PDA

View Full Version : who's got Hibs TV?

Comiston Hibee
26-11-2019, 12:57 PM
thinking of signing up for it, but want opinions [ not whether its value for money] but is it worth having if i live in Edinburgh and have a season ticket?

BILLYHIBS
26-11-2019, 01:51 PM
thinking of signing up for it, but want opinions [ not whether its value for money] but is it worth having if i live in Edinburgh and have a season ticket?

Difficult one £60 per annum

I subscribe useful for watching games back full game, highlights and goal

All pre and post match interviews are usually available on HIBS TV YouTube Channel

The only time it really comes into its own imho is when I am abroad and can usually pick up match day coverage no problem and comes through crystal clear fingers crossed

Pilrig_Sauzee
26-11-2019, 01:59 PM
We’ve got Hibs TV
Super Hibs TV
I just don’t think you understand.

Alfred E Newman
26-11-2019, 02:08 PM
I subscribe yearly but it always seems to let you down at the time when you most want it. Couldn't get commentary when I was on holiday for example. Same with some away game commentary. Hardly worth the expence if I'm honest.

Boyle89
26-11-2019, 02:12 PM
In all honesty no. As billy said all interviews are on YouTube so its only useful for highlights which you can also get online or wait for sportscene. I still sub as its money going to the club and i get match commentary when I'm at work. It was much better when there was different things being made like outside the box. Think its best for overseas fans who get to watch the game when they otherwise wouldn't be able.

Alan62
26-11-2019, 02:13 PM
I had it but I gave it up.

It's a tricky one but as the Club improves its communications with the fans through YouTube, there seems less need for the subscription service. Different matter if you're abroad but for a home fan, the exclusive paid-for benefits are marginal.

Greenbeard
26-11-2019, 02:26 PM
There will come a time when you will want to watch a full match replay. Maybe no such occasions, or very few, this last while (2-1 at Tiny Tynie being an exception). Maybe subscribe then?
I usually find the Hibs TV highlights better than BBC online/Sportscene highlights. You also get an "as live" Hibs-slanted commentary rather than the dubbed-over pseudo enthusiastic Rob McLean etc . You just have to put up with Cliff's monotone lack of variety when the opposition score. "It's in the back of the net."

jingler1954
26-11-2019, 02:40 PM
I like to watch the development games and goals highlights. Its money going to the club so it's a ye
s from me.

Bangkok Hibby
26-11-2019, 07:23 PM
I subscribe yearly but it always seems to let you down at the time when you most want it. Couldn't get commentary when I was on holiday for example. Same with some away game commentary. Hardly worth the expence if I'm honest.

Ive just subscribed (International) today for the third time. Can't even get commentary tonight. No more...I'll give Hibs money in other ways.

Billy
26-11-2019, 07:31 PM
Ive just subscribed (International) today for the third time. Can't even get commentary tonight. No more...I'll give Hibs money in other ways.

email support@hibernianfc.co.uk

surreyhibbie
26-11-2019, 07:31 PM
I have had it a long time, audio only of course. had problems recently when they upgraded the service and my ancient iPad couldn't cope.

Using a desktop now which is fine. They have frequent transmission issues but overall I'm happy to chip in my £5.99 a month

Gerard
26-11-2019, 07:49 PM
As a l.ong time subscriber, I am happy with the service provided and the cost of the service.:wink:

Greenio
26-11-2019, 08:35 PM
There will come a time when you will want to watch a full match replay. Maybe no such occasions, or very few, this last while (2-1 at Tiny Tynie being an exception). Maybe subscribe then?
I usually find the Hibs TV highlights better than BBC online/Sportscene highlights. You also get an "as live" Hibs-slanted commentary rather than the dubbed-over pseudo enthusiastic Rob McLean etc . You just have to put up with Cliff's monotone lack of variety when the opposition score. "It's in the back of the net."

"Hibs have enjoyed the Lions share of the possession"

Ha. Only jestin, Cliff does a good job imo. Also enjoy the student types at half time 😉

FilipinoHibs
26-11-2019, 11:00 PM
Only worth it if you live abroad. I rely on live games and occasional radio commentary to keep me sane.

Mibbes Aye
27-11-2019, 12:30 AM

If you are dropping games through not being able to go, then I would say yes. I have had a ST for a good few years but let it go this season because I was able to make so few games (but I am a good two hours drive to ER so slightly different). The radio was a boon when I was an ST and sort of made up for not using the ST when I wasn’t able to.

If a fiver a month is disposable income then why not? The broadcast is fine two-thirds of the time IMO, other times you need to rebuffer. I haven’t actually used all the other features that much.

I can probably find this out myself but if anyone is knowledgeable, how easy is it to access TV when abroad, if you usually just access radio in the UK?

Forza Fred
27-11-2019, 01:02 AM
Depends.

I live in Oz and for me Hibs Tv is on the priority of needs list, just behind beer and food.

If I lived in Edinburgh, I reckon I’d still subscribe, mostly because I also like to see how our girls do.

A few interesting interviews and general stuff that interest me, and which I can watch at a time of my choosing.

The 90+2
27-11-2019, 01:07 AM
No chance. It’s something the club have to up their game at big time instead of making excuse after excuse. With Ron and his background I’m hoping there will be a massive enhancement in the next year.

The 90+2
27-11-2019, 01:12 AM
Depends.

I live in Oz and for me Hibs Tv is on the priority of needs list, just behind beer and food.

If I lived in Edinburgh, I reckon I’d still subscribe, mostly because I also like to see how our girls do.

