PDA

View Full Version : John Beaton and Gerrard

Zazu62
05-12-2019, 09:43 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50667225

"I have to be very careful what I say, obviously. But I don't think there will be a more disappointed person outside of Rangers tonight than John."

Hibeesmad
05-12-2019, 10:02 PM
No surprises there.

ballengeich
05-12-2019, 10:24 PM
Already posted on another thread, but I repeat myself - referees should not talk to Gerrard because they can now have no confidence that private discussions will remain private.

Refs may admit to managers that they've made mistakes, but this particular manager will only publicise the ones that went against his team.

darwenhibby
05-12-2019, 10:35 PM
Beaton to be appointed to take our game v the Huns on the 20th
Dodgy penalties galore coming for them!
Watch this happen!!

Baader
06-12-2019, 03:36 AM
For 'outside' read inside.

JimBHibees
06-12-2019, 05:46 AM
Bit like Rodgers indicating a linesman apologised when giving us a pen v them its to make sure it doesn't happen again and in Beatons case that isn't much of a stretch. Steven conveniently ignoring the numerous dodgy decisions he has given them. One against Albion rovers a few years back immediately comes to mind also the triple Morelos sending off in an old firm game. The tighter this run in goes on the more ridiculous the decisions will get.

JimBHibees
06-12-2019, 05:49 AM
For 'outside' read inside.

:agree:

Cataplana
06-12-2019, 06:23 AM
Hopefully this will work against Gerrard, as Beaton will go harder on them to disprove any suggestion of bias.

Sorry, don't know what came over me there.

HibeeBigFly
06-12-2019, 07:35 AM
Beaton shouldn’t be anywhere near Rangers games after the photo incident in the Rangers bar.

Deansy
06-12-2019, 09:07 AM
Never a penalty anyway - Gerrard's just a lying, cheating, greetin-faced, odious, despicable Hun bassa !

JimBHibees
06-12-2019, 09:32 AM
Never a penalty anyway - Gerrard's just a lying, cheating, greetin-faced, odious, despicable Hun bassa !

Agree total dive from morelos

where'stheslope
06-12-2019, 10:47 AM
Lets be honest, if every ref did the same apology's to managers, they would have little or no time for training for their next game!
The amount of bad and weak decisions we have had this season alone would take up the majority of their time!!!
Referees are not Professionals ( supposedly), but the amount of monies they take from the game amounts to more than most on here earn in a year, and they still have their day job?
Its time for the head of referees to tell them to stop apologising for mistakes, as it just infuriates all the other teams and supporters who don't get the same courtesy!!!

hibbysam
06-12-2019, 12:49 PM
Lets be honest, if every ref did the same apology's to managers, they would have little or no time for training for their next game!
The amount of bad and weak decisions we have had this season alone would take up the majority of their time!!!
Referees are not Professionals ( supposedly), but the amount of monies they take from the game amounts to more than most on here earn in a year, and they still have their day job?
Its time for the head of referees to tell them to stop apologising for mistakes, as it just infuriates all the other teams and supporters who don't get the same courtesy!!!

I’d imagine every referee apologises for bad decisions, just that managers will, in the main, keep that confidential. They will however use it to their advantage when need be, ie Wednesday night when they had just thrown away a 2 goal lead. Lennon has done it in the past but in reverse, moaning that he didn’t get an apology presumably when under pressure.

matty_f
06-12-2019, 01:15 PM
I have no problem with a ref apologising if and when they make a really bad call, we all make mistakes and it's absolutely fine to acknowledge them with an apology. I do have a problem with Gerrard going public with it, though, as it then puts an unnecessary pressure on the ref for the next game. I think Gerrard is out of order here, not the ref.

Diclonius
06-12-2019, 01:24 PM
Why do referees only seem to apologise to Rangers?

PaulSmith
06-12-2019, 01:44 PM
I have no problem with a ref apologising if and when they make a really bad call, we all make mistakes and it's absolutely fine to acknowledge them with an apology. I do have a problem with Gerrard going public with it, though, as it then puts an unnecessary pressure on the ref for the next game. I think Gerrard is out of order here, not the ref.

Totally agree on this one.

As far as I can recall a referee was always man enough to admit when they made a mistake (unlike managers, players or directors) and were happy to put their hands up during a private conversation.

Now the vast majority just refuse to engage with managers exactly due to the reasons above.

Eyrie
06-12-2019, 05:45 PM

I haven't seen the incident but you're both correct.

Jim44
06-12-2019, 05:55 PM
The rat, aka Gerrard, has cleverly turned the screw on Beaton and other referees in general. Everyone and his dog knows that Rangers get far more than their share of penalty decisions and the reptile is going for a full house for future incidents.

Ps . What’s the term for a rodent/reptile crossbreed? :greengrin

SquashedFrogg
06-12-2019, 05:58 PM
My thoughts are that there was no apology at all. Refs don't comment in the press so he can say whatever he likes and he knows there's no counter claim coming back.

Eyrie
06-12-2019, 06:10 PM
The rat, aka Gerrard, has cleverly turned the screw on Beaton and other referees in general. Everyone and his dog knows that Rangers get far more than their share of penalty decisions and the reptile is going for a full house for future incidents.

A hun (with apologies to rodents, reptiles and crossbreeds).

Since452
06-12-2019, 06:24 PM
Maybe Im reading it wrong but I don't think Gerrard was insinuating Beaton is a hun. I took it that he ment Beaton would be disappointed with his own performance when he analyses it.

Jim44
06-12-2019, 06:31 PM
Maybe Im reading it wrong but I don't think Gerrard was insinuating Beaton is a hun. I took it that he ment Beaton would be disappointed with his own performance when he analyses it.

I don’t think anyone else thinks Gerrard was insinuating that Beaton was a Hun. He was despicably patronising Beaton into treating them a bit more favourably next time, which coincidently is against us, as far as I know. :rolleyes:

weecounty hibby
06-12-2019, 06:32 PM
I demand apologies from every ref from McGinlay and Valentine through to Beaton and Clancy for the absolutely disgraceful decisions and non decisions that have gone against Hibs in the 46 years that I have been watching. Steven McLean gets a pass due to his unbiased refereeing of the greatest Scottish Cup final ever

green with envy
06-12-2019, 07:19 PM
"I have to be very careful what I say, obviously. But I don't think there will be a more disappointed person outside of Rangers tonight than John."

He's an insider Gerrard and you know it.

Deansy
06-12-2019, 08:13 PM

Gerrard Rat-Snake ……………….

Smartie
06-12-2019, 09:31 PM
I couldn't believe Beaton didn't give that penalty against us against Motherwell, at the time I thought it was a stonewaller.

Having seen it back it was a very good decision indeed.

Beaton has since gone on to give Aberdeen a controversial decision against Rangers.

Should we be due to give Beaton a bit of the benefit of the doubt? There are no doubts as to where his loyalties lie but what matters is that he referees games as impartially as possible and calls it as he sees it.

:tin hat:

Bostonhibby
06-12-2019, 09:35 PM
Why do referees only seem to apologise to Rangers?Can you imagine the next lodge meeting Beaton attended if he hadn't?

He'd never be able to go into his local and have his picture taken with fellow sevco fans again either.

Only in Scotland.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Torto7
06-12-2019, 09:39 PM
I couldn't believe Beaton didn't give that penalty against us against Motherwell, at the time I thought it was a stonewaller.

Having seen it back it was a very good decision indeed.

Beaton has since gone on to give Aberdeen a controversial decision against Rangers.

Should we be due to give Beaton a bit of the benefit of the doubt? There are no doubts as to where his loyalties lie but what matters is that he referees games as impartially as possible and calls it as he sees it.

:tin hat:

I've never watched him and thought he was being biased hun or no hun. He does allow a very physical game though, part of me likes that but Beaton has a tendency to ignore outright assaults and allows too many niggly fouls to go without bookings.

Gerard is a little rat though. I'd guess he's feeling the pressure having been pumped by Celtic last time out.

Hibernia&Alba
06-12-2019, 10:12 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50667225

John is it? Being careful are you? Just say he's a good Protestant/mason/loyalist and be done with it.

kaimendhibs
07-12-2019, 12:38 AM
I hate Beaton as a ref and detest Sevco.
I have a mate who (sadly) is sevco thru and thru.
He is adaamant Beaton is no hun and hates them.
All individual perception.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk