PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to the Women's Scottish Cup final tomorrow?

G B Young
23-11-2019, 04:26 PM
Hibs Ladies bidding to make it four Scottish Cup final wins in a row. Very tough ask against Glasgow City though.

4.10pm kick-off at Tynecastle. Be great to round off what's already been an excellent weekend for Hibs with a cup win.

Hibee_Rab
23-11-2019, 07:36 PM
I'm in York, so won't be able to attend in person- but I'm guessing it will be on available to watch on the BBC website?

lugz
23-11-2019, 07:40 PM
Me and my daughter are hopefully going to go along.

givescotlandfreedom
23-11-2019, 08:23 PM
Is there pay at the gate does anyone know?

kaimendhibs
23-11-2019, 08:24 PM
Im working. Good luck ladies

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

The 90+2
23-11-2019, 08:25 PM
Is it on tv?

givescotlandfreedom
23-11-2019, 08:31 PM
Is it on tv?

Yes on Alba.

Eyrie
23-11-2019, 09:53 PM
I considered going but don't want to be a jinx so I'll watch on Alba as usual.

The 90+2
23-11-2019, 09:54 PM
Yes on Alba.

Thanks 👍

wallpaperman
23-11-2019, 10:26 PM
Sadly not. We’ve been to a few games this season including the semi in Stirling, but our daughter has a birthday party slap bang in the middle of the afternoon that was already committed to.

Ironically quite a few of the girls going to the party play for a girls team, are Hibbies, and would have been there (bunch of us went to the Scotland game at Easter Road). Just one of those things, the party was booked first, at least we can watch it when we get home.

Anyone thinking about it, please go along and give the ladies your support. The commitment and skill might surprise a few, it did me when I first went.

Just hope we can hold on to most of the players for next season when some of the usual suspects are starting to flash the cash around.

scooby
24-11-2019, 06:48 AM
5 of us going, we got tickets through my daughters team.
Mon the Hibees 💚

Forza Fred
24-11-2019, 07:24 AM
Dunno the costs involved, but as an overseas subscriber, to me this is a game that should have been live on Hibs Tv.

Since452
24-11-2019, 08:07 AM
Good luck to the women. In to those weegies

wallpaperman
24-11-2019, 08:17 AM
Dunno the costs involved, but as an overseas subscriber, to me this is a game that should have been live on Hibs Tv.

Not if Alba have exclusive rights? They show a lot of ladies football so I expect they have some sort of exclusivity.

Power
24-11-2019, 08:30 AM
Is there pay at the gate does anyone know?

Aye ✅

Hearts ticket Office open before the game and 20minutes passed kick off.

G B Young
24-11-2019, 08:55 AM
About a dozen of us are going, mix of parents and primary school-aged boys and girls. Looking forward to it.

GreenCastle
24-11-2019, 09:06 AM
City favourites but it’s a cup final and anything can happen.

Have Hibs ever won a Scottish Cup at Tynecastle?!!

hibby rae
24-11-2019, 09:15 AM
Looking forward to this, last game I was at was the 8-0 victory over Rangers 😀 I reckon it'll be a tighter game today!

It is only about a fiver as well so I hope we have a big crowd.

Jay
24-11-2019, 09:26 AM
Gutted im missing it. Just cant fit it in. My son has a cup game this afternoon.

Malthibby
24-11-2019, 10:54 AM
Three of us going, serious underdogs given how many players we lost but GC will not be looking forward to this
given we have beaten them in the last 7 cups.
Noticed Abi Harrison has done her cruciate after moving south; damn shame for her, hopefully she'll recover for next season.
GG

wallpaperman
24-11-2019, 11:00 AM
Three of us going, serious underdogs given how many players we lost but GC will not be looking forward to this
given we have beaten them in the last 7 cups.
Noticed Abi Harrison has done her cruciate after moving south; damn shame for her, hopefully she'll recover for next season.
GG

While I agree that Glasgow City will be favourites, don’t think the gap is that big.

i was at the game against them at Ainslie Park a few weeks ago and it was very tight.

It was 2-1 to Glasgow quite late on, when Hibs got the ball in the net, but it was controversially ruled out. Glasgow scored shortly after to make it 3-1, flattered them a bit.

Hope they have better officials than that day, I thought they were out of their depth and didn’t keep up with play very well.

davhibby
24-11-2019, 11:32 AM
While I agree that Glasgow City will be favourites, don’t think the gap is that big.

i was at the game against them at Ainslie Park a few weeks ago and it was very tight.

It was 2-1 to Glasgow quite late on, when Hibs got the ball in the net, but it was controversially ruled out. Glasgow scored shortly after to make it 3-1, flattered them a bit.

Hope they have better officials than that day, I thought they were out of their depth and didn’t keep up with play very well.

The League Cup final we were the better team earlier this year and fully deserved to win. The team seems to be playing well and have had some great results since the summer so hopefully they can make it 4 in a row

Eyrie
24-11-2019, 02:03 PM
The League Cup final we were the better team earlier this year and fully deserved to win. The team seems to be playing well and have had some great results since the summer so hopefully they can make it 4 in a row

We had a perfectly good goal chalked off for an alleged foul on their keeper in the second half.

givescotlandfreedom
24-11-2019, 03:26 PM
Aye ✅

Hearts ticket Office open before the game and 20minutes passed kick off.

Cheers

cabbageandribs1875
24-11-2019, 03:43 PM
31 mins 1-0 hibs, deserved lead

Billy Whizz
24-11-2019, 03:43 PM
1-0 Hibs

cabbageandribs1875
24-11-2019, 03:47 PM
terrible gift for the equaliser

same girl that scored our goal

followed by some very poor slack passes, backwards

they've fallen asleep now 2-1 glasgow

givescotlandfreedom
24-11-2019, 03:50 PM
Ooft

cabbageandribs1875
24-11-2019, 03:55 PM
squirrel there with the wean

HT 1-2 switching off has cost them badly, only one team going to win this now imo as i just can't see them scoring another two

Brightside
24-11-2019, 04:05 PM
Expect City to kick on now. We are defensively not a match for them, and we don’t have the strength in-depth to make big changes.

Eyrie
24-11-2019, 04:06 PM
terrible gift for the equaliser

same girl that scored our goal

followed by some very poor slack passes, backwards

they've fallen asleep now 2-1 glasgow

It was Gallacher who scored for us and McGregor that stuck her foot in for their equaliser.

Frustrating to be behind at half time.

cabbageandribs1875
24-11-2019, 04:15 PM
well done napier :thumbsup: 2-2

cabbageandribs1875
24-11-2019, 04:19 PM
It was Gallacher who scored for us and McGregor that stuck her foot in for their equaliser.

Frustrating to be behind at half time.

it was the commentator that said gallacher with the mistake, i actually thought it was napier...

anyways, point blank save by the glasgow keeper stops a 3rd

and then a glasgow OG 3-2 hibs...wow :thumbsup::thumbsup:

just don't switch off this time around

Hermit Crab
24-11-2019, 04:19 PM
3-2 hibs og

lord bunberry
24-11-2019, 04:20 PM
3-2 the cabbage.

hibby6270
3-2 Hibs - O.G. After good pressure on defence.

BILLYHIBS
What a game!

Brightside
What’s the goalie doing. 😂

CMac1988
Unlucky with the header before but we'll take the og after a couple of defensive errors! C'Mon Hibs.

DaveF
24-11-2019, 04:21 PM
Comedy defending and it's 3-2 Hibs.

hhibs
3-2 the cabbage.

Yeh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BILLYHIBS
3-2 Hibs - O.G. After good pressure on defence.

