PDA

View Full Version : Where are our radio presenters and summarisers?

H113EE5
26-11-2019, 09:08 PM
Listened to that heap o' crock this evening with Steven Thompson (Stubbs was no better) gagging for a Saint's win but it's no different from a Saturday with Willie Miller and the Sheep; 'King' Billy Dodds and The Rangers, Derek Ferguson and Hamilton and The Rangers and generally any club west of Shotts; Allan Preston and the Herts and Sainties; Richard Gordon, who I quite like BTW, and Aberdeen. Then Cosgrove and St Johnstone with Cowan and Motherwell ranting on about their clubs every Saturday. I've missed Jim Spence and Dundee, Chic Young and The Rangers and St Mirren; Paul Mitchell and the Jambos and a higher calling!

Who's on the radio and TV to big-up our Team?

Aaaaaarrrggggg :confused::confused:

Alfred E Newman
26-11-2019, 09:36 PM
Listened to that heap o' crock this evening with Steven Thompson (Stubbs was no better) gagging for a Saint's win but it's no different from a Saturday with Willie Miller and the Sheep; 'King' Billy Dodds and The Rangers, Derek Ferguson and Hamilton and The Rangers and generally any club west of Shotts; Allan Preston and the Herts and Sainties; Richard Gordon, who I quite like BTW, and Aberdeen. Then Cosgrove and St Johnstone with Cowan and Motherwell ranting on about their clubs every Saturday. I've missed Jim Spence and Dundee, Chic Young and The Rangers and St Mirren; Paul Mitchell and the Jambos and a higher calling!

Who's on the radio and TV to big-up our Team?

Aaaaaarrrggggg :confused::confused:
You forgot Packy Bonnor following Celtic home and away at the BBCs expense !

Gordy M
26-11-2019, 09:39 PM
Craig Paterson used to speak highly of us and was always 'pro-hibs' but ive not heard him on the BBC for a while.

The 90+2
26-11-2019, 09:40 PM
Tam McManus been punted?

JimBHibees
26-11-2019, 09:42 PM
Always amazes me someone like Stuart Lovell doesn't get regular gig. Very intelligent summariser imo.

BoltonHibee
26-11-2019, 09:46 PM
Pat Nevin....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cabbageandribs1875
26-11-2019, 09:47 PM
Craig Paterson used to speak highly of us and was always 'pro-hibs' but ive not heard him on the BBC for a while.

i was just about to ask where the big man is nowadays

The 90+2
26-11-2019, 09:50 PM
Pat Nevin....

He’s more England based than radio Scotland.

BoltonHibee
26-11-2019, 09:53 PM

He just sprung to my mind as he was on 5 live ( Man City v Donetsk) on way back from airport. He made them repeat the Hibs score

I thought he was on Scottish TV when the scores come in on a Saturday? Or am I living in the past?

poolman
26-11-2019, 09:54 PM
BBC text called a Hibs player Ryan Stevenson 🤭

basehibby
26-11-2019, 10:14 PM
Good calls re Nevin and Paterson although we don't see much of them these days for some reason - don't see why not as both are fair and unbiased analysts while making no secret of their affection for the Hibs.

Michael Stewart is obviously a Jambo but is also an intelligent commentator with an obvious respect and understanding for the Hibees stemming from his time with us.

But what the OP is talking about are the barely concealed partisans who seem to hog the Scottish sports media on a weekly basis. We used to have Stotty on Stottsport but since then we've hardly had a look in!

Wee Tam McManus was mentioned above - I've never heard him on the radio before but did have the pleasure of meeting him once and he came across as the sort of guy that could spraff these other eejits under the table - get him in there!

brog
28-11-2019, 12:32 PM
Luke Shanley but he's far too professional to display his Hibs affiliations openly.

The 90+2
28-11-2019, 12:33 PM
He just sprung to my mind as he was on 5 live ( Man City v Donetsk) on way back from airport. He made them repeat the Hibs score

I thought he was on Scottish TV when the scores come in on a Saturday? Or am I living in the past?

He was on bbc Scotland last year, I haven’t listened much this year. He was decent as well.

Baader
28-11-2019, 01:06 PM
Craigie Paterson was always good. BBC Scotland have a lot of dross. Guys like Billy Dodds who are only there because they're Huns. Derek Ferguson can barely string a sentence together, his match reports are clearly written down for him by someone, probably phonetically. An absolute joke he is a 'professional broadcaster.'

heretoday
28-11-2019, 02:57 PM
It's all a matter of taste. I found Stubbs and Thompson quite decent the other night. At least they weren't trying to be funny. There's far too much banter on the radio. If I want to hear guys joshing each other in a pub, I'll go to the pub.

Nobody comes close to the likes of David Francey or Alastair Alexander nowadays.

Jones28
28-11-2019, 03:09 PM

He does some of his radio stuff in Duns.

McSwanky
28-11-2019, 03:13 PM
It's all a matter of taste. I found Stubbs and Thompson quite decent the other night. At least they weren't trying to be funny. There's far too much banter on the radio. If I want to hear guys joshing each other in a pub, I'll go to the pub.

Nobody comes close to the likes of David Francey or Alastair Alexander nowadays.

I'll probably get slated for this, but I think Stubbs is a terrible pundit.

Jones28
28-11-2019, 03:15 PM
BBC text called a Hibs player Ryan Stevenson 🤭

In summary, this is how much the BBC cares about Hibs

Jones28
28-11-2019, 03:20 PM

I agree with this actually, found him unbearable the other night.

heretoday
28-11-2019, 03:53 PM

Booooooooo......!

