PDA

View Full Version : Maradona in Mexico

Time For Heroes
07-12-2019, 12:45 AM
Just back from a trip to South America and stumbled across this on Netflix whilst away.
Not seen anything about it in the Uk or on Netflix?
It's basically the same idea as Sunderland til I die, Diego takes over a Mexican league 2 side called Dorados.
Really good watch, great insight in how Diego operates etc.
I would definitely recommend it.

Cardinal G
07-12-2019, 01:09 AM
Just back from a trip to South America and stumbled across this on Netflix whilst away.
Not seen anything about it in the Uk or on Netflix?
It's basically the same idea as Sunderland til I die, Diego takes over a Mexican league 2 side called Dorados.
Really good watch, great insight in how Diego operates etc.
I would definitely recommend it.

Stumbled across it myself the other week and would highly recommend it also. Really interesting to see the reverence in which modern day players in South America hold for Maradona.

Time For Heroes
07-12-2019, 01:31 AM
Stumbled across it myself the other week and would highly recommend it also. Really interesting to see the reverence in which modern day players in South America hold for Maradona.

Agreed. It comes across really well.
Just been in Argentina when I found this, the man is an icon in Buenos Aires and I'd imagine the rest of Argentina too

1875STEVE
07-12-2019, 01:37 AM
Just searched and it's on uk netflix. :thumbsup:

Time For Heroes
07-12-2019, 01:44 AM
Just searched and it's on uk netflix. :thumbsup:

I assume it would be in the Uk, thats great.
I watched all 7 episodes on my flight home 😂

cocteautwin
07-12-2019, 03:14 AM
Is it true that TV cameras are in HMFC at the moment filming something similar for their current implosion season? It might pick up a few gongs at the next British Comedy Awards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EdinMike
07-12-2019, 05:42 AM
Is it true that TV cameras are in HMFC at the moment filming something similar for their current implosion season? It might pick up a few gongs at the next British Comedy Awards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could win a few awards at the fringe 2020 if they get it cut and edited quick enough.

BILLYHIBS
07-12-2019, 06:07 AM
Enjoyed the Maradona movie in the summer will give this a watch :greengrin

FilipinoHibs
07-12-2019, 07:09 AM
Agreed. It comes across really well.
Just been in Argentina when I found this, the man is an icon in Buenos Aires and I'd imagine the rest of Argentina too

How is Messi held there relative to Maradona?

Fuzzywuzzy
07-12-2019, 07:37 AM
There was an article on BBC sport about some Scottish coach at dynamo Brest. Said maradonas the chairman and only been seen once in 1 1/2 years😂

heretoday
07-12-2019, 07:40 AM
I've seen enough of Maradona now.

Time For Heroes
07-12-2019, 07:42 AM
How is Messi held there relative to Maradona?

I'm not an expert, only spent 5 days in Buenos Aires, Messi had a statue there that kept getting vandalised and stolen. That tells a story I think, Maradonna is an icon but I got the feeling that Messi isn't as admire because he hasn't won the World Cup. Just reading between the lines so I might be well off the mark

Time For Heroes
07-12-2019, 07:44 AM
There was an article on BBC sport about some Scottish coach at dynamo Brest. Said maradonas the chairman and only been seen once in 1 1/2 years😂

He really is a character, I started watching this thinking he was a prick, it really changed my opinion of the man.

JimBHibees
07-12-2019, 08:13 AM

Peter Leven ex Killie.

we are hibs
07-12-2019, 08:53 AM
Absolutely love Diego Maradona.

A true legend in Scotland. Always welcome.

FilipinoHibs
07-12-2019, 08:53 AM
I'm not an expert, only spent 5 days in Buenos Aires, Messi had a statue there that kept getting vandalised and stolen. That tells a story I think, Maradonna is an icon but I got the feeling that Messi isn't as admire because he hasn't won the World Cup. Just reading between the lines so I might be well off the mark

Ok thanks. Messi a great talent but has not achieved much outside Spain for 5 years now that Xavi, Iniesta and co gone. Spain is most unequal major league in Europe in terms of finances. But Messi ha this messiah like flowing on Social media and greats like Maradona and Pele dismissed. As you say not won a world cup or even a Copa de america.