PDA

View Full Version : Hearts are crass...

Hakim Sar
07-12-2019, 06:48 PM
... cringeqorthy and full of their own very weird middle class Edinburgh self importance.

That statement just had to mention Jack Ross didn't it?

I don't think another club in the world has such weird rivals?

Anyone else think Hearts are plain weird?

Weegreenman
07-12-2019, 06:51 PM
They are a dull wee club from the dullest part of the toon.

Pretty Boy
07-12-2019, 06:52 PM
They are like that ex that claims to hate you but still watches everything you do on social media and passes comment about what you are doing with your life.

Obsessive oddballs as a club and as people.

Jim44
07-12-2019, 06:55 PM
They are like that ex that claims to hate you but still watches everything you do on social media and passes comment about what you are doing with your life.

Obsessive oddballs as a club and as people.

I hear they are going to rename us as Benchmark FC. :greengrin

neil7908
07-12-2019, 06:56 PM
Wow that is Sevco levels of embarrassing.

They should concentrate more on the current table for the league they are in as it's pretty grim viewing for them.

Hermit Crab
07-12-2019, 06:57 PM
If that was Hibs releasing that statement we'd be lapping it up like a cat getting its cream. Let it go.

SaulGoodman
07-12-2019, 06:59 PM
If that was Hibs releasing that statement we'd be lapping it up like a cat getting its cream. Let it go.

If Hibs released that statement after losing today, being joint bottom of the league while Hearts had just won 3-0 against Aberdeen it would be getting slaughtered on here just the same.

iwasthere1972
07-12-2019, 07:00 PM
What did they say?

PeeKay
07-12-2019, 07:02 PM
If Hibs released that statement after losing today, being joint bottom of the league while Hearts had just won 3-0 against Aberdeen it would be getting slaughtered on here just the same. :agree:

But I doubt Hibs ever would release such a statement. I believe we have more class than that.

Hermit Crab
07-12-2019, 07:03 PM
What did they say?

Its a slight dig at JR. Nothing to get upset about imo. Dressing room wall stuff.

Hakim Sar
07-12-2019, 07:06 PM

I don't think I would. Can only speak for myself of course. My love for hibs is not quantified by my "hate" for hearts. I like how our club focus on us and our own actions and activities without resorting to petty one-upmanship.

And it IS petty what they have included in their statement tonight. Symptomatic of their obsession with status and importance.

Aldo
07-12-2019, 07:08 PM
Thing is in all this... we wouldn’t have put a statement like that out. It’s should have been all about the incoming manager with no mention of anyone else.

Further to this there is one almighty lie in it all.... their No1 target.... REALLY.

I give you Derek Adams!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HFC93
07-12-2019, 07:09 PM

I would be embarrassed.

dalkeith stu
07-12-2019, 07:10 PM
What did they say?

Having been relegated prior to his arrival, Daniel immediately turned round their fortunes, leading the Oakwell outfit to a second-placed finish ahead of Jack Ross’ Sunderland, and securing promotion back to the Championship at the first time of asking. He left them in October of this year.

I think a 16 year old writes their statements!!

Since452
Hearts need to mention anything to do with Hibs to keep themselves relevant

Billy Whizz
Its a slight dig at JR. Nothing to get upset about imo. Dressing room wall stuff.

Sorry it isn’t. Why do they have to mention Jack Ross in their announcement. Seems like Craigieboy wrote it!

04Sauzee
Did Craig Levein write that statement. What a ****ing embarrassing club they are

weecounty hibby
07-12-2019, 07:11 PM
1st choice my arse. Adams and Ross. Also interviews McCall and McCann before him and let's not forget Robinson at Motherwell. He is a panic 4th/5th choice and I hope he rinses them for hundreds of thousands before he gets sacked by continuing his form of this season. Total Muppets

CloudSquall
07-12-2019, 07:12 PM

The levels you go to defend all things Hearts are cringy beyond belief, if it's just a wind up it's sad as ****.

3pm
07-12-2019, 07:22 PM
Does crass mean pricks?

Kojock
07-12-2019, 07:28 PM
It’s a shocking statement but nothing less than I expect from them. They really are a sad bunch. There was no need to mention Jack Ross other than to play to the Jambo clowns. All that was required was,

Having been relegated prior to his arrival, Daniel immediately turned round their fortunes, leading the Oakwell outfit to a second-placed finish securing promotion back to the Championship at the first time of asking.

neil7908
07-12-2019, 07:29 PM

I don't see anyone getting upset on here, just laughing at how petty they are.

Keith_M
07-12-2019, 07:31 PM
What a pathetic little club

Sir David Gray
07-12-2019, 07:36 PM
How obsessed do you need to be to come out with a statement like that? :faf:

Bostonhibby
07-12-2019, 07:39 PM
All very sevconian, deflection from the real issues and the good doctor will get away with it again which is pleasing. They've learnt nothing from the Romanov era.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Jim44
07-12-2019, 07:41 PM
The time to have a good dig at your opponents is when you are in a position of strength. For God’s sake, those muppets are championing a team of losers, in danger of being relegated, have had to reluctantly and subserviently bow to the demands of an unknown Messiah and his greedy former club. But still they try to belittle Hibs, a team towering way above them in the League. Their timing is sad and embarrassing. :greengrin

Dolce7
07-12-2019, 07:41 PM
Thing is in all this... we wouldn’t have put a statement like that out. It’s should have been all about the incoming manager with no mention of anyone else.

Further to this there is one almighty lie in it all.... their No1 target.... REALLY.

I give you Derek Adams!

the statement doesn’t even mention hibs it just so happens to be Jack Ross is our manager I genuinely
don’t believe any malice was intended we are all becoming over sensitive after
all we are rivals

Kojock
07-12-2019, 07:47 PM
the statement doesn’t even mention hibs it just so happens to be Jack Ross is our manager I genuinely
all we are rivals

Really??

HibbyAndy
07-12-2019, 07:48 PM
Cringe

3 seasons below hibs on the trot

GIFRUY

Aldo
07-12-2019, 07:48 PM
all we are rivals

Tell me why would you refer to your local rivals new manager (who happened to be interviewed for the very job) when announcing a new manager.

Think what you like but this was intended as a wee sly dig to try and appease their hordes following another defeat.

Btw It doesn’t mention Hibs but what team does Jack Ross manage... o asking that for a friend!

Pretty Boy
07-12-2019, 07:51 PM
To be fair to Budge her punctuation and use of paragraphs seems to be improving so that deserves some credit.

Jim44
07-12-2019, 07:52 PM
all we are rivals

Sorry but I think this is nonsense. I can’t think of any other club who would make reference to the manager of their main opponents when announcing the appointment of a new manager. Wee team mentality.

The 90+2
07-12-2019, 07:54 PM
They actually mentioned Jack Ross 😂😂😂😂 what a pathetic bunch of fannies.

mca
07-12-2019, 07:54 PM
Glad Hibs don't act like that.. That's totally Embarrassing and Cringeworthy..

To release something like that then i reckon JR must have really annoyed someone.. :greengrin

truehibernian
07-12-2019, 07:55 PM
all we are rivals

You're right..........however they omitted the "Daniel looks forward to trying to beat Jack's side at the third attempt after having never beaten his sides previously" :greengrin:aok:

Malice, no - devilment and unnecessary - yes. Bad news day at Tynie, 10 points behind, another defeat away from home, bottom of the league = have a wee dig at Hibs :aok:

Hope we pump them on Boxing Day :giruy2:

The 90+2
07-12-2019, 07:56 PM
all we are rivals

Why would they mention Jack Ross? 😂😂😂😂. Why didn’t they mention he took over at Barnsley after Hecky left to go to Leeds and done a much ****ter job than him?

Dolce7
07-12-2019, 07:58 PM
Tell me why would you refer to your local rivals new manager (who happened to be interviewed for the very job) when announcing a new manager.

Think what you like but this was intended as a wee sly dig to try and appease their hordes following another defeat.

Btw It doesn’t mention Hibs but what team does Jack Ross manage... o asking that for a friend!

because he managed the team who beat Sunderland to second spot in the league
Just a figure of speech which is often used e.g. Jack Ross hibs as I
said before I don’t think there is anything in this but I respect
other people’s views and some are more sensitive than others

Kato
07-12-2019, 07:58 PM
If that was Hibs releasing that statement we'd be lapping it up like a cat getting its cream. Let it go.This says a lot about yourself and barely anything about the "we" you think you speak for. You don't know much about hibs either if you think they'd announce a new manager like that.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Dolce7
07-12-2019, 08:00 PM
This says a lot about yourself and barely anything about the "we" you think you speak for. You don't know much about hibs either if you think they'd announce a new manager like that.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

spot on

HFC93
07-12-2019, 08:00 PM

Just a a figure of speech haha.

