PDA

View Full Version : Cycling from Musselburgh to Dingwall.

TimeForHeroes16
06-12-2019, 09:08 AM
Standing out side the pub with my mate in Dingwall we see this boy rock up on a bike with a hibs scarf. Totally bemused I asked I've he lived near by and cycled from Inverness. His reply no I've just came from Musselburgh I left at 3am.

I couldn't not believe it until a group of his friends confirmed in the pub it was for charity and everyone raced out to see him.

The man's name was Kieran and I think he needs at least some recognition from hibs to at least boots the donations for his charity. Personally I think it is a remarkable achievement and some positive news hibs could spread.

If your reading this Kieran well done outstanding mate!!

Brightside
06-12-2019, 09:10 AM
Standing out side the pub with my mate in Dingwall we see this boy rock up on a bike with a hibs scarf. Totally bemused I asked I've he lived near by and cycled from Inverness. His reply no I've just came from Musselburgh I left at 3am.

I couldn't not believe it until a group of his friends confirmed in the pub it was for charity and everyone raced out to see him.

The man's name was Kieran and I think he needs at least some recognition from hibs to at least boots the donations for his charity. Personally I think it is a remarkable achievement and some positive news hibs could spread.

It was KP.... all over Hibs twitter and FB etc. Some man.

TimeForHeroes16
06-12-2019, 09:13 AM
It was KP.... all over Hibs twitter and FB etc. Some man.

I've not seen a thing neither have either of my mates. We thought he was worth a big shout. Due to being under the influence I didn't catch the charity we would like to donate any chance you know the charity?

NthCarolinaHibs
06-12-2019, 09:16 AM
See thread on here titled Fans rep..

cocteautwin
06-12-2019, 09:46 AM
Is there a just giving page or something? An effort like that needs a donation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Power
06-12-2019, 03:21 PM
Thanks for the kind words ✅

I’ve raised money for local charities over the last couple of years, no charity this time - just in memory of Hibernian people no longer here and trying to inspire everyone connected with the club.

All of us would go through brick wa’s for our club - if the club and players replicate the effort of the support we’ll be onto more good times.

Renton1875
06-12-2019, 04:22 PM
Thanks for the kind words ✅

I’ve raised money for local charities over the last couple of years, no charity this time - just in memory of Hibernian people no longer here and trying to inspire everyone connected with the club.

All of us would go through brick wa’s for our club - if the club and players replicate the effort of the support we’ll be onto more good times.

Amazing effort. You'll take those steps to the back of the East nae problem tomorrow.

Viva_Palmeiras
06-12-2019, 06:51 PM
Kieran I’ve suggested before but reckoned that Mark Beaumont would be too busy. How about a fit fans in training or Hibees challenge to cycle stopping off at the birth places of the famous Five?

Edinburgh (Gorgie for Reilly, not sure Smith) Falkirk Ormond, Carronshire Turnbull, Johnstone - Selkirk.

Mibbie Food for thought...

scuttle
06-12-2019, 07:10 PM
That's some effort mate,fantastic well done

Killiehibbie
06-12-2019, 07:16 PM
Kieran I’ve suggested before but reckoned that Mark Beaumont would be too busy. How about a fit fans in training or Hibees challenge to cycle stopping off at the birth places of the famous Five?

Edinburgh (Gorgie for Reilly, not sure Smith) Falkirk Ormond, Carronshire Turnbull, Johnstone - Selkirk.

I always thought Smith was from Montrose but it seems he was actually born in Edinburgh.

Power
06-12-2019, 07:17 PM

Sounds good - always great for people to have targets (Walking, Cycling and running are all great) - if being Hibs related can act as the extra motivator and I can help then fantastic (that loop is a tough 150 miles if starting and finishing at ER).

Killiehibbie
06-12-2019, 07:20 PM
Sounds good - always great for people to have targets (Walking, Cycling and running are all great) - if being Hibs related can act as the extra motivator and I can help then fantastic (that loop is a tough 150 miles if starting and finishing at ER).

Split it over 5 days ya sadist

Power
06-12-2019, 07:36 PM
Split it over 5 days ya sadist

Och.

✅ Point well made sir.

The 90+2
06-12-2019, 07:39 PM
Och.

✅ Point well made sir.

I’ll wait for the charity game of Poker and beers mate 😉

theonlywayisup
07-12-2019, 07:50 AM

Thanks for posting this.

Yes, it's in another thread, but the title wasn't as obvious as your thread.

Well done KP, it's a great effort.