PDA

View Full Version : Team for St.Mirren

yerauldda
25-11-2019, 11:43 AM
I'd be tempted to freshen things up after an energy sapping win at the weekend but no idea who I'd drop.

I think Hallberg and Allan are both indispensable from the midfield but would be tempted to rest Slivka and Newell. Thoughts?

soul_driver
25-11-2019, 12:08 PM
Whilst I would prefer not to change a winning team, we do have a busy couple of weeks so can see some rotation either tomorrow or on Saturday.

B.H.F.C
25-11-2019, 12:11 PM
Same team. We made good use of the subs on Saturday, use them to freshen it up when required.

Vault Boy
25-11-2019, 12:12 PM
Same again barring any injuries. The players there have earned their spots.

BoomtownHibees
25-11-2019, 12:13 PM
Same again for me. 2 decent performances, keep the momentum and consistency going

wookie70
25-11-2019, 12:14 PM
Same team. We made good use of the subs on Saturday, use them to freshen it up when required.

I'm of the same opinion. Unless players have a knock keep the same team and use the subs a bit earlier if needed if fatigue sets in. Players need to know that doing well keeps you in the team imo and it encourages others to make the most of appearances from the bench and in training to try and make sure they get a chance if performances drop with those holding the jerseys.

gorgie greens
25-11-2019, 12:20 PM
Not broken so it does not need fixed , same 11 again please

jacomo
25-11-2019, 12:22 PM
Same again for me. 2 decent performances, keep the momentum and consistency going

:agree:

Play it the same way until it breaks.

Since452
25-11-2019, 12:27 PM
Very tough game just past and the likes of Newell looked shattered. I'd start with the same team and see how it pans out.

hibbyfraelibby
25-11-2019, 12:28 PM
Same team, no need to change it. The team is finally begining to tick and playing with confidence. Only issue we might have is if Flo's ankle isnt fixed in which case Oli gets a gig as one of the two up front.

sean04
25-11-2019, 12:34 PM
Rocky in for maxwell if I’m being picky

sean04
25-11-2019, 12:35 PM
Same team, no need to change it. The team is finally begining to tick and playing with confidence. Only issue we might have is if Flo's ankle isnt fixed in which case Oli gets a gig as one of the two up front.

Rather Boyle, think it would be a better partnership with Doidge and pace

elevengoats
25-11-2019, 12:38 PM
I really like the composure in the midfield that Slivka and Hallberg bring. We need to be able to give them rest soon enough but I don't really see anyone who can replace them. Mallan is useless so deep, him an Allan should only play as No10 and Allan is better at the moment. Sure, we've got Vela and maybe he will eventually step up but I wouldn't hold my breath.

So yeah, we urgently need the winter transfer window. We will be playing a lot of games until then though, so I'm slightly concerned if Hallberg and Slivka can stay fit.

hibbyfraelibby
25-11-2019, 12:47 PM

I suspect Rocky has started his last game for us

Billy Whizz
25-11-2019, 01:27 PM
Can’t see many changes, unless we’ve any injuries from Saturday
Winning team picks itself

Brightside
25-11-2019, 01:50 PM
Same team / same subs.

Jones28
25-11-2019, 01:57 PM
I’d be tempted to go for a wide diamond with Horgan and Boyle coming in, depending on fatigue levels. Doidge put on some shift on Saturday as well.

Pilrig_Sauzee
25-11-2019, 02:21 PM
Same team. Same team. Same team. As often as we can. Win the game in front and worry about the others once that’s done.

We have three double acts that need to seal the way the team plays:
Porto and Hanlon, Hallberg and Slivka, Doidge and Kamberi.

I think the whole squad will take a lift from knowing that an injecting of pace from the bench is available. They were raring to go when they came on, without the burden of having to carry the whole game.

Brightside
25-11-2019, 02:27 PM
I’d be tempted to go for a wide diamond with Horgan and Boyle coming in, depending on fatigue levels. Doidge put on some shift on Saturday as well.

Horgan is so much better as an impact player.

Jones28
25-11-2019, 03:23 PM

I agree, but like I said see who’s tired and how that will impact the game. If Newall is knackered I’d keep him fresh for the weekend and put Horgan in.

number9dream
25-11-2019, 04:57 PM
Got to be the same, barring any injuries.
St Mirren put up a good fight at Easter Road and have a very good home record - only one defeat (1-0 to Rangers) and only 2 goals conceded.
We'll need Allan and Kamberi at their best to open them up.

