PDA

View Full Version : John Potter

Ardenttwo
07-12-2019, 10:12 PM
Love his passion and drive for our players. Really gets the players up for it. Got stuck into Mcinnes after only 5 minutes don’t know what the spat was about but certainly gave the Aberdeen manager both barrels

Vault Boy
07-12-2019, 10:14 PM
I noticed he was straight over to put an arm around Marciano after the game to lead him up the tunnel and have a chat. Clearly it's been a tough old time for Ofir so it's good to see some very direct man management from JP.

CloudSquall
07-12-2019, 10:18 PM
I think he'll be the next John Doolan who'll love the Hibs.

givescotlandfreedom
07-12-2019, 10:34 PM
Never leaves the fourth official alone. I like to see that - Mark Venus was always good for that.

Gloucester Hibs
07-12-2019, 10:45 PM
Never leaves the fourth official alone. I like to see that - Mark Venus was always good for that.

Great to see. No bad thing to give the impression of an underlying sense of injustice. Marginal gains and aw that.

Ideally the Hibs way is to not bother with all that nonsense and take the high road, but all the wee things add up to a big thing over time IMO

givescotlandfreedom
07-12-2019, 10:57 PM
Great to see. No bad thing to give the impression of an underlying sense of injustice. Marginal gains and aw that.

Ideally the Hibs way is to not bother with all that nonsense and take the high road, but all the wee things add up to a big thing over time IMO

Agreed. I'd like to see us a bit more streetwise when it comes to moaning at refs for decisions and stealing yards (we often take set pieces further back than they even should be).

Jim44
07-12-2019, 11:32 PM
I get the feeling that JR and JP really get Hibs.

FilipinoHibs
08-12-2019, 12:55 AM

Yes we are a big club with great traditions and huge potential. A club with passionate fans who hurt so bad when things are not going well. We bleed green and white.

BILLYHIBS
08-12-2019, 04:32 AM
Yes we are a big club with great traditions and huge potential. A club with passionate fans who hurt so bad when things are not going well. We bleed green and white.

:agree:

Ardenttwo
08-12-2019, 08:13 AM

Its fantastic to see the two working together in the technical area. It’s like good guy bad guy. John does the shouting and gesticulating while Ross just seems to let him get on with it. Bet the fourth official was glad to hear the final whistle yesterday. At times I was watching them rather than the game

Eyrie
08-12-2019, 09:51 AM
Agreed. I'd like to see us a bit more streetwise when it comes to moaning at refs for decisions and stealing yards (we often take set pieces further back than they even should be).

I saw Porteous do just that in the second half. He managed to throw the ball about ten yards (a full cut of the grass) ahead of where the foul should have been taken from, and got away with it.

What made it even better was that the referee had made Aberdeen move the ball back about one yard earlier in the second half.

Dashing Bob S
08-12-2019, 12:40 PM
Liking the cut of 'Pansy's' jib.