PDA

View Full Version : a thing of beauty

Hector Mudflap
21-11-2019, 07:52 PM
ehttps://i.paste.pics/99fa7bdd809f37d9cdff032750679aa3.png
No big Bukta on the front and an embroidered badge, even has Best and 11 on the back. Wanted this since I was a kid.

bigwheel
21-11-2019, 07:55 PM
Nice

CloudSquall
21-11-2019, 07:56 PM
Noice

Hector Mudflap
21-11-2019, 07:59 PM
Noice

Thanks guys !
Special order from Toffs without the logo and then it helps being involved with embroidery people. Too nice to wear is the problem.

Hibernia&Alba
21-11-2019, 08:15 PM
Thanks guys !
Special order from Toffs without the logo and then it helps being involved with embroidery people. Too nice to wear is the problem.

You have to wear it, mate :agree:

How much did it cost you?

Hector Mudflap
21-11-2019, 08:24 PM
You have to wear it, mate :agree:

How much did it cost you?
The top was £44 I think from Toffs but `I had to pay extra NOT to have the big massive Bukta logo. Then my mate was 55 to put the logos on but 35 of that was the set up and to design the actual patch its a grey area on copyright... If anyone wants one they have to just send the shirt and I'm more than happy to get the embroidery for £25 as the design is now made and sitting there its a shame more people won't get the benefit. I had originally wanted only a white outline on the badge and not the green infill. - lost in translation but hey ho - still love it. I miss the old badge to be honest.

BILLYHIBS
21-11-2019, 08:35 PM
Looks quality

Did HIBS ever wear that strip purple with white sleeves more specifically did Bestie ever wear it?

Hector Mudflap
21-11-2019, 08:50 PM
Looks quality

Did HIBS ever wear that strip purple with white sleeves more specifically did Bestie ever wear it?

From what I can gather they wore the strip once but as for Best...
probably not unless he wore it in bed.
which is probably where I will wear it.

BILLYHIBS
21-11-2019, 09:05 PM

Always pack my HIBS top on holiday to wear as my pjs. :greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
21-11-2019, 09:26 PM

If you wear it in bed, it will get covered in oos. Too good tae waste in your scratcher.

tamig
21-11-2019, 10:51 PM
I don’t think that strip ever had the big Bukta logo on the front. It was only the green one. I had the green, purple and yellow strips. The yellow one was full of static and made your hair stand on end when you whipped it off 😀

SouthMoroccoStu
22-11-2019, 06:26 AM
The title says it all

Very nice mate

Jones28
22-11-2019, 06:39 AM
That’s a cup final special. Have you got a kilt? What an outfit that would be.

nairn hibee
22-11-2019, 06:41 AM
Purple one was for games shown on TV ,and never had Bukta on it ,I used to have that and the green one ,I think there was a yellow away one as well

One Day Soon
22-11-2019, 08:25 AM
If you wear it in bed, it will get covered in oos. Too good tae waste in your scratcher.

'oos'?

SideBurns
22-11-2019, 08:34 AM
My first ever Hibs strip. Think my dad bought it in Ronnie Simpson's shop (Rose Street??). Wore it to my first game, at home to St.Mirren in 1978 - when we sported the yellow strip for the STV cameras!

Happy days...

snedzuk
22-11-2019, 10:29 AM
'oos'?

Ooze I think as opposed to ooohs (and ahhhs)

Hibbyradge
22-11-2019, 10:29 AM
It looks maroon 😳

Hibernia&Alba
22-11-2019, 11:44 AM
'oos'?

Ooze I think as opposed to ooohs (and ahhhs)

I always spell it oos; ooze is for the slow seeping of liquids.

Hector Mudflap
22-11-2019, 12:05 PM
It looks maroon 😳

I assure you its 100% purple and gorgeous

Hector Mudflap
22-11-2019, 12:12 PM
I don’t think that strip ever had the big Bukta logo on the front. It was only the green one. I had the green, purple and yellow strips. The yellow one was full of static and made your hair stand on end when you whipped it off 😀

Man yea! I had that as well. Was made from 100% nylon and stuck to the skin regardless of the size. Green shorts and yellow socks. I have a picture of me with the entire yellow kit on and standing with one foot on an orange Wembly ball- remember them??
Crap but much better than a penny floater!

Loved that yellow strip but I don't remember the purple one being available in boys sizes - it was a Christmas gift anyway so maybe Santa didn't know.
(big Dons fan that he is)

anyway Im away up the bing on my Grifter to play with my action man.

nairn hibee
22-11-2019, 04:18 PM
[QUOTE=BILLYHIBS;5995868]Looks quality

Did HIBS ever wear that strip purple with white sleeves more specifically did Bestie ever wear it?[/QUOTE

he wore it at least once ,I have a picture of him somewhere in my loft,running out of the tunnel at Easter road wearing it probably from shoot magazine think it's against celtic

judas
22-11-2019, 07:00 PM
Yep sorry guys but that is far too maroon looking for me.

tamig
22-11-2019, 07:06 PM
Man yea! I had that as well. Was made from 100% nylon and stuck to the skin regardless of the size. Green shorts and yellow socks. I have a picture of me with the entire yellow kit on and standing with one foot on an orange Wembly ball- remember them??
Crap but much better than a penny floater!

Loved that yellow strip but I don't remember the purple one being available in boys sizes - it was a Christmas gift anyway so maybe Santa didn't know.
(big Dons fan that he is)

anyway Im away up the bing on my Grifter to play with my action man.
Aye, I had the shorts and socks for the yellow kit too. I’ve got a pic of me in it with the home shorts and purple socks. I used to love mixing the kits up. And I remember the Wembley balls fondly. They brought out white ones a bit later and when that happened the orange one only made an appearance in the snow. Great times.