High press 😂

Hermit Crab
24-11-2019, 04:25 PM
Lassie missed a sitter just before the goal as well.

cabbageandribs1875
24-11-2019, 04:26 PM
looks more there today than was at the heartz/st mirren game recently

Pretty Boy
24-11-2019, 04:26 PM
Jamie-Lee Napier is a cracking football player. She'll do well in the game and Hibs will be lucky to hold on to her.

lord bunberry
24-11-2019, 04:29 PM
Jamie-Lee Napier is a cracking football player. She'll do well in the game and Hibs will be lucky to hold on to her.
The keeper has made a few good saves as well.

cabbageandribs1875
24-11-2019, 04:31 PM
that was a pretty hard tackle on the lassie napier

04Sauzee
24-11-2019, 04:31 PM

I'd think she will be the next girl to move down south, I would be surprised if she's with Hibs next season. She is very good.

cabbageandribs1875
24-11-2019, 04:32 PM
some height on that glasgow lassie that just came on

Deansy
24-11-2019, 04:35 PM
Is it paranoid-me or are the commentary-team on Alba a bit too pro Weegie-city?

Hermit Crab
24-11-2019, 04:36 PM
3-3 good header

Pretty Boy
24-11-2019, 04:36 PM
3-3.

Looked like a push in the back at 1st viewing but the replay showed it was just a slip.

Brightside
24-11-2019, 04:48 PM
Need to get Adams on up top if we want to win this.

cabbageandribs1875
24-11-2019, 04:56 PM
that's game 4-3 glasgow

Hermit Crab
24-11-2019, 04:56 PM
4-3 glasgow 90th minute.

Pretty Boy
24-11-2019, 04:57 PM
Sickener.

Hunter sold the jerseys there, got caught wrong side and didn't have the pace to get back.

CMac1988
24-11-2019, 04:57 PM
Ack well.

HibbyAndy
24-11-2019, 04:58 PM
Sickener.

Hunter sold the jerseys there, got caught wrong side and didn't have the pace to get back.

That number 4 was so slow getting back

Pretty Boy
24-11-2019, 05:00 PM
FT.

Maybe the beginning of the end of Hibs being a real force in the women's game up here.

Hermit Crab
24-11-2019, 05:01 PM
That number 4 was so slow getting back

Hanlon? :greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
24-11-2019, 05:01 PM
ah well, not looking forward to the ugly sisters competing in future finals in scottish ladies football

poor siobhan hunter looks dejected there, she knows she mucked up for the winner

HibbyAndy
24-11-2019, 05:03 PM
Hanlon? :greengrin

:hilarious:hilarious

:thumbsup::greengrin

hhibs
24-11-2019, 05:10 PM
Sickener.

Looked like she was running through treacle,fitness ?

Brightside
24-11-2019, 05:12 PM
Hibs have struggled at the back this season. Right Back Muir is rapid. The rest don’t have much pace so struggle against the faster teams.

Ronniekirk
24-11-2019, 05:13 PM
Only watched it as Glasgow scored thier third goal Sfter that Hibs didn’t have an attempt at goal Seemed to struggle to get passing game going and looked tired
In that sense Glasgow deserved to win it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JimBHibees
24-11-2019, 05:31 PM
Watched bits of the game main thought was how much of an erse was Booth on the sidelines.

Malthibby
24-11-2019, 06:03 PM
Just back, very close but meybes GL were due a last minute winner after losing 7 cup games in a row against us.
Felt they did target our left back's lack of pace, she was completely distraught after they scored the fourth.
Just have to win it back next year.
Over 3000 there tonight, just a shame it was the PBS.
GG

The Harp
24-11-2019, 06:15 PM
Watched bits of the game main thought was how much of an erse was Booth on the sidelines.

Always thought he was a torn-faced git during his playing career, looks like he's carried it on into management.

Scottie
24-11-2019, 06:16 PM
He was a total erase all the way through his career. How he got so many caps for Scotland is beyond me :confused:

hibby rae
24-11-2019, 07:41 PM
FT.

Maybe the beginning of the end of Hibs being a real force in the women's game up here.

Makes it all the more important to invest in them.

As others have said Jamie Lee Napier will probably be the next to leave. Having her on a contract means compensation at least, if not a fee which would do so much for the team.

I know Mathie has said there is a plan in place for the Ladies team. I wish Hibs would announce what it is.

G B Young
24-11-2019, 07:47 PM
Just back, very close but meybes GL were due a last minute winner after losing 7 cup games in a row against us.
Felt they did target our left back's lack of pace, she was completely distraught after they scored the fourth.
Just have to win it back next year.
Over 3000 there tonight, just a shame it was the PBS.
GG

Yes, very little between two good teams with Glasgow maybe just the stronger - as evidenced by the fact they've won the league umpteen times in a row. Overall I really enjoyed it and was impressed by the quality. It's a good family atmosphere at these games and great to see so many kids (boys and girls) attending.

wallpaperman
24-11-2019, 08:04 PM
Looked like she was running through treacle,fitness ?

Siobhan Hunter is an absolute warrior, a Hibs ladies legend.

She isn’t the fastest, but usually makes up for that with great positioning, just got caught out with that one today, nothing to do with fitness.

seanshow
25-11-2019, 01:28 AM

She isn’t the fastest, but usually makes up for that with great positioning, just got caught out with that one today, nothing to do with fitness.

Not to mention the 40 yard cup final winning screamer she scored at the toni macaroni a couple of seasons ago, was a great hit.

.. Game could have went either way, as others have said, good strike to win it from the city girl at the end.

Jim44
25-11-2019, 07:10 AM
There’s a thread on KB gloating about our ladies’ defeat at Tynecastle but the main point I noticed was that Budge is claiming they lost £500k by staging the event. Shurely shome mishtake !!! She said it was money well spent investing in the world’s fastest growing team sport. I bet it was some kind of tax dodge.

G B Young
25-11-2019, 09:08 AM
There’s a thread on KB gloating about our ladies’ defeat at Tynecastle but the main point I noticed was that Budge is claiming they lost £500k by staging the event. Shurely shome mishtake !!! She said it was money well spent investing in the world’s fastest growing team sport. I bet it was some kind of tax dodge.

I was among a group of around 20 parents and kids, mostly Hibs fans but some had been given free tickets at school and had just come for a day out. Among them was a dad I hadn't met before who jumped up and celebrated with great gusto at each Glasgow goal. Not just standing up to applaud, but real fist-pumping stuff. I assumed the family must have originally been from the west but one of the other dads who knows him told me the guy is a Jambo. Effing sad behaviour if you ask me. The atmosphere was very much a family-friendly one with both sets of fans respectfully applauding the teams for their efforts in what was a good game.

I may be wrong but it's this sort of thing that for me sets Hibs and Hearts fans apart as I just can't see Hibs fans getting so worked up if Hearts Ladies lost a game. In fact I can't see them being sad enough to actually go to the game to cheer on the opposition.

flash
25-11-2019, 09:11 AM
I was among a group of around 20 parents and kids, mostly Hibs fans but some had been given free tickets at school and had just come for a day out. Among them was a dad I hadn't met before who jumped up and celebrated with great gusto at each Glasgow goal. Not just standing up to applaud, but real fist-pumping stuff. I assumed the family must have originally been from the west but one of the other dads who knows him told me the guy is a Jambo. Effing sad behaviour if you ask me. The atmosphere was very much a family-friendly one with both sets of fans respectfully applauding the teams for their efforts in what was a good game.

I may be wrong but it's this sort of thing that for me sets Hibs and Hearts fans apart as I just can't see Hibs fans getting so worked up if Hearts Ladies lost a game. In fact I can't see them being sad enough to actually go to the game to cheer on the opposition.

I would celebrate Hertz losing a game of tiddlywinks. Wouldn't ever be there to see it though.