A few interesting interviews and general stuff that interest me, and which I can watch at a time of my choosing.

Get the interviews on the go and meaty stuff with the guy who produced outside the box (Tom Zanelli) and for further interviews make it subscribers only. Tom should have access all areas when it comes to interviewing and production. Unfortunately he pissed off Lennon and hasn’t been asked back in a decent capacity.

Sproule Three
27-11-2019, 02:01 AM
As another Hibee based in Aus it’s bliss .
At my age not much keeps me awake
at 2am on a Sunday morning but Hibs TV does .
Stream quality has improved considerably this season although initially a bit more user unfriendly 👍

Big90inOz
27-11-2019, 02:06 AM
I have had it since before it was even available as I got to test a feed for game against the Jambo's, wasn't allowed to tell anyone however 6 other Hibby's somehow found out and we all huddled around a little monitor while it buffered every 10 mins or so. Since those days its got better and better to the point now where I can confidently say I will have no issues with the live feed, I hook the laptop up to a 65" TV and relax back with a beer watching the Hibees, bloody marvelous. I live outside Perth WA and best speed I ever get on the internet is 6.6 Mbs and never have issues with the new format.

Being abroad I love it and it would be a very bad day if it was ever lost.

Auckland Hibs
27-11-2019, 02:35 AM
It's a life saver for me, over the years the quality has improved significantly and I'm happy with the pricing, quality etc.

Man Down Under
27-11-2019, 03:01 AM
It's good if your abroad, I suspect most of the home content you can get on YouTube

Sent from my SM-A205GN using Tapatalk

ozhibs
27-11-2019, 03:18 AM
I have had it for years now and love it, it is a life saver. Even the audio today/night I too hook it up to my telly and very rarely have any problems, if I do the Hibs TV guys get me sorted pretty quickly.

GGTTH

cocteautwin
27-11-2019, 05:02 AM
The quality of the stream has been fantastic this year when I am watching in Japan. It’s rubbish when I am in China but that’s 100% to do with China’s version of the internet and nothing to do with the service provider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Baldmans Comb
27-11-2019, 05:04 AM
Very amateur and second rate for domestic users.

Menu is difficult to navigate. Audio often doesnt connect and highlights are really no different to UTube.

On a simple matter like changing email address it wasn't possible so emailed support but no response.

One useful feature though is the pre match unscripted press conferences but the post match interviews full of sappy loaded questions are just cringeworthy.

Treat it as a £60 annual donation but there are many clubs in the bottom division of Scotland who do a far better job.

Peevemor
27-11-2019, 05:33 AM
Very amateur and second rate for domestic users.

Menu is difficult to navigate. Audio often doesnt connect and highlights are really no different to UTube.

On a simple matter like changing email address it wasn't possible so emailed support but no response.

One useful feature though is the pre match unscripted press conferences but the post match interviews full of sappy loaded questions are just cringeworthy.

Treat it as a £60 annual donation but there are many clubs in the bottom division of Scotland who do a far better job.

OK. Who?

FilipinoHibs
27-11-2019, 07:40 AM
The quality of the stream has been fantastic this year when I am watching in Japan. It’s rubbish when I am in China but that’s 100% to do with China’s version of the internet and nothing to do with the service provider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good stream even in remote Philippines although I have to kick the teenagers off the internet when there is a Hibs game.

Vault Boy
27-11-2019, 07:54 AM
Get the interviews on the go and meaty stuff with the guy who produced outside the box (Tom Zanelli) and for further interviews make it subscribers only. Tom should have access all areas when it comes to interviewing and production. Unfortunately he pissed off Lennon and hasn’t been asked back in a decent capacity.

This is just untrue.

Tom left under Stubbs and it was because he was headhunted by Marathon Bet due to the work he had produced for us during their sponsorship.

He was gone before we won the Scottish Cup.

calumhibee1
27-11-2019, 08:00 AM
I’ve had it for years. Can’t remember the last time I signed into it. Not worth it but it’s all money going to the club.

Mango Man
27-11-2019, 08:02 AM
I have had it for years, and it's good about 80% of the time, I do like to watch the whole game when it goes up at midnight. I like Cliff's commentary as well.

I'd say it's worth it, definitely room for improvement though.

PeeJay
27-11-2019, 08:18 AM

I've subscribed to Hibs TV for many years now and have seen it improve vastly from its starting period - I live abroad, so it is my gateway to ER on match days (and some away games) - listened last night to the St Mirren game (audio only) -

I'd recommend it for all ex-pat Hibs fans as it rarely fails nowadays (certainly the case here in Berlin) - not sure I would subscribe if I had a season ticket and lived in Edinburgh though?

Andy74
27-11-2019, 08:29 AM
If you don't mind Cliff having the occasional moment like Lewis Stevenson being called Ryan Stevenson and Joe Newell being Joe Newlands you'll be fine!

SingaporeHibs
27-11-2019, 03:31 PM
As an expat it’s an absolute life line for me. Quality is fantastic, rarely any issues at all and when there are problems it’s mostly more local or away games when HibsTV doesn’t have as much control as I’m sure they would like. It’s a very rare occasion these days though.
Keep up the good work HibsTV it’s appreciated more than you likely realise.

wookie70
27-11-2019, 04:40 PM
If you compare it to Neflix etc it is terrible value for money. I've had it for a few years and like to watch the matches back and take a look at the pitchside highlights. It's not great but I look at it as a wee donation to the club with something in return