovely footballer. :aok:

HH81
10-12-2019, 08:45 PM
My above post is poor.

Anyway onto the game today. I thought Hibs competed well first half and should have scored where the Huddersfield keeper made a good save.

I feel as a whole the game was quite even but the 2nd goal was the killer. I liked the look of the new lad on trail he looked decent in the time he was on the pitch.

It rained pretty much all game and was soaked. Decent set up at Huddersfield and they are doing building work.

Was good to see the team and I thought it was a decent performance throughout. Thanks again to the gents who helped me get into the game. 👍

erin go bragh
10-12-2019, 09:13 PM
My above post is poor.

Anyway onto the game today. I thought Hibs competed well first half and should have scored where the Huddersfield keeper made a good save.

I feel as a whole the game was quite even but the 2nd goal was the killer. I liked the look of the new lad on trail he looked decent in the time he was on the pitch.

It rained pretty much all game and was soaked. Decent set up at Huddersfield and they are doing building work.

Was good to see the team and I thought it was a decent performance throughout. Thanks again to the gents who helped me get into the game. 👍
Cheers for the report bud . Do you know the name of the boy on trial? ( which position was he playing?)

Billy Whizz
10-12-2019, 09:23 PM
Cheers for the report bud . Do you know the name of the boy on trial? ( which position was he playing?)

It’s not who you think it is😜

Hermit Crab
10-12-2019, 09:29 PM

Who is it then?

bingo70
10-12-2019, 09:38 PM

So it’s not the guy the Scotsman were reporting last week?

Peevemor
10-12-2019, 09:56 PM
So it’s not the guy the Scotsman were reporting last week?"It won’t be Alidor who comes in though but Ross says that the depth in CDM quality is something he may look at.

“Not as things stand,” Ross said after the 3-0 win over Aberdeen. “I think it was something that was arranged prior to me coming as well. I was happy to honour that in terms of him coming in. It’s maybe not the exact what we are looking for at the moment."

https://www.nottheoldfirm.com/interview/jack-ross-provides-update-on-hibs-trialist-alidor/

04Sauzee
10-12-2019, 10:17 PM

Who do you think i think it is 😁
If you tell me who it was I'll tell you if that's who i was thinking 🤔😜

Gmack7
10-12-2019, 10:34 PM
Was Calum Yates playing LB? how did he play?

Unseen work
11-12-2019, 12:16 PM
Anyone know how Reginald Alidor got on? The video hibs posted was 100% him getting off the bus.

sean04
11-12-2019, 03:29 PM
Anyone know how Reginald Alidor got on? The video hibs posted was 100% him getting off the bus.

Got subbed in the 57min. Prob agreed beforehand to play an hour

bingo70
11-12-2019, 03:32 PM

Poster above that was there said he did well.

He also said it wasn’t the same guy though.

Billy Whizz
11-12-2019, 04:17 PM
Who do you think i think it is 😁
If you tell me who it was I'll tell you if that's who i was thinking 🤔😜

I was told it wasn’t him, can only say what was said

HH81
11-12-2019, 06:57 PM

No his name wasn't given to me. Midfield broke the play up well and passed it about a bit.

HH81
12-12-2019, 05:58 AM
Huddersfield Town’s Elite Development Team produced an assured performance under testing conditions to beat Hibernian 2-0 in a behind-closed-doors friendly at PPG Canalside on Tuesday afternoon.

Micah Obiero scored once either side of half-time as four First Team players were in action for Leigh Bromby’s side on a wet and windy afternoon at PPG Canalside.

Both sides battled to control possession in the opening exchanges, but it was the visitors who manufactured the first significant chance of the match. Jamie Gullan’s dipping free-kick forced an outstanding save out of Town goalkeeper Nicholas Bilokapic, who dived to his right and got a firm fist to the ball to deny Hibernian from scoring an early opener.

Town responded positively by creating an opportunity of their own courtesy of an exquisite pass by Reece Brown. After receiving the ball on halfway, Brown turned excellently before playing a perfectly executed pass over the top of the Hibs back line to release Kit Elliott. The striker dribbled into the penalty area, but he was closed down quickly and had his shot blocked.

Town enjoyed a period of sustained pressure and they were rewarded for their persistence going forward when they took the lead through Obiero. Adama Diakhaby purposefully drove forward and slipped in Obiero before being brought down cynically in the final third of the pitch. The referee played advantage, however, and Obiero poked past the on-rushing goalkeeper to give Town the advantage.

Bromby’s side were put under pressure during spells of the match as the visitors searched for an equaliser. Hibs captain Fraser Murray delivered an out swinging free-kick into a dangerous area which was flicked on towards the back post by Gullan. The ball fell to the feet of Kosovar Sadiki who was unable to convert past Bilokapic from close range.

Moments later, Gullan looked threatening again when he burst into the area, but Nassim Kherbouche produced an excellent piece of defending to block his effort.

Town began to dominate the proceedings and extended their advantage in the second half through Obiero, who doubled his personal tally for the afternoon. Adama Diakhaby combined well with the forward who sprinted through the Hibs defence and finished emphatically into the bottom left corner of the net.

Huddersfield Town EDT side (4-2-3-1)

Nicholas Bilokapic; Will McCamley, Nassim Kherbouche, Terence Kongolo, Ilounga Pata; Reece Brown, Tim Akinola (Aaron Rowe, 45’); Micah Obiero, Isaac Mbenza, Adama Diakhaby (Isaac Marriott, 45’); Kit Elliott (Trialist, 55’)

HH81
12-12-2019, 06:04 AM
The lad who wrote that (uni student from Derby) was very complementary about the Hibs side on the day and recognised Huddersfield had a stronger side out.

sambajustice
12-12-2019, 07:47 AM
My mate who is a Terriers season ticket holder said they had nearly £40m worth of players on the pitch in this friendly!

HH81
12-12-2019, 07:54 AM
My mate who is a Terriers season ticket holder said they had nearly £40m worth of players on the pitch in this friendly!

Correct. Their centre back I was told cost around 17 million.