PDA

View Full Version : Chris Maxwell

Eaststand
25-11-2019, 01:20 PM
I thought I'd read somewhere on here that our on loan keeper Chris Maxwell is related to the ex Motherwell keeper Ally Maxwell (their keeper in late 1980's)
Is he/isn't he related ?

Ps, Wiki isn't much help with this question

GGTTH

Green Man
25-11-2019, 01:29 PM
Wiki says that Chris has a Scottish grandfather and English father, which rules out Ally.

BILLYHIBS
25-11-2019, 01:34 PM
I thought I'd read somewhere on here that our on loan keeper Chris Maxwell is related to the ex Motherwell keeper Ally Maxwell (their keeper in late 1980's)
Is he/isn't he related ?

Ps, Wiki isn't much help with this question

GGTTH

Nope!

Someone raised this issue in another thread a few months back and the answer came back negative

He is welsh

Pretty Boy
25-11-2019, 01:43 PM
Ally Maxwell was on Off The Ball at the weekend. Given Hibs were playing Motherwell if there was any connection I'm sure it would have been mentioned.

Eaststand
25-11-2019, 01:57 PM
Nope!

Someone raised this issue in another thread a few months back and the answer came back negative

He is welsh

I've maybe misread that earlier thread then cos I was sure I'd read that they were related.

Ps, if any of my old teachers are reading this, I just want to say, you were absolutely right with what you wrote on my report cards..... , I def do need to pay more attention :0)

GGTTH

Eaststand
25-11-2019, 02:26 PM
Ally Maxwell was on Off The Ball at the weekend. Given Hibs were playing Motherwell if there was any connection I'm sure it would have been mentioned.

Aye, i think that's right PB, so Im putting it down to my imagination.
I guess there's not much point in me asking my second question about Davie Dodds and The Elephant Man either :-0

GGTTH

Iggy Pope
25-11-2019, 02:36 PM
I guess there's not much point in me asking my second question about Davie Dodds and The Elephant Man either :-0

GGTTH

Definitely cousins.

CMurdoch
25-11-2019, 02:37 PM

GGTTH

or Mike Gallloway being *****y

Monts
25-11-2019, 03:47 PM
I'm pretty sure someone posted the Maxwell thing as a joke, but a few people were caught out and since then it's grown arms and legs

Eaststand
25-11-2019, 05:57 PM
I'm pretty sure someone posted the Maxwell thing as a joke, but a few people were caught out and since then it's grown arms and legs

Aha, ta Bernz, that would explain it, cos I was fairly sure I'd read it on here that they were related.

GGTTH