PDA

View Full Version : NHC How far will Scotland get in Euro 2020?

theonlywayisup
30-11-2019, 06:56 PM
Our route to the final is now clearer (no laughing at the back, please)

Play-off semi at Hampden versus a poor Israel
Play-off final away to either Norway or Serbia
Group stage versus England (at our second home Wembley) with games at Hampden against Czech Republic and Croatia on either side
Last 16 game against one of Germany, France or Portugal if we win the group or runner-up from the Spain group or possibly someone else if we finish one of the best 3rd place teams
Quarter Final
Semi Final
Losing Finalists
Winners

:saltireflag:saltireflag:saltireflag

8 choices, so what do you think? All serious or non-serious views welcomed.

TamHibs
30-11-2019, 06:59 PM
I can’t see us getting past the playoff final unfortunately, however if we do then I see no reason why we can’t finish 2nd in the group and qualify for the knockout stage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hibeesmad
30-11-2019, 07:02 PM
There is going to be a lot of disappointment when Norway or Serbia win the play off final

Sir David Gray
30-11-2019, 07:03 PM
Play off final, we won't beat Norway or Serbia.

theonlywayisup
30-11-2019, 07:13 PM
My thoughts are that we'll beat Israel at Hampden Park. Then away to Serbia and we'll score a last minute winner by James Forrest.

On to the Euros, and we'll comfortably qualify. C'mon Czech Republic and Serbia at Hampden, that's easy!! And we have England at our second home, Wembley!!

Round of last sixteen will be difficult, but thought we would sneak it. After all, wha's like us.

Then I sort of woke up and thought we would struggle to get past the quarters.

:saltireflag:saltireflag:saltireflag

theonlywayisup
01-12-2019, 08:23 PM
Looks like the majority think we'll lose in the play-off final.

C'mon Scotland, prove them wrong.

lord bunberry
01-12-2019, 08:50 PM
If we beat Israel then we’ve got a winnable one off game to get to major competition where we’ll have two group games at Hampden and one at Wembley. The importance of these two games can’t be emphasised more.

Scouse Hibee
01-12-2019, 09:09 PM
I’m at the back 😂

Sweet Left Peg
01-12-2019, 09:37 PM
First off, I want all players available for the Israel game unless they have lost at least two limbs. None of this pissing about, pretending to be injured when their country calls them up. Funny how only a couple of days rest can cure a lot of injuries. Play our strongest 11 and we win that game.

Onto the final and same applies. Want it, win it, qualify. It will be difficult but not impossible. Especially away from home. We'd need to be solid at the back to get through that final which would be a concern to me right now as I think it's a weak area. Still winnable though IF we have everyone available.

After that, bring it on. Two games at Hampden in a major tournament is a huge incentive. Selfishly, I've got tickets for one group game and the last 16 which could also, potentially, include Scotland. Huge chance to get there but it all starts with the attitude against Israel.

Frazerbob
01-12-2019, 09:40 PM
First off, I want all players available for the Israel game unless they have lost at least two limbs. None of this pissing about, pretending to be injured when their country calls them up. Funny how only a couple of days rest can cure a lot of injuries. Play our strongest 11 and we win that game.

Onto the final and same applies. Want it, win it, qualify. It will be difficult but not impossible. Especially away from home. We'd need to be solid at the back to get through that final which would be a concern to me right now as I think it's a weak area. Still winnable though IF we have everyone available.

After that, bring it on. Two games at Hampden in a major tournament is a huge incentive. Selfishly, I've got tickets for one group game and the last 16 which could also, potentially, include Scotland. Huge chance to get there but it all starts with the attitude against Israel.

The withdrawals will mysteriously be few and far between in March.

MagicSwirlingShip
01-12-2019, 09:54 PM
I'd fancy us to beat Norway away, but not Serbia.

CloudSquall
01-12-2019, 09:59 PM
Last 16, the Super combo of McGinn and Leigh will ignite a rocket behind Scotland.

WellingtonHibby
02-12-2019, 07:00 AM
I'd fancy us to beat Norway away, but not Serbia.

Pretty sure Norway are unbeaten at home for about a decade and turned over a good few teams. Plus they have that boy Haarland who is a monster

Since90+2
02-12-2019, 07:01 AM
We won't qualify. If we beat Israel, which is by no means a certainty, Norway or Serbia will beat us.

The Spaceman
02-12-2019, 07:04 AM
Scotland to shock everyone and go through to the Group Stages after a narrow, largely undeserved victory in the play-off final against Serbia.

we are hibs
02-12-2019, 10:25 AM
If we somehow get there lets hope and pray we finish 2nd rather than 1st to avoid france, germany or portugal. Let croatia finish 1st. The other 2 minnows can just deal with it.

Zazu62
02-12-2019, 11:00 AM
Erling Braut Haland. Close thread.

WeeRussell
02-12-2019, 11:29 AM
It's not ridiculous that we could qualify now. But I do think the most probably outcome right now is we lose in Serbia.

Bring it on all the same!

eastmainsmsh
02-12-2019, 12:00 PM
nothing to lose if we can get sparky back fit then we have a chance

Diclonius
02-12-2019, 12:03 PM
We'll scrape past Israel and then Serbia or Norway will comfortably beat us.

If we actually make it then I don't care how well we do. It'll be amazing.

The_Exile
02-12-2019, 12:03 PM
Absolutely schooled by a poor Israel.

lord bunberry
02-12-2019, 12:10 PM
Erling Braut Haland. Close thread.
If they are that good how did they not qualify automatically?

Zazu62
02-12-2019, 12:14 PM
If they are that good how did they not qualify automatically?

I’m talking about Norway vs Scotland in a one off game, our defence wouldn’t handle him

pontius pilate
02-12-2019, 12:21 PM
For me it depends on who turns up and by that I mean who actually turns up in the pitch and not for the squad. We have talented players but when it comes to pulling on a scotland Jersey their form disappears strangely. Robertson McGregor Forrest to name a few. If we can get Robertson McGregor Christie Tierney Sparky on the top of their game i reckon we would have a good chance. It's obvious CH is the problem for us hopefully Cooper is fit again maybe we should look at steven caulker he is only 27 and playing in Turkey and has stated he his desire to play for scotland

lord bunberry
02-12-2019, 12:24 PM
I’m talking about Norway vs Scotland in a one off game, our defence wouldn’t handle him
They only won 4 of their 10 qualifying games. I’m not saying we’ll beat them in fact we’re not certain to beat Israel, but it’s not an impossible task.

Peevemor
02-12-2019, 12:26 PM
They only won 4 of their 10 qualifying games. I’m not saying we’ll beat them in fact we’re not certain to beat Israel, but it’s not an impossible task.

Depends whether they put Rocky or Maxwell in goals. :greengrin

lord bunberry
02-12-2019, 01:59 PM
Depends whether they put Rocky or Maxwell in goals. :greengrin
Good point :greengrin

The 90+2
02-12-2019, 02:01 PM
Group stages. Serbia to beat Norway with two sent off.

Glory Lurker
02-12-2019, 09:33 PM
Acht, let's just win the whole thing already. Nut?

MagicSwirlingShip
02-12-2019, 10:47 PM
Pretty sure Norway are unbeaten at home for about a decade and turned over a good few teams. Plus they have that boy Haarland who is a monster

You are right. But all teams at this level have star players. Looking at the two squads, Serbia's looks stronger IMO. Plus, the prospect of an away tie in Oslo looks more appealing than Belgrade.

just my 2p. Israel at Hampden first :saltireflag