PDA

View Full Version : John Potter

truehibernian
24-11-2019, 11:30 AM
Very impressed with JP yesterday. Always pushing the players, shouting positive instructions, organising from the touchline, never leaving the players in any doubt what their role was as the game flowed. That lad has powerful lungs too !

The players really responded to both the manager’s and his instructions. Great initial body language from the players pre, during and post game too. Scott Allan in particular seemed to enjoy his game yesterday. Been a severe critic of Newell but Potter really encouraged him from the edge of the pitch and it showed - Newell was excellent in various patches of the game.

marinello59
24-11-2019, 11:38 AM
Very impressed with JP yesterday. Always pushing the players, shouting positive instructions, organising from the touchline, never leaving the players in any doubt what their role was as the game flowed. That lad has powerful lungs too !

The players really responded to both the manager’s and his instructions. Great initial body language from the players pre, during and post game too. Scott Allan in particular seemed to enjoy his game yesterday. Been a severe critic of Newell but Potter really encouraged him from the edge of the pitch and it showed - Newell was excellent in various patches of the game.

I think the key word there is encouraged, That's not always been the case in recent seasons where we have seen players getting slaughtered from the bench when a mistake was made. A good positive start from the new management team.

Scorrie
24-11-2019, 11:42 AM
I think the key word there is encouraged, That's not always been the case in recent seasons where we have seen players getting slaughtered from the bench when a mistake was made. A good positive start from the new management team.

Absolutely. I don’t anyone in any walk of life improves from being constantly criticised all the time. Completely negative way of doing things