Like I say, it's a matter of taste. I happen to like the scouse accent so there you go.

Also, Hibs were winning..........

Brightside
28-11-2019, 03:54 PM
Do people really care about this stuff?

green day
28-11-2019, 03:56 PM

No, I barely listen to it.

I would rather "watch" twitter than listen to that nonsense. Its certainly not worth getting upset about

H113EE5
28-11-2019, 06:49 PM
I agree with this actually, found him unbearable the other night.

:agree::agree::agree:

Sammy7nil
28-11-2019, 07:55 PM

Totally agree i said he sounded lost and defeated the other night.

Squealing pig
28-11-2019, 07:58 PM
Get Gordon smart commentating

Jones28
28-11-2019, 08:32 PM

It irks me that ex huns who can barely string sentences together (and who feigned ignorance of orange kits and described them as tributes to Dutch players who were here in the 90’s - Dodds and Ferguson) and an ex sellick player who can talk about nothing else and gets to follow his team around at the expense of the license payer (Bonnor) are never off the ****ing radio, when guys like Jim Paterson, Tam McManus and Pat Nevin (ok not a former player but a Hibs fan) haven’t been heard from all season except from some diddy game in league 1.

Jack Hackett
28-11-2019, 08:44 PM
I'm really partial to raw video streams with only crowd sound and no commentary.

mjhibby
28-11-2019, 09:02 PM
Totally agree that it is ridiculous that we can't get unbiased commentary and analysis. It's not a wee local radio station but a national broadcaster. Thompson was utterly embarrassing with his bias. If that was Celtic it would have been the sign of champions who win when not playing well. St mirren had only scored seven goals before Tuesday game so it was obvious where their biggest issue lay. We dug out a result but they way they went on st mirren were fantastic. Only Michael Stewart says it as he sees it. I'd bin the rest of them as they are as poor as you could possibly get. Stuart Lovell is excellent but not part of the clique obviously.

Hibby Bairn
29-11-2019, 08:04 AM
What is Craig Paterson up to nowadays?

Steve20
29-11-2019, 08:09 AM
It amazes me the amount of people on here that will find an excuse to have a go at the manager who won us the Scottish Cup.

Beefster
29-11-2019, 08:14 AM
It amazes me the amount of people on here that will find an excuse to have a go at the manager who won us the Scottish Cup.

Being a Hibs Legend doesn’t make you immune to criticism or make everything you subsequently do the best thing since sliced bread. I even remember thinking that the shoes Franck Sauzee has on once were horrible. Shocking but true.

Jones28
29-11-2019, 09:16 AM

Ffs it doesn’t mean he’s immune to criticism, if you don’t like him as a pundit it doesn’t take away from the Scottish cup win.

WestCoastHibby
29-11-2019, 09:31 AM
S Thomson was poor and not neutral.
Don’t get me going on Stubbs. If I had a pound for every time he says “ you know” I’d have very full pockets......” you know”
Garbage the pair of them

jacomo
29-11-2019, 11:58 AM
Being a Hibs Legend doesn’t make you immune to criticism or make everything you subsequently do the best thing since sliced bread. I even remember thinking that the shoes Franck Sauzee has on once were horrible. Shocking but true.

Wash your mouth out with soap!

McSwanky
29-11-2019, 12:07 PM

You've had a bit of a nightmare there to be fair!

Halmyre Hibee
29-11-2019, 12:43 PM
Get Gordon smart commentating

That would be brilliant especially after his interview with Si Ferry on Open Goal.

ancient hibee
29-11-2019, 01:52 PM
For what it’s worth I stopped listening to radio commentaries when the proper commentators retired (get alerts instead)and for TV I started watching with the sound down when they decided to have an “expert”pundit sitting in because that’s like having the two club bores sitting behind you at the game.

SouthMoroccoStu
29-11-2019, 03:06 PM
Cliff And Keith are great on HibsTv....

heretoday
29-11-2019, 08:24 PM

No! Not really.

Allant1981
30-11-2019, 07:57 AM
Cliff And Keith are great on HibsTv....

Known keith for over 20 years, really good guy and a huge hibs fan

Iggy Pope
30-11-2019, 09:19 AM
What is Craig Paterson up to nowadays?

I don’t think he was keeping too well a while back. It would be good to have him back as we always in the Hibs camp.

Billy Whizz
30-11-2019, 09:51 AM
Think Steve Cowan still does Radio Forth on a Saturday afternoon

Hibby Bairn
30-11-2019, 12:23 PM
I don’t think he was keeping too well a while back. It would be good to have him back as we always in the Hibs camp.

That’s not so good. Always find his comments insightful and a good balance v the usual suspects.

Carheenlea
30-11-2019, 03:00 PM
It’s less about the lack of Hibs supporting pundits employed but more about the poor quality of pundits for me. Too many dullards who contribute little, but at least the likes of Preston speaks with a bit enthusiasm about Hibs despite his allegiances.

Jim44
01-12-2019, 08:38 AM
On Sportsound yesterday, Michael Stewart and others were waxing lyrical about most of our play and raving about the quality of our second goal. Richard Gordon, on the other hand, true to form, got in his usual snide negative dig at us. He could barely hide his pleasure at full time, saying ‘Hibs two Killie two. That’s the honeymoon over for Ross and Hibs.’ Unnecessary and more importantly, not true.