PDA

View Full Version : Tannoy system in ff stand

staunchhibby
23-11-2019, 06:48 PM
Once again just a mumble from tannoy system in ff upper and no tv working.Tannoy systems has been crap for a while.Could fans rep possibly bring to stadium managers attention

nellio
23-11-2019, 06:49 PM
Same in the east. Had been for years, can't hear a thing.

04Sauzee
23-11-2019, 06:49 PM
The tannoy system in the FF upper doesn't work at all hasn't for the last 3 games now the sound I hear is the sound coming from the tannoy in the west stand

MWHIBBIES
23-11-2019, 06:52 PM
I'm sure they know, it could be a really difficult one go fix though. If it's the actual speakers it's a pretty big job.

dalkeith stu
23-11-2019, 06:53 PM
Yaaaaassss!!! Hecky's away and the teams winning again, we can get back to discussing the important issues !!!

tamig
23-11-2019, 06:54 PM
Same in the FF Lower for past two games. Ron’s plan will no doubt cover it though.

04Sauzee
23-11-2019, 06:55 PM
I'm sure they know, it could be a really difficult one go fix though. If it's the actual speakers it's a pretty big job.

This was asked today and there was a reply

@HibernianFC seriously tgough when are we going to get a tannoy system that works in the FF upper. No sound at all 3 games in a trot!!

A work in progress.

iwasthere1972
23-11-2019, 07:03 PM
Once again just a mumble from tannoy system in ff upper and no tv working.Tannoy systems has been crap for a while.Could fans rep possibly bring to stadium managers attention

It only said that the pies and bovril were free for the duration of the match.

Carheenlea
23-11-2019, 07:14 PM
The speakers in West Upper seemed to end up blown. If they can’t handle The Proclaimers I’m going to resign myself to Sunn O))) never getting an airing.

cabbageandribs1875
23-11-2019, 07:17 PM
were the goalscorers mentioned on the tannoy in the east,or anywhere :confused:, i had to ask others who scored the 1st and 3rd, couldn't see

maybe i was just blethering and missed the announcements

danhibees1875
23-11-2019, 07:22 PM
I hear the tannoy perfectly in the east stand. :dunno:

RyeSloan
23-11-2019, 07:23 PM
were the goalscorers mentioned on the tannoy in the east,or anywhere :confused:, i had to ask others who scored the 1st and 3rd, couldn't see

maybe i was just blethering and missed the announcements

Are the goal scorers ever announced on the tannoy?

brianmc
23-11-2019, 07:24 PM
I hear the tannoy perfectly in the east stand. :dunno:

Where in the East is your seat? 🤔

cabbageandribs1875
23-11-2019, 07:24 PM
Are the goal scorers ever announced on the tannoy?

erm yeah :confused:or whatever it is

danhibees1875
23-11-2019, 07:27 PM
Where in the East is your seat? 🤔

Pretty much bang in the middle.

They always announce the goalscorer. :agree:

brianmc
23-11-2019, 07:34 PM

I'm in the back row of the East. In the middle with the TV gantry at my back - and I can't make out a word!
HOWEVER, unlike some, I'm perfectly happy with this. Shan patter, cheesy pop songs and birthday requests I can do without 👍🏼

RyeSloan
23-11-2019, 07:38 PM

Honestly I’ve never ever noticed that.

Subs aye but goal scorers naw.

How strange [emoji23][emoji23]

Iggy Pope
23-11-2019, 07:42 PM
The emergency warning before Kick off came through loud and clear in the FF but nothing else.
Team announcements, Happy Hibby draw (who was that on the pitch? We’re they making the draw?), goal scorers, subbies, MoM and all that, nothing at all audible. Surely has to be sorted. Wont today’s match sponsors bother that not many in the stadium know who they are?

danhibees1875
23-11-2019, 07:44 PM
I'm in the back row of the East. In the middle with the TV gantry at my back - and I can't make out a word!
HOWEVER, unlike some, I'm perfectly happy with this. Shan patter, cheesy pop songs and birthday requests I can do without 👍🏼

I was wondering if it would be worse towards the back of the stand. Sounds like that's the reason for the difference experiences.

Honestly I’ve never ever noticed that.

Subs aye but goal scorers naw.

How strange [emoji23][emoji23]

Only the home goalscorers if that helps. :greengrin

I assumed everywhere done it!

cabbageandribs1875
23-11-2019, 07:59 PM
Dear Barrie, for the love o the wee man get them fitted

https://brain-images-ssl.cdn.dixons.com/0/0/21775700/u_21775700.jpg

percy veer
23-11-2019, 08:04 PM
What are people actually wanting the tannoy for," who scored? I think I'll wait for the tannoy. Oh I never heard that, better ask a fellow season ticket holder beside me " bigger things to spend the cash on.

But but but safety

Pretty Boy
23-11-2019, 08:05 PM
It seems like a minor thing but the ovation for the new manager at the start was pretty muted around me because no one heard him being introduced. That led to a lack or coordination to any reception for him. There's a big difference between it being muffled or low quality audio, which has been the case in the FF for years, and the current situation which is absolutely no sound at all. It just doesn't work.

I believe the lack of any repairs or upgrades to the PA system is because the cost is prohibitive but having no ability to listen to any announcement beyond the emergency briefing is annoying.

hfc rd
23-11-2019, 08:06 PM
Yep, I can’t hear a single thing.

It’s the only minor thing that is poor about our ground.

Pretty Boy
23-11-2019, 08:08 PM
What are people actually wanting the tannoy for," who scored? I think I'll wait for the tannoy. Oh I never heard that, better ask a fellow season ticket holder beside me " bigger things to spend the cash on.

But but but safety

Another poster above has made a pretty comprehensive list.

Team announcements
Goalscorers
Subs
Happy Hibby Draw
Birthday shout outs
Half time guests
Upcoming events announcements

Some or all of them may be of no interest to some, or the information may be available in other formats to others but to some people it's potentially important.

Hibee Mac
23-11-2019, 08:09 PM
To be honest I've preferred the last few games in FF with no tannoy, I can actually hear the people around me and have conversations without having to shout.

Its the same in the concourses the music is absolutely blaring you can barely hear a thing.

Iggy Pope
23-11-2019, 08:11 PM

But but but safety

We’ve got a sporting celebrity appearing at ER next week. No one is gonna know who he is.
We had someone draw the Happy Hibby on the pitch today. I’ve no idea who.

We had all the tornadoes on the pitch recently and I doubt such events would be as effective without some audible announcements?

What’s being a season ticket holder got to do with anything?

wearethehibs
23-11-2019, 08:46 PM
You go to the football to watch the game and support the team? Why are folk even bothered about the tannoy and the TVs??

Just goes to show why the atmosphere in ER is so poor when this is what folk are worried about.

Iggy Pope
23-11-2019, 08:49 PM
You go to the football to watch the game and support the team? Why are folk even bothered about the tannoy and the TVs??

Just goes to show why the atmosphere in ER is so poor when this is what folk are worried about.

I’m not worried about it. It’s embarrassingly poor but I’m not worried about it. TVs? Missed that bit.

wearethehibs
23-11-2019, 08:51 PM
I’m not worried about it. It’s embarrassingly poor but I’m not worried about it. TVs? Missed that bit.

The first post says "no TV working"

Assume they mean in the concourse

Iggy Pope
23-11-2019, 08:53 PM
The first post says "no TV working"

Assume they mean in the concourse

So it does. I agree that this is fairly irrelevant.

danhibees1875
23-11-2019, 09:04 PM
In the grand scheme of things of course it's irrelevant. I don't think anyone would argue otherwise. But we don't live in a world where people have 1 most important thing and focus solely on that.

It's a valid point and makes up part of the all-round matchday experience which has been coming under criticism, for a lot of the same things, for a while now.

staunchhibby
23-11-2019, 09:14 PM
Yes on the concourse.

Since452
23-11-2019, 09:32 PM
Surely has to be a safety issue. What if there had to be an evacuation?

vuefrom1875
23-11-2019, 09:34 PM

Crap anywhere in the stadium, needs to be sorted,emailed L.D 2 years ago on this subject......still waiting to hear...nuff said.

GreenCastle
23-11-2019, 09:35 PM
Yaaaaassss!!! Hecky's away and the teams winning again, we can get back to discussing the important issues !!!

Haha!

I did think again today in East it was awful.

Can’t hear a word and had no idea what was going on at half time with that cup and promoting of the game tomorrow.

It’s been a work in progress for years - basically they are ignoring it.

Hibs would be better doing a go fund me page and watch the donations come in from fans.

Could take 2 years but least it would improve the match day experience.

Iggy Pope
23-11-2019, 09:38 PM
Surely has to be a safety issue. What if there had to be an evacuation?

For whatever reason, the emergency warnings are loud and clear before kick off. Nothing else is. I doubt it’s the same PA system.

monktonharp
23-11-2019, 11:20 PM
canny hear a bloody thing from it in the ff lower. not even in the toilets

Power
24-11-2019, 12:07 AM

Club are well aware of the tannoy system in FF, East and South (West is ok) but cost to amend/fix/upgrade/improve is eye watering.

Nonetheless - it’s been flagged before I came in to the role and since I have been involved in last 6 months - I’ll absolutely back that it’ll be fixed before I depart this role.

monktonharp
24-11-2019, 12:26 AM
Club are well aware of the tannoy system in FF, East and South (West is ok) but cost to amend/fix/upgrade/improve is eye watering.

Nonetheless - it’s been flagged before I came in to the role and since I have been involved in last 6 months - I’ll absolutely back that it’ll be fixed before I depart this role.not arguing with your commitment or comment but (and I am not an electrician or comm.expert) can they not just change the diaphragms in some of the speakers, to improve it? :dunno:

Phil MaGlass
24-11-2019, 05:26 AM

Since nobody can hear it or make out what is being said, surely there must be a safety issue here in case of emergency, also, since it is so ****, why the hell use it for announcements that nobody can understand?

oops,just seen Iggy Pops comments

overdrive
24-11-2019, 06:38 AM
Since nobody can hear it or make out what is being said, surely there must be a safety issue here in case of emergency, also, since it is so ****, why the hell use it for announcements that nobody can understand?

oops,just seen Iggy Pops comments

I think it is a separate system that’s used for emergency announcements. The police announcement at the start comes through clear.

Begs the question, though, is there a requirement to have separate systems for emergency use and general use? Could they not just use the emergency one since it works?

Also worth noting that it seems to work in the stairwell of the FF Upper East side.

HibsAnnouncer
24-11-2019, 07:27 PM
Hi everyone

Barrie here. As always I’ll come in and give an update on this situation where I can.

First off the North Stand Speakers have packed in along with the South, and it has been highlighted and raised with the club. The buzzing experienced in the West Stand has also been highlighted. We have turned off the west stand to prevent it however the sound is still apparent.

Now the positive news. We have had several engineer visits regarding the situation we have also taken the matter to Ron and the board and there will hopefully be an update in full for you all in the very near future. It’s not my position to say anything officially but I have been highlighting all the feedback and doing regular walks (as you may of already noticed) around the stadium on match days prior and during stadium opening and we are edging closer to a resolution.

I’ve taken all the feedback you guys have been providing aswell as my own to try have the situation prioritised and I can promise you it’s not being ignored by anyone at the club.

With regards to comments made on poor pop music etc, there has been a huge change this season since I, along with now Micky Gavin have been able to change things up.

You may have noticed the introduction of match day playlists from the club (something I have been trying to get together for quite some time), more features of local artists, (we recently had the Rah’s, Callum Beatties new track Easter Road and will also be featuring a new one from Cleary - YLT). We have introduced more upbeat intro’s, team
Tunnel music (battle without honour for example) and Instrumentals for when the teams are announced.

Now, in all fairness I don’t think these are being fully noticed due to our current issues with the system but I, like you guys care massively about the content of match days, the sound of the stadium and most importantly your opinion on what you may like to see or hear.

I’m never going to be able to please everyone but I am as enthusiastic about making our atmosphere, match day entertainment etc as best as it can possibly be.

Please keep feeding back and keep messaging me with your ideas and I will do everything I can to try them (where possible).

04Sauzee
24-11-2019, 07:38 PM
Hi everyone

Barrie here. As always I’ll come in and give an update on this situation where I can.

First off the North Stand Speakers have packed in along with the South, and it has been highlighted and raised with the club. The buzzing experienced in the West Stand has also been highlighted. We have turned off the west stand to prevent it however the sound is still apparent.

Now the positive news. We have had several engineer visits regarding the situation we have also taken the matter to Ron and the board and there will hopefully be an update in full for you all in the very near future. It’s not my position to say anything officially but I have been highlighting all the feedback and doing regular walks (as you may of already noticed) around the stadium on match days prior and during stadium opening and we are edging closer to a resolution.

I’ve taken all the feedback you guys have been providing aswell as my own to try have the situation prioritised and I can promise you it’s not being ignored by anyone at the club.

With regards to comments made on poor pop music etc, there has been a huge change this season since I, along with now Micky Gavin have been able to change things up.

You may have noticed the introduction of match day playlists from the club (something I have been trying to get together for quite some time), more features of local artists, (we recently had the Rah’s, Callum Beatties new track Easter Road and will also be featuring a new one from Cleary - YLT). We have introduced more upbeat intro’s, team
Tunnel music (battle without honour for example) and Instrumentals for when the teams are announced.

Now, in all fairness I don’t think these are being fully noticed due to our current issues with the system but I, like you guys care massively about the content of match days, the sound of the stadium and most importantly your opinion on what you may like to see or hear.

I’m never going to be able to please everyone but I am as enthusiastic about making our atmosphere, match day entertainment etc as best as it can possibly be.

Please keep feeding back and keep messaging me with your ideas and I will do everything I can to try them (where possible).

Thanks for the update Barry and looking forward to our new Tannoy system being in place soon 😁

RyeSloan
24-11-2019, 09:33 PM
Hi everyone

Nice one! Good to hear that things are being done.

Get your point on folk moaning about the music choice, you are indeed never gonna please everyone. That said I like what you’ve done re the teams in the tunnel and just before kick off, think that’s working really well [emoji736][emoji736]

Dolce7
25-11-2019, 04:12 PM
The tannoy system in the FF upper doesn't work at all hasn't for the last 3 games now the sound I hear is the sound coming from the tannoy in the west stand

I thought it was a legal requirement for the tannoy system to work in all areas
of the stadium in case of an emergency surprised we got a stadium licence if this
was the case

we are hibs
25-11-2019, 04:46 PM
Tbf the TV thing its a bit **** when you go down to check scores at half time and you can barely make it out due to sponsors taking up half the screen. If only you could get a decent 4G connection at Easter Road then you could check the scores on your phone :confused:

WestCoastHibby
25-11-2019, 05:24 PM

Nope, you are only partially correct. I don’t want to hear unnecessary chatter but I’d rather hear audible understandable announcements when they are required.
If there was a safety incident, some numpty talking into the acoustics that sound like a donkey gargling in a bucket just doesn’t help.
It’s 2019 and this should be sorted. End of

........come again?? Didn’t quite hear you

beensaidbefore
25-11-2019, 06:03 PM

The club are well aware. Did you not hear the announcement on Saturday :wink:

04Sauzee
25-11-2019, 06:13 PM
Tbf the TV thing its a bit **** when you go down to check scores at half time and you can barely make it out due to sponsors taking up half the screen. If only you could get a decent 4G connection at Easter Road then you could check the scores on your phone :confused:

Funnily enough on Saturday my 4G worked all halftime the beat it ever has

Hibby70
25-11-2019, 06:37 PM
Hi everyone

Good update Barrie, but play George Ezra once more and I swear I'll be ripping the speakers out myself 😁

KingFranck
25-11-2019, 07:34 PM
Good update Barrie, but play George Ezra once more and I swear I'll be ripping the speakers out myself 😁

Ha ha they should play Go For It by Slf when the teams walk out

Eyrie
25-11-2019, 08:01 PM
:thumbsup:

Hibby70
25-11-2019, 11:05 PM

Go for it - SLF
Pretty green - the Jam
Junior Kickstart - the Go Team
Kick out the Jams - MC5

Iggy Pope
26-11-2019, 04:12 PM
Go for it - SLF
Pretty green - the Jam
Junior Kickstart - the Go Team
Kick out the Jams - MC5

Stompers.
Everything’s Gone Green - New Order
Lust for Life (natch) - Iggy Pop
Somebody’s Gonna Get Their Head Kicked In Tonight - (Preferably by The Rezillos rather than Fleetwood Mac but I can see why it’s a non starter)
Paper Plane - Status Quo (think we missed a trick two managers back there.....)