PDA

View Full Version : St Mirren on Hibs TV

Diclonius
23-11-2019, 09:23 PM
Will there be video for international subscribers, or will it be on St Mirren's live service only? Looking forward to this.

H18 SFR
23-11-2019, 09:25 PM
The champions League normally means no.

Sproule Three
24-11-2019, 01:41 AM
Will there be video for international subscribers, or will it be on St Mirren's live service only? Looking forward to this.

No .
Confirmed by Kenny Millar on Twitter .
should be on St Mirren Tv .
you can subscribe by the game .
That’s what I’ll be doing

FilipinoHibs
24-11-2019, 04:25 AM
No .
Confirmed by Kenny Millar on Twitter .
should be on St Mirren Tv .
you can subscribe by the game .
That’s what I’ll be doing

Can they transmit given champions league night?

SouthMoroccoStu
24-11-2019, 05:45 AM
Can they transmit given champions league night?

Don’t think it will be

They’re no permitted

Like our replay in the cup vs Hearts in 2016

Sproule Three
24-11-2019, 07:11 AM
Don’t think it will be

They’re no permitted

Like our replay in the cup vs Hearts in 2016
Oh aye - forgot about that nonsense 🤦*♂️

Spoiling it for less than 1000 fans of both team maximum throughout the world who would have no interest in watching the Champions league anyway .

Beaurocratic nonsense

SouthMoroccoStu
24-11-2019, 08:01 AM
Oh aye - forgot about that nonsense 🤦*♂️

Spoiling it for less than 1000 fans of both team maximum throughout the world who would have no interest in watching the Champions league anyway .

Beaurocratic nonsense

Got it in one pal

I had to watch the cup replay via a Jambo streaming it live on Periscope

Very pleasing... but he didn’t stay and film Sunshine on Leith at the end! I messaged him about it but he never got back to me

Scorrie
24-11-2019, 08:03 AM

But English championship matches are live on Sky on Tuesday so how does that work?

Hermit Crab
24-11-2019, 08:09 AM
But English championship matches are live on Sky on Tuesday so how does that work?

Maybe the rule has been scrapped but in the past did the English FA/Sky/BT Sport not just take the hit with the fine for broadcasting games as it was peanuts to them?

Hibee87
24-11-2019, 09:25 AM
Maybe the rule has been scrapped but in the past did the English FA/Sky/BT Sport not just take the hit with the fine for broadcasting games as it was peanuts to them?

Pretty sure they changed/relaxed the rules a few years back. I think it actually was a season or 2 after after it impacted us v hearts a couple of times

telford hibbee
24-11-2019, 09:40 AM
The tv deal down south is so big they just pay the fine I think

Eyrie
24-11-2019, 11:03 AM

Bleep the Champions League. There's a proper game of football being played at St Mirren.

Greenio
24-11-2019, 11:12 AM
Not sure if them not showing it is down to the CL.

From what I''ve been told, HibsTV showing video of away games is all to do with whether or not the team uses the same streaming provider we use.

So far, these are Hearts, Aberdeen, Celtic, Motherwell, Killie, St Johnstone and Dundee.

All the rest are on a different streaming provider, so, we cant share resources.

Did get told they are trying to expand this, but wasn't told which clubs they are trying to get added.

Sproule Three
24-11-2019, 11:46 AM
Not sure if them not showing it is down to the CL.

From what I''ve been told, HibsTV showing video of away games is all to do with whether or not the team uses the same streaming provider we use.

So far, these are Hearts, Aberdeen, Celtic, Motherwell, Killie, St Johnstone and Dundee.

All the rest are on a different streaming provider, so, we cant share resources.

Did get told they are trying to expand this, but wasn't told which clubs they are trying to get added.

Kenny confirmed current situation on a twitter response to me today .
He’s great at responding promptly . Sound guy 👍

St Mirren tv is run by media students from the local Uni .
Cost £6 on a one game basis .
Hopefully the mad UEFA rules have changed so I can give them my money to watch it

007 Mickey Weir
24-11-2019, 12:42 PM

This rule isn’t anymore. TV games can be shown

KWJ
24-11-2019, 01:53 PM
Game is on radio Scotland too.

davhibby
24-11-2019, 03:57 PM
The Champions League rule changed about 2 years ago

Col2
24-11-2019, 04:12 PM
So st Mirren tv an option?

hhibs
24-11-2019, 04:32 PM

Think so. one off 6.99 euros if overseas.

Though there website makes no mention of this specific game.

Anyhoo,Hibs Ladies playing Glasgow City in Scottish cup final live on BBC Alba now!

thegaffer12
24-11-2019, 05:24 PM
Anyone know if a VPN is likely to work on Tuesday? Know a few clubs have been clamping down on them

Sproule Three
25-11-2019, 09:47 AM
It is now .
Just got confirmation back that they are showing it live on St Mirren TV .
€ 6.99 for 3 day pass .
That’ll do me

JohnM1875
25-11-2019, 11:09 AM
Anyone know if a VPN is likely to work on Tuesday? Know a few clubs have been clamping down on them

Definitely worked for me last time I used St Mirren TV.

H18S NX
25-11-2019, 03:27 PM
VPN works for me

Centre Hawf
25-11-2019, 04:00 PM
”Unfortunately due to UEFA broadcasting restrictions we are unable to show tomorrow night’s match against Hibernian live on St Mirren TV.

We will, however, have live audio commentary of the match on smfcuws.tv.“

JohnM1875
25-11-2019, 04:28 PM
”Unfortunately due to UEFA broadcasting restrictions we are unable to show tomorrow night’s match against Hibernian live on St Mirren TV.

Glad I didn't sign up just yet then! Cheers for the info.

SouthMoroccoStu
25-11-2019, 04:43 PM

Crazy decision

Aim Here
25-11-2019, 05:02 PM
Crazy decision

Not from the St Mirren point of view. They'd get shafted by the SFA and/or UEFA if they did show the game.

The decision makes business sense from the UEFA point of view too, in that they get to monopolize all the broadcasting so that it prioritises their one big flagship competition that brings in the megabucks, and it makes logical sense for them to not give a **** about the handful of fans who'd prefer to watch a local league game in their little backwater country.

What's crazy is that football is set up that UEFA can get away with this pish.

SouthMoroccoStu
25-11-2019, 05:29 PM
Not from the St Mirren point of view. They'd get shafted by the SFA and/or UEFA if they did show the game.

The decision makes business sense from the UEFA point of view too, in that they get to monopolize all the broadcasting so that it prioritises their one big flagship competition that brings in the megabucks, and it makes logical sense for them to not give a **** about the handful of fans who'd prefer to watch a local league game in their little backwater country.

What's crazy is that football is set up that UEFA can get away with this pish.

Sorry

I was referring to UEFA broadcasting restrictions

Sproule Three
25-11-2019, 08:34 PM
I got email yesterday confirming game was being shown .
i replied positively thanking them and saying I was glad UEFA regulations had changed but then got a further email apologising that they couldn’t show it now due to the rule
Worried I prompted them to check it.
😩

Diclonius
25-11-2019, 08:34 PM
UEFA don't give a **** about domestic football.

Eyrie
25-11-2019, 09:02 PM
UEFA don't give a **** about football, just money.

Fixed that for you.

Callum_62
26-11-2019, 11:56 AM
i replied positively thanking them and saying I was glad UEFA regulations had changed but then got a further email apologising that they couldn’t show it now due to the rule
[emoji30][emoji23][emoji23] Well done mate

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Andy74
26-11-2019, 01:04 PM
What's the prospects of it being shown shortly after midnight?

I've fallen for the chat in the past refreshing the latest videos until I fall asleep and find out in the morning it must have gone up some time well into the night.

The other wee helpful thing I've noted in the past on these occasions is to try and go with a neutral picture for the goal highlights. If you are looking in to watch the replay you usually get a good look at someone who you're pretty certain has scored a goal.

Peevemor
26-11-2019, 01:12 PM

I've fallen for the chat in the past refreshing the latest videos until I fall asleep and find out in the morning it must have gone up some time well into the night.

The other wee helpful thing I've noted in the past on these occasions is to try and go with a neutral picture for the goal highlights. If you are looking in to watch the replay you usually get a good look at someone who you're pretty certain has scored a goal.

I think it'll depend how quickly the ST Mirren people give the files to Hibs TV.

The full match replay was available almost immediately after Saturday's match (for overseas viewers).

KennyMillar
26-11-2019, 02:07 PM

Hi Andy,

The earliest we're allowed to publish footage is midnight, through the SPFL regulations.

The physical act of preparing the array of highlights and post-match interview packages is what sometimes takes us past that time.

For example, for an away game like tonight we can't get a live feed. So we'll get it on a hard drive from the broadcaster after the game and jump on the bus back to Easter Road. It'll be on Peter tonight to overlay the commentary over that, upload the full game to Hibs TV, cut the match and goal highlights and edit the interviews. Big files to be working with so they can't be uploaded until we get to Easter Road.

It's not perfect and we're looking into what some other clubs do but, all being well, we like to think it's up at midnight more often than not. Evening away games can be a struggle from time to time to hit that deadline but the goal is to hit midnight consistently.

There are a few things we want to do to improve the service - ranging from the simple to ambitious - but it can be a slow burner.

Should add, we try to keep the pictures neutral so that anyone looking to avoid the score and watch it 'as live' doesn't have the game given away in advance.

Andy74
26-11-2019, 03:24 PM
Hi Andy,

The earliest we're allowed to publish footage is midnight, through the SPFL regulations.

The physical act of preparing the array of highlights and post-match interview packages is what sometimes takes us past that time.

For example, for an away game like tonight we can't get a live feed. So we'll get it on a hard drive from the broadcaster after the game and jump on the bus back to Easter Road. It'll be on Peter tonight to overlay the commentary over that, upload the full game to Hibs TV, cut the match and goal highlights and edit the interviews. Big files to be working with so they can't be uploaded until we get to Easter Road.

It's not perfect and we're looking into what some other clubs do but, all being well, we like to think it's up at midnight more often than not. Evening away games can be a struggle from time to time to hit that deadline but the goal is to hit midnight consistently.

There are a few things we want to do to improve the service - ranging from the simple to ambitious - but it can be a slow burner.

Should add, we try to keep the pictures neutral so that anyone looking to avoid the score and watch it 'as live' doesn't have the game given away in advance.

Cheers Kenny. I’ll have an extra coffee about 11 in case!

Bristolhibby
26-11-2019, 03:38 PM
Got it in one pal

I had to watch the cup replay via a Jambo streaming it live on Periscope

Very pleasing... but he didn’t stay and film Sunshine on Leith at the end! I messaged him about it but he never got back to me

Ditto. Was like being in the East. Great way to watch football.

J

Coco Bryce
26-11-2019, 04:22 PM
How can St Mirren TV show it but not Hibs TV ?

SouthMoroccoStu
26-11-2019, 04:25 PM

They’re not showing it

Brummie_Hibs
26-11-2019, 04:26 PM

I don't think it is now thanks to a clipe!!

Coco Bryce
26-11-2019, 04:29 PM
Ah FFS :rolleyes:

The 90+2
26-11-2019, 04:45 PM
UEFA don't give a **** about domestic football.

They do if you give them enough money.

KennyMillar
26-11-2019, 04:50 PM

It's their game to stream and St Mirren have a product to sell.

There are eight teams in the league who have a reciprocal agreement, which makes it easier most weeks.

Something we find just as frustrating but - with technology developing all the time and working practises changing with it - hopefully it's something that can be improved upon before too long.

h1bs4life
26-11-2019, 05:41 PM
It's their game to stream and St Mirren have a product to sell.

There are eight teams in the league who have a reciprocal agreement, which makes it easier most weeks.

Something we find just as frustrating but - with technology developing all the time and working practises changing with it - hopefully it's something that can be improved upon before too long.

Hi Kenny are able to confirm that the UEFA rule is still in place regarding unable to broadcast live even on the web if Champions League games are taking place. Some people seem to think rule has changed. Cheers

thegaffer12
26-11-2019, 05:52 PM
St Mirren TV have tweeted saying it cannot be shown due to UEFA regulations. Gutted, radio for me tonight.

ian cruise
26-11-2019, 06:02 PM
😩

Hi, I know the guy at UWS (University of West of Scotland) who's students film the games, he'll have known even if the club had previously given out wrong info. Won't be anything to do with your email. More likely they messaged the uni about coming in and were told that they couldn't show it live.

Marvellous
26-11-2019, 06:17 PM
UEFA are great.

hibbysam
26-11-2019, 07:19 PM
https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/about-uefa/news/newsid=19817.html

Surely this shows that you can show during champions league games? Only blackout is on Saturday 14.45-17.15.

Unless there is another rule regarding the champions league?

Greenio
26-11-2019, 07:26 PM
Anyone know anyone going that might be up for doing periscope or similar? Ive watched a few games like that over the years

MrRobot
26-11-2019, 07:30 PM
Anyone know anyone going that might be up for doing periscope or similar? Ive watched a few games like that over the years

please pass it on if one is found!

SlickShoes
26-11-2019, 07:41 PM
Is there audio? It says on hibsTV that they are only doing audio but nothing is playing

SJNB Hibby
26-11-2019, 07:45 PM
Is there audio? It says on hibsTV that they are only doing audio but nothing is playing

I've got audio in Boston

norwayhibs
26-11-2019, 07:47 PM

Audio here:aok:

Billy
26-11-2019, 07:48 PM

support@hibernianfc.co.uk will provide support.

phoenixfire
26-11-2019, 07:48 PM
As usual when I go th Hibs tv just a blank screen

SlickShoes
26-11-2019, 07:53 PM
Cheers for the replies I couldn't see the green "Listen Now" button on the green background :hilarious

Billy
26-11-2019, 07:54 PM

Tried to email you but it was bounced back, can you drop me an email: support@hibernianfc.co.uk

FRes Hibbie
26-11-2019, 07:56 PM
Yet sky are able to show a championship game tonight. Just ‘top’ divisions?

The 90+2
26-11-2019, 07:59 PM
Yet sky are able to show a championship game tonight. Just ‘top’ divisions?

Nah sky will pay their fine.

phoenixfire
26-11-2019, 08:38 PM

surreyhibbie
26-11-2019, 08:39 PM

same problem I had on my iPad, the support guys are very helpful...

email support@hibernianfc.co.uk

phoenixfire
26-11-2019, 08:42 PM
same problem I had on my iPad, the support guys are very helpful...

email support@hibernianfc.co.uk

Thanks Surrey , have sent them a message:thumbsup:

Sproule Three
26-11-2019, 09:51 PM
Hi, I know the guy at UWS (University of West of Scotland) who's students film the games, he'll have known even if the club had previously given out wrong info. Won't be anything to do with your email. More likely they messaged the uni about coming in and were told that they couldn't show it live.
😂😂😂

Id imagine so .
The email from James advised me that they had just received a directive from SPL .
As you say they would have known that anyway .
Audio coverage was a nightmare