PDA

View Full Version : Sunderland lose again

Since452
26-11-2019, 08:43 PM
Sinking like a stone without Jack Ross. Coincidence?

cabbageandribs1875
26-11-2019, 09:25 PM
Dylan not in the squad tonight in their home defeat by Burton, injured i assume, the boy needs to get back up north in january, for us not aberdeen

H113EE5
26-11-2019, 09:29 PM
Dylan not in the squad tonight in their home defeat by Burton, injured i assume, the boy needs to get back up north in january, for us not aberdeen

Let's hope Aberdeen. That last thing we need is another pedestrian diminutive mid-fielder. Never a fan

Since452
26-11-2019, 09:29 PM
Could be the quickest replacement manager sacking in history!

cabbageandribs1875
26-11-2019, 09:32 PM
Let's hope Aberdeen. That last thing we need is another pedestrian diminutive mid-fielder. Never a fan

Allan and McGeouch in the same midfield, we could be the new 3rd force :wink:

Unseen work
26-11-2019, 09:34 PM
Allan on the left, McGeouch on the right, we could be the new 3rd force :wink:

As long as we can have someone in the middles who’s name sounds like Giroud so we can use the arsenal song :greengrin

Allan to the left of me, Mcgeouch to the right, here I am stuck in the middle Giroud

cabbageandribs1875
26-11-2019, 09:37 PM
As long as we can have someone in the middles who’s name sounds like Giroud so we can use the arsenal song :greengrin

Allan to the left of me, Mcgeouch to the right, here I am stuck in the middle Giroud

:thumbsup:

1van Sprou7e
26-11-2019, 09:37 PM

Gr8 b8 m8

The 90+2
26-11-2019, 09:39 PM
Let's hope Aberdeen. That last thing we need is another pedestrian diminutive mid-fielder. Never a Hibs fan

Probably right tbh.

Hibernia&Alba
26-11-2019, 09:40 PM
A club that size to be struggling in the third tier is a disgrace. They are a basket case.

we are hibs
26-11-2019, 09:46 PM

You obviously didnt watch hibs much when he was here.

tamig
26-11-2019, 09:49 PM

Lol 😂

Cardinal G
26-11-2019, 09:55 PM
A club that size to be struggling in the third tier is a disgrace. They are a basket case.

Just back from Sunderland match, lurching from one defeat to another, seems we are in freefall and can't see it changing in short term.

Smartie
26-11-2019, 09:56 PM

Trying to work out how and why is the tricky part.

In summer 2018 they got new owners. There were still a few high earners kicking about but they got rid of the last of them over the summer. The new owners were initially well-received and people seemed to think they knew what they were doing.

There are certainly a good few fans regretting Ross' departure now and a decent argument could be made that they were too quick to fire him (without having an obviously superior replacement already lined up). He didn't have a colossal budget though and he looks to have wasted a fair amount of what he was given (Grigg as his marquee signing really hasn't paid off). They seem to have little talent that is obviously better than the level they are at, and you wouldn't have thought it would be too hard to find some of that. They have a lot of very average players who are struggling against poor teams.

That league is a bit of a graveyard. There is a lot of physicality, a lot of huff and puff and not much skill. It is laughable how much they look down on our football when there are so many unremarkable teams and players there.

I always thought they should have pillaged us and other Scottish teams. There is decent talent up here that they could have picked up for what is peanuts to them. Chuck in a few loans from top English teams then spend the majority of your budget on a couple of stars and you should have team to walk that league on the money 30,000 paying customers every week surely generates.

Sir David Gray
26-11-2019, 09:57 PM

:faf:

horseflesh
26-11-2019, 10:01 PM
Not convinced McGeouch would be anywhere near as effective without McGinn in the team

Hibernia&Alba
26-11-2019, 10:04 PM
Just back from Sunderland match, lurching from one defeat to another, seems we are in freefall and can't see it changing in short term.

Trying to work out how and why is the tricky part.

In summer 2018 they got new owners. There were still a few high earners kicking about but they got rid of the last of them over the summer. The new owners were initially well-received and people seemed to think they knew what they were doing.

There are certainly a good few fans regretting Ross' departure now and a decent argument could be made that they were too quick to fire him (without having an obviously superior replacement already lined up). He didn't have a colossal budget though and he looks to have wasted a fair amount of what he was given (Grigg as his marquee signing really hasn't paid off). They seem to have little talent that is obviously better than the level they are at, and you wouldn't have thought it would be too hard to find some of that. They have a lot of very average players who are struggling against poor teams.

That league is a bit of a graveyard. There is a lot of physicality, a lot of huff and puff and not much skill. It is laughable how much they look down on our football when there are so many unremarkable teams and players there.

I always thought they should have pillaged us and other Scottish teams. There is decent talent up here that they could have picked up for what is peanuts to them. Chuck in a few loans from top English teams then spend the majority of your budget on a couple of stars and you should have team to walk that league on the money 30,000 paying customers every week surely generate.

Aye, it's ridiculous a situation. Sunderland should be aiming for regular EPL football. Just at look at much smaller clubs than them in the top tier now: Norwich, Brighton, Bournemouth, Palace, Watford, for example. Sunderland should be an a par with clubs like Everton and West Ham, yet they have come to this. It's a real shame, though I'm sure they will get through it; they are too big to stay in League One.

we are hibs
26-11-2019, 10:10 PM
Not convinced McGeouch would be anywhere near as effective without McGinn in the team

Apart from the season he was before mcginn came in you mean?

percy veer
26-11-2019, 10:38 PM
going for stendel, Seemingly

Since452
27-11-2019, 05:25 AM
going for stendel, Seemingly

They'll need to sack Parkinson first but it is football. Managers and players will be sounded out "illegally" all the time.

Barman Stanton
27-11-2019, 11:19 AM

This post is a nice wee reminder that there are Hibs fans who know f all about football.

Diclonius
27-11-2019, 11:26 AM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DeuPjPWXUAQKGFq.jpg

tamig
27-11-2019, 11:29 AM

Was just going to say that. Some folk have short memories.

MWHIBBIES
27-11-2019, 11:41 AM

I don't think its McGeouch you are never a fan of...

Never seen a more clueless post. Can only be trolling

MWHIBBIES
27-11-2019, 11:41 AM

He was so good that season, was absolutely delighted when we kept him.

McKenzie
27-11-2019, 11:50 AM
Many fans thought Mcgeouch was our better player out of him and Mcginn. Not having that anyone didn’t rate him, boy oozed class

easty
27-11-2019, 11:56 AM
Many fans thought Mcgeouch was our better player out of him and Mcginn. Not having that anyone didn’t rate him, boy oozed class

Those fans were wrong though.

ekhibee
27-11-2019, 12:24 PM
I've given up on them as far as betting goes, they're an absolute nightmare. I had an excellent roll-up which included 3 draws and a couple of non-league results, it would've won me just under £2k but they drew at home and that blew it. I'd stuck with them for months but not any more, there's something seriously wrong at that club and they need a complete overhaul.

we are hibs
27-11-2019, 12:25 PM
He was so good that season, was absolutely delighted when we kept him.

It was a no brainer. He was really good for 3 seasons then went up a level in his last season here. Helped by having McGinn and Allan next to him for 5 months and getting a good run of games without injury. I would take him back in a heartbeat and im surprised when others arent of the same view.

Smartie
27-11-2019, 12:37 PM
I've given up on them as far as betting goes, they're an absolute nightmare. I had an excellent roll-up which included 3 draws and a couple of non-league results, it would've won me just under £2k but they drew at home and that blew it. I'd stuck with them for months but not any more, there's something seriously wrong at that club and they need a complete overhaul.

They have been excellent to bet against in recent years.

The odds for their opposition +1 have always been generous.

I don’t see them turning anything round between now and a transfer window, until then they have a hoofball manager and no players who can play that way.

Phree munny betting against them for the next month or so.

Barman Stanton
27-11-2019, 01:43 PM
After having a look at their forums after we signed Jack, Im glad they are doing so poor. Their fans come across as complete fannies. Even more arrogant than I expect for down south. Many also seemed to actually dislike Hibs for some reason.

Since452
27-11-2019, 01:43 PM
After having a look at their forums after we signed Jack, Im glad they are doing so poor. Their fans come across as complete fannies. Even more arrogant than I expect for down south. Many also seemed to actually dislike Hibs for some reason.

A lot of Huns and Hearts fans i know follow Sunderland too

Barman Stanton
27-11-2019, 01:49 PM

That would totally make sense then. C'mon Jack, get Dylan back home away from that shambles of a club.

hibeerealist
27-11-2019, 02:29 PM

Burst my coupon too, 8 correct one down....bummer.

Sad that SFC in such a mess.

Hibernia&Alba
27-11-2019, 03:29 PM
Burst my coupon too, 8 correct one down....bummer.

Sad that SFC in such a mess.

Man City screwed my acca for 95 quid last night.

jgl07
27-11-2019, 06:38 PM
The English third tier is a brutal League particularly for a small (and injury prone?) player like McGeogh. It is particularly bad for a ‘big team’ such as Sunderland unless they pack the team with six foot plus midfield hatchet men and go for hoofball.

It was only just over 20 years ago that Manchester City struggled big time at this level and sneaked out via the playoffs and then needing two goals in added time for force a 2-2 draw and a win on penalties. City went up to the Premier League with much the same team a year later.

horseflesh
27-11-2019, 06:51 PM

Yeah he was good that season but his last season with us he was exceptional.

LancashireHibby
28-11-2019, 10:42 AM
The English third tier is a brutal League particularly for a small (and injury prone?) player like McGeogh. It is particularly bad for a ‘big team’ such as Sunderland unless they pack the team with six foot plus midfield hatchet men and go for hoofball.

It was only just over 20 years ago that Manchester City struggled big time at this level and sneaked out via the playoffs and then needing two goals in added time for force a 2-2 draw and a win on penalties. City went up to the Premier League with much the same team a year later.
You might say that, but Josh Vela is hardly muscle-bound and he excelled in League One during 2016/17 (ironically under Phil Parkinson given the topic of the thread)

PatHead
28-11-2019, 10:44 AM
You might say that, but Josh Vela is hardly muscle-bound and he excelled in League One during 2016/17 (ironically under Phil Parkinson given the topic of the thread)

Swap deal for Dylan?

Hibeesmad
28-11-2019, 10:47 AM

I went to the Stadium Of Light a few years back to watch them against West Ham and I got that hun vibe about their support.

Jones28
28-11-2019, 10:50 AM
I went to the Stadium Of Light a few years back to watch them against West Ham and I got that hun vibe about their support.

The guy that started on Coleman towards the end of Sunderland Till I Die could’ve been a hun.

Speedway
28-11-2019, 11:32 AM

I have a shareholder mate at SAFC and to use a verbatim quote of his 'Our support are total nuggets.'