PDA

View Full Version : Marvin Bartley on A View From The Terrace tonight

duncs
29-11-2019, 03:19 PM
Marvin Bartley will be appearing on A View From The Terrace tonight at 10.55pm on BBC Scotland channel or on the iPlayer shortly after.

WeeRussell
29-11-2019, 10:54 PM
He’s been good value. Plenty wee digs at the jambos.

madhibby70
29-11-2019, 11:32 PM
1st time i watched this show. 4 ****s on a couch wearing skinny jeans = nah you alright.

CRAZYHIBBY
29-11-2019, 11:39 PM
This looks like some gay dating show

CRAZYHIBBY
29-11-2019, 11:51 PM
Marvs so cool hes ****ed off

Viva_Palmeiras
30-11-2019, 04:02 AM
Is it Just me or is the only good thing about this show the guests - host are absolute humpty.

Hibby Bairn
30-11-2019, 07:28 AM
I really enjoyed it.

Marvellous
30-11-2019, 07:38 AM
1st time i watched this show. 4 ****s on a couch wearing skinny jeans = nah you alright.

Do you make a lot of decisions based on what the men are wearing?

we are hibs
30-11-2019, 07:40 AM
Watched about 10 minutes of one of the programmes before and it was single handely one of the most cringey things ive ever had the misfortune to encounter.

H18 SFR
30-11-2019, 07:41 AM
The hosts ruin what should be a decent production.

CallumLaidlaw
30-11-2019, 07:45 AM
Ach some folk on here try to hard to be opinionated. Few young lads with great knowledge of Scottish football trying to do something different and able to talk about all leagues. They don’t take themselves seriously and are prepared to laugh at themselves. Me and my son love watching it each week and has given us a bigger knowledge of Scottish football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JimBHibees
30-11-2019, 07:49 AM
Ach some folk on here try to hard to be opinionated. Few young lads with great knowledge of Scottish football trying to do something different and able to talk about all leagues. They don’t take themselves seriously and are prepared to laugh at themselves. Me and my son love watching it each week and has given us a bigger knowledge of Scottish football.

Tend to agree something different and discussing many of the lower league teams who would normally get no coverage. Not everyone's cup of tea but definitely a place for show like this.

Greencore
30-11-2019, 08:04 AM
This looks like some gay dating show

It is.

Since452
30-11-2019, 08:05 AM

Don't know many lads that age who don't wear skinny jeans!

Green_one
30-11-2019, 08:27 AM
I really enjoyed it.

Different format to other shows and fresh approach. Covers lower division events that others omit. Best of all, no annoying ‘experts’

Feels a bit like fan sites such as Fulltimedevils

Some decent Hibs output

hibby rae
30-11-2019, 08:53 AM
Really like it and the twice weekly podcasts. Even signed up for the $5 patreon for the extra content as some of it is really good. Also far ahead of others in covering the Women's game here with the resources they have.

I also far prefer listening to these guys than ex-players and journalists coming out with tired cliches like Allan Preston, Willie Miller and the ****-stirring style of Kenny McIntyre.

I find the Terrace analysis to be of a high standard, insightful and doesn't take itself too seriously (they also are up front about who they support).

lord bunberry
30-11-2019, 08:58 AM
I like it as well, I look forward to it every Friday night.

Cod Boy
30-11-2019, 09:02 AM
Boy with blonde hair is anti Hibs he would fit in well on radio Scotland

FilipinoHibs
30-11-2019, 09:02 AM

You must be a modern man😄

Iggy Pope
30-11-2019, 09:05 AM

To quote Joe Strummer: “Like trousers, like brain”.

Is It On....
30-11-2019, 09:19 AM
To quote Joe Strummer: “Like trousers, like brain”.

Or.."Back in the garage with my bullsh#t detector".

40yrs since London Calling was released and George Best signed for Hibs..

Nicho87
30-11-2019, 09:20 AM
Watched it a few times find the presenters smarmy and a bit to much self loving. I’m out

Iggy Pope
30-11-2019, 09:23 AM
Or.."Back in the garage with my bullsh#t detector".

40yrs since London Calling was released and George Best signed for Hibs..

Imagine back then if someone said to us that we would be connecting on hand held computers talking about football and drainpipe jeans?

Is It On....
30-11-2019, 09:32 AM
Imagine back then if someone said to us that we would be connecting on hand held computers talking about football and drainpipe jeans?

Or that Hearts were in relegation trouble and their ground was cr#p 😂.

*I went to the London Calling exhibition this week and pride was place was the "smashed guitar"

Spike Mandela
30-11-2019, 10:33 AM
I like the hosts and I like the show. Comes at Scottish football things from a different angle to the usual type of football show.

Wheat Hound
30-11-2019, 10:37 AM
I like the show a lot and even the jambos seem decent lads. As said, it's a refreshing change from the daily ugly sister love ins on Sportsound and other shows.

Pretty Boy
30-11-2019, 10:40 AM
I'm not really a fan of the show but every single production isn't going to be universally popular.

It's not for me but plenty people seem to like it. I don't really see the issue, about 95% of what is on TV is of no interest to me so I just don't watch it. This show falls in that bracket. Don't like it? Don't watch it and move on.

mjhibby
30-11-2019, 11:24 AM
I like the show a lot and even the jambos seem decent lads. As said, it's a refreshing change from the daily ugly sister love ins on Sportsound and other shows.

Totally agree. They cover loads of teams and even joel sked,the Jambo,actually makes some decent points. Marvin was brilliant. Love the bit when they asked him if he wants all teams in Europe to do well and he said all bar one. He's a good laugh. Very enjoyable and soooo much better than sportsound.

Keith_M
30-11-2019, 11:36 AM

Sounds like a sensible decision making process to me.

I wore skinny jeans in my mid teens and was a total D1ck. I think it was the lack of blood to my brain, cos they were too tight.

sleeping giant
30-11-2019, 11:36 AM

:agree:
Fitba chat without pandering to the west coast.
Whats not to like ?

Iggy Pope
30-11-2019, 11:51 AM
Or that Hearts were in relegation trouble and their ground was cr#p 😂.

*I went to the London Calling exhibition this week and pride was place was the "smashed guitar"

Hijack alert!
Where was that mate? I’m trying to get down to the Pete Shelley exhibition in Leigh.

hibby rae
30-11-2019, 12:04 PM
Totally agree. They cover loads of teams and even joel sked,the Jambo,actually makes some decent points. Marvin was brilliant. Love the bit when they asked him if he wants all teams in Europe to do well and he said all bar one. He's a good laugh. Very enjoyable and soooo much better than sportsound.

Back in July, Craig Fowler and Joel Sked were the only two journalists or pundits I saw who were saying what a lot of people were on here. They'd already identified where Heckingbottom had gone wrong and was pissing off the support.

hibby rae
30-11-2019, 12:05 PM
Hijack alert!
Where was that mate? I’m trying to get down to the Pete Shelley exhibition in Leigh.

Museum of London. It's on for a few months and is free.

Iggy Pope
30-11-2019, 12:43 PM

Great. I’m in London at New Year and will get along there.

LaMotta
30-11-2019, 06:08 PM

If the 4 ****s were donning flares and square toed pleather shoes, would you have kept watching?

LancashireHibby
02-12-2019, 08:58 PM
Enjoyed Marvin’s appearance and Lewis Stevenson the other week. Speaks volumes that they’re now able to start to attract these guests and it’s refreshing to see players in such a different context. Points deducted for Joel Sked being in the Killie end on Saturday though.

Hijack alert!
I live in Leigh and had no idea about this exhibition until your post - this thread is possibly the most unlikely place where you’d expect to stumble across something like this! Will have to try and get down to it.

Iggy Pope
02-12-2019, 09:10 PM
Enjoyed Marvin’s appearance and Lewis Stevenson the other week. Speaks volumes that they’re now able to start to attract these guests and it’s refreshing to see players in such a different context. Points deducted for Joel Sked being in the Killie end on Saturday though.

I live in Leigh and had no idea about this exhibition until your post - this thread is possibly the most unlikely place where you’d expect to stumble across something like this! Will have to try and get down to it.

Its called Understated. He is Leigh born I think. Pete Shelley is, was and always will be, my pop star. Adored the man. Hibs.net brings us together.

Only on until the 14th.,,,, Fast Cars!

https://www.theturnpike.org.uk/understated

CMurdoch
02-12-2019, 11:21 PM
Its called Understated. He is Leigh born I think. Pete Shelley is, was and always will be, my pop star. Adored the man. Hibs.net brings us together.

Only on until the 14th.,,,, Fast Cars!

https://www.theturnpike.org.uk/understated

I love ......fast cars

CMurdoch
02-12-2019, 11:25 PM

My wife has been in that London since Sunday.
I bet she hasn't been!
Bah.

CMurdoch
02-12-2019, 11:40 PM
Or that Hearts were in relegation trouble and their ground was cr#p ��.

Paul Simonens bass that he smashed on stage in New York in '79?
Caught the London Calling tour at the Edinburgh Odeon in Clerk Street.
Was in the front row, crushed up against the stage.
Woke up the next morning with a massive **** off bruise right across my stomach. Ouch!
Well worth it like.

FilipinoHibs
03-12-2019, 05:49 AM
Woke up the next morning with a massive **** off bruise right across my stomach. Ouch!
Well worth it like.

Was there too. The Clash at their peak. A great Armageddon Time.

Iggy Pope
03-12-2019, 09:53 AM
Well worth it like.

That would be the 16 Tons tour. I went both nights. Mikey Dread and Josef K / Metropak supporting. Such times!

Pat 0-7
03-12-2019, 10:01 AM
Well worth it like.Same here, second night, front row just to Strummer's left. Brilliant gig.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

O'Rourke3
03-12-2019, 10:02 AM
Caught up with this last night. Love and miss Marvin. Didn't miss the Jambos once. I was a bit meh on the show but warming to it. Takes a few episodes.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

hibby rae
09-12-2019, 01:01 PM
Listen to this episode of the Terrace podcast and cut to 01:04:50 where they briefly discuss having Marv on the show and some content that didn't make it into the televised broadcast. I won't ruin it but it is well worth hearing what Marv's answer was when he was asked what animal he would be. :greengrin

http://terracepodcast.net/show-weakened/

CMurdoch
09-12-2019, 03:37 PM
That would be the 16 Tons tour. I went both nights. Mikey Dread and Josef K / Metropak supporting. Such times!

I remember Mickey Dread but not Josef K which is strange as i was into the Postcard scene.
Was probably too wound up about seeing The Clash!
Had to sleep in a common stair afterwards as no transport back to the Borders after half 10.

BILLYHIBS
09-12-2019, 05:28 PM
Pretty sure I saw The Clash at The Playhouse circa 1980

Might have imagined it that whole period is pretty foggy and I rely on flashbacks I think HIBS were in the first division but once again I might be wrong :greengrin

Anyone else go to that gig?

Peevemor
09-12-2019, 05:45 PM
Pretty sure I saw The Clash at The Playhouse circa 1980

Might have imagined it that whole period is pretty foggy and I rely on flashbacks I think HIBS were in the first division but once again I might be wrong :greengrin

Anyone else go to that gig?They did 2 nights at the Odeon in 1980.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191209/f70d971626be90969b08cbcb5366e237.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191209/caaf3f7bce46c35d6a9c8a9b6112da92.jpg

BILLYHIBS
09-12-2019, 05:56 PM
They did 2 nights at the Odeon in 1980.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191209/f70d971626be90969b08cbcb5366e237.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191209/caaf3f7bce46c35d6a9c8a9b6112da92.jpg

Ha Ha!

I must have staggered from my flat in London Road up to Clerk Street

Definitely Springsteen then because we were passing The Playhouse at 7.30 am coming back from a wild night when they decided to start selling the tickets early to the waiting queue so we just tagged on the end

:greengrin

Peevemor
09-12-2019, 06:01 PM
Ha Ha!

I must have staggered from my flat in London Road up to Clerk Street

Definitely Springsteen then because we were passing The Playhouse at 7.30 am coming back from a wild night when they decided to start selling the tickets early to the waiting queue so we just tagged on the end

:greengrin1981?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191209/993f66358c7898b5616c6b8dbef6d542.jpg

Peevemor
09-12-2019, 06:02 PM
Excellent site.

http://www.edinburghgigarchive.com

BILLYHIBS
09-12-2019, 06:20 PM
Excellent site.

http://www.edinburghgigarchive.com

The Clash played The Playhouse 23/7/1982 probably that :confused:

I got married 14/8/1982 and the wife wisnae at the gig as I went with my mates don’t think she was best pleased

As I said the eighties were a blur :greengrin

green with envy
09-12-2019, 07:32 PM
The Clash played The Playhouse 23/7/1982 probably that :confused:

I got married 14/8/1982 and the wife wisnae at the gig as I went with my mates don’t think she was best pleased
As I said the eighties were a blur :greengrin

I was at that Clash gig, was part of the Rock the Casbah tour I think.

Iggy Pope
09-12-2019, 07:35 PM
I remember Mickey Dread but not Josef K which is strange as i was into the Postcard scene.
Was probably too wound up about seeing The Clash!
Had to sleep in a common stair afterwards as no transport back to the Borders after half 10.

Local heroes slots each night. Metropak and Josef K got a shot each....

BILLYHIBS
09-12-2019, 08:25 PM
I was at that Clash gig, was part of the Rock the Casbah tour I think.

Yip defo played that

I remember now I bought the Mrs the single to appease her

CMurdoch
10-12-2019, 01:22 AM
Local heroes slots each night. Metropak and Josef K got a shot each....

It is mental, I am now getting a recollection of thinking I had seen the Fire Engines and it was obviously Josef K.
Obviously not as trendy as i thought i was and even worse have never even heard of Metropak.
They must have been strictly Edinburgh heroes whose fame didn't reach far off Galashiels.

sadtom
10-12-2019, 10:48 PM
Seen the Clash 18 times.
First time the Sort it out tour (for the release of give em enough rope) was too young to get to go the year before when they played with the Slits and Subway Sect. The last time on the busking tour in 85, had been drinking with them in Deacon Broadies in the afternoon after they stopped busking. Me and 3/4 others went down to the La Sorbonne with them to get them the gig there that night, played Coasters the following night.
I've seen them in Dundee, Glasgow, Newcastle, every time they played Embra from '78 onwards. Twice in London, one being the Arthur Scargill Xmas party at Brixton Academy, a miners benefit...funnily enough I didn't see Boris f****** Johnson there (or anywhere for that matter).
Happy daze!

CMurdoch
10-12-2019, 11:52 PM
Seen the Clash 18 times.
First time the Sort it out tour (for the release of give em enough rope) was too young to get to go the year before when they played with the Slits and Subway Sect. The last time on the busking tour in 85, had been drinking with them in Deacon Broadies in the afternoon after they stopped busking. Me and 3/4 others went down to the La Sorbonne with them to get them the gig there that night, played Coasters the following night.
I've seen them in Dundee, Glasgow, Newcastle, every time they played Embra from '78 onwards. Twice in London, one being the Arthur Scargill Xmas party at Brixton Academy, a miners benefit...funnily enough I didn't see Boris f****** Johnson there (or anywhere for that matter).
Happy daze!

Very impressive
Oh to borrow a time machine

Iggy Pope
11-12-2019, 04:58 PM
It is mental, I am now getting a recollection of thinking I had seen the Fire Engines and it was obviously Josef K.
Obviously not as trendy as i thought i was and even worse have never even heard of Metropak.
They must have been strictly Edinburgh heroes whose fame didn't reach far off Galashiels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peyhphe7Zkg&feature=share

Edinburgh had a great post punk scene.

Iggy Pope
11-12-2019, 05:01 PM
Seen the Clash 18 times.
Happy daze!

Jeez. I tried and only seen them on 16 tons (both nights) and on the busking tour outside Jimmy Boyle’s.
What age were you on the Sort It Out tour?

sadtom
11-12-2019, 11:09 PM
Jeez. I tried and only seen them on 16 tons (both nights) and on the busking tour outside Jimmy Boyle’s.
What age were you on the Sort It Out tour?

A few weeks before my 13th birthday. My mate was same age as me but he had 2 big brothers who were 17 and 19. Started getting into the music and going to gigs with them. So it was there fault. :wink: Loved it all my life since. Saw pretty much every notable band in the scene apart from the Sex Pistols, really didn't want to go to the reformed malarkey so gave it a miss.
Seeing Joy Division as a support band (Buzzcocks) was a top night.
Had tried to get smuggled into a couple of gigs at over 18 venues previously (like Slaughter and the Dogs) but kept getting rumbled.
Quite fancy 'Punk Hibs' on ma headstone. My 2 obsessions. :greengrin