Aldo
07-12-2019, 08:04 PM

You seem to be the only one who doesn’t see it.

No malice but points to win over the hordes. Simple and classless. No need but they just had to.

You can think what you want but to say there isn’t anything is incorrect imho! Budgie and co know exactly what they were doing!

The 90+2
07-12-2019, 08:06 PM

**** off 😂😂 why wouldn’t they just say Sunderland? They made it personal with their former coach and trying to act like the big team to appease their weirdo fans.

NC1875
07-12-2019, 08:06 PM
They’ve just been beaten. AGAIN.

They are simply playing up to the simpletons who are most likely lapping it up.

Budge promised a big name and they’ve went all out and brought in a guy who’s been a failure in his only 2 managerial jobs.

The 90+2
07-12-2019, 08:14 PM
“Daniel is unavailable for comment just now because Craig is translating the wee red book to him from 1999 to help get him up to speed with Scottish football”

WestCoastHibby
07-12-2019, 08:14 PM
Puerile stuff

Dolce7
07-12-2019, 08:15 PM
**** off 😂😂 why wouldn’t they just say Sunderland? They made it personal with their former coach and trying to act like the big team to appease their weirdo fans.

we all have a difference of opinion but don’t lower the tone of this forum
with the swearing and before you come out with a smart reply I am
not over sensitive

Jonnyboy
07-12-2019, 08:16 PM
all we are rivals

:faf:

It's the sort of thing you'd here a primary school kid saying in the playground

Dolce7
07-12-2019, 08:18 PM

perhaps

07-12-2019, 08:23 PM
Hasn't that always been the hearts way though? When things aren't going well and their fans are starting to get restless, get in a good wee dig at hibs to get the tramps back onside. Typical tactics to arse sook their pathetic fan base.

Cringeworthy stuff but really nothing unsurprising from that creepy bunch. Losers :na na:

Dolce7
07-12-2019, 08:28 PM

perhaps

The 90+2
07-12-2019, 08:28 PM
we all have a difference of opinion but don’t lower the tone of this forum
with the swearing and before you come out with a smart reply I am
not over sensitive

Apologies for swearing at you Dolce. You’re either at it or extremely naive and sheltered though. It’s from the “natural order” and “all just a good laugh” handbook from the team miles behind us bottom of the table.

The 90+2
07-12-2019, 08:31 PM
Hasn't that always been the hearts way though? When things aren't going well and their fans are starting to get restless, get in a good wee dig at hibs to get the tramps back onside. Typical tactics to arse sook their pathetic fan base.

Cringeworthy stuff but really nothing unsurprising from that creepy bunch. Losers :na na:

Did we mention Jack promoting St Mirren ahead of Hopkins Livingston or Dundee Utd who had a much bigger budget was it completely irrelevant? Just a turn of phrase though 😂😂

hibbyfraelibby
07-12-2019, 08:32 PM
Imagine if Hibs had issued the statement..."Our new manager is announced as Jack Ross who we signed up from under the noses of our city rivals who now appear to be pinning their hopes on some German guy from Barnsley who failed to win League 1 and was sacked from his last two jobs."

The 90+2
07-12-2019, 08:32 PM
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5040724/hearts-daniel-stendel-hibs-jack-ross/

Ten points - shhhsh

DaveF
07-12-2019, 08:34 PM
Basement dwelling fuds resort to cheap dig at Hibs following yet another defeat. They are hurting bad :-D

SaulGoodman
07-12-2019, 08:34 PM
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5040724/hearts-daniel-stendel-hibs-jack-ross/

Ten points - shhhsh

About as subtle as a smack in the puss.

Dolce7
07-12-2019, 08:35 PM
Apologies for swearing at you Dolce. You’re either at it or extremely naive and sheltered though. It’s from the “natural order” and “all just a good laugh” handbook from the team miles behind us bottom of the table.

apology accepted I respect you being big enough to do this good on you

The 90+2
07-12-2019, 08:35 PM
apology accepted I respect you being big enough to do this good on you

Thanks 👍

Real Emerald
07-12-2019, 08:36 PM
Jack Ross needs no other incentive to give them a right good ramming. Their unheard of new next best thing manager, the German Cathro and sacked Barnsley manager bleeding them dry. Delusional mutants 😂😂

Onion
07-12-2019, 08:39 PM
A club that needs to reassure itself by constantly droning on about how much better, bigger, richer it is than another club has wee man syndrome and a unhealthy level of Obsession. They're already preparing the ground for the new manager who's career at Ya Ya Land will be shaped solely on how de does against the Mighty Hibees :greengrin

NORTHERNHIBBY
07-12-2019, 08:40 PM
I would let it go. After all, there are no better experts for second place finishes.

Jim44
07-12-2019, 08:40 PM
Pin up the Jambo announcement on the dressing room door and tell every player to read it every match day.

The 90+2
07-12-2019, 08:55 PM
Pin up the Jambo announcement on the dressing room door and tell every player to read it every match day.

Hearts will have it pinned up on the dressing room door next season too - he can get a team promoted after all.

chrisski33
07-12-2019, 08:58 PM
Wtf? Sorry don't see what the fuss is about their statement. Let them rot. Fk em so ignore!

Jim44
07-12-2019, 09:02 PM
Hearts will have it pinned up on the dressing room door next season too - he can get a team promoted after all.

Promoted from the bottom six to top six? :greengrin Maybe, if he’s still with them.

h1bs4life
07-12-2019, 09:06 PM
Dr Queen Budge can do and say what she wants to the trumpets and they lap it up.
Around £17 million pounds for a single tier stand that 1st of all they forgot to order the seats for and then the architect forgot there was a police box in the way
A press box that everyone gets soaked when it rains and directors exit that they had / used to have to share with the trumpets to go for their prawn sandwiches.
Thats what really big and really famous clubs do. Contracts to her brother worth £6 million with more to come which at least went out to proper tender and the board decided there was no conflict of interest anyway Accounts that show in profit only after benefactors contribution. Relieving her right hand man of his duties but asking him to show the new prespective manager round the world famous stadium and the rented training facillites. Spending a fortune on the pitch thats now looks like a ploughed field but they won a trophy for having a concert on it which no doubt will be added to their list of honours in the same way they did after winning the tennents sixes in 1985. They had hang Anne Budge banners but now they have announced the recuirtment of there 3rd choice manager who doesn't really want to be here on a massive 2 1/2 contract just after after another defeat where they were lucky to get nil , they mention
Jack Ross in the official statement and everything is now Well Done Anne Budge
no doubt she could announce they are remploying Dr Football as sporting director and they would lap it up.

The 90+2
07-12-2019, 09:46 PM
Promoted from the bottom six to top six? :greengrin Maybe, if he’s still with them.

:greengrin

Eyrie
07-12-2019, 10:14 PM
I can only think of one reason why they had to mention Ross.

And that is that Hearts wanted him and didn't get him.

Hibs90
07-12-2019, 10:15 PM
Did it also mention that Stendel's Barnsley failed to beat Jack Ross' Sunderland?

:wink:

FRes Hibbie
07-12-2019, 10:22 PM
A sly (not very) dig. Who cares?

FilipinoHibs
08-12-2019, 01:08 AM

They did not even have to mention Sunderland. All they had to say was he won promotion from league 1. Mentioning Sunderland and Ross is a small minded dig at us.

Imagine if we said : Ross is considering us after rejecting approaches from other clubs including Hearts.

esjorto
08-12-2019, 01:52 AM
Mentioning Sunderland and Ross is a small minded dig at us.

Pettiness at its worse

GreenLake
08-12-2019, 02:20 AM
I hope this guy lives up to their expectations as well as Cathro

147lothian
08-12-2019, 02:38 AM
They interviewed at least 5 candidates before giving it out after 5 weeks they say they got their target, that's crass.
They fired mr medals 4-6-0 with no one lined up to take over, that's crass.
They release a statement that's a dig at a candidate they clearly wanted, after they lost and we won, that's just crass!

SouthMoroccoStu
08-12-2019, 06:28 AM
Having been relegated prior to his arrival, Daniel immediately turned round their fortunes, leading the Oakwell outfit to a second-placed finish and securing promotion back to the Championship at the first time of asking. He left them in October of this year.

There

Fixed it for them.

Big question, simple answer - would they have mentioned Jack Ross if he was still at Sunderland or managing anyone else bar their city rivals?

No chance

ToulouseHibs
08-12-2019, 07:24 AM
Absolutely 100% hearts having a wee go at Hibs to appease the ogres in a moment of crisis. 100% typical of hearts and one of the many reasons why I love to hate our smelly classless neighbours. Having our main rivalry with Livingston just wouldn't be the same. :)

Bangkok Hibby
08-12-2019, 07:33 AM
There

Fixed it for them.