ABZHFC
25-11-2019, 05:15 PM

Very much agreed, could see how effective he was when he came on against tiring legs on Saturday. Love to watch him when we're kicking down the (now sadly metaphorical) Easter Road slope in the second half of games :agree:

HendoDelivered
25-11-2019, 05:20 PM
Same again. If its not broken, don’t fix it.

hfc rd
25-11-2019, 05:23 PM
Same again barring any injuries. The players there have earned their spots.

This.

Since452
25-11-2019, 06:10 PM
Despite their lowly position i think Goodwin is a right good manager. Comes across really well too. Tough game. 5-0 Hibs

CMurdoch
25-11-2019, 06:12 PM
Same again but perhaps start making the substitutions in midfield and up front about the hour mark.

Weegreenman
25-11-2019, 06:52 PM
We were quite lucky to win at the weekend. Motherwell were the better side for most of the game.
I’d play our strongest team, that means starting with Horgan and Boyle for me.

04Sauzee
25-11-2019, 06:56 PM
We were quite lucky to win at the weekend. Motherwell were the better side for most of the game.
I’d play our strongest team, that means starting with Horgan and Boyle for me.

Best players doesn't make it our strongest team. Think we will struggle to get 2 wide players into our starting 11 just now. And for me Horgan hasn't shown enough to be in our strongest team. All in MHO off course

B.H.F.C
25-11-2019, 06:57 PM
[QUOTE=Weegreenman;5999552]We were quite lucky to win at the weekend. Motherwell were the better side for most of the game.
/QUOTE]

Would disagree with that. They had more of the ball but did very little with it. Maxwell hardly had a save to make, we scored 3 good goals and had some other decent bits of attacking play. We were better than them at both ends of the pitch, where it counts.

SMAXXA
25-11-2019, 07:04 PM

Why are people so desperate for this to happen, the lads doing fine.

Peevemor
25-11-2019, 07:28 PM
Why are people so desperate for this to happen, the lads doing fine.I don't understand either.

theonlywayisup
25-11-2019, 07:36 PM
I'd have Vela left back

.....at East Mains

Tyler Durden
25-11-2019, 07:38 PM
I don't understand either.

When Marciano made some mistakes early in the season, he was rightly dropped.

Maxwell is objectively not as good a keeper. He is below average in the league in terms of goals conceded against expected saves. He had a clanger in the semi final there and he dropped one at the weekend that we were very lucky to get away with. The fact that his distribution is a bit better than Marciano’s isn’t enough to merit his place.

I look forward to getting Bogdan back in personally.

SMAXXA
25-11-2019, 07:40 PM

Maxwell is objectively not as good a keeper. He is below average in the league in terms of goals conceded against expected saves. He had a clanger in the semi final there and he dropped one at the weekend that we were very lucky to get away with. The fact that his distribution is a bit better than Marciano’s isn’t enough to merit his place.

Where did you see that stat, interesting to see?

tamig
25-11-2019, 07:42 PM

That’s all fair enough. But there’s also the relationship the keeper has with his defence. Other than the semi, I think the defence has looked a lot more solid with Maxwell behind them.

tamig
25-11-2019, 07:45 PM

My son mentions this to me all the time. He’s not a big Maxwell fan.

A place you can find all the stats is on Twitter. @modernfitba

Tyler Durden
25-11-2019, 07:46 PM

I think someone had a screenshot in the separate Maxwell thread but if you look at the Twitter account called “Rangers Report” and go back to earlier this month there are a few different goalie metrics. It shows Rocky has been below average this year but Maxwell is much worse.

That Twitter account has a lot of interesting analysis, well worth a follow. Digs a lot deeper than just assists and goals. One update in the past few days showing Kamberi in the top 10 for open play expected assists.

04Sauzee
25-11-2019, 07:46 PM

Hope Bogdan gets his chance soon if Marciano doesn't get back in. Maxwell doesn't fill me with confidence, doesn't seem to hold many shots.

Peevemor
25-11-2019, 08:50 PM
That’s all fair enough. But there’s also the relationship the keeper has with his defence. Other than the semi, I think the defence has looked a lot more solid with Maxwell behind them.The impression I get is that Maxwell makes less saves because he has less saves to make. I think this is because we have better possession due to his distribution and he organises and controls his box better.

In saying that, I like Rocky & Bogdan too.