Sudds_1
25-11-2019, 10:18 AM
I would celebrate Hertz losing a game of tiddlywinks. Wouldn't ever be there to see it though.

The way they're going this season i've already got celebration fatigue.....😁

Jones28
25-11-2019, 10:20 AM

£500,000 losses for one game of football? She’s either an idiot or needs a new calculator for Christmas 😂

Brightside
25-11-2019, 10:36 AM

The must have lost millions when there womens teams played there recently then!

wallpaperman
25-11-2019, 11:27 AM

It’s a wind-up clearly.

Like on this board, there are a number of Hearts fans on kickback who get agitated by the thought of their ladies team being given any of the ‘men’s money’. It was posted to get a reaction.

I expect the hosting of the final would have been cost neutral to Hearts. The gate money, for what it was, would cover expenses.

Jim44
25-11-2019, 12:00 PM
It’s a wind-up clearly.

Like on this board, there are a number of Hearts fans on kickback who get agitated by the thought of their ladies team being given any of the ‘men’s money’. It was posted to get a reaction.

I expect the hosting of the final would have been cost neutral to Hearts. The gate money, for what it was, would cover expenses.

:doh: My gullible. Somebody told me recently that ‘gullible ‘ had been removed from the Oxford dictionary. :greengrin

Cod Boy
25-11-2019, 06:12 PM
Was a good game Hibs ladies lose as a team a bit disappointing folk blaming one player.

Andy74
25-11-2019, 06:41 PM
Was a good game Hibs ladies lose as a team a bit disappointing folk blaming one player.

I’m sure you’d be just as understanding if a male player gave away a last minute Scottish Cup Final goal.

We will have some equality when they get the same abuse as the men do!!

bigwheel
25-11-2019, 06:48 PM
I’m sure you’d be just as understanding if a male player gave away a last minute Scottish Cup Final goal.

Oh dear...is that how we will measure equality in football - how depressing

G B Young
25-11-2019, 07:02 PM

I've been to a couple of women's games lately, including a Scotland game, and have been generally impressed by the quality. The pace of the men's game is perhaps lacking but several of the players on show yesterday were fine footballers. There were also some seriously hefty challenges going and if anything the women were picking themselves up and getting on with it quicker than a lot of the men do.

Personally, I've been won over by the coverage of the women's game of late because I think the standard these days merits it. I'd quite happily see the women's team start to play at ER regularly - and as somebody who doesn't get to many away games these days due to family commitments it would be great to have the option of a game at ER every week if the women were playing on alternate weeks to the men. No reason we shouldn't embrace a 'one club' approach to both teams.

Andy74
25-11-2019, 07:30 PM
Oh dear...is that how we will measure equality in football - how depressing

So you want to treat them differently?

I think that’s a bit depressing.

hibby rae
25-11-2019, 07:46 PM
So you want to treat them differently?

I think that’s a bit depressing.

Equality isn't necessarily about treating people the same, it's about making sure people have the same opportunities. Sometimes that means treating people differently.

wallpaperman
25-11-2019, 08:13 PM

You’re being a bit of a troll Andy.

The ball was given away cheaply, but half way into the attacking half, then a nice ball over the top did Siobhan a bit for pace. The scorer still had to step inside a couple of defenders, so there were opportunities to stop her.

What I’m trying to say is that no one person was solely at fault, and none of them should shoulder the blame on their own.

G B Young
25-11-2019, 08:26 PM
Equality isn't necessarily about treating people the same, it's about making sure people have the same opportunities. Sometimes that means treating people differently.

