PDA

View Full Version : Mind the gap

PatHead
26-11-2019, 09:33 PM
For any Jambos looking in....... Its 7 points and worse goal difference. Don't strain your neck looking up the table.

Irish-Hibee
26-11-2019, 10:27 PM
No need to thank us for talking points off yer relegation rivals lads :thumbsup:

Hibeesmad
26-11-2019, 10:29 PM
They won’t beat Rangers either. Beat Killie on Saturday and it’s looking very dandy.

Jim44
26-11-2019, 10:32 PM
We are the yardstick for their success in any given season. If we were bottom and they were second bottom, they would be satisfied. Not the attitude you expect from a big team, but hey ho.

SMAXXA
26-11-2019, 10:46 PM
Natural order below us again heading for a third season the mega spending puddle drinkers are in our shadows 😜

California-Hibs
26-11-2019, 11:24 PM
Big chance of 10 come Saturday. Looking like just a case of how many we'll finish above them now. Again.

Hibbyradge
26-11-2019, 11:51 PM
Big chance of 10 come Saturday. Looking like just a case of how many we'll finish above them now. Again.

It's a bit early for that level of confidence imo, but it's certainly a better situation than we were ever going to achieve under Heckingbottom.

Like what happened immediately after Lennon's departure, I think the players have responded positively more because of the effect of the manager leaving rather than the new guy's influence, given he hasn't really had much time to put his mark on the team.

I'm not ready to proclaim Ross as the new Hibernian Messiah, but hopefully, when his style and coaching does come to bear, it has a positive effect rather than the catastrophe that PH brought us.

Fingers crossed.

lord bunberry
27-11-2019, 12:06 AM
It's a bit early for that level of confidence imo, but it's certainly a better situation than we were ever going to achieve under Heckingbottom.

Like what happened immediately after Lennon's departure, I think the players have responded positively more because of the effect of the manager leaving rather than the new guy's influence, given he hasn't really had much time to put his mark on the team.

I'm not ready to proclaim Ross as the new Hibernian Messiah, but hopefully, when his style and coaching does come to bear, it has a positive effect rather than the catastrophe that PH brought us.

Fingers crossed.
Shoost of course he’s the new messiah. We’re ****in unbeatable as far as I’m concerned.

Hibbyradge
27-11-2019, 12:14 AM
Shoost of course he’s the new messiah. We’re ****in unbeatable as far as I’m concerned.

Yeah, well, apart from that ...

The 90+2
27-11-2019, 12:19 AM

Fingers crossed.

It’s mind the gap to them every season now. If only we could get our act together in the derby games.

27-11-2019, 12:21 AM

He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy.

Unseen work
27-11-2019, 12:26 AM
As much as I’m happy we’re above them it’s due to them being brutal more than us being anything to write home about, despite recent improvements.

I have faith with Jack Ross that he will get us consistently at the top end of the table and will recruit the right players to take us forward.

I want bragging rights over Hearts, but I also want us to have them over teams like Kilmarnock and Motherwell too. The way this season is going our aim should be to push for 3rd/4th in the league. I really don’t think there’s much between a lot of the teams this year so a good transfer window and having Jack Ross will hopefully see us rise above others.

I can’t get too excited about us being above hearts yet as a couple of weeks ago we were down there with them.

I have real faith Ross will make us like what Mcinnes has made Aberdeen, a team up at the top end of the table every season and getting European football every year.

When we get that consistency and stand out a bit then I can sit back, relax and properly slag hearts off about the gap.

The first season back under Lennon when Allan and Maclaren scored I had a real feeling of us pushing above them, we’ve stalled a bit since but I’d love that feeling to come back.

Hibernia&Alba
27-11-2019, 12:33 AM
For any Jambos looking in....... Its 7 points and worse goal difference. Don't strain your neck looking up the table.

Seething; tears, snotters and relegation fodder.

Weegreenman
27-11-2019, 02:19 AM
Special agent AB iis doing a fine job in recruitment 😂😂😂 How long does it take to get a new manager in ffs? lol

Add the fact we got our man in early doors and it’s had the desired effect.
Jambo’s are seathing!

Forever in their shadow? Aye right......This’ll be three years on the bounce they’ve been in our shadow.

Get it right ****in up ye’s!

neil7908
27-11-2019, 03:44 AM

Fingers crossed.

This post is far too sensible.

Since452
27-11-2019, 05:40 AM
We're used to finishing well above that shower, they aren't the barometer. I'm more concerned with catching Killie and Aberdeen. Good start for Ross but agree with Hibbyradge 100%. In saying that, he's got his subs spot on in last 2 games.

macca70
27-11-2019, 06:52 AM
7 points and we’ve had a horrendous start.

Since they sacked their manager, we have sacked and replaced ours with a manager that has won his 1st 2 games.

They really are a shambles, the Budgie’s not got a clue what she’s doing and despite being sacked Levein still hanging about the club in some capacity. What are they waiting for before appointing a manager?

McPhee has been appointed Sporting Director so he’s in charge of the Badminton and Hockey up at Riccarton 😂

Greenbeard
27-11-2019, 09:01 AM
As much as I’m happy we’re above them it’s due to them being brutal more than us being anything to write home about, despite recent improvements.

I have faith with Jack Ross that he will get us consistently at the top end of the table and will recruit the right players to take us forward.

I want bragging rights over Hearts, but I also want us to have them over teams like Kilmarnock and Motherwell too. The way this season is going our aim should be to push for 3rd/4th in the league. I really don’t think there’s much between a lot of the teams this year so a good transfer window and having Jack Ross will hopefully see us rise above others.

I can’t get too excited about us being above hearts yet as a couple of weeks ago we were down there with them.

I have real faith Ross will make us like what Mcinnes has made Aberdeen, a team up at the top end of the table every season and getting European football every year.

When we get that consistency and stand out a bit then I can sit back, relax and properly slag hearts off about the gap.

The first season back under Lennon when Allan and Maclaren scored I had a real feeling of us pushing above them, we’ve stalled a bit since but I’d love that feeling to come back.
Agree with most of this. Let's not get carried away - yet. Top six we may be, and only 7 points off third, but we are also only 7 points off being bottom. Six points from two games is barry but on another day it could have been two draws wjich would have had us 3 points off bottom.
Had to re-read your bit in bold. On first read I was already bashing away on the keyboard giving you pelters for saying you want Hearts to be above Killie and 'Well !!
Lesson - always re-read anything on here that appears to be supportive of Them.

Hibbyradge
27-11-2019, 09:46 AM
This post is far too sensible.

Sorry 😢

PatHead
30-11-2019, 08:42 PM
Disappointing it is only 8 points but hey-ho.