PDA

View Full Version : Referee

Fergus52
07-12-2019, 07:58 PM
Just wanted to give some well deserved praise to today's ref. Best performance I've seen at ER in a long long time.

Aside from taking abuse from Ferguson without booking him I think he got everything spot on today. Unlike every other ref in scotland he did not let Aberdeen players away with niggling fouls and diving.

Not to take away from our performance but was a big part in the win IMO - we usually struggle big time against the dons due to poor reffing.

HibbyAndy
07-12-2019, 07:59 PM
The best we have had in a long Long time at Easter Rd

Vault Boy
07-12-2019, 08:01 PM
Agree with this, thought he was consistent and didn't let Aberdeen get away with the small fouls that they have in the past.

Ferguson was probably lucky to stay on the park, but that's more about his conduct than anything.

BILLYHIBS
07-12-2019, 08:02 PM
Just wanted to give some well deserved praise to today's ref. Best performance I've seen at ER in a long long time.

Aside from taking abuse from Ferguson without booking him I think he got everything spot on today. Unlike every other ref in scotland he did not let Aberdeen players away with niggling fouls and diving.

Not to take away from our performance but was a big part in the win IMO - we usually struggle big time against the dons due to poor reffing.

Took his time to book the first Sheep and West Stand Lino needs to read the offside rule

But yes you are correct Aberdeen have been pulling the wool over the eyes of officialdom for years and have been getting away with it :greengrin

matty_f
07-12-2019, 08:08 PM
Should have got the card out sooner but other than that he had a good game.

MWHIBBIES
07-12-2019, 08:11 PM
Poor first half, finally started booking them before someone got hurt. Very good 2nd.

Always though if we got a ref who clamped down on their dirty play we'd win easily. 2nd half showed that.

B.H.F.C
07-12-2019, 08:14 PM
Poor first half, finally started booking them before someone got hurt. Very good 2nd.

Always though if we got a ref who clamped down on their dirty play we'd win easily. 2nd half showed that.

Only booking in the second half was for a dive. Never clamped down on anything.

Fuzzywuzzy
07-12-2019, 08:26 PM
The stand side lines person seemed to be ****ting it to make a decision and missed several that they could have made. Always seemed to want to be guided by the ref

Bobby's Cinema
07-12-2019, 08:37 PM
He was less niggly that Clancy and booked someone for diving unlike Beaton, an improvement on recent weeks probably.

hibby6270
07-12-2019, 09:59 PM
At first he seemed very fussy that throw-ins and free kicks had to be taken from the exact spot they occurred. To be fair he was like that with both teams. Yes - he was maybe a bit lenient with their persistent fouling bringing no yellow cards when justified but he made it quite clear when it was ‘last chance’.

Checking his record over last few seasons, he’s mainly reffed lower league and minor cup games. First Premiership game was last game of last season. He’s had 3 others this season but today was probably his biggest Prem game to date. So, for that and the pressure he’d probably feel under, he did do remarkably well all told.

Green Man
07-12-2019, 10:19 PM
At first he seemed very fussy that throw-ins and free kicks had to be taken from the exact spot they occurred. To be fair he was like that with both teams. Yes - he was maybe a bit lenient with their persistent fouling bringing no yellow cards when justified but he made it quite clear when it was ‘last chance’.

Checking his record over last few seasons, he’s mainly reffed lower league and minor cup games. First Premiership game was last game of last season. He’s had 3 others this season but today was probably his biggest Prem game to date. So, for that and the pressure he’d probably feel under, he did do remarkably well all told.

Throw ins particularly, when a team steals about 10 yards, annoy me when you never see referees doing anything about it. Fair play to the guy for sticking to it.

I_Love_Latapy
07-12-2019, 10:20 PM

Agree. Thought he was good. Consistent and not prone to the ‘it’s all about me’ syndrome unlike some ...

Glory Lurker
07-12-2019, 10:29 PM
Poor Aberdeen fans. They hate Celtic and Rangers because they get away with murder, but today the Dons didn’t get away with their usual murder.

Also, has anyone the slightest clue what “stand free” means?

joebakerforever
07-12-2019, 11:58 PM
He's the first ref I can recall that consistently clamped down on McInnes's holding & shirt tugging tactics that they always employ against us.

Think they thought because he was a small youngish guy, that by surrounding him to dispute his decisions, particularly Ferguson, he would be intimidated and eventually let them get away with it,

McInnes & Docherty tried bullying him as well, so well done to Colin Steven for ignoring their collective aggression :aok:

Fuzzywuzzy
08-12-2019, 06:33 AM
Poor Aberdeen fans. They hate Celtic and Rangers because they get away with murder, but today the Dons didn’t get away with their usual murder.

Also, has anyone the slightest clue what “stand free” means?

See 'We Are The People'

Bishop Hibee
08-12-2019, 07:07 AM
I thought he could have booked a few more of their players for persistent fouling . They are the dirtiest side I’ve seen at ER for a while and at least he pulled them up for it.