PDA

View Full Version : Naismith

theonlywayisup
23-11-2019, 07:09 PM
To add another player thread, I thought Naismith showed what a good player he is.

Very impressed - apart from SDG, we've not had a right back as good as him for a while.

PS: ignoring Efe as he wasn't really a right back.

Vault Boy
23-11-2019, 07:10 PM
Permanent deal please. Proven Scottish Premiership quality and a significant part of our revival.

wookie70
23-11-2019, 07:10 PM
To add another player thread, I thought Naismith showed what a good player he is.

Very impressed - apart from SDG, we've not had a right back as good as him for a while.

PS: ignoring Efe as he wasn't really a right back.

He put a great shift in and was very good going forward. Defensively suspect on a good few occasions although never really go much protection from the midfield.

tonyrougier123
23-11-2019, 07:14 PM
Really like naismith,he was a good player for county and is making right back his for keeps imo.
Even sdg will struggle to get back in there.
Hope we try and sign the guy permanent.

Since452
23-11-2019, 07:18 PM
Was delighted when we signed him and really showing why. Hopefully becomes permanent.

Iggy Pope
23-11-2019, 07:20 PM
Stuck to his task well today as he was getting a fair old time of it from their left side.

RyeSloan
23-11-2019, 07:21 PM
Has plenty of energy and bombs forward a lot.

Got ripped a few times today though and looks a bit awkward at times.

Appreciate others rate him highly, I’m still not sure although will admit that he has clearly improved the last couple of games.

Smartie
23-11-2019, 07:23 PM
Brilliant going forward, did ok defensively. I thought their number 14 looked like an absolute nightmare to play against though, Naismith had a job on his hands today and on the whole did ok.

random sub
23-11-2019, 07:26 PM
Good going forward but I thought we were massively exposed down both flanks today. Porto and Hanlon played a key role for us clearing cross balls.

Smartie
23-11-2019, 07:42 PM
Good going forward but I thought we were massively exposed down both flanks today. Porto and Hanlon played a key role for us clearing cross balls.

I don't know if I can remember a team successfully hitting our byeline as often as Motherwell did today.

Little came of it, which was a relief as our defending in the middle was decent.

Lewis got back to make the odd good tackle, Hallberg had a good one when he was exposed one on one out on our right but Naismith was torn apart a few times and Hanlon was shredded one time in the first half.

I don't know if it was just our formation, the narrow midfield left us a bit more exposed out wide in the fullback areas?

Weegreenman
23-11-2019, 07:42 PM
Saw him just boot the ball away several times today when he could have looked up and picked a pass. Got ripped on more than a few occasions also but aye he’s ****in brilliant.,,.,.,WTF ?

He needs to up his game or he’ll be booted with the rest of our soft touch defence.

Iggy Pope
23-11-2019, 07:44 PM
Saw him just boot the ball away several times today when he could have looked up and picked a pass. Got ripped on more than a few occasions also but aye he’s ****in brilliant.,,.,.,WTF ?

He needs to up his game or he’ll be booted with the rest of our soft touch defence.

Sound a bit angered. Touch of the Weegreenman syndrome?

J-C
23-11-2019, 07:48 PM
Decent going forward but poor defensively, sits off his man far too often instead of closing him down, he's ok but I think we can get better.

tamig
23-11-2019, 07:51 PM
I think he’s ok but is severely lacking in pace. His timing in the tackle is good and bailed him out a few times. If SDG gets himself fit again I don’t think this guy will keep him out the team.

Pretty Boy
23-11-2019, 07:54 PM
Motherwell have 2 good wide players. It wasn't an easy task for either of our full backs and of the 2 I think Naismith was marginally the better. Tough shift but he done what was required.

As a unit I thought the defence was edgy today and it's by far the weakest area of our team but we limited a decent Motherwell side to only a couple of real clear cut chances.

Vault Boy
23-11-2019, 07:54 PM

If that's all you saw then I think it's your perception that needs revision.

Weegreenman
23-11-2019, 07:55 PM
Sound a bit angered. Touch of the Weegreenman syndrome?

You can hear me Iggy aye? Lust for life man.

Heisenberg
23-11-2019, 07:56 PM

I don’t think I saw him “get ripped” at all today. He was good.

greenpaper55
he is a big lad for a full back, got turned a few times but more than happy for him to get a deal at hibs.

Iggy Pope
You can hear me Iggy aye? Lust for life man.

:wink:
I hear ya.

Diclonius
23-11-2019, 08:04 PM
I'm not completely convinced by him, but he looks to be a fairly solid RB.

Hibby Bairn
23-11-2019, 08:06 PM

I agree with this. Needs time to improve fitness and match time will help. If not then we need better imo.

hibbysam
23-11-2019, 08:09 PM
I think he’s ok but is severely lacking in pace. His timing in the tackle is good and bailed him out a few times. If SDG gets himself fit again I don’t think this guy will keep him out the team.

So him and Gray are basically the same player then? Without checking I’d imagine Naismith is younger and injured less though so he’s in for me.

tamig
23-11-2019, 08:12 PM
So him and Gray are basically the same player then? Without checking I’d imagine Naismith is younger and injured less though so he’s in for me.

Although he’s no Boyle I think SDG is quicker. I also think he’s better defensively and gets forward much more than Naismith. Nothing like the same player for me.

Weegreenman
23-11-2019, 08:19 PM
Forgot to mention, he almost gave away a penalty today. I just canny believe people are giving him credit for today and think that his performance deserves credit and a thread to boot.

Come on folks, get real. We need a better defensive display than the one I witnessed today.

Hiber-nation
23-11-2019, 08:22 PM
Forgot to mention, he almost gave away a penalty today. I just canny believe people are giving him credit for today and think that his performance deserves credit and a thread to boot.

Come on folks, get real. We need a better defensive display than the one I witnessed today.

Excellent last week, very good this week. Not sure what your standards are.

Allant1981

Was that not porteous

MWHIBBIES

When did he almost give away a pen? Pretty sure that was Porteous

Guess you weren't there last game? He was excellent then. Not quite as good today but your reaction is way too much.

Weegreenman
23-11-2019, 08:27 PM
Excellent last week, very good this week. Not sure what your standards are.

Excellent this week? Pfft.....My standards are obviously a wee bit higher than yours.

Weegreenman
23-11-2019, 08:30 PM
When did he almost give away a pen? Pretty sure that was Porteous

Guess you weren't there last game? He was excellent then. Not quite as good today but your reaction is way too much.

Wasn’t at the last match. My comments were based on today. He was pretty poor in my opinion but don’t let that get in the way of a good story. Ripped by the Motherwell winger several times and booting the ball up the park to nobody in a blind panic isn’t my idea of an excellent performance. There may well be a player in there but we never saw it today.

CMurdoch
23-11-2019, 08:31 PM
Brilliant going forward, did ok defensively. I thought their number 14 looked like an absolute nightmare to play against though, Naismith had a job on his hands today and on the whole did ok.

Naismith didn't enjoy marking the fast and skillful Hylton who led him a merry dance.
Was much happier marking his replacement Seedorf.
Good player today, Hylton was.

Naismith has set a goal up in each the last 2 games but does move like George Foreman as famously described by Mohammed Ali.

Jury still out.

Hiber-nation
23-11-2019, 08:31 PM
Excellent this week? Pfft.....My standards are obviously a wee bit higher than yours.

Not what I said!

These 2 wingers are very good, the full backs aren't going to win the ball every time.

Weegreenman
23-11-2019, 08:37 PM
Not what I said!

These 2 wingers are very good, the full backs aren't going to win the ball every time.

Aye fair enough they were decent but I expect our defenders to give the opposition a harder time than he they got.

supermcginn
23-11-2019, 08:39 PM
I'd be waiting a good few more games before offering a permanent deal.

Peevemor
23-11-2019, 08:44 PM
I'd be waiting a good few more games before offering a permanent deal.He's on loan. It may not even be an option.

hibbysam
23-11-2019, 08:50 PM
Although he’s no Boyle I think SDG is quicker. I also think he’s better defensively and gets forward much more than Naismith. Nothing like the same player for me.

There’s no chance Gray is quicker than Naismith, Gray also bailed himself out many times with last ditch tackles because of his relatively slow turns. I’d say the similarities are very striking between the two.

Nicho87
23-11-2019, 09:37 PM
Naismith was really good second half.
On same kind of topic the boy he was up against looked really good. Hylton number 14, we could do a lot worse than try and sign him. Although wingers not high on the list just now.

theonlywayisup
23-11-2019, 09:37 PM

No one is saying he's brilliant. You must be a bundle of laughs at parties.

He played well, good or even very good, depending on your benchmark of what is good. But he wasn't brilliant.

Why such negativity when he did okay?

BILLYHIBS
23-11-2019, 09:45 PM
Best right back at the club just now until SDG comes back

Maybes one for Jack Ross to look at long term as Naismith is only on loan

Jonnyboy
23-11-2019, 09:48 PM
Naismith was really good second half.
On same kind of topic the boy he was up against looked really good. Hylton number 14, we could do a lot worse than try and sign him. Although wingers not high on the list just now.

Motherwell signed him from Solihull Moors. Imagine the reaction on here if we'd signed a player from the National League :wink:

Weegreenman
23-11-2019, 10:14 PM
No one is saying he's brilliant. You must be a bundle of laughs at parties.

He played well, good or even very good, depending on your benchmark of what is good. But he wasn't brilliant.

Why such negativity when he did okay?

I don’t think he did ok though. He wasn’t up against Ronaldo ffs! It was Motherwell. He got done several times over and his panic clearances didn’t fill me with a sense of hope for future games. Some folk want to put a false spin on things, I’ll tell you what I saw. I’m a ****in hoot at parties btw.

stoneyburn hibs
23-11-2019, 10:41 PM
He's not good enough to be our permanent right back.

NorthNorfolkHFC
23-11-2019, 10:47 PM
Would be delighted if he were our permanent fb. I’ll take slight defensive deficiencies for a determined desire to get forward and help attack any day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

monktonharp
23-11-2019, 10:48 PM
I thought he was one of our better players today. he got ripped on several occasions mainly because of the winger's speed. also thought we toiled a few times on the left back position and I was puzzled to see that it was left to Hanlon to cover the left so much. the big number 44 was excellent and had Hanlon in his pocket when storming down on the right side for Motherell

Coco Bryce
23-11-2019, 10:49 PM
Slower than a weekend in the cells.

GreenOnions
23-11-2019, 10:49 PM
I was extremely surprised when I opened this thread to find praise for Naismith's performance today.

I thought Jason stuck at it and offered good width going forward a few times. However, defensively he looked completely off the pace IMO.

I lost count of the number of times the Motherwell left winger Hylton beat him - at least two nutmegs included.

Our weakness there in particular caused us quite a number of problems. Most of Motherwell's danger came from that area and I think Jason would have been the most relieved player on the pitch when Hylton was subbed for the last 10 mins.

The fact that we won almost all the headers / interceptions from crosses into our box today disguises the number of crossing opportunities we conceded.

The right back position remains a major weak spot for us IMO I'm afraid.

monktonharp
23-11-2019, 11:05 PM
thought he played quite well , mainl going forward. he was toiling, as previously said against a speedy winger.

JimBHibees
24-11-2019, 07:48 AM
Hilton looked good and think Jason battled well especially given the midfield diamond left us exposed in wide areas. Like his attitude and played a hand in a very good win.

NorthNorfolkHFC
24-11-2019, 07:51 AM

As DT says, fake news.

He’s rapid, up against one of the fastest wingers in Scotland and coped. It was a good battle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

hibee-boys
24-11-2019, 08:01 AM
Both full back areas definately require an upgrade.

ian cruise
24-11-2019, 08:06 AM
Playing against a fast, skillful wide player in a formation that invites the other team to attack due to the midfield being narrow. I'm not sure he did as badly as some are making out, it was always going to be a hard shift.

JimBHibees
24-11-2019, 08:21 AM
Playing against a fast, skillful wide player in a formation that invites the other team to attack due to the midfield being narrow. I'm not sure he did as badly as some are making out, it was always going to be a hard shift.

Agree with that thought he did ok and quite like his aggression at times.

MWHIBBIES
24-11-2019, 09:08 AM

Such lazy and totally incorrect analysis this is.