PDA

View Full Version : Football Manager 2020 - Hibs

Leitherhibs
23-11-2019, 07:19 AM
I bought FM2020 last week, the first time I've bought it in 5+ years, and boy has the game moved on since then, I'm having great fun on my first 'save' as Hibs, having narrowly missed out on second behind Rangers, I'm going full tilt planning my assault on the 2021 SPFL title and the Europa League.

The Hibs squad in the game is pretty strong, perhaps stronger than many of us and pundits would be perceive it to be; Mallan, Hallberg, Kamberi, Hanlon and Porteous probably the stand out players for me.

I think the down side with this Hibs side in FM, is beyond Porteous (and to a lesser extent Shaw) there isn't really any quality in the Reserves or Under 18s coming through to develop, which I've always found the most rewarding part of the game.

Any other Hibs FM'ers out there?

H18 SFR
23-11-2019, 07:34 AM
Can anyone recommend a spec of laptop that will run the game with ease and not cost a bomb?

J-C
23-11-2019, 07:42 AM
Can anyone recommend a spec of laptop that will run the game with ease and not cost a bomb?

Make sure its 64mb, it won't run on 32.

J-C
23-11-2019, 07:47 AM
I bought FM2020 last week, the first time I've bought it in 5+ years, and boy has the game moved on since then, I'm having great fun on my first 'save' as Hibs, having narrowly missed out on second behind Rangers, I'm going full tilt planning my assault on the 2021 SPFL title and the Europa League.

The Hibs squad in the game is pretty strong, perhaps stronger than many of us and pundits would be perceive it to be; Mallan, Hallberg, Kamberi, Hanlon and Porteous probably the stand out players for me.

I think the down side with this Hibs side in FM, is beyond Porteous (and to a lesser extent Shaw) there isn't really any quality in the Reserves or Under 18s coming through to develop, which I've always found the most rewarding part of the game.

Any other Hibs FM'ers out there?

Lee the Hibs guy on here who does all the input for SI told us on the FM20 thread in the games board that a lot if the youngsters are put into a data calculator and depending on game time etc their stats are worked out that way. Buy the in game editor for £3.99, it helps to adjust certain stats, remove any serious injuries and also easier to sell and buy players.

Leitherhibs
23-11-2019, 08:25 AM
Lee the Hibs guy on here who does all the input for SI told us on the FM20 thread in the games board that a lot if the youngsters are put into a data calculator and depending on game time etc their stats are worked out that way. Buy the in game editor for £3.99, it helps to adjust certain stats, remove any serious injuries and also easier to sell and buy players.

Ah cool. That feels a wee bit like cheating to me. I’m going to work with what I’ve got - Maybe the attributes the kids have is a fair reflection on their ability.

hibsforeurope
23-11-2019, 09:06 AM
Bought fm20 and been playing the beta version for a few weeks. I think hibs is unrealistic, sold mallan down south for £10m, kamberi too for £14m this is without any game editors. Won league cup in 1st n finished 3rd. Won league, Scottish cup and europa 1/4’s in 2nd season. Love the game but no way realistic.

MWHIBBIES
23-11-2019, 09:34 AM
Bought fm20 and been playing the beta version for a few weeks. I think hibs is unrealistic, sold mallan down south for £10m, kamberi too for £14m this is without any game editors. Won league cup in 1st n finished 3rd. Won league, Scottish cup and europa 1/4’s in 2nd season. Love the game but no way realistic.
Realistic if we got a manager in who wins every game which it's quite easy to do really.

Eyrie
23-11-2019, 09:48 AM
Only ever bought FM11, so it's probably a totally different game now.

Very tempted however if Hibs are a good team to play in FM20.

Aim Here
23-11-2019, 09:49 AM
Make sure its 64mb, it won't run on 32.

64 Megabytes of what?

Do you mean that it needs a 64-bit CPU rather than a 32-bit one? Any newish laptop should be 64-bit, but yes.

If you're really talking about memory, the minimum spec is 2 gigabytes, and a cheap laptop would likely have at least double that.

Paloschi
23-11-2019, 09:51 AM
Mallan is ridiculously overrated. Porteous is underrated imo. FM is not am easy game if you don’t use editors and don’t start as Psg or man city.

Hibs90
23-11-2019, 09:54 AM
Ah, isn't there a gaming forum for this :confused:

MWHIBBIES
23-11-2019, 09:54 AM
Mallan is ridiculously overrated. Porteous is underrated imo. FM is not am easy game if you don’t use editors and don’t start as Psg or man city.

Its definitely hard to start with, I was hopeless at first. FM 20 is my 10th game in a row (quite a few with over 1k hours) so its not particularly tough now.

J-C
23-11-2019, 09:57 AM
It's not really meant to be realistic in most senses, if I can get the team playing almost realistic attacking football I'm happy. The youngsters are always slightly lower stat wise and it's been explained why but knowing most of the players by watching dev games, you can make them a wee bit better than what the game makes them.

J-C
23-11-2019, 09:59 AM
Ah, isn't there a gaming forum for this :confused:

Sports Interactive games

J-C
23-11-2019, 10:02 AM
64 Megabytes of what?

Do you mean that it needs a 64-bit CPU rather than a 32-bit one? Any newish laptop should be 64-bit, but yes.

If you're really talking about memory, the minimum spec is 2 gigabytes, and a cheap laptop would likely have at least double that.

Yes CPU, the SI forum was saying it'll lag on 32, some folk might still be using an older laptop but as you say new ones are all at least 64.

Gaffer1875
23-11-2019, 01:55 PM
I play the handheld version and I love it, very addictive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk