PDA

View Full Version : Goals Lowlights

theonlywayisup
05-12-2019, 06:33 AM
Embarrassing goals to concede.

WTF are Maxwell and Hanlon doing?

Also watch Hallberg lack of urgency during the second goal.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50568343

Hiber-nation
05-12-2019, 06:38 AM
That is just ridiculous. Awful by Maxwell for the first but where's the communication with Porteous who just left Stewart?

Can't believe an experienced defender like Hanlon would try to head the ball away for the 2nd rather than put it out for a corner. Schoolboy stuff.

Jones28
05-12-2019, 06:41 AM
3 pretty awful goals for both sides to concede. Our first yes it is a cross but Boyle and Hallberg and nowhere and Stevenson is taking up a good position. Maxwell had to come out but boy did he make and arse of it.

The second is poor, Hanlon should put it out for a corner but he was underneath the ball, the scorer for county was totally unmarked, poor poor stuff.

I heard recently that Hibs will not make an offer to Efe but I really hope they reconsider.

Allant1981
05-12-2019, 07:04 AM
Poor defending yet again, no idea what Hanlon was trying to do with the header for their winner, he was never going to get enough power on it to clear it so knock it out for a corner, at least that gives a chance to defend it rather than putting us in trouble with the weakest header you will see in a long time

The Spaceman
05-12-2019, 07:06 AM
Two shocking goals to concede, SO basic.

I would like to think it is a relatively easy fix to cut these kind of mistakes out. If we can give this team a solid defence, we will fly.

dchibs
05-12-2019, 07:17 AM
Embarrassing goals to concede.

WTF are Maxwell and Hamlin doing?

Also watch Hallberg lack of urgency during the second goal.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50568343

Who is Hamlin? I noticed this in a couple of posts last night, not sure if they are mistakes or not but the guy has been a good servant for Hibs and if meant I think he should be called by his proper name.

Dmas
05-12-2019, 07:23 AM
Poor defending yet again, no idea what Hanlon was trying to do with the header for their winner, he was never going to get enough power on it to clear it so knock it out for a corner, at least that gives a chance to defend it rather than putting us in trouble with the weakest header you will see in a long time

The choice should have been out for a corner I ageee, but whys Maxwell not screaming to come get that? The first Goal again if Maxwell stays on his line there’s not a chance to be had, the balls swinging out no way the guys getting power and direction to beat him if he’s in position, terrible decision making from him, was lucky not to see red against Motherwell for another wild decision to come that far out his goal.

I’m not taken with Maxwell, I don’t think he inspires confidence in the guys in front of him.

Allant1981
05-12-2019, 07:27 AM
The choice should have been out for a corner I ageee, but whys Maxwell not screaming to come get that? The first Goal again if Maxwell stays on his line there’s not a chance to be had, the balls swinging out no way the guys getting power and direction to beat him if he’s in position, terrible decision making from him, was lucky not to see red against Motherwell for another wild decision to come that far out his goal.

I’m not taken with Maxwell, I don’t think he inspires confidence in the guys in front of him.

Agree, maxwell could easily have came out and cleared the ball before hanlon tried to header it, very poor defending all round from the team last night. Reckon bogdan may be back in soon and then hopefully a couple of new defenders in january

Zazu62
05-12-2019, 07:28 AM
Keeper and Hanlon need dropped

theonlywayisup
05-12-2019, 07:28 AM
Who is Hamlin? I noticed this in a couple of posts last night, not sure if they are mistakes or not but the guy has been a good servant for Hibs and if meant I think he should be called by his proper name.

Predictive text error, now changed.

Dmas
05-12-2019, 07:39 AM
Agree, maxwell could easily have came out and cleared the ball before hanlon tried to header it, very poor defending all round from the team last night. Reckon bogdan may be back in soon and then hopefully a couple of new defenders in january

Don’t know why we’re not offering even a 6 month deal to efe tbh crying out for an experienced head at the back, gives him games and is time to find a longer term solution

danhibees1875
05-12-2019, 07:39 AM
I'm a fan of Hanlon and think he's been a great servant to the club over the last 10+ years. I think the criticism of him recently can be OTT, but that was a shocker. Knocking it blind back in to your own 6 yard box? He'll know himself that was a shocking decision.

Maxwell has a stinker at the first there too. I'd been warned through someone who knows a guy at PNE that he's prone to a rush of blood to the head and rushing out and he's starting to show that now between that and his booking incident recently. I'm just not a big fan of his if I'm honest which maybe skews my judgement, Rocky seems to be a much better keeper and I'm astounded he's still being left out in the cold.

2 individual errors and we've lost the 3 points (admittedly gained through their keepers error who should have saved the Doidge header) that we really could have done with getting on the board if we wanted to challenge this year.

Sioux
05-12-2019, 08:19 AM
3 pretty awful goals for both sides to concede. Our first yes it is a cross but Boyle and Hallberg and nowhere and Stevenson is taking up a good position. Maxwell had to come out but boy did he make and arse of it.

The second is poor, Hanlon should put it out for a corner but he was underneath the ball, the scorer for county was totally unmarked, poor poor stuff.

I heard recently that Hibs will not make an offer to Efe but I really hope they reconsider.

Stevenson stood and watched the cross getting played in. No pressure on the ball whatsoever.

Hanlon gets a wee nudge, and as happens too often he's weak.

supermcginn
05-12-2019, 08:23 AM
Horrendous mistakes by the 3rd best goalie at the club and a defender well past his best.

loanheadhibby
05-12-2019, 12:06 PM
Stevenson stood and watched the cross getting played in. No pressure on the ball whatsoever.

Keeper a complete howler but 100% agree with this. Stevenson, you are 2 yards away from guy making the cross! Break your neck to stop the cross or at least attempt to block it! It's only 2 yards. I wonder if any of his team mates gave him (or the keeper) a bollocking?

Bobby's Cinema
05-12-2019, 12:15 PM
For me, after the header goes up in the air I am also looking at the goalie for the second.

can he get to there if he uses his feet to get across the line? I would say so. Seems to dive too early from a standing start.

Agree with the general consensus that there aren't too many exceptional/ unexpcted saves from Maxwell. Does the bare minimum requirements and doesn't offer a lot more.

Time for Marciano to stop causally wandering around the ER turf at half time spraying passes in his trackies and get back in the sticks.

MrRobot
05-12-2019, 12:18 PM
Maxwell is not a good goalkeeper and Hanlon needs dropped.

I can't get my head around the fact we have Bogdan and Marciano as back up keepers.

lord bunberry
05-12-2019, 12:29 PM
Two horrendous goals to lose, the keeper needs to get there and punch it or stay on his line. The second goal was a comedy of errors, losing the ball in midfield and then Hanlon doing a better job than any of the County players could’ve done in setting up the winner. Farcical stuff.

Sergio sledge
05-12-2019, 12:30 PM
That is just ridiculous. Awful by Maxwell for the first but where's the communication with Porteous who just left Stewart?

Can't believe an experienced defender like Hanlon would try to head the ball away for the 2nd rather than put it out for a corner. Schoolboy stuff.

I'd be tempted to say that Hanlon has a big share of the blame in both goals, Porteous left the goalscorer because Hanlon in front of him left the attacker in the middle. He looks right at him and then doesn't stay with him. Porteous is then caught in no mans land between the two attackers as he tries to cover both of them.

Either Hanlon stays with his guy and Porteous stays with Stewart, or Naismith spots what is happening (he's looking right at it) and moves in one player to mark Stewart. To be fair to Naismith there was another player out there so he was probably caught in two minds as well. No getting by the fact that's a big keeper howler though. I hadn't really noticed it before now, but Maxwell seems quite small compared to Marciano, I wonder if Marciano's extra height might have made the difference with both the goals.

-Jonesy-
05-12-2019, 12:39 PM
Maxwell has to braver and go with both hands and take the hit. Think Rocky saves that second one as well

Jones28
05-12-2019, 12:58 PM

Im talking *****, thought Stevenson was Boyle for some reason, saw the highlights after a sleepless night with the wee one

It was a cracking cross, but Stevenson should be out sharp to close it down.