Big question, simple answer - would they have mentioned Jack Ross if he was still at Sunderland or managing anyone else bar their city rivals?

No chance

Absolutely correct. For those who still think there was nothing in it read this.

heretoday
08-12-2019, 08:00 AM
It's all banter. Big deal. Wait till the next derby and sort things out for real.

Cataplana
08-12-2019, 08:10 AM
File alongside Natural Order. A clumsy attempt at banter that now has to be backed up on the pitch.

Stendl has a lot more work to do at that basket case of a club, than Jack Ross does at Hibs

It's going to be three seasons on the bounce above them.

Eyrie
08-12-2019, 09:48 AM
There

Fixed it for them.

No chance
The subtle approach would have been to mention he got "automatic promotion ahead of such teams as Portsmouth, Sunderland and Coventry".

But they can't do subtlety at the Tiny PBS because the audience isn't intelligent enough to spot anything other than the blindingly obvious.

Baader
08-12-2019, 10:05 AM

No we wouldn't. Hibs wouldnt put out a statement like that. Hibernian FC has class which is why we support them. That lot are a joke.

Hibernia&Alba
08-12-2019, 10:12 AM
They are the football equivalent of having a stalker. They always brag about their derby record and how they are the bigger club, yet are wracked with insecurity about Hibs. I think they protest their superiority too much.

Bostonhibby
08-12-2019, 10:18 AM
The subtle approach would have been to mention he got "automatic promotion ahead of such teams as Portsmouth, Sunderland and Coventry".

But they can't do subtlety at the Tiny PBS because the audience isn't intelligent enough to spot anything other than the blindingly obvious.Indeed, these are folk who think they've got a glass curtain and a view of the castle.

She distracted them before by saying they'd have chips available in the new megastand FFS. [emoji16]

Eyrie
08-12-2019, 10:22 AM
Indeed, these are folk who think they've got a glass curtain and a view of the castle.

She distracted them before by saying they'd have chips available in the new megastand FFS. [emoji16]

They're easily distracted by what she tells them. After yesterday's statement, the Hearts support were probably insisting their sisters wear an "Ann Budge" mask in bed last night.

Bostonhibby
08-12-2019, 10:25 AM
They're easily distracted by what she tells them. After yesterday's statement, the Hearts support were probably insisting their sisters wear an "Ann Budge" mask in bed last night.Personally I think she should have just got all 400,000 of them to chase a squirrel round Saughton Park whilst her and the omni present former manager decide what to do next with the donations.

Hibeesmad
08-12-2019, 10:27 AM
They are the football equivalent of having a stalker. They always brag about their derby record and how they are the bigger club, yet are wracked with insecurity about Hibs. I think they protest their superiority too much.

Couldn’t have put it better myself

tanfield
08-12-2019, 10:31 AM
They also mentioned that they had got their number one target in which I thought was a bit weird. Why mention it unless of course he wasn't their number one target...😂😂

Weegreenman
08-12-2019, 10:43 AM
What a pathetic little club. I genuinely thought Budge would have more class than this.
It just goes to show what a desperate state they are in.

Can we please have the same performance against them on Boxing Day as one we had yesterday against Aberdeen.

We are due them a right going over.

Sir David Gray
08-12-2019, 10:46 AM
They also mentioned that they had got their number one target in which I thought was a bit weird. Why mention it unless of course he wasn't their number one target...😂😂

Of course he wasn't their number one target. Have you ever heard of a club taking more than 5 weeks to appoint their number one candidate as manager?

Since452
08-12-2019, 10:48 AM
all we are rivals

Why would they need to mention Jack Ross? Absolutely delibererate to appease their fans

Diclonius
08-12-2019, 10:54 AM
They've certainly achieved what they set out to do with that comment, which was to wind us up.

tanfield
08-12-2019, 11:10 AM
Of course he wasn't their number one target. Have you ever heard of a club taking more than 5 weeks to appoint their number one candidate as manager?

Exactly!👍

08-12-2019, 11:21 AM
The statement has Levein's fingerprints all over it. Officially he's only in charge of the academy, though unofficially one of his many other roles is PR.

Cataplana
08-12-2019, 11:24 AM
The statement has Levein's fingerprints all over it. Officially he's only in charge of the academy, though unofficially one of his many other roles is PR.

They should ask for a refund.

08-12-2019, 11:27 AM
They've certainly achieved what they set out to do with that comment, which was to wind us up.

I don't think they've wound us up at all. All they've done is handed us an opportunity to point out how petty and small minded they are and how gullible they think their own fans are. In the past few years Levein has repeatedly come out with snide comments aimed at us and others designed to appease their fans and to deflect away from how bad a job he and Budge were doing. It worked, they lapped it up and Levein stayed in power for a lot longer than he should have, resulting in the mess they're in now. Stendel will need to produce a Christmas miracle to quickly turn them around before the fans are on his case.

Onion
08-12-2019, 11:48 AM

Don't see any evidence of that. Like many things, the more you do something the less credibility and effect it has. They come across as petty, weird, small and obsessed. It would be a better "wind-up" if they started to ignore us ... but then they'd have no reason to exist. We define them.

KeithTheHibby
08-12-2019, 12:12 PM

Don’t talk *****. It’s a pathetic thing to say and I would be embarrassed if our club said anything like this.

Diclonius
08-12-2019, 12:15 PM
I don't think they've wound us up at all. All they've done is handed us an opportunity to point out how petty and small minded they are and how gullible they think their own fans are. In the past few years Levein has repeatedly come out with snide comments aimed at us and others designed to appease their fans and to deflect away from how bad a job he and Budge were doing. It worked, they lapped it up and Levein stayed in power for a lot longer than he should have, resulting in the mess they're in now. Stendel will need to produce a Christmas miracle to quickly turn them around before the fans are on his case.

And we've done that repeatedly over two threads, this one almost reaching a hundred posts.

If it hadn't wound us up there'd be a couple of posts laughing about it and that'd be it.

HFC93
08-12-2019, 12:32 PM
They've certainly achieved what they set out to do with that comment, which was to wind us up.https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nwipdk6-_NY

Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Dashing Bob S
08-12-2019, 12:34 PM
Yes, they are pathetic and weird, but frankly, I adore them for it. Their ludicrous behavior only underscores our virtue and continuously fills me with delight that I'm not amongst their ranks.

weecounty hibby
08-12-2019, 12:45 PM

And who was actually out of work. He didn't have a job. Unemployed. Free to start anytime. 5 weeks for No1 my arse

makaveli1875
08-12-2019, 12:52 PM
Wouldnt say it was crass , childish maybe but just a little extra motivation for Jack Ross to stick it right up them in the derbies

OstKurve Hibs
08-12-2019, 01:20 PM
Exactly the kind of statement I'd expect fae a club who's fans sing straight fae the huns songbook.

Bostonhibby
08-12-2019, 01:26 PM
Of course he wasn't their number one target. Have you ever heard of a club taking more than 5 weeks to appoint their number one candidate as manager?They'd had a proper number two in the role for so long they probably just decided to go for a number one this time. Can't believe they never went for Gary Locke.

Wilson
08-12-2019, 01:38 PM
And we've done that repeatedly over two threads, this one almost reaching a hundred posts.

If it hadn't wound us up there'd be a couple of posts laughing about it and that'd be it.

To be fair I think Hermit Crab and Dolce7 did a better job of winding everybody up than the original statement.

Carheenlea
08-12-2019, 01:38 PM
Only Hearts could make a fool of themselves making a statement to announce their new manager. Can’t think of any other club who would feel that it was necessary to make reference to their rivals in such a press release, however thinly veined.

Oddballs.

EI255
08-12-2019, 02:02 PM
Let's see how they fare on boxing day!

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

jacomo
08-12-2019, 05:02 PM

I never get bored of laughing at Hearts. Their unique mixture of incompetence and self-importance should not go to waste.

At a fundamental level though I really don’t care all that much about them.

Pagan Hibernia
08-12-2019, 10:15 PM
Truly weird club.

Cant think of another club that would release a statement like that when they’re joint bottom of the table, just as I can’t think of another club whose supporters react to every derby defeat by bringing up pointless statistics about derbies played decades ago.

they think they’re the big team in Edinburgh, yet every single thing about their behaviour suggests chronic insecurity and issues with self-esteem. And as they’re well on their way to a third consecutive season looking up at the “wee team” in the table it’s only going to get worse.

oldbutdim
08-12-2019, 10:54 PM
Yes, they are pathetic and weird, but frankly, I adore them for it. Their ludicrous behavior only underscores our virtue and continuously fills me with delight that I'm not amongst their ranks.

Spot on.

I look forward to their statements, which are guaranteed to include a reference to Hibs in them. It's like watching a Hitchcock movie, knowing he will appear at some point although having nothing to do with the story.

The new manager will tell all on Monday about what a 'big club' he's joined, how he will be restoring natural order, and er............ how big they are.

Just as the The Rangers signings have to mention 'history' so do newly hatched Sparryheids have to mention 'big club'.

I think it's brilliant!

mjhibby
09-12-2019, 12:05 AM

Jesus,they can't be that desperate that potter is in charge of pr feeding the masses Jambo mince. Even the Hertz fans take the pee out of his natural order. Best bit on kick back was them calling our new boss jack dross and the poster getting it tight as the third one went in on Saturday. They never ever learn when to boast and when to keep quiet. Most realise Stendel has one helluva Job on his hands.

mjhibby
09-12-2019, 12:09 AM
I never get bored of laughing at Hearts. Their unique mixture of incompetence and self-importance should not go to waste.

At a fundamental level though I really don’t care all that much about them.

My feelings entirely. If they finished above us and we qualified for Europe I wouldn't cry into my cornflakes. It's the money they have flushed down the toilet that is truly staggering. If we had spent that money I would,at a minimum,expect Europe every season.

Hibernia&Alba
09-12-2019, 01:08 AM
Spot on.

I look forward to their statements, which are guaranteed to include a reference to Hibs in them. It's like watching a Hitchcock movie, knowing he will appear at some point although having nothing to do with the story.

The new manager will tell all on Monday about what a 'big club' he's joined, how he will be restoring natural order, and er............ how big they are.

Just as the The Rangers signings have to mention 'history' so do newly hatched Sparryheids have to mention 'big club'.

I think it's brilliant!

:top marks:not worth

The Hibs cameo in their ramblings as their obsession rises to the surface :greengrin

147lothian
09-12-2019, 01:34 AM
I heard a jambo saying that the German will put a stop to the poppy appeal, and AB will ban anyone who mentions the war they one, it appears they feel the identity and soul of the club is being ripped out of it by AB and they want a return to how it was in the 70s time has passed them by, my advice to then is cheer up you still have that 70s through back Austin McPhee to remind you that your a long way from the 21cenury

JimBHibees
09-12-2019, 06:25 AM
Don’t talk *****. It’s a pathetic thing to say and I would be embarrassed if our club said anything like this.

Even the folk on Sportscene were laughing at it as well as the appalling grammar. No doubt rushed it out to distract from another defeat.

FilipinoHibs
09-12-2019, 06:59 AM
Like their mess up of the stand and all those statements, the long drawn out saga on the new manager and related statements, they are now clearly the laughing stock of Scottish football.

Since452
09-12-2019, 07:00 AM
"Jack Ross continued his dominance over Daniel Stendel with a 3-0 win on a blustery boxing day today at Tynecastle". Easy comeback imminent.

Cataplana
09-12-2019, 07:32 AM
I heart a jambo saying that the German will put a stop to the poppy appeal, and AB will ban anyone who mentions the war they one, it appears they feel the identity and soul of the club is being ripped out of it by AB and they want a return to how it was in the 70s time has passed them by, my advice to then is cheer up you still have that 70s through back Austin McPhee to remind you that you long way from the 21cenury

I think that Jambo was on drugs.

oldbutdim
09-12-2019, 07:35 AM
I think that Jambo was on drugs.

Or if he wasn’t then he should be.

Pagan Hibernia
09-12-2019, 07:39 AM
I heart a jambo saying that the German will put a stop to the poppy appeal, and AB will ban anyone who mentions the war they one, it appears they feel the identity and soul of the club is being ripped out of it by AB and they want a return to how it was in the 70s time has passed them by, my advice to then is cheer up you still have that 70s through back Austin McPhee to remind you that you long way from the 21cenury

they want a return to the 70s? A decade when they were utterly dominated by Hibs in the derby?

I hope they get it.

CraigHibee
09-12-2019, 08:21 AM
Cheap manky team having a cheap shot, its about all they have to "celebrate"

WeeRussell
09-12-2019, 12:26 PM
Although no doubt a good few of them will lap it up, I'll wager far more Hearts fans are embarrassed by it than Hibs fans are offended. In fact a few of them will be pretty p1ssed off given the current state of affairs over there. An official club statement going on like that :faf: The line about Jack Ross isn't relevant, nor clever or humorous.

I found the "first choice" line the funniest though.

To think I thought we were in as bad a place as them a couple of months ago. The really do appear to be as desperate and hurt as ever.

Jim44
09-12-2019, 12:53 PM
Although no doubt a good few of them will lap it up, I'll wager far more Hearts fans are embarrassed by it than Hibs fans are offended. In fact a few of them will be pretty p1ssed off given the current state of affairs over there. An official club statement going on like that :faf: The line about Jack Ross isn't relevant, nor clever or humorous.

I found the "first choice" line the funniest though.

To think I thought we were in as bad a place as them a couple of months ago. The really do appear to be as desperate and hurt as ever.

I’m bored with Stendelgate and was adopting the attitude of, sideshow’s over so. let’s just get on with it, now they've got their man, albeit second choice .......... I’m sure they’re relieved and happy. However, when I read drivel like this, I quickly change my mind:

Welcome stendel-lets get it right up the hibs and west coast media who are seething with this appointment.

Are we really? :rolleyes:

Deansy
09-12-2019, 01:14 PM
A club that needs to reassure itself by constantly droning on about how much better, bigger, richer it is than another club has wee man syndrome and a unhealthy level of Obsession. They're already preparing the ground for the new manager who's career at Ya Ya Land will be shaped solely on how de does against the Mighty Hibees :greengrin

Exactly - these clowns have a massive inferiority-complex when it comes to us !. Years of cheating and now 'Mystery benefactors' and STILL they know that - deep down - on every level - sportingly & morally - they will never compare to us !. When we win - NO-ONE - can point to 'other factors' that aided that win and they hate that as they know that doesn't apply to them

JimBHibees
09-12-2019, 01:26 PM
I’m bored with Stendelgate and was adopting the attitude of, sideshow’s over so. let’s just get on with it, now they've got their man, albeit second choice .......... I’m sure they’re relieved and happy. However, when I read drivel like this, I quickly change my mind:

Welcome stendel-lets get it right up the hibs and west coast media who are seething with this appointment.

Cant imagine so and as for the west coast media they will still be getting over their hangover from yesterday to notice.

The_Sauz
09-12-2019, 07:58 PM
Hearts are is exciting as the strip they had on against Motherwell.....:faf:
No "Save the Children" on the front either, I guess all Big teams do that!

CMurdoch
10-12-2019, 01:38 AM
Crass? I thought they were The Exploited on account of Wattie

JimBHibees
10-12-2019, 06:01 AM
Hearts are is exciting as the strip they had on against Motherwell.....:faf:
No "Save the Children" on the front either, I guess all Big teams do that!

Looked like they were just wearing a plain black tee shirt, very odd.

matty_f
10-12-2019, 06:21 AM

:faf: what planet are they on?!!

Peevemor
10-12-2019, 07:26 AM
Pinched from Facebook https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191210/baa53bf465dde809795beb5cf21abdb1.jpg

The 90+2
10-12-2019, 07:46 AM
:faf: what planet are they on?!!

They said the same about Cathro and then Potter or when Romanov wasn’t paying wages. At least they’re consistent if nothing else.

flash
10-12-2019, 08:15 AM
Hearts are crass and their pies are rubbery as they say in Beijing.

jacomo
10-12-2019, 06:05 PM

I’m absolutely seething with cringe... at sharing a city with these ugly buffoons.

The fact that both clubs’ names start with H makes it worse... the casual observer sometimes mixes us up, and associates Hibs with their embarrassing foolishness.

We deserve some kind of compensation or goodwill payment from the SPFL imo. Honestly.

EI255
10-12-2019, 07:18 PM
The new Hertz gaffer looks an alcoholic. WTF??

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

RyeSloan
10-12-2019, 07:37 PM
Looked like they were just wearing a plain black tee shirt, very odd.

For some reason I believe their Save the Children thing is only for their hone shirt.

Hakim Sar
11-12-2019, 08:30 AM
The bigliest crass curtain on the west side of Fountain Park!

Iggy Pope
11-12-2019, 05:57 PM
Crass? I thought they were The Exploited on account of Wattie

Would explain the black t shirts in their kit. Do they owe us a living???????

1875godsgift
11-12-2019, 11:06 PM
Would explain the black t shirts in their kit. Do they owe us a living???????

Course they ******* do!

Or if they don't owe us a living they certainly owe 29 million quid..... :na na: