PDA

View Full Version : Hilarious post on Kickback

worcesterhibby
29-11-2019, 01:05 PM
I popped over to KB to see what they were making of their lack of manager, and came across this post...

"Tynecastle Park has been shortlisted for a prestigious award at tonight's Football Business Awards in London.
The Hearts stadium faces stiff competition from English Premier League clubs Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester City in the "Best non-football use of venue" category. "

Haha, the have a non football use for their stadium at every match. I can just see the award speech now....

"We are delighted to receive this award for our ground breaking use of Hoofball rather than football, that has been the staple diet at Tynecastle Park for many years now."

It's actually because they held that free concert at Festival time that ruined their new pitch for a couple of weeks. They are grasping at strws and congratulating themsleves over being shortlisted for such a prestigious award !! sad

Hibee87
29-11-2019, 01:57 PM
I popped over to KB to see what they were making of their lack of manager, and came across this post...

"Tynecastle Park has been shortlisted for a prestigious award at tonight's Football Business Awards in London.
The Hearts stadium faces stiff competition from English Premier League clubs Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester City in the "Best non-football use of venue" category. "

Haha, the have a non football use for their stadium at every match. I can just see the award speech now....

"We are delighted to receive this award for our ground breaking use of Hoofball rather than football, that has been the staple diet at Tynecastle Park for many years now."

It's actually because they held that free concert at Festival time that ruined their new pitch for a couple of weeks. They are grasping at strws and congratulating themsleves over being shortlisted for such a prestigious award !! sad

Whats funny about it :confused: Pitch being goosed aside, they do seem to have made good use of their facilities to generate a bit more income. Im sure it was discussed in detail here a few weeks ago. Pretty sure we would all be full of praise and back slaps had it been us who were nominated

Barman Stanton
29-11-2019, 02:00 PM
Whats funny about it :confused: Pitch being goosed aside, they do seem to have made good use of their facilities to generate a bit more income. Im sure it was discussed in detail here a few weeks ago. Pretty sure we would all be full of praise and back slaps had it been us who were nominated

Im pretty sure they didnt get paid for that concert. It was status thing for Budge. And it wrecked their pitch. I actually think our support would go bonkers if we did the same.

Pretty Boy
29-11-2019, 02:09 PM
I'm not sure how lucrative it is but they do seem to use their facilities well.

There are always adverts on the radio for hogmanay at Tynecatle, wine tasting at Tynecatle, the fireworks at Tynecastle and so on.

We do the same with things like the murder mystery night and I'd be surprised if utilising the stadium facilities more isn't something on RGs radar as he puts his stamp on the club.

Barman Stanton
29-11-2019, 02:12 PM
Having Josh Taylors world title fight would also eclipse any non football event at Tynecastle.

Smartie
29-11-2019, 02:17 PM
“Hey sis! It’s time to go to the toilet for a non-football related activity. Yes, again.”

Not sure that is deserving of any sort of award.

ian cruise
29-11-2019, 02:20 PM
Our club were recently making a big deal about a "Best Bar None" award so I'm not sure we've got a moral high ground here. They're celebrating a success, as were we, quite right.

Hibernia&Alba
29-11-2019, 02:32 PM
I'm not sure how lucrative it is but they do seem to use their facilities well.

There are always adverts on the radio for hogmanay at Tynecatle, wine tasting at Tynecatle, the fireworks at Tynecastle and so on.

We do the same with things like the murder mystery night and I'd be surprised if utilising the stadium facilities more isn't something on RGs radar as he puts his stamp on the club.

None of which I would attend for all the tea in China :greengrin. Let them keep spending money on advertising.

Bishop Hibee
29-11-2019, 02:32 PM
They won the award. I’m not much of a classical music fan but it enabled people to attend their first concert so fair play to them.

Not the first time someone’s been at the fiddle at Tiny of course.

iwasthere1972
29-11-2019, 02:34 PM
Our club were recently making a big deal about a "Best Bar None" award so I'm not sure we've got a moral high ground here. They're celebrating a success, as were we, quite right.

I think the difference is that they've been shortlisted for the award were as we won an award. Just saying like.

Pretty Boy
29-11-2019, 02:39 PM
I think the difference is that they've been shortlisted for the award were as we won an award. Just saying like.

They have a Best Bar None Award as well.

It's all nonsense really. Football fans will always try to find ways of getting one up on their rivals. I can't take their gloating about the award last night or our responses too seriously.

Sudds_1
29-11-2019, 02:44 PM
Im pretty sure they didnt get paid for that concert. It was status thing for Budge. And it wrecked their pitch. I actually think our support would go bonkers if we did the same.

Well remember the elton john gig at ER some years ago...pitch was never the same again that season....

Cataplana
29-11-2019, 02:48 PM

Income isn't profit.

I would be embarrassed if Hibs were bumming themselves up for being nominated for an award, particularly when it sounds like its one of those awards you get nominated for if you pay for a table at the event.

Since452
29-11-2019, 02:49 PM
Hopefully Josh Taylor gets his fight at Easter Road

jacomo
29-11-2019, 02:56 PM

Not so sure we’ve got the moral high ground? This is Hearts we are talking about... the club that uses the senseless slaughter in WWI as a marketing campaign.

I think you’ve taken leave of your senses.

HoboHarry
29-11-2019, 03:03 PM
They won the award. I’m not much of a classical music fan but it enabled people to attend their first concert so fair play to them.

Not the first time someone’s been at the fiddle at Tiny of course.
Fiddle and classical music in the same post? Violins if you please ya peasant.

😁

greenginger
29-11-2019, 03:14 PM
Football business award for the Budge folly ??

Wonder if they’ve told the judges they don’t have completion certificates or temporary occupancy certificates for any part of the new stand except for the Nursery.

Even the first warrant application to use the stairs , walkways and Seats is still awaiting a temporary occupation permission being issued.

One was granted for the nursery but but the rest of the building should not be being used.

But, it’s Edinburgh Council, so they look the other way and hope there are no comebacks.

worcesterhibby
29-11-2019, 03:21 PM

I was making a joke about the "anti-football, hoofball" that they play and the fact that they won an award for non-football use of a stadium...I wasn't knocking them for the actual award etc.

hibbyfraelibby
29-11-2019, 03:25 PM
So basically they are up for an award on how to turn Tynecastle Park into tattie field?

hibbyfraelibby
29-11-2019, 03:31 PM

We actually won the award and it was presented at Tinycastle. They have only been nominated for an award which cost them 10s of 000s squidlies.

Renfrew_Hibby
29-11-2019, 03:56 PM
It's scary to think that Arsenal make over £100M from match day revenue alone plus millions more from non match day use of their stadium.

This really has to be a top priority for our club, how we can make best use of not only the current stadium but also how we could potentially develop undeveloped space such as the NE corner.

Easter Road has to be a key facility to the local community and a business/corporate venue that resonates in those circles.

If we can get the most out of our facilities, it would see a significant upturn in turnover and only improve our chances of competing on the pitch.

ABZHFC
29-11-2019, 05:20 PM
My favourite post ever on Kickback comes from their thread on the 21st of May 2016, I had a look a while back, and it's just golden.

The best comment on it by far is one poster who, amongst all the other Hearts fans getting nervous once Stokes equalises, confidently says 'stop *****ing it they're Hibs, they will **** it up, it's what they do'

:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin