PDA

View Full Version : A European Tale

Stantons Angel
27-11-2019, 04:15 PM
My friend and i have just returned from spending a few brilliant days and nights in the beautiful city of Budapest.

Whilst there we were taken to see a Ferencvaros TC game on Sunday evening. at the lovely wee Groupama Arena in Budapest.

We sat with families and friends of the players in a rather noisy bit of the stadium next to a few hundred away supporters making such a noise that it sounded

more like thousands.

The game was very entertaining and both sets of supporters singing the same songs to each other about their own team, which i found odd!

it didnt dawn on me till late in the first half just how little the referee had to do during the game.

There was no tripping the opposing player or pulling their jerseys, no knocking the ball out of play playing for time, or fouling either. Neither was there any questioning the referee when he stopped the game or gave a free kick. Just two teams setting out their stalls to play a game of football. Which my friend and i really enjoyed

These supporters are quite scary though with their chanting and smoke bombs going off. The entertainment value was great and most males present sat supping pints of beer all game.

Not too shabby a team either they are playing in the Europa Cup groups and had a good result a few weeks ago in Russia. Tomorrow they are at home again this time playing Espanyola. I hope they will do well against them/

They play in Green and White, its quite a nice strip but at £65 my son wont be having this in his Christmas stocking! My wee grandson though got a wee teddy bear in the team Logo for Santa to deliver.

all in all it was a good experience and really good to see football being played how it should be. Dont know if that will carry over to the Europa game tomorrow though?

A thoughtherly enjoyable experience .

jgl07
27-11-2019, 05:07 PM
Budapest is one of the best looking Cities I have ever visited. Unfortunately I only drove through. I wished I could have stayed there.

.Sean.
27-11-2019, 05:13 PM
I was in Budapest last July and exited the airport beside the Ferencvaros squad who had been in Israel for a European qualifier the previous night. Budapest is beautiful btw, been to city breaks all over Europe and it’s my favourite by far alongside Krakow. Never visited the stadium but drove past it in the taxi and it looked pretty smart

GreenLake
27-11-2019, 05:26 PM
We stayed at the Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace in Budapest during the Hungarian Grand Prix this year. Fantastic city.

StevesFamau5
27-11-2019, 07:21 PM
Absolutely love Budapest. Went in September for a 5s tournament and made a weekend of it. Ruin bars, shooting range, castle and other assorted 'activities'.

I am hoping to get back next year. Although with the mrs it'll be an entirely different experience [emoji23]

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

ABZHFC
28-11-2019, 12:19 PM
Best city in Europe imo. Always fun to take in a game abroad too 👍

Scouse Hibee
28-11-2019, 12:21 PM
A friend recently there dined In Michelin star restaurant, said it was fantastic and bill came to equivalent of £100 and that included wine!

KeithTheHibby
28-11-2019, 12:22 PM
Quite fancy a few days away there with the missus and 2 year old daughter in February school week.

Does it seem child friendly enough? Weather at that time of year doesn't look great however it is Feb I guess.

lyonhibs
28-11-2019, 02:49 PM
Wonderful city, stunning in many, many ways.

Stantons Angel
28-11-2019, 03:41 PM
thanks for all your comments on this beautiful city and how much you enjoyed your time in it.

Makes me want to go back again really soon.

Lets all look out for the team's result tonight!

erin go bragh
28-11-2019, 06:57 PM
thanks for all your comments on this beautiful city and how much you enjoyed your time in it.

Makes me want to go back again really soon.

Lets all look out for the team's result tonight!

They went ahead 2-1 in the 91st min but Espanyol equalised in the 96th min .

tamig
28-11-2019, 07:14 PM
I’ve not been to Budapest but I do own a Ferencvaros strip from about 15 years ago.

Baader
28-11-2019, 07:31 PM
Budapest is great. A fantastic looking city and a nice vibe. The ruin pubs are great.

Going over in June again as I have tickets for one of the Euro 2020 matches being played there.

greenlex
28-11-2019, 07:35 PM
I’ll be there next week. Not sure how much of the city I’ll see tho.