B.H.F.C
05-12-2019, 01:03 PM
I disagree, Stevenson is covering his man on the left wing, as he should be. Boyle is nowhere near and nor is Halberg.

That’s the problem with a tight diamond, concession of the wide areas where crosses come in.

Another point I will make is that was a cracking cross.

Boyle is to the left of Stevenson watching Forster.

Stevenson stands off the man and lets him cross it. A weekly occurrence as far as Lewis is concerned these days.

matty_f
05-12-2019, 01:05 PM
Maxwell for the first and then Hanlon for the second are culpable. Really poor from both of them, no hiding from that.

Pretty Boy
05-12-2019, 01:09 PM
There are glaring individual errors but the 1st looks like there is a complete failure to track a runner and the 2nd sees no one react to the 2nd ball whilst a striker stands completely unmarked.

Two obvious errors compounded by a series of smaller mistakes. It's been like that all season.

Jones28
05-12-2019, 01:18 PM
Boyle is to the left of Stevenson watching Forster.

Stevenson stands off the man and lets him cross it. A weekly occurrence as far as Lewis is concerned these days.

See above, I was talking *****.

hibbysam
05-12-2019, 01:20 PM
First goal Stevenson must stop the cross, Maxwell either has to collect the cross or stay on his line and there is no chance for the county player.

Second goal Porteous (see Stevenson) has to do better to stop the cross, Hanlon must do better, marking must be better (but both our centre halves are outside the near post, not sure what caused that) and the keeper basically just drops to the floor.

Piss poor goals to concede, unfortunately we have no depth to drop both centre halves and we have no competition in the wide areas either. We do have depth in the sticks though and Maxwell is far and away our third best keeper, by a distance.

B.H.F.C
05-12-2019, 01:23 PM
There are glaring individual errors but the 1st looks like there is a complete failure to track a runner and the 2nd sees no one react to the 2nd ball whilst a striker stands completely unmarked.

Two obvious errors compounded by a series of smaller mistakes. It's been like that all season.

Exactly this and, for all the talk of formations and tactics, it demonstrates that players are just not doing the basics. We’ve no grit, determination or standards when it comes to defending.

hibsmad
05-12-2019, 01:35 PM
It's the first goal that frustrates me the most. Exactly the same reason why we lost goals against Kilmarnock on Saturday.

Stevenson just stands off him. I'd also say that Hallberg should be doing more to close him down.

We are literally just inviting crosses into our box.

I was watching Liverpool Everton last night and really noticed how much the midfield of Liverpool were constantly working and never giving the Everton midfield time on the ball. We do the opposite! This should be the simple part of football. I'm not asking why Kamberi can't replicate some mazy run that Mane goes on as I appreciate that there is a difference in talent. Work rate however, and the common sense to close down a man, should be something that we are capable of.

Hermit Crab
05-12-2019, 04:01 PM
No pressure from Stevenson on the crosser is the root cause at the first goal. Shocker of a Superman by Maxwell but where is Naismith at the backpost marking Stewart?

2nd goal Slivka gives away cheap possession in midfield, cross is partially blocked by Porteous but what the Fryer Tuck is Hanlon doing heading into the mddle of his own box, pathetic effort of a clearance and he was too easily bullied there. Nobody picking up Stewart in the middle of our own box.

Calamitous second half display yet again from Hibs.

PeeJay
05-12-2019, 04:08 PM
The faults made last night are the same faults that have been made all season - I would have thought that Ross would have had something to say about that and made changes, tightened things up, but I don't see any evidence of that. There seems to be a serious fitness issue too, which is probably why after 60+ minutes we just fall apart ...

B.H.F.C
05-12-2019, 04:15 PM
The faults made last night are the same faults that have been made all season - I would have thought that Ross would have had something to say about that and made changes, tightened things up, but I don't see any evidence of that. There seems to be a serious fitness issue too, which is probably why after 60+ minutes we just fall apart ...

We can’t sort it without new players IMO.

McGregor might help, I expect him to play on Saturday.

But there is nobody else there who can come in and give us more grit, lead the team etc.