PDA

View Full Version : Controversial away derby opinion thread

Springbank
29-11-2019, 07:18 PM
Happy to start by saying I know this will be controversial

But...

My favourite Tynecastle derby of recent years wasnt the millennium derby win (though I made a major effort to get there in time for kick off from sicily) and it wasnt any other victories.

It was the game after we won the Cup...the 0-0 in the Cup where the Hibs end had 2 x 20min sing songs of Runaround Sue: Hibs Hibs woah Hibees 3 Rangers 2, Jambos know that it's TRUE, Fxxx yer 1902

I have never ever enjoyed a 0-0 before

But that was 90 mins behind the goals in EH11 that I'd gladly relive again & again & again

Hibs Hibs
Wooooah
Hibs Hibs
Hibees 3 Rangers 2
Jambos know that it's TRUE
Ram yer 1902 :)

Pretty Boy
29-11-2019, 07:23 PM
That was a great day, they were absolutely sick. Every single time they tried to respond with some reference to 5-1 it just got laughed at then drowned out. Made it even better that we absolutely destroyed them in the replay as well.

Beating Rangers 3-2 at Ibrox in the 1st game against them after the final was another great day out. Their pathetic pitch invasion after they scored early and thought they were all set for revenge made it all the sweeter.

Broken Gnome
29-11-2019, 07:32 PM
We almost lucked out in the 16/17 cup run. The biggest nightmare would have been getting knocked out as holders at Tynie - lo and behold we got to go in the first game after the final, scoring eight no less, and if that wasn't convenient enough they only made us go there again.

Stuffing hearts, singing two in a row all the way to the semi final, having about as creditable defeat as we could've mustered right up to Rocky's header in the semi - was about as enjoyable a cup run as we could've had without winning the thing again.

BILLYHIBS
29-11-2019, 08:05 PM
Not recent but 1st January 1973 the day the UK joined the European Economic Community

Hearts 0 v 7 Hibernian

The greatest game in history

Late comers couldnae believe HIBS were 2-0 up and it was five by half time

The Hearts fans did a mass Brexit at half time :greengrin

Kojock
29-11-2019, 08:37 PM
Defo the 0-7 as an 11 year old boy. My brother couldn't go cause he was ill, me and my dad went to the Hibs end but the queues were massive. Went into the Hear7s end behind the goals and we were 0-5 at half time. Hear7s fans were burning their scarves. Even though everyone knew we were Hibs supporters there was no animosity or abuse. Changed days........

Frazerbob
29-11-2019, 08:51 PM
We almost lucked out in the 16/17 cup run. The biggest nightmare would have been getting knocked out as holders at Tynie - lo and behold we got to go in the first game after the final, scoring eight no less, and if that wasn't convenient enough they only made us go there again.

Stuffing hearts, singing two in a row all the way to the semi final, having about as creditable defeat as we could've mustered right up to Rocky's header in the semi - was about as enjoyable a cup run as we could've had without winning the thing again.

That game at Ibrox is one of my all time favourites. It was just a party for 2 and a bit hours. Totally ripped the piss out of them. Hillarious!

BILLYHIBS
29-11-2019, 09:45 PM
Defo the 0-7 as an 11 year old boy. My brother couldn't go cause he was ill, me and my dad went to the Hibs end but the queues were massive. Went into the Hear7s end behind the goals and we were 0-5 at half time. Hear7s fans were burning their scarves. Even though everyone knew we were Hibs supporters there was no animosity or abuse. Changed days........

I remember there were massive queues outside the ground before kick off I went in early and my late Dad went with his mates to a local Bowling Club
He was still standing outside the ground at the Gorgie Road end as the goals started to go in
He got in at 0-2 and the Jambos were trying to get oot
I remember our whole family huddled roond my Grans black and white telly in Dalry eating our Steak Pie watching Sportscene at 7.30pm
Yes we also had the token Jambo Uncle sitting quietly in the corner with his maroon lambswool sweater on saying nothing
Halcyon days!

SteveHFC
29-11-2019, 10:18 PM
That game at Ibrox is one of my all time favourites. It was just a party for 2 and a bit hours. Totally ripped the piss out of them. Hillarious!

Had a ticket for that game and couldn’t go. One of my biggest regrets following Hibs.

Franck Stanton
29-11-2019, 11:12 PM
Was at the 0-7 game, fantastic as it was, think the game Gordon Hunter scored to stop the 22 in a row was just as sweet. Hard to choose as every win against them is great.

TheMentalHibees
29-11-2019, 11:15 PM
I have to say the Horgan derby. Must’ve been my 11th or 12th time at tynecastle and the first time I’ve seen us win (probably meagre figures compared to most)! Heckys time at hibs might’ve ended sourly but I’ll be forever grateful for that wet day in gorgie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CL0762
29-11-2019, 11:17 PM

Managed to get a ticket for that at about half 8 on the Friday night.

What a day that was. Absolutely rammed up them for 90 mins.

McGregor shoulder tackling Morelos and getting a free kick

Stokes punching Tavernier in the throat yet Jack sent off.

Simon Murray sending Bruno Alves into the queue to get back in.

Slivka nailing a sublime volley.

Chanting ‘oh the Rangers are *****’ for a good 20 mins solid.

Easily one of my favourite away days.

Dight
29-11-2019, 11:31 PM

An unbelievable day. Wasted on the teenage me, strange but we got used to seeing that team excel at times - but got a similar vibe on that May day in 2016.

duffers
30-11-2019, 07:39 AM
Like most, I’ve generally not got the best record at tynie, with my first game being the 4-4 game. Seen 4 wins (Riordan, Kerr, Sparky/Caldwell, Horgan), the stand out of which was the Casper game. We only had 2 sections that night and with half our team out injured, everyone expected an absolute pumping. Then up stepped Deeks. Despite there only being about 1,500 hibs fans there, we made some noise.

Green Badger
30-11-2019, 10:45 AM
One of my favourite games was the midweek 2-1 victory back in 2005. The previous Saturday we had just lost Scottish Cup Semi to Dundee Utd so confidence wasn’t high.

During a pretty poor 1st half for Hibs, we went behind after Simon Brown shepherded a weak header from Lee Miller into his own net thinking it was going wide. However, in the second half two quick goals from O’Connor & Shiels in front of the Roseburn turned it round. Had to hang on a bit, but a great victory. Think I also recall Ian Murray being a very lucky boy to remain in the pitch, subbed before sent off - not often we get decisions like that at Tynie.

CloudSquall
30-11-2019, 10:48 AM
One of my favourites was the 1-1 draw under Sauzee.

Tynecastle was silent for most of the match until around the 82nd minute when the "Hello Hello" chants started as they thought the game was in the bag, only for the ball to drop to O'Neil about 12 yards out who hammered it home.

The stand went absolutely ducking Tonto.

I'll always remember the stand full singing "Ha Ha, Ha Ha" to the tune of "Hello Hello" until every Jambo had evacuated their stands.

Honourable mention to the Brian Kerr derby, 90 minutes of "do do do do, Makalamby" as we had all believed we had found a keeper at long last :greengrin

Pretty Boy
30-11-2019, 10:57 AM
One of my favourites was the 1-1 draw under Sauzee.

Tynecastle was silent for most of the match until around the 82nd minute when the "Hello Hello" chants started as they thought the game was in the bag, only for the ball to drop to O'Neil about 12 yards out who hammered it home.

The stand went absolutely ducking Tonto.

I'll always remember the stand full singing "Ha Ha, Ha Ha" to the tune of "Hello Hello" until every Jambo had evacuated their stands.

Honourable mention to the Brian Kerr derby, 90 minutes of "do do do do, Makalamby" as we had all believed we had found a keeper at long last :greengrin

Was our front 2 that day not a very young Garry O'connor (might have been his 1st ever start) and Eduardo Hurtado? Think Deek came off the bench as well.

It was bedlam after O'Neil equalised and Derek Townsley had a half chance to win it seconds later. Great day.

we are hibs
30-11-2019, 10:58 AM
Managed to get a ticket for that at about half 8 on the Friday night.

What a day that was. Absolutely rammed up them for 90 mins.

McGregor shoulder tackling Morelos and getting a free kick

Stokes punching Tavernier in the throat yet Jack sent off.

Simon Murray sending Bruno Alves into the queue to get back in.

Slivka nailing a sublime volley.

Chanting ‘oh the Rangers are *****’ for a good 20 mins solid.

Easily one of my favourite away days.

There is no greater sight than thousands of raging huns leaving ibrox with their tails between their legs after theyve giving it big licks pre match. That tragic wee bigot abdul guy standing on a hill waving his union jack at the leaving hibs buses 30 minutes after the game. Halcyon days. Beating them 2-0 and falling over about 3 seats when stevenson scored a volley is up there as one of the best too.

In terms of Derbies i enjoyed the 0-0 last season. A few things went over the top but i love an atmosphere on the edge. I know a few people dont like them but i personally love the night derbies. Atmosphere seems better.

KWJ
30-11-2019, 12:01 PM
Was our front 2 that day not a very young Garry O'connor (might have been his 1st ever start) and Eduardo Hurtado? Think Deek came off the bench as well.

It was bedlam after O'Neil equalised and Derek Townsley had a half chance to win it seconds later. Great day.

I remember Lyndon Andrews playing a blinder

eastterrace
30-11-2019, 12:09 PM
One of my favourite games was the midweek 2-1 victory back in 2005. The previous Saturday we had just lost Scottish Cup Semi to Dundee Utd so confidence wasn’t high.

During a pretty poor 1st half for Hibs, we went behind after Simon Brown shepherded a weak header from Lee Miller into his own net thinking it was going wide. However, in the second half two quick goals from O’Connor & Shiels in front of the Roseburn turned it round. Had to hang on a bit, but a great victory. Think I also recall Ian Murray being a very lucky boy to remain in the pitch, subbed before sent off - not often we get decisions like that at Tynie.
I was at this game as well, it was mayhem in the roseburn stand when we scored. Funny enough the last time I had been there was a 3-2 defeat when John Robertson scored his first ever goals against us and I’ve not been back since that great win in 2005.

Diclonius
30-11-2019, 12:19 PM
2-2

vuefrom1875
30-11-2019, 12:22 PM
2-2

0-Seven.....can't be topped😎

The 90+2
30-11-2019, 12:47 PM

Riordan came on for the tank and went up top with GoC yeah.

Bostonhibby
30-11-2019, 12:53 PM
Defo the 0-7 as an 11 year old boy. My brother couldn't go cause he was ill, me and my dad went to the Hibs end but the queues were massive. Went into the Hear7s end behind the goals and we were 0-5 at half time. Hear7s fans were burning their scarves. Even though everyone knew we were Hibs supporters there was no animosity or abuse. Changed days........Very similar experience to mine. Was actually there with a mixed party of hibbies and jambos. Just took it for granted we'd win well in those days, still got a good recollection of the day, probably because I drank a lot less as a 12 year old!

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

h1bs4life
30-11-2019, 12:59 PM
0 - 7 every time. Only 9 at the time. Grandad, Dad , brother and me . We were in the gorgie road end hanging of the fence at the exits. Stayed in the high rise flats in Leith at the time and seen 1 of jambo pals at half time utter devastation on his face. Couple of shouts in the 2nd half f##ksake Hibs you haven't scored for ten minutes.
Years later when we had a vhs video player managed to get a black and white copy of the game from someone who knew someone in the BBC. Sure it was Alistair Alexander commentating . They had the first 2 attacks and you could hear their fans on the video shouting easy,easy. Kenny Garland make a save think it was 5-0 at the time and he said great keeper and mentioned joining the common market.

Is It On....
30-11-2019, 03:09 PM
1-2 Archigod 🙂

A Hi-Bee
30-11-2019, 04:18 PM
Pat Stanton scoring in the 95th min at swiney we just didnie get beat from them in them days, 0-7 was also very very tasty and one they will never live doon.

Deansy
30-11-2019, 05:11 PM
Not recent but 1st January 1973 the day the UK joined the European Economic Community

Hearts 0 v 7 Hibernian

I don't think I've ever met a Jambo who admits to being at this game ?. Still, they weren't as 'Loyal/Staunch' in those days - that kind of behaviour only started when all their bills stopped getting paid !

erin go bragh
01-12-2019, 11:37 AM
Archie 1-2
Jeebs 0-1
Le God 0-3
Deano 1-2
Deeks 0-1
Sparky 1-2
🏆. 2-2
Horgan 1-2
Loved them all !

emerald green
01-12-2019, 12:11 PM

Hearts 0 v 7 Hibernian

I remember clear as day a Hearts supporter trying to get past me and through the crowd on the terracing behind the goals at what was then called the "school end" and refusing to believe Hibs were winning 4-0, (he was pretty late getting into the game and like many in the ground he was well tanked up!).

I noticed the same bloke heading back in the direction of the exits at HT.

BILLYHIBS
01-12-2019, 12:19 PM
I remember clear as day a Hearts supporter trying to get past me and through the crowd on the terracing behind the goals at what was then called the "school end" and refusing to believe Hibs were winning 4-0, (he was pretty late getting into the game and like many in the ground he was well tanked up!).

I noticed the same bloke heading back in the direction of the exits at HT.

Ha Ha!

I remember a big guy walking around the terracing with a HIBS scarf on a big bottle of whisky and an even bigger bell He was ringing it to attract his mates in the crowd be they HIBS or Hearts to give them a wee dram to see in the New Year
Changed days!!

emerald green
01-12-2019, 12:23 PM
Ha Ha!

I remember a big guy walking around the terracing with a HIBS scarf on a big bottle of whisky and an even bigger bell He was ringing it to attract his mates in the crowd be they HIBS or Hearts to give them a wee dram to see in the New Year
Changed days!!

Yes, very much changed days. :aok: