PDA

View Full Version : Slivka and Hallberg

j'adorehibs
23-11-2019, 05:50 PM
Definitely the right fit for central midfield.Thought both were awesome today. If Slivka can keep up that level of performance he could be an important player for rest of this season....his problem is consistency but if he continues to get a run out then hopefully thats what we'll get every game.

Scouse Hibee
23-11-2019, 06:02 PM
Both were immense today,what a difference it made.

CMurdoch
23-11-2019, 06:25 PM
Slivka out of contract at the end of the season.
It will be interesting to see if he is offered a new contract before the January window.
Ross will have to assess him and decide before the window opens or risk losing him on a pre contract .

California-Hibs
23-11-2019, 06:26 PM
Works. Works reeeeeally well!!

04Sauzee
23-11-2019, 06:29 PM
Still think in the formation we are playing someone like Omeonga would have worked really well. But yes Slivka had very decent game

MWHIBBIES
23-11-2019, 06:30 PM
Should be offering Slivka a new deal tonight. Excellent when played in proper position and played consistently.

Hibby Bairn
23-11-2019, 06:31 PM
Agree 👍

Carheenlea
23-11-2019, 06:45 PM
Slivka showed a real appetite this afternoon, as he did up at Perth last week - and he looks every bit the international midfielder. Hopefully an extended run in his strongest position will reap rewards.

Shrekko
23-11-2019, 06:51 PM
Slivka is absolute class in the middle when he’s on the ball. Would like to see him look for more forward passes though.

Andy74
23-11-2019, 06:55 PM
Definitely the right fit for central midfield.Thought both were awesome today. If Slivka can keep up that level of performance he could be an important player for rest of this season....his problem is consistency but if he continues to get a run out then hopefully thats what we'll get every game.

In this formation you have to add Newell and Allan to that.

Hallberg sits deeper and Slivka is just one of the 3 in front of that.

KWJ
23-11-2019, 07:14 PM
He did get beaten far too easily just by the bye line allowed the Well player right into the box.

If that had been Mallan he'd have been telt.

Covers an awfy lot of ground though and has a touch of class.

The Modfather
23-11-2019, 07:22 PM
Should be offering Slivka a new deal tonight. Excellent when played in proper position and played consistently.

A good game today, along with everyone else. However he’s still got a long way to go to prove he’s worth a new deal IMO. Probably a good squad player but not sure he’ll ever be good enough to help us reach Aberdeen’s levels of consistently challenging for the top 3.

hibeerealist
23-11-2019, 07:29 PM
A good game today, along with everyone else. However he’s still got a long way to go to prove he’s worth a new deal IMO. Probably a good squad player but not sure he’ll ever be good enough to help us reach Aberdeen’s levels of consistently challenging for the top 3.

Agree :agree:

MWHIBBIES
24-11-2019, 09:36 AM

He's already showed he's good enough to contribute to us finishing 4th and 5th, id happily take the chance, would be very silly to let him go for free. He's showing right now he's more than a squad player.

Baker9
24-11-2019, 09:43 AM
How many years has Slivka been with us? How many decent games has he played? Why are we still debating whether he is good or not? I'll be very surprised if he is not moved on by the new manager.

Hermit Crab
24-11-2019, 09:46 AM
How many years has Slivka been with us? How many decent games has he played? Why are we still debating whether he is good or not? I'll be very surprised if he is not moved on by the new manager.

Aye good one. He will get a new deal.

Golden Bear
24-11-2019, 09:47 AM
He played very well yesterday but we've been here before.

I hope the new Manager gives him a decent run of games in order that he can prove that he has the necessary consistency and application which will end in the offer of a new contract.

B.H.F.C
24-11-2019, 09:49 AM
Hallberg would have been my man of the match. Think we’ve got a player there.

I must have been watching a different Slivka to everyone else though. Far too passive, particularly the way the boy just wandered by him for their goal.

CloudSquall
24-11-2019, 09:52 AM
It's now or never for Slivka, I always had high hopes for him but felt he was unlucky due to the quality we had in the team, now is the perfect opportunity to have an extended run in the team and claim one of those CM positions as his own.

The Modfather
24-11-2019, 09:59 AM
He's already showed he's good enough to contribute to us finishing 4th and 5th, id happily take the chance, would be very silly to let him go for free. He's showing right now he's more than a squad player.

He was part of squads that finished 4th and 5th but no more than that IMO. He’s always been in and out the team, which is why I’d keep him as a good squad player. A couple of good games doesn’t make him a good player, same as a couple of bad games doesn’t make him a bad player. He has brought far better balance to the midfield and is probably part of our best available midfield at the moment.

However I don’t think he would be particularly hard to replace or upgrade. Would be happy enough with him as a squad player once Ross begins to shape his team and bring new players in.

Eyrie
24-11-2019, 10:20 AM
Slivka played well yesterday, so if he can improve his consistency then he'll deserve a new contract. If he doesn't then we need to move on.

Steve88
24-11-2019, 10:35 AM
Always been a fan of Slivka. Yes consistency is required but he is a hibs type player - Technically very very good on the ball, he always look for the ball and is confident on the ball, good passer and he's a fighter! His tracking back/fitness seems to be the weak spot for me.

But, if I'm in the starting 11 and I have the choice of either Vela or Slivka next to me for 90 mins, I trust Slivka far more....

Greenbeard
24-11-2019, 11:11 AM
One swallow and all that. Nice footballer. Silky at times. But been anonymous too often from what I have seen (not y'day) and although I would be content enough with an extension, he is def a candidate to be let go in order to get someone else in to harden the midfield. But please, Vela has got to be the first to be offloaded, even if doing so would be more of a financial hit.

cmcd
24-11-2019, 12:13 PM
He did get beaten far too easily just by the bye line allowed the Well player right into the box.

If that had been Mallan he'd have been telt.

Covers an awfy lot of ground though and has a touch of class.
That's twice I've seen Motherwell this season and there wide players are very quick and skillful

jacomo
24-11-2019, 01:07 PM
Slivka played well yesterday, so if he can improve his consistency then he'll deserve a new contract. If he doesn't then we need to move on.

This is it. In his third season for us now, it’s been stop and start for him but the frustration is that he’s not always taken his chance to impress when given the opportunity.

I do like him as a player, I hope it comes good.

MB62
24-11-2019, 01:12 PM
He played ok yesterday but he was definitely a candidate for the hook in the 2nd half IMO. Too many times he looks as though he just can't be bothered, and that's what's frustrating about him, excellent in parts and then goes MIA.
Long way to go before I'm convinced he deserves a new contract.

Since90+2
24-11-2019, 01:14 PM
Hallberg was immense. Really impressed with him.

Slivka had a decent enough game, not as good as Allan or Hallberg but it wasn't a bad performance.

On a slightly different note someone has been having fun updating Hallberg's Wiki page.