PDA

View Full Version : Tannoy System in FF Stand

GordonHFC
01-12-2019, 07:50 AM
Can I suggest the club not invite special guests to attend during matches until this has been fixed. Waste of time having Josh Taylor attend yesterday as we could not understand a single word he said. What was/is the point?

GreenCastle
01-12-2019, 08:27 AM
The announcement midway through 2nd half was clear.

Can announcements not be made from that ? Assume this system isn’t mobile.

But agree couldn’t hear a word.

It was great to have Josh at ER - best guest for a while but couldn’t hear in upper East.

We have this thread every week for past few years so nothing new.

HibsAnnouncer
01-12-2019, 01:33 PM
Hey guys

I have an update on the situation on this last week. We have no sound in the North & South of the stadium. The club are aware of it and the good news is that it is now in hand.

Helensburghhibs
01-12-2019, 02:30 PM
The announcement midway through 2nd half was clear.

Can announcements not be made from that ? Assume this system isn’t mobile.

But agree couldn’t hear a word.

It was great to have Josh at ER - best guest for a while but couldn’t hear in upper East.

We have this thread every week for past few years so nothing new.

What was the announcement? I wondered at the time as it didn't come. Out in ff upper

Speedway
01-12-2019, 02:36 PM
What was the announcement? I wondered at the time as it didn't come. Out in ff upper

It was:

‘Mmmmffffbbbllllppmmmfffgggtyhhhvvmmmmfff’

GreenCastle
01-12-2019, 02:42 PM
Hey guys

I have an update on the situation on this last week. We have no sound in the North & South of the stadium. The club are aware of it and the good news is that it is now in hand.

Early Xmas present from Hibs of a new tannoy ?

Was actually nice to hear a clear voice say the announcement - guests like Taylor Male half time much better.

Club need to do more interesting challenges - the marathon bet one with landing footballs in centre circle was the best. Bring it back but Hibs style.

Johnny Clash
01-12-2019, 04:01 PM
Hey guys

It’s completely muffled in the East. Couldn’t make out a single word. Why is that?

H18 SFR
01-12-2019, 04:23 PM
It’s completely muffled in the East. Couldn’t make out a single word. Why is that?

Petrie!

HibsAnnouncer
01-12-2019, 05:35 PM

If you have a look around each stand and the speakers within, you will notice that the speakers within the east stand are much smaller than those located in the other three stands. The speakers that are in the east are the old terracing speakers hence the much lower quality.

cabbageandribs1875
01-12-2019, 05:38 PM
half way through a tune pre-match and all of a sudden speakers went off in the east, sounded like it was changed to the FF instead

Hibby70
01-12-2019, 06:43 PM
people who say Tannoy when they mean public address system. Tannoy is a brand name.

BoomtownHibees
01-12-2019, 06:44 PM
people who say Tannoy when they mean public address system. Tannoy is a brand name.

I take it you vacuum the carpets as well aye?

Hibby70
01-12-2019, 07:03 PM
I take it you vacuum the carpets as well aye?

No I Dyson them. 😁

GreenCastle
01-12-2019, 08:35 PM
If you have a look around each stand and the speakers within, you will notice that the speakers within the east stand are much smaller than those located in the other three stands. The speakers that are in the east are the old terracing speakers hence the much lower quality.

That is so Petrie !

Speedy
02-12-2019, 10:03 AM

I heard it broke when someone threw a frisbee at it. They've put it back together with sellotape and blu tack but will need to google an engineer to fix it properly.

Diclonius
02-12-2019, 10:06 AM
In my ten years as an ST holder in the West I've never been able to make out what is being said on the tannoy. It's a problem which requires a complete overhauling of the equipment.

Other clubs can make it work on a much smaller budget and so can we. I'm aware the announcer does what he can to improve the sound quality with the speakers we have but it goes beyond that.