Yep, you can't necessarily treat everyone the same (eg kids with additional support needs at school) but you CAN try to ensure they can participate in an inclusive way which gives them the opporunity to fulfil their potential. Integrating men's and women's football is unrealistic, but there's stacks of potential to be exploited in the women's game with the right support. I just need to look at how popular the girls' football club at my kids' school has become to see how successful an inclusive approach can be.

hibby rae
25-11-2019, 08:33 PM
Yep, you can't necessarily treat everyone the same (eg kids with additional support needs at school) but you CAN try to ensure they can participate in an inclusive way which gives them the opporunity to fulfil their potential. Integrating men's and women's football is unrealistic, but there's stacks of potential to be exploited in the women's game with the right support. I just need to look at how popular the girls' football club at my kids' school has become to see how successful an inclusive approach can be.

Couldn't agree more. I'm a big supporter of Hibs doing more. Hopefully Ron feels the same!

G B Young
25-11-2019, 08:39 PM

The credit goes to the goalscorer. Great pace and skill coupled with a wonderful finish - fit to win any cup final.

wallpaperman
25-11-2019, 08:56 PM
The credit goes to the goalscorer. Great pace and skill coupled with a wonderful finish - fit to win any cup final.

It was a great goal, the more I have watched it back you can see she still had a lot of work to do when she turns back inside. Very skilful player.

Andy74
26-11-2019, 12:18 PM

This isn't about opportunities - it is about when they are playing if they are allowed to be criticised individually or not.

Of course they are.

I'm all for them being taken seriously. What doesn't help is when there are posts that are a bit patronising towards them or the other favourite, suggesting they have strengths that are beyond men such as the lack of play acting or whatever.

If a player in the men's team made a mistake in the last minute of a Scottish cup final I'd be really surprised if the response was that Hibs lose as a team and it is disappointing to blame any one player.

hibby rae
26-11-2019, 02:39 PM
This isn't about opportunities - it is about when they are playing if they are allowed to be criticised individually or not.

Of course they are.

I'm all for them being taken seriously. What doesn't help is when there are posts that are a bit patronising towards them or the other favourite, suggesting they have strengths that are beyond men such as the lack of play acting or whatever.

If a player in the men's team made a mistake in the last minute of a Scottish cup final I'd be really surprised if the response was that Hibs lose as a team and it is disappointing to blame any one player.

I'd say it's unfair to level the same amount of criticism at players who haven't been afforded the same opportunities to develop as their male counterparts and are also amateurs unlike their male counterparts. These girls give up a lot to play for Hibs, not sure many of the men would do that for us.

I agree with others on here. The goal was worthy of winning a cup final and was a piece of brilliance. I don't think Hunter did much wrong and it's a bit harsh to centre criticism on her, for the above reasons, but also, as has also been pointed out, Hibs wouldn't have had the success they have had if not for players like her.

Brightside
26-11-2019, 02:55 PM
I'd say it's unfair to level the same amount of criticism at players who haven't been afforded the same opportunities to develop as their male counterparts and are also amateurs unlike their male counterparts. These girls give up a lot to play for Hibs, not sure many of the men would do that for us.

I agree with others on here. The goal was worthy of winning a cup final and was a piece of brilliance. I don't think Hunter did much wrong and it's a bit harsh to centre criticism on her, for the above reasons, but also, as has also been pointed out, Hibs wouldn't have had the success they have had if not for players like her.

I have no issue with a player being criticised in exactly the same way the mens game is critiqued. Players will have good games and bad, and are professional enough to know when they haven't played well enough. Should be no difference as long as the critique is based on the all round ability / standard of the game. Hibs main mistake was playing a right footed player on the left side of defence. That left Hunter exposed on too many occasions. She will know she made a mistake but she will also know she did a huge amount right on the day.

wallpaperman
26-11-2019, 04:03 PM
Very well made points by both of the last posters.

Although the ladies have been on tv a bit lately and are therefore a ‘bit well known’, let’s remember they are essentially amateurs.

However they are representing the club we love, something most of us can only dream about, and they have my full respect.

I don’t know any of them personally but am aware that Siobhan Hunter for one is a born and bred Hibby, so am sure it’s a sore one. At least they have recent cup success to look back on.