PDA

View Full Version : Large collection on Ebay

wallpaperman
23-11-2019, 11:35 PM
Anyone seen this on EBay?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Huge-collection-of-Hibs-Hibernian-programmes-and-memorabilia/184041691640?hash=item2ad9bd59f8:g:onwAAOSwqzFd0wS R

Pretty substantial collection though not a lot of description about the condition of the programmes.

I’m no expert on whether this is a good or bad price or somewhere in the middle. Fact that it’s located in Guildford means most people interested couldn’t look at the collection which is something I would like to do if putting that much money down.

Certainly sounds like a lot of items, but the Alan Lugton books alone are worth a decent amount.

hibby6270
24-11-2019, 04:42 PM
Anyone seen this on EBay?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Huge-collection-of-Hibs-Hibernian-programmes-and-memorabilia/184041691640?hash=item2ad9bd59f8:g:onwAAOSwqzFd0wS R

Pretty substantial collection though not a lot of description about the condition of the programmes.

I’m no expert on whether this is a good or bad price or somewhere in the middle. Fact that it’s located in Guildford means most people interested couldn’t look at the collection which is something I would like to do if putting that much money down.

Certainly sounds like a lot of items, but the Alan Lugton books alone are worth a decent amount.

Spotted it last week. As you say it’s a big outlay.

Is it worth it? Constituent parts broken down individually and purchased one at a time, it may well be. However, would someone, who isn’t already a collector, want to shell out £1200 to get there collection started? I’m not sure.

Wonder if it’s up for sale by someone on this forum?

hibeg
25-11-2019, 04:38 PM
Never saw the listing until now. The Scottish services is worth £200 min. The Coronation Cup issues are also 3 figures each. Obviously depending on condition.
Very nice collection but think £1200 is a bit high as no postponed issues are included. If the 3 55/6 European Cup Homes were there, then it may be worth the asking price.
The lugton hardback books were on a few weeks ago and only made £10 each !!!!

hibby6270
26-11-2019, 03:49 PM
Now relisted at £800.

1 8 7 5
27-11-2019, 02:26 PM
Now relisted at £800.

Still looks steep to me, by about 50% !. Tho' suppose its worth what someone will pay.

hibeg
27-11-2019, 07:46 PM
There are 30 large 50s issues. I see one is v Spurs. Even average a tenner each, that’s £300. Scottish Services and Celtic 48/9 must be £250-300 between them. 3 Coronation Cup Issues minimum £200
I would suggest £800 is a very good price for the lot.
No, I’m not the seller 😂

wallpaperman
03-12-2019, 11:44 AM
Noticed that it ended last night with one bid for the £800 minimum asking price.

i was tempted to enquire a little deeper about the general condition of the programmes. If decent condition it might have been possible to sell some of them on and recoup some money while filling gaps in an existing collection, but I just don’t have the time for it just now (nor the £800 really :greengrin).

Anyone on here the winning bidder?

Iggy Pope
06-12-2019, 07:29 PM
Noticed that it ended last night with one bid for the £800 minimum asking price.

i was tempted to enquire a little deeper about the general condition of the programmes. If decent condition it might have been possible to sell some of them on and recoup some money while filling gaps in an existing collection, but I just don’t have the time for it just now (nor the £800 really :greengrin).

Anyone on here the winning bidder?

Not me but I’m intrigued about the exact content of what was in it.

scoopyboy
16-12-2019, 05:20 PM
Not me but I’m intrigued about the exact content of what was in it.

One of my mates enquired but wasn't overly impressed.

Iggy Pope
16-12-2019, 08:14 PM
One of my mates enquired but wasn't overly impressed.

I gather a lot of the collectables were over and above programmes.