PDA

View Full Version : Heckingbottom signings

MacGruber
23-11-2019, 11:43 PM
So maybe Hecky's signings weren't so bad after all! Maybe the club hasn't been set back years

Naismith, Doidge, Halberg, Newell all looking useful now.

Maxwell solid enough and Jackson looks decent.

Vela and Tom James do look poor though having said that they all did under Heck so can be afforded a new start from here under Ross too

The Spaceman
23-11-2019, 11:52 PM
So maybe Hecky's signings weren't so bad after all! Maybe the club hasn't been set back years

Vela and Tom James do look poor though having said that they all did under Heck so can be afforded a new start from here under Ross too

Agreed. Think Joe Newell deserves to be singled out for praise today. He did not have a good start but proved today he 100% does have quality in his locker, just needs to be played correctly.

Dmas
24-11-2019, 06:29 AM
Agreed. Think Joe Newell deserves to be singled out for praise today. He did not have a good start but proved today he 100% does have quality in his locker, just needs to be played correctly.

Looked good today especially first half, some nice touches worked hard in midfield think he tired quickly second half was a good sub by ross at the time here’s hoping he can continue his form into Tuesdays game

Northernhibee
24-11-2019, 07:00 AM
The players he’s signed are decent squad players which tbh is what we needed - he didn’t get the best out of them which was his downfall but I think we have a good overall squad.

Since452
24-11-2019, 07:59 AM

He's like a different player through the middle. Never a winger in a million years

Bobby's Cinema
24-11-2019, 08:02 AM
Leeann probably feeling quite good after being dismissed for her pretty bullish comments after sacking Hecky that she thinks we have a good squad

hibeerealist
24-11-2019, 08:04 AM

Fresh start for everyone onwards and upwards GGTTH

Marvellous
24-11-2019, 08:25 AM
Leeann probably feeling quite good after being dismissed for her pretty bullish comments after sacking Hecky that she thinks we have a good squad

She handled it well when she was asked about it; as did Jack Ross when he was asked about his intentions in January.

GoalsMcGinley
24-11-2019, 08:39 AM
Still not having Joe Newell. Couple of decent touches. Should’ve scored. Flitted in and out of the game. In fact at one point in the 1st half I forgot he was playing.

If we’re serious about a top 3/4 challenge we need better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeffers
24-11-2019, 08:40 AM
Definitely an improvement from the new signings the past two games, but with the exception of Hallberg I'm still not convinced they are any better than the players who were already at ER. Amazing though what two very good performances have on fans perceptions of playes, all of a sudden they become good/great signings.

SMAXXA
24-11-2019, 08:42 AM
Definitely an improvement from the new signings the past two games, but with the exception of Hallberg I'm still not convinced they are any better than the players who were already at ER. Amazing though what two very good performances have on fans perceptions of playes, all of a sudden they become good/great signings.

What in the same way that 2 performances makes a player ***** and we need to get rid 😂

Eaststand
24-11-2019, 08:47 AM
I thought Doidge was excellent again yesterday, also Naismith and Hallberg looked very good.

*slightly off topic, is our on loan keeper Chris Maxwell in any way related to Ally Maxwell the ex Motherwell keeper from the 1980's ?

GGTTH

jeffers
24-11-2019, 08:51 AM
What in the same way that 2 performances makes a player ***** and we need to get rid 😂

Aye pretty much.

G B Young
24-11-2019, 08:53 AM
Was going to post something similar. Right players, wrong manager? It's certainly interesting that they seem to be playing better without him in charge.

Since452
24-11-2019, 09:04 AM
I actually think we've got a very strong squad. Especially when you consider we've got Gray and McGregor to come back. For that i give Heckingbottom some credit.

MWHIBBIES
24-11-2019, 09:04 AM
Still not having Joe Newell. Couple of decent touches. Should’ve scored. Flitted in and out of the game. In fact at one point in the 1st half I forgot he was playing.

Excellent assist, good all round play, good tracking back. If we're serious about a top 4 challenge we need to beat Motherwell and St Johnstone. He contributed excellently to wins against both.

LustForLeith
24-11-2019, 09:05 AM
My understanding is that there were players brought in under Hecky’s reign who had been watched by Hubs for two or three years so they’re not Heckingbottom signings. They also were offered more money to sign for English Championship sides for more money but knocked it back to come to Hibs.

The power Of the power point presentation!

GoalsMcGinley
24-11-2019, 09:11 AM
Excellent assist, good all round play, good tracking back. If we're serious about a top 4 challenge we need to beat Motherwell and St Johnstone. He contributed excellently to wins against both.

Assist? It was a sitter that landed at Doidge!

MWHIBBIES
24-11-2019, 09:30 AM
Assist? It was a sitter that landed at Doidge!

Wasn't a sitter, it was a good chance for him and a sitter for Doidge. It was an assist.

Baker9
24-11-2019, 09:37 AM
Vela was with Bolton practically from the day he began to walk. He has operated within a massive comfort zone all of his career until he came to us. Foreign country, strange language, restless natives, spooked. The new management team might be able to get him sorted. There is a player in there.

B.H.F.C
24-11-2019, 09:41 AM

He still has a lot to prove, but based on his last two starts, that’s a harsh assessment. He played well yesterday, against the team sitting fourth.

danhibees1875
24-11-2019, 09:50 AM
I liked James at the start of the season. Is he still injured?

Is It On....
24-11-2019, 09:52 AM
My understanding is that there were players brought in under Hecky’s reign who had been watched by Hubs for two or three years so they’re not Heckingbottom signings. They also were offered more money to sign for English Championship sides for more money but knocked it back to come to Hibs.

The power Of the power point presentation!

They were properly scouted and assessed by George Craig and his team. The problem is that the manager seemed to play them out of position and we will only truly find out how good they are over time. Heckingbottom may have been [according to reports] a good coach but he was [judging by results and playing people out of position] a dreadful manager.

Brightside
24-11-2019, 09:53 AM

All signings were signed by Hibernian. Not by Hecky.

CRAZYHIBBY
24-11-2019, 11:08 AM
So does the manager have any say on who we sign

HibbyAndy
24-11-2019, 11:12 AM
I would have thought Adam Jackson was a heckingbottom signing

Keith_M
24-11-2019, 11:16 AM
So does the manager have any say on who we sign

Here's the rules:
---

If we don't like the manager and the players are poor: The Manager signed them

If we don't like the manager and the players are good: George Craig signed them

If we like the manager and the players are poor: George Craig signed them

If we like the manager and the players are good: The Manager signed them

Greenbeard
24-11-2019, 11:21 AM
Still not convinced by Doidge even if improved. Per highlights, he totally miscued his first goal and it would have been as glaring a miss as you've ever seen if it had not gone in off the 'Well player. For the second goal his "neat flick" looked more like another miscue to me. And second half he has another clear shot on goal and yet again fires straight at the goalie - shades of Pittodrie. Granted he is getting into positions to score but......

CallumLaidlaw
24-11-2019, 11:30 AM
Still not convinced by Doidge even if improved. Per highlights, he totally miscued his first goal and it would have been as glaring a miss as you've ever seen if it had not gone in off the 'Well player. For the second goal his "neat flick" looked more like another miscue to me. And second half he has another clear shot on goal and yet again fires straight at the goalie - shades of Pittodrie. Granted he is getting into positions to score but......

His goal was going in anyway, albeit in the other side of the goal. He done well to create the space for the 3rd goal you talk about. If he score every single chance that fell to him it would be a bigger club than us he was playing for.

MWHIBBIES
24-11-2019, 11:36 AM

His goal was definitely going in anyway. He is getting into positions to score and he is scoring. 4 in 2 games. No buts.

Since452
24-11-2019, 11:38 AM

You don't become a bad finisher overnight. He scored a barrel load down south. He's putting the ball in the net now and getting the breaks he wasn't earlier

Greenbeard
24-11-2019, 11:49 AM
His goal was definitely going in anyway. He is getting into positions to score and he is scoring. 4 in 2 games. No buts.
Absolutely no way was that ball going in anyway. Watch the replay from behind the goals. Ball strikes his heel and is travelling parallel to the goal line two yards out before hitting the 'Well defender. It was an OG 100%.

Heisenberg
24-11-2019, 11:53 AM
Absolutely no way was that ball going in anyway. Watch the replay from behind the goals. Ball strikes his heel and is travelling parallel to the goal line two yards out before hitting the 'Well defender. It was an OG 100%.

I’ve watched it. I still think it’s going in anyway and it’s been given as his goal. Strange that you’re quite desperate to stick to putting the boot in. He’s scored four goals in two games and deserves credit.

Greenbeard
24-11-2019, 12:11 PM
I’ve watched it. I still think it’s going in anyway and it’s been given as his goal. Strange that you’re quite desperate to stick to putting the boot in. He’s scored four goals in two games and deserves credit.
Not strange. Just my honest opinion without green-tinted specs on and double checking the direction of the ball after contact.
And I have already said Doidge has improved, getting into good positions etc.
Let's see what Stewart and Thomson say about the goal on Sportscene tonight - going in anyway or OG. What odds they disagree?!

MWHIBBIES
24-11-2019, 12:12 PM
Not strange. Just my honest opinion without green-tinted specs on and double checking the direction of the ball after contact.
Let's see what Stewart and Thomson say about the goal on Sportscene tonight - going in anyway or OG. What odds they disagree?!

****ing hell, imagine listening to what those 2 say about Hibs...

Greenbeard
24-11-2019, 12:27 PM
****ing hell, imagine listening to what those 2 say about Hibs...
Salt, pinch of. In fact the top's come off the salt cellar.

Hibernian Verse
24-11-2019, 12:39 PM
Still not convinced by Doidge even if improved. Per highlights, he totally miscued his first goal and it would have been as glaring a miss as you've ever seen if it had not gone in off the 'Well player. For the second goal his "neat flick" looked more like another miscue to me. And second half he has another clear shot on goal and yet again fires straight at the goalie - shades of Pittodrie. Granted he is getting into positions to score but......Per full game, he was excellent and proved to be a good outball. Held the ball up well, scored and linked up with Kamberi and Allan.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Stuart93
24-11-2019, 12:39 PM

Doidge was really good yesterday barely lost anything in the air

But his finish was pants for his goal as was his shot in the second half but he gets in those positions which is a bonus

If he can work on his finishing he’ll score a lot of goals for us