PDA

View Full Version : Time to discuss a real and growing problem at Easter Road

Antifa Hibs
01-12-2019, 10:38 AM
The jogging bottoms wearer starting to fill the Easter Road terraces. Completely undermining the sartorial masterclass of Jack Ross and his tailor-made suits.

Not sure how to fix it. If you have an U18 season ticket then you're obviously exempt. If you're an adult and you're turning up in trackies then prove you've been to the gym before/after the game or be asked to leave? Something RG and LD will have to nip it in the bud before it becomes more infectious.

Attire not befitting for Easter Road or the Leith area. Take that stuff to Gorgie or Glasgow.

FilipinoHibs
01-12-2019, 10:43 AM
The jogging bottoms wearer starting to fill the Easter Road terraces. Completely undermining the sartorial masterclass of Jack Ross and his tailor-made suits.

Not sure how to fix it. If you have an U18 season ticket then you're obviously exempt. If you're an adult and you're turning up in trackies then prove you've been to the gym before/after the game or be asked to leave? Something RG and LD will have to nip it in the bud before it becomes more infectious.

Attire not befitting for Easter Road or the Leith area. Take that stuff to Gorgie or Glasgow.

I thought we were the team of the poor and down trodden. When did we become middle class. Must have been my laddie he is 28 and still goes in his grey jogging although hates exercise.

Pretty Boy
01-12-2019, 10:48 AM
Why is it as soon as a man, of any age, puts on a pair of grey joggers he suddenly thinks it's acceptable to claw his testicles in public? Particularly common among the young team but I've seen older guys at it to.

If you are in public your hands should remain firmly outside your trousers.

Cataplana
01-12-2019, 10:48 AM
I thought we were the team of the poor and down trodden. When did we become middle class. Must have been my ladies he is 28 and still hoesin his grey jogging although hates exercise.

Not working class.
Not middle class.
World class.

FilipinoHibs
01-12-2019, 10:49 AM
Not working class.
Not middle class.
World class.

I think you must be following a different Hibs from me.

AltheHibby
01-12-2019, 10:54 AM
I Must have been my ladies he is 28

Letter missing? Or don't I want to know?

GREEN WARLORD
01-12-2019, 10:54 AM

Jogging bottoms aka the Scrubbers Tuxedo trousers or Lazy Man's pants. Aye leave to the Gorgie bin men.

green day
01-12-2019, 10:56 AM

Minging, the kind of thing I used to slag my old man about if he had them on taking the bins out :agree:

I have never worked out how these grey joggers can work in the practical sense either???

I would have lost my phone, wallet, keys - the lot, within about 15 minutes if I was wearing them.

heretoday
01-12-2019, 10:57 AM
Grey marl jogging bottoms are the last word in fashion in our peripheral housing areas.

You need a prostate like cast iron to get away with it. I favour black ones myself.

I won't elaborate.

Cataplana
01-12-2019, 11:05 AM
I think you must be following a different Hibs from me.

We all follow the Hibs that is in our own mind.

Bostonhibby
01-12-2019, 11:06 AM
Why is it as soon as a man, of any age, puts on a pair of grey joggers he suddenly thinks it's acceptable to claw his testicles in public? Particularly common among the young team but I've seen older guys at it to.

If you are in public your hands should remain firmly outside your trousers.It's really a decision of convenience, when the jail sentence is handed down they can go straight to jail knowing they are already appropriately kitted out without worrying about packing a suitcase.

The clawing testicles is probably a perfectly understandable reaction since their Staffy had been sleeping on said strides overnight.[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Cataplana
01-12-2019, 11:07 AM
Grey marl jogging bottoms are the last word in fashion in our peripheral housing areas.

You need a prostate like cast iron to get away with it. I favour black ones myself.

I won't elaborate.

At a slight tangent here. I was working in Castlemilk last week, apparently this is one of the poorer parts of Glasgow.

I had to question that when I noticed a fellow bus passenger was wearing a high viz, over a yellow Stone Island jerkin.

superfurryhibby
01-12-2019, 11:08 AM

I agree, public genital fondling is never acceptable, not matter the hideous attire. Particularly prevalent amongst the younger generation, what's it all about?

Sudds_1
01-12-2019, 11:14 AM
I agree, public genital fondling is never acceptable, not matter the hideous attire. Particularly prevalent amongst the younger generation, what's it all about?

Michael jackson started it....🙄

Viva_Palmeiras
01-12-2019, 11:19 AM

Yeah pet hate. In public that should warrant a caution if folks really don’t know any better - clartybardfasts!

Keith_M
01-12-2019, 11:31 AM
The story I heard was that they're much more easily removed when in prison. I'm not familiar with prison, but the quick removal is apparently a plus point for many of its regular attendees.

When they're out on licence, they're just in the habit of wearing them.

Mon Dieu4
01-12-2019, 11:33 AM
It's the lack of socks craze that drives me mental :grr::grr:

jacomo
01-12-2019, 11:34 AM
I thought we were the team of the poor and down trodden. When did we become middle class. Must have been my ladies he is 28 and still goes in his grey jogging although hates exercise.

Used to be a working class thing to dress your best when not at work. Show a bit of pride and self respect.

Not into slob wear at all.

Keith_M
01-12-2019, 11:37 AM
I thought we were the team of the poor and down trodden. When did we become middle class. Must have been my ladies he is 28 and still goes in his grey jogging although hates exercise.

Are you sure you're not BangcockHibby?

:hmmm:

EI255
01-12-2019, 11:38 AM

Attire not befitting for Easter Road or the Leith area. Take that stuff to Gorgie or Glasgow.Don't think there can be anything more sinister looking than slim fit jogging bottoms. JUST, WHY????

They make a guy look daft!

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

ancient hibee
01-12-2019, 11:41 AM

Chronic insecurity.

Bostonhibby
01-12-2019, 11:49 AM
It's the lack of socks craze that drives me mental :grr::grr:Some sort of jogging bottoms with built in socks might be the answer? Maybe with a rubber glove sewn into the inside crotch area to bring a bit of decorum to proceedings?

The 90+2
01-12-2019, 11:52 AM

This. Nidrons. 😁

Lago
01-12-2019, 11:52 AM

:greengrin

The 90+2
01-12-2019, 11:53 AM
Used to be a working class thing to dress your best when not at work. Show a bit of pride and self respect.

Next you will get people in their jammies turning up at games with their coats over them. An absolute guarantee.

NAE NOOKIE
01-12-2019, 12:02 PM
Nothing says I have no self respect more than leaving the house in jogging bottoms other than for sporting purposes ... running away from the polis does not count as a sporting activity :greengrin

OtleyHibs
01-12-2019, 12:05 PM
At a slight tangent here. I was working in Castlemilk last week, apparently this is one of the poorer parts of Glasgow.

I had to question that when I noticed a fellow bus passenger was wearing a high viz, over a yellow Stone Island jerkin.

Was born and bred in Castlemilk, like most places there was a mix but probably fair to say it was very working class and had the same issues most housing schemes had, I loved it 😄

Been redeveloped a lot since I left, family still there so I visit a lot. I don’t notice the changes as much cos I’m just at my mums when I’m up but by the sounds of that suave gent redevelopment works 😄👍

Hibernia&Alba
01-12-2019, 12:10 PM
Another huge probelm just now is fat blokes in skinny jeans. They aren't designed for you, the key word is 'skinny'.

But the one that really winds me up is blokes walking about in shorts at this time of year. They must think the weather is mind over matter; that, if they tell themselves it's Greece in August, then it really is. I saw a guy in shorts walking his dog yesterday morning, when it must have been minus five.

Billy Whizz
01-12-2019, 12:12 PM
The 2 twelve year olds I take to the games, had no socks on yesterday. They thought they were hard men. Were squealing like babies towards the end of the game, feet were freezing

FilipinoHibs
01-12-2019, 12:18 PM

Long time ago and only if you had money or robbed a shop. Not applicable to most working class youngsters.

FilipinoHibs
01-12-2019, 12:21 PM

Lot that over here as welk🤪

hibbie02
01-12-2019, 12:26 PM
Where is Bob S and his sartorial expertise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-12-2019, 12:27 PM

Dashing Bob S would soon put a stop to such slovenly attire.

The Pointer
01-12-2019, 12:37 PM
This is one of my pet hates about going to games and seeing ridiculous gear, usually trackies of various kinds but nowadays these skinny efforts. What makes laddies wear them as they look completely radge?

As an aside, I sometimes turn on 6 Music on a Sunday morning when the dreary Mary-Ann Hobbs is on in the forlorn hope she plays some decent music. However, this morning as I was about to turn off she introduced a guy whom I think has written a book about trainers, brands etc and their place in football culture. I didn't hear it all but I think some of you who were around in the 80s and 90s and the Casual culture will find it quite interesting. Presumably it'll be on the BBC iPlayer.

Baader
01-12-2019, 12:51 PM
Jogging bottoms are a serious no no. If you wear them, just stop. And have a word. Hideous attire.

Hibernia&Alba
01-12-2019, 12:52 PM
Jogging bottoms are a serious no no. If you wear them, just stop. And have a word. Hideous attire.

:agree:
I only wear them in the house sometimes, for comfort. Would never step outside in them.

emerald green
01-12-2019, 01:00 PM
Even worse than jogging bottoms imo is a growing trend of men going around wearing Lycra leggings under shorts.

This is acceptable if you are employed as a cycle courier. Otherwise it's a no no. :rolleyes:

Hibernia&Alba
01-12-2019, 01:07 PM
Even worse than jogging bottoms imo is a growing trend of men going around wearing Lycra leggings under shorts.

This is acceptable if you are employed as a cycle courier. Otherwise it's a no no. :rolleyes:

:faf:

overdrive
01-12-2019, 01:08 PM

A guy at work turns up to meetings like this, except quite often not with the shorts. He tends to “manspread” as well. It’s vile.

Have to admit, though, I’ve done the Lycra trousers under the shorts routine at yoga a couple of times to stop embarrassing “wardrobe malfunctions”. :faf:

tamig
01-12-2019, 01:11 PM
This is one of my pet hates about going to games and seeing ridiculous gear, usually trackies of various kinds but nowadays these skinny efforts. What makes laddies wear them as they look completely radge?

As an aside, I sometimes turn on 6 Music on a Sunday morning when the dreary Mary-Ann Hobbs is on in the forlorn hope she plays some decent music. However, this morning as I was about to turn off she introduced a guy whom I think has written a book about trainers, brands etc and their place in football culture. I didn't hear it all but I think some of you who were around in the 80s and 90s and the Casual culture will find it quite interesting. Presumably it'll be on the BBC iPlayer.
I’ve got a book by Phil Thornton looking at the culture, fashion and music of the time. Was it him? Peter Hooton also has a similar book.

emerald green
01-12-2019, 01:27 PM
A guy at work turns up to meetings like this, except quite often not with the shorts. He tends to “manspread” as well. It’s vile.

Have to admit, though, I’ve done the Lycra trousers under the shorts routine at yoga a couple of times to stop embarrassing “wardrobe malfunctions”. :faf:

The bit in bold - wow. :shocked:

Pretty Boy
01-12-2019, 02:03 PM

I wear leggings under shorts when I'm running. It has it's practicalities. Do people do this for fashion though???

emerald green
01-12-2019, 02:10 PM
I wear leggings under shorts when I'm running. It has it's practicalities. Do people do this for fashion though???

If you feel that wearing Lycra leggings under shorts for running has it's practicalities then who am I to argue?

Anyone who sports this look for fashion though needs to wise up, go home, and change immediately. :greengrin

CloudSquall
01-12-2019, 02:14 PM
Jogging bottoms should result in an instant ban at ER, no exceptions.

Sauzee installed French flair and finesse almost 20 years ago, setting the standard for the faithful, it would frankly be a sin to bring standards down to such a bargain basement level.

Moody Blues
01-12-2019, 02:29 PM
Love wearing my grey jogging bottoms and so easy for having a good howk at my hee-haws

Keith_M
01-12-2019, 02:32 PM
Long time ago and only if you had money or robbed a shop. Not applicable to most working class youngsters.

I am avowedly working class and always dressed in my best bib and tucker for games as a kid.

Beneton jumper, Hugo Boss jeans and Adidas Gazelles.... all from hard earned Window Cleaning money!

:na na:

Greenbeard
01-12-2019, 02:40 PM
Next you will get people in their jammies turning up at games with their coats over them. An absolute guarantee.
Jammie bottoms under your troos keep you toastie at matches when it's freezing. Yes, I speak from experience.

G B Young
01-12-2019, 02:51 PM

They're everywhere. And they sure ain't worn for jogging. Lazy, shapeless garments that say 'I've given up on any sense of individuality.'

Has Seinfeld's prediction come true?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceRsfMaQ4r0

Baader
01-12-2019, 03:02 PM
They're everywhere. And they sure ain't worn for jogging. Lazy, shapeless garments that say 'I've given up on any sense of individuality.'

Has Seinfeld's prediction come true?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceRsfMaQ4r0

I'm afraid so. Just can't take anyone seriously who looks like they've left home wearing their pyjamas...

Hibeesmad
01-12-2019, 03:04 PM
I'm all for people wearing whatever they feel comfortable in :agree:

Hibernia&Alba
01-12-2019, 03:07 PM

In other words, you wear trackies at the game :greengrin

CathroMustStay
01-12-2019, 03:42 PM

This is such a tory post.

Hilarious.

Pretty Boy
01-12-2019, 03:55 PM

Hilarious.

It's exactly the opposite of a 'Tory post'.

In days gone by the 'working class' took a great pride in their appearance outside of work, look at football crowds in days gone by and witness every man in a shirt and tie. The only real identifier to class difference is the hats being worn. Wearing the Sunday best was an expected norm.

It's far more of a Tory post to assume the OP was referring solely to one socio economic group in his post or that said group are inherently slovenly in their dress and it is expected of them.

Hibernia&Alba
01-12-2019, 03:56 PM

Hilarious.
Au contraire. A Tory post would demand M&S slacks, fleece and anorak, worn with those comfortable shoes advertised in the Sunday paper magazines. Possibly a tartan blanket and a flask.

HappyAsHellas
01-12-2019, 03:58 PM
Jogging bottoms are great and fashion sucks.

Hibeesmad
01-12-2019, 04:02 PM
In other words, you wear trackies at the game :greengrin

Occasionally 🤪

LancsHibs
01-12-2019, 04:04 PM
Sports/leisure apparel in public is only acceptable when playing sports!

Cataplana
01-12-2019, 04:24 PM
Sports/leisure apparel in public is only acceptable when playing sports!

I have a sports jacket, which is only really suitable for the sport of drinking. Can I have some guidance please?

superfurryhibby
01-12-2019, 04:27 PM
It's exactly the opposite of a 'Tory post'.

In days gone by the 'working class' took a great pride in their appearance outside of work, look at football crowds in days gone by and witness every man in a shirt and tie. The only real identifier to class difference is the hats being worn. Wearing the Sunday best was an expected norm.

It's far more of a Tory post to assume the OP was referring solely to one socio economic group in his post or that said group are inherently slovenly in their dress and it is expected of them.

Clean living under difficult circumstances.

Hibernia&Alba
01-12-2019, 04:29 PM
I have a sports jacket, which is only really suitable for the sport of drinking. Can I have some guidance please?

Sports jaiket is fine and a world away fae grey trackie bottoms at the match :aok:

Foritza
01-12-2019, 04:52 PM

Diet or Full fat ?

kaimendhibs
01-12-2019, 04:55 PM
As long as they arent combined with dress shoes. Utter no no

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

tamig
01-12-2019, 04:57 PM

That would be bordering on McGlynn territory. Definite Hibby no-no.

The Pointer
01-12-2019, 05:00 PM
I’ve got a book by Phil Thornton looking at the culture, fashion and music of the time. Was it him? Peter Hooton also has a similar book.

No, it was a guy called Neal Heard and his book is called 'Trainers' although they discussed football fashion in general. It was never my style but nowadays find it interesting.

Got the programme presenter wrong though: it was Cerys Matthews.

Cataplana
01-12-2019, 05:02 PM

I won't get that picture out of my head now.

tamig
01-12-2019, 05:09 PM
No, it was a guy called Neal Heard and his book is called 'Trainers' although they discussed football fashion in general. It was never my style but nowadays find it interesting.

Got the programme presenter wrong though: it was Cerys Matthews.

I’d highly recommend the Thornton book. Really good read.

Squealing pig
01-12-2019, 07:15 PM
Joggers over skinny jeans

FilipinoHibs
01-12-2019, 07:54 PM
Au contraire. A Tory post would demand M&S slacks, fleece and anorak, worn with those comfortable shoes advertised in the Sunday paper magazines. Possibly a tartan blanket and a flask.

No Jambo golf club brigade.

LancsHibs
01-12-2019, 08:07 PM

Acceptable👍

Clarence
01-12-2019, 08:11 PM

Gilet Jaunes ya bass!

Scouse Hibee
01-12-2019, 08:22 PM
People can wear whatever they feel comfortable in.

Jones28
01-12-2019, 08:24 PM

Skinny jeans that are too short combined with dress shoes gies me the heave.

Hibernia&Alba
01-12-2019, 08:25 PM

Mini-skirt and high heels? Not me, just asking for a friend :greengrin

Jack Hackett
01-12-2019, 08:34 PM

Fill a glass with liquid, raise to mouth, empty liquid into mouth, swallow, wipe mouth on sleeve of sports jacket, repeat

patch1875
01-12-2019, 08:41 PM
Sweatpants are a sign of defeat. You lost control of your life so you bought some sweatpants.

Karl Lagerfeld

lyonhibs
01-12-2019, 08:55 PM

Yeah, likewise when it's a bit parky out. No way should cotton joggers be worn by humankind, ever, and definitely never ever outside, even during exercise. This is 2019, not 1959. Materials have moved on and cotton is highly impracticable.

Wakeyhibee
01-12-2019, 08:55 PM
The SPFL & SFA have not taken any significant steps against sectarianism or racism.

So what hope do we have of stamping out this new disease of "Joggerism". I mean it's purely another form of bullying and this board/thread is full of of culprits flagrantly out in the open marginalising these people, openly ridiculing them.

It's disgraceful, has no place in football and not
acceptable in this day and age.

I blame Petrie at the SFA. This is on your watch!!!

hibbydog
01-12-2019, 08:58 PM
I quite like the humour in this thread. But it’s much like the ‘should you be allowed to wear pyjamas to the shop’ debate. I’m torn between two opinions:

A/ Sort yourselves out you scheming Neanderthals. You really ought to have a little more self respect and take a bit more pride in how you turn yourself out.

B/ Ach, each to their own. It’s not as if it’s a job interview so people should mind their own business. Live and let live.

Hmmm.

ddoc
01-12-2019, 08:59 PM
A number of 'gentlemen' in my age group wear trackie's to my local. I have told my wife to suffocate me in my sleep should I ever start to wear them anywhere other than in the house or around the garden.

Hibernia&Alba
01-12-2019, 09:02 PM
A number of 'gentlemen' in my age group wear trackie's to my local. I have told my wife to suffocate me in my sleep should I ever start to wear them anywhere other than in the house or around the garden.

In bed in winter, if you don't have pyjamas. I might wear mine in the scratcher tonight, as it's Baltic.

Slavers
01-12-2019, 09:02 PM

Considering the choice of clothing Antifa members wear then I think this post is very much the pot calling the kettle black.

CMurdoch
01-12-2019, 10:39 PM

As another poster has stated Cerys Matthews was the presenter of the show you speak of.
Her Sunday morning show has great and interesting music on it. She really knows her stuff.
Mary-Ann Hobbs on the other hand presents a show every weekday morning and is a very annoying sook, overstater and a general slaver. Should be binned from 6 music.
P.S. Fun Lovin' Criminals front man Hughie Morgan has a 6 music show on Saturday mornings and plays tip top music. Well worth a listen.

Saint Hibee
01-12-2019, 10:42 PM

Amen.

HoboHarry
01-12-2019, 10:53 PM
Move to a warm climate and wear golf shorts all year round...... :tee hee:

Eyrie
01-12-2019, 11:07 PM
Mini-skirt and high heels? Not me, just asking for a friend :greengrin

Only during the summer.

It's a bit chilly just now for that look.

Hibernia&Alba
01-12-2019, 11:32 PM
Only during the summer.

It's a bit chilly just now for that look.

I - rather, my friend - notes what you say :greengrin

GreenArmyyy!
01-12-2019, 11:59 PM

worst post I’ve ever seen on .net, get a grip of yourself.

Kato
02-12-2019, 12:00 AM

Not into slob wear at all.Exactly mate, well said.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Hibernia&Alba
02-12-2019, 12:01 AM

I think it was meant to be humorous, lighten up.

Scouse Hibee
02-12-2019, 12:09 AM

You’ve just trumped it 😁

SteveHFC
02-12-2019, 12:26 AM
Another huge probelm just now is fat blokes in skinny jeans. They aren't designed for you, the key word is 'skinny'.

But the one that really winds me up is blokes walking about in shorts at this time of year. They must think the weather is mind over matter; that, if they tell themselves it's Greece in August, then it really is. I saw a guy in shorts walking his dog yesterday morning, when it must have been minus five.

I'm a skinny lad and wear skinny jeans. :greengrin

Saw someone wearing shorts yesterday while walking to the game. People who were shorts in this weather are weird.

Hibernia&Alba
02-12-2019, 12:30 AM

Saw someone wearing shorts yesterday while walking to the game. People who were shorts in this weather are weird.

That's how it's meant to be. Big yins in tight fitting clothes is terrible.

Bangkok Hibby
02-12-2019, 02:06 AM

Haha...you would not believe some of the attire you see over here 🙄

SteveHFC
02-12-2019, 02:21 AM

Big yins in skinny jeans should be handed lifetime bans. :agree:

tonyrougier123
02-12-2019, 04:01 AM
Skinny jeans are worse than joggies surely??
Joggies I understand the concept of,skin skin tight jeans and wee socks n ankles on view??nah thats for yuppies!!

FilipinoHibs
02-12-2019, 04:11 AM
Skinny jeans are worse than joggies surely??
Joggies I understand the concept of,skin skin tight jeans and wee socks n ankles on view??nah thats for yuppies!!

Don't think yuppies. Teenagers I can understand but over 20s it's time to grow up.

FilipinoHibs
02-12-2019, 04:15 AM
I think this settles the argument on tight jeans:
https://www.huzlers.com/new-study-shows-75-of-men-who-wear-skinny-jeans-are-attracted-to-other-men/

SRHibs
02-12-2019, 06:15 AM
Don't think yuppies. Teenagers I can understand but over 20s it's time to grow up.

OK boomer.

Clarence
02-12-2019, 06:52 AM

Hilarious.

I’ve seen a lot of the EDI Uni crew floating about the New Town in their joggereroonies so it might not just be aimed at the salt of the earth.

blackpoolhibs
02-12-2019, 06:53 AM
A few months ago i spotted a bloke walking down the street with a high viz jacket and camouflage trousers. :greengrin

jacomo
02-12-2019, 07:37 AM
You’ve just trumped it 😁

:agree:

Weegreenman
02-12-2019, 07:42 AM
I’ll be honest, I’ve never really looked to see what others are wearing. I couldn’t give a hoot.

Wear what you want but if I catch you booing, then you’ll get an earful from me.

MrRobot
02-12-2019, 08:03 AM

Same here :greengrin

i also wear black trackies(not joggies) to the game when it’s freezing.

im all about comfort and couldn’t give a toss what another human is wearing.

Sammy7nil
02-12-2019, 08:19 AM

I am a heavier chap hopefully not deemed too fat by the fat Police and I really like wearing skinny jeans. I think "normal" jeans feel like Oxford Bags or Bay City Roller trousers :greengrin

Sammy7nil
02-12-2019, 08:26 AM

What if people neither look nor feel comfortable with what they are wearing yet still wear clothes that they are clearly not suited for them? I have no issue with it I am just surprised what some people will do to be "fashionable" :greengrin I will stick with my nineties look although I am only in my late 50's :greengrin:wink:

Greenbeard
02-12-2019, 09:13 AM
A few months ago i spotted a bloke walking down the street with a high viz jacket and camouflage trousers. :greengrin
:faf:

Heard a story a few years back - maybe apocraf....appocri....apok..... - not sure if it's true or not - about an old guy who was a bit of a nutter who would wear his slippers to his local to entice wide-boy comments so he could then start a pagger.

Anthony Soprano
02-12-2019, 09:27 AM
Comfort over appearance auld yin, though tbf a look quality in mine

hibbyfraelibby
02-12-2019, 09:53 AM

You wear them in the house and garden? Begone satan for you are acursed already!

Keith_M
02-12-2019, 10:07 AM

Nah.

Wait till Brexit Gets Done and we'll ban these socialist ideals.

FilipinoHibs
02-12-2019, 10:13 AM
Nah.

Wait till Brexit Gets Done and we'll ban these socialist ideals.

We will all be in old tacky bottoms once the country is bankrupt after BREXIT.

Keith_M
02-12-2019, 02:38 PM
We will all be in old tacky bottoms once the country is bankrupt after BREXIT.

The Philipines is going bankrupt after Brexit?

jacomo
02-12-2019, 04:04 PM
The SPFL & SFA have not taken any significant steps against sectarianism or racism.

So what hope do we have of stamping out this new disease of "Joggerism". I mean it's purely another form of bullying and this board/thread is full of of culprits flagrantly out in the open marginalising these people, openly ridiculing them.

It's disgraceful, has no place in football and not
acceptable in this day and age.

I blame Petrie at the SFA. This is on your watch!!!

I’ve heard Rod takes a very dim view of joggerism.

In order to make a stand, he has decided to abandon his trademark dark suit (sometimes accompanied by overcoat and bunnet) and will henceforth be wearing joggers and scratching his balls at every match he attends.

ddoc
02-12-2019, 06:08 PM
You wear them in the house and garden? Begone satan for you are acursed already!

To late, that was a done deal years ago, and I am pretty sure that wearing trackies is pretty far down the list of my many misdemeanors.

Fuzzywuzzy
02-12-2019, 06:23 PM

Does that include those of the larger persuasion sporting a nylon football top?

JXM73
03-12-2019, 08:49 AM
Skinny jeans, with or without turn ups...asking for a friend..

I wear joggies out the house, usually to take bins out or dogs for a quick walk...anything further than 50m then its the creavat and smoking jacket....no pants... great living in one's own estate....

heretoday
03-12-2019, 09:15 AM

If you look at the crowd in shots of 50s/60s football action they look dressed for work in shirts, ties and raincoats.
I blame the Americans for destroying standards of dress and other things too.

FilipinoHibs
03-12-2019, 10:02 AM
The Philipines is going bankrupt after Brexit?

It is already bankrupt. We are in hock to the Chinese.

CloudSquall
03-12-2019, 10:05 AM

Username checks out.

FilipinoHibs
03-12-2019, 10:06 AM
If you look at the crowd in shots of 50s/60s football action they look dressed for work in shirts, ties and raincoats.
I blame the Americans for destroying standards of dress and other things too.

Late capitalism as well that has impoverished our youth. Pricing keeps the poor out of football. At ER we are seeing the better off of our class who can afford better clothes. In the cheap days of football and big crowds you saw a lot more poorly dressed fans. Now the odd one who gets to a game and does not have the correct dress code is pillored.

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-12-2019, 02:37 PM
Late capitalism as well that has impoverished our youth. Pricing keeps the poor out of football. At ER we are seeing the better off of our class who can afford better clothes. In the cheap days of football and big crowds you saw a lot more poorly dressed fans. Now the odd one who gets to a game and does not have the correct dress code is pillored.

I think you may be taking the thread a tad too seriously.

JXM73
03-12-2019, 02:43 PM
Hibs.net Fashion faux pas...

Skinny jeans
On fat blokes
With nae socks

Man buns
Half n half scarves
Football tops on grown men (accept at game or playing)
Joggy bottoms (outside prison)
Jammie bottoms at the shops
Anything maroon
Sashes

Feel free to keep going, maybe get put in next programme so we can get things sorted at ER

Hibernia&Alba
03-12-2019, 02:49 PM

Skinny jeans
On fat blokes
With nae socks

Man buns
Half n half scarves
Anything maroon
Sashes

Feel free to keep going, maybe get put in next programme so we can get things sorted at ER

Suit jaiket with jeans
Double denim
White socks

Cataplana
03-12-2019, 02:55 PM

Skinny jeans
On fat blokes
With nae socks

Man buns
Half n half scarves
Anything maroon
Sashes

Cardigans, obviously.
Baseball hats.
Adidas Bamba
V Necked jumpers
Skipper training shoes.

CloudSquall
03-12-2019, 03:06 PM
As a skinny guy I have to stand up for skinny jeans for skinny guys, anything else looks awful, we need to be accentuating our assets :greengrin

Anybody over a waist size of 30 who is sporting them however should be outlawed alongside the grey jogging bottom filth.

Keith_M
03-12-2019, 03:21 PM
As a skinny guy I have to stand up for skinny jeans for skinny guys, anything else looks awful, we need to be accentuating our assets :greengrin

Anybody over a waist size of 30 who is sporting them however should be outlawed alongside the grey jogging bottom filth.

There's a difference between "Slim Fit" (perfectly acceptable) and Skinny Jeans.

If you're not sure of the difference, Skinny Jeans can be identified in the following ways:

The ankles don't look wide enough to fit your feet through.
They are usually too short, exposing the fact you're not wearing socks.
The wearer often has a pained expression and frequently tries to re-adjust the crotch area to reduce said pain.

...and finally...

The wearer's 15 year old sister can quite often be found following the gentleman in question, trying to get her jeans back.

lyonhibs
03-12-2019, 03:23 PM

And rightly so :agree:

Scouse Hibee
03-12-2019, 03:51 PM
Hibs are an inclusive club, all standards of attire are accepted and those who choose to be sheep and follow trends are included. So all you guys who think you look cool in the latest gear, don’t worry about it, many of you look ridiculous but you will also be accepted.

I'm Spartacus
03-12-2019, 04:06 PM
Black skinny jeans.
Black Nike Vapormax.
Black puffa jacket.
No socks.

The above is the staple of today's youth.

Bostonhibby
03-12-2019, 04:18 PM
Brown corduroy strides with expandable waist feature, jobby brown/reddish Pringle jumper (ok, maroon), chunky gold neck chain on show, black brogues - often worn with brightly coloured socks in an attempt to be a rebel?

Just asking for a friend[emoji6]

HappyAsHellas
03-12-2019, 05:10 PM
If you want to know if someone is wearing genuine skinny jeans, just follow him into the toilet at half time. If he enters a cubicle on his own in an orderly fashion then they are slim fit jeans. Goes in with his similarly attired mate, closely followed by snorting sounds the it's the real skinny jeans.

Jones28
03-12-2019, 05:52 PM
Brown corduroy strides with expandable waist feature, jobby brown/reddish Pringle jumper (ok, maroon), chunky gold neck chain on show, black brogues - often worn with brightly coloured socks in an attempt to be a rebel?

Just asking for a friend[emoji6]

Good effort, but the chain should only be visible when you bend down over your female colleague to “check something”.

tamig
03-12-2019, 07:57 PM
I think you may be taking the thread a tad too seriously.

And not sure when he was last at ER.

we are hibs
03-12-2019, 08:07 PM
Anyone who wears trainers to Easter Road that aren't Adidas should be permanently banned.

Pretty Boy
03-12-2019, 08:20 PM
Anyone who ever wears trainers that aren't Adidas should be forced to watch 'Craig Levein's wittiest one liners' for eternity.

Sorted.

BS44
03-12-2019, 11:03 PM
Anyone who wears trainers to Easter Road that aren't Adidas should be permanently banned.

Coolest of all cool cats wear New Balance

One Day Soon
03-12-2019, 11:46 PM
Best .net thread in ages.

One Day Soon
03-12-2019, 11:48 PM

That sounds more like a Lib/Dem post to me...

cocteautwin
04-12-2019, 05:57 AM
Coolest of all cool cats wear New Balance

Grey New Balance trainers are the choice of footwear for badly dressed American dads. Normally accompanied by overwashed blue jeans that are just a little to loose around the ankle.

FilipinoHibs
04-12-2019, 07:28 AM

Yes agree with that.i hate Nike.

Bristolhibby
04-12-2019, 12:59 PM
Skinny jeans that are too short combined with dress shoes gies me the heave.

With no socks. WTF?!?

J

Bristolhibby
04-12-2019, 01:00 PM
Yes agree with that.i hate Nike.

For shame, Air Max 1s are beautiful.

J

Bristolhibby
04-12-2019, 01:03 PM
Cardigans, obviously.
Baseball hats.
Adidas Bamba
V Necked jumpers
Skipper training shoes.

As a bald man with pale skin, I’ll defend the baseball cap. My head gets flayed in the sun without one.

There’s only a small window in the year when I do t wear a hat. Beanies in the winter and caps in the summer.

April ish time is usually my no hat month. (Providing it’s not too cold or too sunny).

J

NAE NOOKIE
04-12-2019, 01:03 PM

Skinny jeans
On fat blokes
With nae socks

Man buns
Half n half scarves
Anything maroon
Sashes

Who can argue with any of this. I declare myself neutral in this thread, a sort of fashion Switzerland as it were, having been a jeans, trainers and T shirt wearer for the last 50 years :greengrin

1 8 7 5
04-12-2019, 01:10 PM

Half n half scarves

deserves death. :agree:

only acceptable when playing.

Cardigans, obviously.

Adidas Bamba

Sambas tae!

Sorted.

Greenbeard
04-12-2019, 01:11 PM
Complex. Got one now for sure. Local charity shop will be getting a couple of bin bags of discarded items this weekend.
Grey marl brushed cotton leisure shorts anyone? Minimal staining.

Is It On....
04-12-2019, 01:12 PM

No socks, half mast trousers..even in the 80s this wasn't acceptable..

Barman Stanton
04-12-2019, 01:12 PM

While I'm partial to my ZX8000s, I do prefer old retro Nike's personally. Could be the 80's kid in me who still wants to be Michael J Fox. Also if everyone was wearing adidas, damn right I would want to wear something else.

jacomo
04-12-2019, 02:08 PM

How about Sergio Tacchinis for that retro CCS vibe?

EDIT: maybe this was more a HBC thing?!

1 8 7 5
04-12-2019, 02:12 PM
How about Sergio Tacchinis for that retro CCS vibe?

EDIT: maybe this was more a HBC thing?!

Neither.

Tachini tops, for a small part early 90s yes , but never the trainers....

The Pointer
04-12-2019, 03:26 PM
Nae Bass Rocks - leave that to Charlie Nicholas circa 1982. As for white yins, my wee brother always used to say, "Only bus drivers wear white socks."

HoboHarry
04-12-2019, 03:28 PM
FFS, I'm a fashion catastrophe judging by this thread.....

StevesFamau5
04-12-2019, 05:41 PM
For shame, Air Max 1s are beautiful.

JAgreed... Also love a pair of Air Max 90s...

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Renton1875
04-12-2019, 05:54 PM
Nae Bass Rocks - leave that to Charlie Nicholas circa 1982. As for white yins, my wee brother always used to say, "Only bus drivers wear white socks."

Reminds me of when I was 15 and being a smart alec was taking the p!$$ out of my form teacher's grey socks. He went along with it and then with deadly timing replied "I like your white socks, does that mean you're still a virgin". Ooft.

hibbyfraelibby
04-12-2019, 05:55 PM
So is it acceptable to come out as a man at C&A?

jacomo
04-12-2019, 06:31 PM
Neither.

Tachini tops, for a small part early 90s yes , but never the trainers....

Ok maybe a wannabe HBC thing?

Keith_M
04-12-2019, 06:31 PM
While I'm partial to my ZX8000s, I do prefer old retro Nike's personally. Could be the 80's kid in me who still wants to be Michael J Fox. Also if everyone was wearing adidas, damn right I would want to wear something else.

In the mid/early 80s, I favoured the white Nike Court.

Found a photo online (https://i.pinimg.com/originals/a8/38/41/a8384140b5b4e1fd470d3f2b2dc9978f.jpg)of a (rather mucky) pair.

FilipinoHibs
04-12-2019, 08:05 PM
In the mid/early 80s, I favoured the white Nike Court.

Found a photo online (https://i.pinimg.com/originals/a8/38/41/a8384140b5b4e1fd470d3f2b2dc9978f.jpg)of a (rather mucky) pair.

For football it us only the three stripes. Nike a USA basket ball running shoe. Don't dilute our culture.

heretoday
06-12-2019, 05:47 AM

My grandad whispered that to me just before he croaked. I've borne that advice all my life.

spike220
06-12-2019, 06:22 AM
Has anyone for a copy of that iconic hibs net photo of a past hearts manager wearing half suit half tracksuit???

I can't remember who the manager was.

hibbyfraelibby
06-12-2019, 07:47 AM
Has anyone for a copy of that iconic hibs net photo of a past hearts manager wearing half suit half tracksuit???

The coach driver...

Barman Stanton
06-12-2019, 08:09 AM
For football it us only the three stripes. Nike a USA basket ball running shoe. Don't dilute our culture.

Wanting everyone to wear the same thing is everything thats wrong in Scottish football at the moment.

Plus what kind of psycho doesnt love Nike Omega Flames.

spike220
06-12-2019, 08:19 AM
Found it!!!!

spike220
06-12-2019, 08:21 AM
Only in Scotland could something like this happen!

Gloucester Hibs
06-12-2019, 08:37 AM
Found it!!!!

A thing of beauty! 😍😂

FilipinoHibs
06-12-2019, 09:54 AM
Wanting everyone to wear the same thing is everything thats wrong in Scottish football at the moment.

Plus what kind of psycho doesnt love Nike Omega Flames.

We should stop this alien attack on our culture. Don't fall for the flash gear. Back to Addidas and Gola please.

By boys are all keen basket ball players and have the latest flashes Nike shoes. But I really know they are jealous of the beautiful simplicity of my Adidas Sambas.

Barman Stanton
06-12-2019, 10:02 AM
We should stop this alien attack on our culture. Don't fall for the flash gear. Back to Addidas and Gola please.

By boys are all keen basket ball players and have the latest flashes Nike shoes. But I really know they are jealous of the beautiful simplicity of my Adidas Sambas.

Thats all very well if you like walking on cardboard type soles. Its no wonder we have such a moaning support. Their feet are all probably aching. Whilst I'm standing in my comfortable green Nike Air Spans, quite content with the current mid table obscurity.

marinello59
06-12-2019, 10:27 AM

I think it was John McGlynn.

FilipinoHibs
06-12-2019, 10:34 AM
Thats all very well if you like walking on cardboard type soles. Its no wonder we have such a moaning support. Their feet are all probably aching. Whilst I'm standing in my comfortable green Nike Air Spans, quite content with the current mid table obscurity.

Folk like you are blocking the view fir us Addidas boys and girls.

FilipinoHibs
06-12-2019, 10:34 AM

Such Hearts class.

Barman Stanton
06-12-2019, 10:54 AM
Folk like you are blocking the view fir us Addidas boys and girls.

Only because you need to sit down and rest your aching feet.

Keith_M
06-12-2019, 11:47 AM

Adidas is your culture?

Sorry, I didn't realise you were German

:wink:

FilipinoHibs
06-12-2019, 11:49 AM
Adidas is your culture?

Sorry, I didn't realise you were German

:wink:

Football culture. I am pure Latin Scot.

Puma passable and Gola that swore by in my heyday.

Barman Stanton
06-12-2019, 12:28 PM
Football culture. I am pure Latin Scot.

Puma passable and Gola that swore by in my heyday.

You would have got your head kicked in wearing Gola when I was I a kid (or called a tramp which was even worse lol) :agree:

lyonhibs
06-12-2019, 12:36 PM
You would have got your head kicked in wearing Gola when I was I a kid (or called a tramp which was even worse lol) :agree:

Likewise. Gola?? Might as well just commit social suicide and be done with it.

CloudSquall
06-12-2019, 12:37 PM

If you're not replacating the Sauzee look the turnstyle should be locked for you on matchdays.

Scorrie
06-12-2019, 12:50 PM

👏👏👏 brilliant post. Spat ma cup of tea out there!

Baader
06-12-2019, 12:57 PM

This is how it was back in the day. I remember the Gola revival about 15 years ago and remembered what happened to the original wearers. Passed on that one.

spike220
06-12-2019, 07:08 PM

What kind of people think it is okay to wear a shirt and tie with joggers, trainers and a baseball cap????

Scorrie
06-12-2019, 07:10 PM
What kind of people think it is okay to wear a shirt and tie with joggers, trainers and a baseball cap????

Yams?

JXM73
07-12-2019, 02:41 PM
Some sights already, tube in a man city jacket and kid in grey trackie shorts and bright white socks.... i despair 🤣😂

Bostonhibby
07-12-2019, 02:45 PM
What kind of people think it is okay to wear a shirt and tie with joggers, trainers and a baseball cap????Duncans at a wedding/christening/funeral?

Squealing pig
07-12-2019, 10:13 PM
Least everyone was wearing a smile at full time 😀

Carheenlea
08-12-2019, 08:27 AM
Jack Ross had a cardigan on yesterday, so we need to score that one off the list of banned items.

Special mention to Tam McCourt who despite it being in mid December was sat in dugout with just a polo shirt on - tough as old boots..

Pretty Boy
08-12-2019, 08:37 AM
Jack Ross had a cardigan on yesterday, so we need to score that one off the list of banned items.

Special mention to Tam McCourt who despite it being in mid December was sat in dugout with just a polo shirt on - tough as old boots..

Quality knitwear worn well is an under appreciated wardrobe essential. Either worn as a statement piece or simply for practicality.

FilipinoHibs
08-12-2019, 08:43 AM
Quality knitwear worn well is an under appreciated wardrobe essential. Either worn as a statement piece or simply for practicality.

I think the issue with Jambo cardigans is their colour, looseness and buttons.

Pretty Boy
08-12-2019, 08:47 AM
I think the issue with Jambo cardigans is their colour, looseness and buttons.

That goes without saying. A mustard cardigan with polyester slacks is certainly a statement piece. That statement being:

'I'm a Hertz prick'

.Sean.
08-12-2019, 08:49 AM
Absolutely mind boggling that despite it being pishing with rain and about two degrees you’ve still got folk wearing their deed cat wee sisters jeans and no socks. On what planet is that a good look 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Carheenlea
08-12-2019, 08:49 AM
Dark, slim fitted cardigans & worn with black tailored trousers - in

Maroon, ill fitted cardigans & worn with baggy cords - out