PDA

View Full Version : 1 Clean sheet in the League all season

FifeHibs
30-11-2019, 07:51 PM
No one has answers but 1 clean sheet in the league this year is not a great statistic.

maybe Bogdan will give us our next one :)

Onward and upwards, though we played really well today 👍

Sir David Gray
30-11-2019, 07:57 PM
Only 3 teams have scored more goals in the league so far but also only 2 teams have conceded more goals.

We're letting in an average of 2 goals per game so far which really isn't good.

Iggy Pope
30-11-2019, 08:19 PM
No one has answers but 1 clean sheet in the league this year is not a great statistic.

Lack of clean sheets is the obvious reason for us being 5th not 3rd.

Ozyhibby
30-11-2019, 09:17 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191130/00e57489e00952ff1ed0759fb5047ee7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wookie70
30-11-2019, 09:47 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191130/00e57489e00952ff1ed0759fb5047ee7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No idea how that stat is generated but Maxwell made a great save today and was not at fault for their goals. Our squad isn't really designed to get clean sheets at the moment. Too many lightweight small non combative midfielders. A few good winter break purchases and we can start seeing these games out

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-11-2019, 10:19 PM

Liverpool have only had 2 this season.

MWHIBBIES
30-11-2019, 10:32 PM
Liverpool have only had 2 this season.

So we're not the only ones needing Bogdan back

Onceinawhile
30-11-2019, 10:34 PM
So we're not the only ones needing Bogdan back

😂😂😂

Baader
01-12-2019, 12:40 AM
Obvious where we need to improve. I'm 43 now and can only remember us having a tight defence when Franck was playing it. We just never seem mean at the back.

Brightside
01-12-2019, 12:43 AM
For the love of god. We are getting better all the time 4th is a real target.

davhibby
01-12-2019, 12:47 AM
No idea how that stat is generated but Maxwell made a great save today and was not at fault for their goals. Our squad isn't really designed to get clean sheets at the moment. Too many lightweight small non combative midfielders. A few good winter break purchases and we can start seeing these games out

Exactly, Maxwell probably isn’t our best keeper but he’s not really done anything wrong and that save today was really good. Think people are forgetting the poor mistakes Ofir was making at the start of the season

lord bunberry
01-12-2019, 12:59 AM
I’d rather we played in a manner that meant we scored goals, but at times conceded goals, than playing to not concede. The games are exciting, we score goals and everyone is entertained. We’ll win a lot more than we’ll lose playing this way.

Captain Trips
01-12-2019, 02:59 AM
Efe Ambrose "the bombscare". If he is a bombscare then our defenders have been bombing a lot this season. Shambolic at times some players have made more bad positional decisions and other errors so far this season than than anything Ambrose did yet he has this tag.

green day
01-12-2019, 07:27 AM
Form table for last 6 matches - outside of Huns, we are the only unbeaten team and lie 4th.

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/scottish-premiership/form-guide

Its obvious where our problems lie, but I would rather be here now with Ross looking to resolve the issue than watching Heckys boring one man up front pish ad infinitum.

Doidge for golden boot !!

TheHarpy76
01-12-2019, 07:58 AM

We’ll end up mid-table or lower if we keep shipping goals. 2 clean sheets all season and none in the league since the opening day is unacceptable.

Heisenberg
01-12-2019, 08:09 AM
We are at least playing some good football now to make our leaky defence a bit more palatable. Yesterday was absolutely miles away from our performance in the 2-2 draw vs County.

Weegreenman
01-12-2019, 08:36 AM
Efe Ambrose "the bombscare". If he is a bombscare then our defenders have been bombing a lot this season. Shambolic at times some players have made more bad positional decisions and other errors so far this season than than anything Ambrose did yet he has this tag.

No bother Efe 👌🏿

MrRobot
01-12-2019, 10:03 AM

Not maxwells biggest fan, but he did make a good save and had little chance with the goals. But i still don’t think he is good enough, i have very little confidence when the mall comes near the box.

Bogdan for me, guy is quality.

MWHIBBIES
01-12-2019, 10:07 AM
We've played the 2 sides also in competition for 4th in the last 2 weeks. Close game with Motherwell but we won it. Easily better than Kilmarnock, they won't finish above us.

Vault Boy
01-12-2019, 10:11 AM

But we do have 1 clean sheet in the league this season...

There's nothing overly critical or unfair about this thread, it highlights a statistic that represents the biggest issue of the season thus far.

We've improved a hell of a lot since Heckingbottom left, but we've still conceded 5 in 4 games.

B.H.F.C
01-12-2019, 10:11 AM
I’d rather we played in a manner that meant we scored goals, but at times conceded goals, than playing to not concede. The games are exciting, we score goals and everyone is entertained. We’ll win a lot more than we’ll lose playing this way.

I agree with that. The problem is that, even when we set up negatively, we still conceded. The fact we are actually trying to score goals now is means that conceding is less of an issue. But defensively, we’re not good, whatever way we try to play.

erin go bragh
01-12-2019, 10:46 AM
But we do have 1 clean sheet in the league this season...

There's nothing overly critical or unfair about this thread, it highlights a statistic that represents the biggest issue of the season thus far.

We've improved a hell of a lot since Heckingbottom left, but we've still conceded 5 in 4 games.

And scored 11 . Gaining 13pts out of 15 !!

Vault Boy
01-12-2019, 11:00 AM
And scored 11 . Gaining 13pts out of 15 !!

Yep, delighted with that. It doesn't mean that we should ignore the frailties that remain, they need to be addressed going forward.

You won't find a Hibs fan happier with Hexit or the performances since then than me, but the season as a whole is a lot more than 4 games and I think it's important that the issues aren't treated as an oversight.

Not a stick to beat the players or staff with, I think they've been brilliant recently.

jacomo
01-12-2019, 11:21 AM
Obvious where we need to improve. I'm 43 now and can only remember us having a tight defence when Franck was playing it. We just never seem mean at the back.

2018 - we had the best defence in Scotland before it fell apart in October.

The key is not just the back 5 but control and intelligence in the middle of the park.