PDA

View Full Version : Jambo Manager

Dashing Bob S
20-11-2019, 06:56 PM
Who will those losers end up with? I like to see McCann. Right combo of crap and moaning.

hfc rd
20-11-2019, 07:01 PM
One of Steve Cotterill, Stuart McCall, Neil McCann would be a fantastic appointment for the yams

Is It On....
20-11-2019, 07:02 PM
Ian Cathro Part 2

Callum_62
20-11-2019, 07:06 PM
They want that Daniel Stendel apparently

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

jacomo
20-11-2019, 07:07 PM
“Ach, you should never be too big to admit your mistakes. I’ve been interviewing all these men and none of them have me the special feeling I got from our old manager... welcome back Craig.”

Dashing Bob S
20-11-2019, 07:12 PM
They want that Daniel Stendel apparently

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Wonder if they will change their colors to Scarlet and Black?

The 90+2
20-11-2019, 07:16 PM
MacPhee will get the job. They will know they will lose him if they don’t as he will be off to stoke.

oneone73
20-11-2019, 07:17 PM
One of Steve Cotterill, Stuart McCall, Kevin McCann would be a fantastic appointment for the yams

Kevin McCann?? That would be fun!

hfc rd
20-11-2019, 07:19 PM

Fixed!

F*** knows what made me type Kevin McCann rather than Neil McCann! 😁

Smartie
20-11-2019, 07:22 PM

There's being played out of position at centre-half at Pittodrie and then there's finding yourself in the manager's office at Tynecastle.

Aim Here
20-11-2019, 07:26 PM
MacPhee will get the job. They will know they will lose him if they don’t as he will be off to stoke.

Wouldn't it be a risk to appoint him? Sure, the fans wouldn't be too unhappy in the short term, but if he gets the job permanently and it goes tits up, it would be far too easy to see a major fan revolt after a couple very conservative appointments in a row. He is the understudy for the last two regimes, after all.

It might be safer to put someone like Stendel in, and if the worst happens, the board can at least say "We understand that things needed to change, which is why we got a fresh new guy in. It's a pity it didn't work out, but we'll try to get a better fit next time'. Appointing MacPhee, on the other hand, looks like the 'no change' candidate. Hearts would look like they're sleepwalking to failure with no ideas.

And if MacPhee spangs off to Stoke or elsewhere, he's still young enough that they could likely pick him up a couple of years down the line anyways if they need to (unless he turns out to be the longhaired Guardiola and is out of their price range) and he'd be an obvious crowd-pleasing appointment when that happens.

CorrieHibs
20-11-2019, 07:29 PM
Daniel Stendel to be announced tomorrow/Friday. EEN said there they was a payment issue between Barnsley and him, but Hearts fans telling me that its been resolved. See what happens I suppose.

HibbyAndy
20-11-2019, 07:30 PM
Daniel Stendel to be announced tomorrow/Friday. EEN said there they was a payment issue between Barnsley and him, but Hearts fans telling me that its been resolved. See what happens I suppose.

Who ??:confused::confused:

I thought Anne Budge WANTED a big name :confused::confused:

Since452
20-11-2019, 07:54 PM
Who ??:confused::confused:

I thought Anne Budge WANTED a big name :confused::confused:

Famous for being battered by Joey Barton

cmcd
20-11-2019, 08:08 PM
I think I remember an ex Barnsley manager. They should certainly go for him

Mcpakeisgod
20-11-2019, 08:16 PM
There's being played out of position at centre-half at Pittodrie and then there's finding yourself in the manager's office at Tynecastle.

😂😂😂😂

TimeForHeroes16
20-11-2019, 08:56 PM

So would Gerry:greengrin

Unseen work
20-11-2019, 10:38 PM
Think he would be a good appointment tbf.

20-11-2019, 11:48 PM
Think warnock would be a perfect fit for the rover driving golf playing cardigan wearing brexit voting cretins that follow hearts.

Dmas
21-11-2019, 05:23 AM
Think he would be a good appointment tbf.

Agree, only saving grace being it’ll take a while to get rid of leveins cloggers, but a pretty good appointment IMO here’s hoping for it to end in tears

Alfred E Newman
21-11-2019, 06:05 AM
Think warnock would be a perfect fit for the rover driving golf playing cardigan wearing brexit voting cretins that follow hearts.

I think you will have managed to offend quite a few of your fellow Hibs supporters with that wide sweeping statement.

BILLYHIBS
21-11-2019, 06:17 AM
I think you will have managed to offend quite a few of your fellow Hibs supporters with that wide sweeping statement.

Considering Scotland voted to remain sounds like a fair description to me :greengrin

FilipinoHibs
21-11-2019, 06:17 AM

I will own up to non of these activities and pocessions.

You missed out the moustache and the tank top jumper with a caravan on the drive of your Corstorphine bungalow

Bostonhibby
21-11-2019, 08:11 AM

You missed out the moustache and the tank top jumper with a caravan on the drive of your Corstorphine bungalow[emoji23]

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

jacomo
21-11-2019, 08:14 AM

You missed out the moustache and the tank top jumper with a caravan on the drive of your Corstorphine bungalow

And all the beautiful people of Gorgie who wear the maroon in such a flattering fashion of course.

Hibernia&Alba
21-11-2019, 08:35 AM

Those are the civilised yins. The other half are shaven headed, tattooed, ex-prisoner, Union Jack boxer short wearing, Brexit voting, bigoted, loyalist, knuckle dragging cretins :greengrin

Since452
21-11-2019, 08:43 AM
The list isn't very inspiring. Out of all the names mentioned I'd probably say Warnock is the best. Might get a short term reaction out of the players but that's about it. I'd be spewing if Hibs appointed him. The other names are poor to mediocre at best. Stendel is a bit of an unknown to me but his record looks dire. Seems the type who looks good inheriting a decent team until he's found out.

Bostonhibby
21-11-2019, 08:44 AM
Those are the civilised yins. The other half are shaven headed, tattooed, ex-prisoner, Union Jack boxer short wearing, Brexit voting, bigoted, loyalist, knuckle dragging cretins :greengrinOk, but what about the men?

Hibernia&Alba
21-11-2019, 08:57 AM
Ok, but what about the men?

:greengrin

The same, except they wear women's underwear :greengrin

Jones28
21-11-2019, 09:08 AM
So Hibs have bagged the best available candidate, despite having sacked Heckingbottom later, leaving our rivals to scramble around looking for the next best thing - LD must have made up a bit a credit again with the support.

Cataplana
21-11-2019, 09:22 AM

I've heard there are Hibbies that are members of bowling clubs, and work for Standard Life, but personally I think that's an urban myth.

Did meet one that wore driving gloves once, but I think it was for a bet.

Cataplana
21-11-2019, 09:23 AM
And all the beautiful people of Gorgie who wear the maroon in such a flattering fashion of course.

Leather jackets with a paisley pattern lining are still on trend .

Topographic Hibby
21-11-2019, 09:53 AM
I've heard there are Hibbies that are members of bowling clubs, and work for Standard Life, but personally I think that's an urban myth.

Did meet one that wore driving gloves once, but I think it was for a bet.Guy I was at school with rose through the ranks to a very high level at Standard Life. Is a regular at ER with his sons. Green n white scarves, the works. Dont know if he bowls....

FilipinoHibs
21-11-2019, 10:08 AM

Did meet one that wore driving gloves once, but I think it was for a bet.

Very few in Standard Life. I had to leave because I was not a Jambo, privately educated, actuary with a good Scottish protestant background.

Cataplana
21-11-2019, 10:10 AM
Guy I was at school with rose through the ranks to a very high level at Standard Life. Is a regular at ER with his sons. Green n white scarves, the works. Dont know if he bowls....

That is one clever/brave guy. Take it he was nowhere near the mail room in his career.

Cataplana
21-11-2019, 10:11 AM
Very few in Standard Life. I had to leave because I was not a Jambo, privately educated, actuary with a good Scottish protestant background.

You had to leave? They wouldn't let me in.

FilipinoHibs
21-11-2019, 10:12 AM
You had to leave? They wouldn't let me in.

They were desperate during the financial crisis to find somebody who knew what they were doing.

Is It On....
21-11-2019, 11:04 AM
Those are the civilised yins. The other half are shaven headed, tattooed, ex-prisoner, Union Jack boxer short wearing, Brexit voting, bigoted, loyalist, knuckle dragging cretins :greengrin

That can't afford the bus fare to Castle Greyskull 😂

Cataplana
21-11-2019, 11:23 AM
That can't afford the bus fare to Castle Greyskull 😂

I'm actually surprised no one has mentioned the number of LRT drivers who are Jambos.

FilipinoHibs
21-11-2019, 11:31 AM
I'm actually surprised no one has mentioned the number of LRT drivers who are Jambos.

The colour of the bus and tie attracts them.

Cataplana
21-11-2019, 11:43 AM
The colour of the bus and tie attracts them.

That and a slavish regard for officialdom and rules.

Joe6-2
21-11-2019, 11:46 AM

It’s the ones that don’t have Rovers!

Seveno
21-11-2019, 11:59 AM

Curiously, I find that most taxi drivers are Hibbies.

Cataplana
21-11-2019, 12:08 PM
Curiously, I find that most taxi drivers are Hibbies.

All of the ones I know are. It is a well known fact that taxi drivers are more free thinking and less inclined to be slavish followers of the establishment.

GordonHFC
21-11-2019, 12:18 PM

Showing your age with that one Cataplana. Not been LRT for nearly 20 years :aok:

Cataplana
21-11-2019, 12:21 PM
Showing your age with that one Cataplana. Not been LRT for nearly 20 years :aok:

They are still corporation buses as far as I'm concerned.

Springbank
21-11-2019, 12:33 PM
I may be wrong (and I am sure people will not be slow to point it out if I am wrong!!) but I've always thought of Hibs as being the team in Edinburgh that welcomes the newcomers to the city - from the Irish community roots, to attracting a lot of Scots-Italians, and those who move to the capital from elsewhere in Scotland, it's the Hibs that most new arrivals tend to have a soft spot for.

So, while I'm sure a small number did, if there were loads of Hibees voting Brexit I would be scratching my head

Bangkok Hibby
21-11-2019, 12:34 PM
They are still corporation buses as far as I'm concerned.

Me too, my old man worked for them since he was demobbed after the war to retirement. Good old Edinburgh corporation transport. 😀

WhileTheChief..
21-11-2019, 12:51 PM
I may be wrong (and I am sure people will not be slow to point it out if I am wrong!!) but I've always thought of Hibs as being the team in Edinburgh that welcomes the newcomers to the city - from the Irish community roots, to attracting a lot of Scots-Italians, and those who move to the capital from elsewhere in Scotland, it's the Hibs that most new arrivals tend to have a soft spot for.

So, while I'm sure a small number did, if there were loads of Hibees voting Brexit I would be scratching my head

Pretty sure that Scots-Irish or Scots-Italians could have voted for Brexit too if they wanted.

I doubt there is any correlation between fans of clubs and which way they voted!!

flash
21-11-2019, 01:09 PM
Pretty sure that Scots-Irish or Scots-Italians could have voted for Brexit too if they wanted.

I doubt there is any correlation between fans of clubs and which way they voted!!

They could have but i bet they didn't.

southsider
21-11-2019, 01:11 PM
Me too, my old man worked for them since he was demobbed after the war to retirement. Good old Edinburgh corporation transport. 😀
Did he have to wear one of these horrible marhoon sweaters ?

ChooseLife
21-11-2019, 02:12 PM

I think in Edinburgh that isn't really true, and even less so in Glasgow, Rangers fans are typically right wing pro union with Celtic being the opposite, this had an influence on how they voted in both the 2014 and 2016 referendums, there is obviously some exceptions, I also think this is true to a lesser extent in Edinburgh, Hearts fans under 30 are typically pro union in my experience.

Baader
21-11-2019, 02:45 PM

Yes I think this is true. An alarmingly disproportionate contingent of big fat Jambos...

Dashing Bob S
21-11-2019, 02:53 PM

Best post on this subject and possibly ever.

iwasthere1972
21-11-2019, 02:54 PM
Craig Levein to be reappointed. You heard it here first.

Golden Bear
21-11-2019, 03:20 PM
Craig Levein to be reappointed. You heard it here first.

That's actually more believable than the vast majority of posts on this thread.

:greengrin

JeMeSouviens
21-11-2019, 03:24 PM
Stuart McCall's got Jambo written all over him from the dodgy mullet down, is he still in the running?

erin go bragh
21-11-2019, 04:24 PM

Bit of a risk if it’s him . But at least if they get relegated, he has won promotion with his last two teams 😉

Dashing Bob S
21-11-2019, 04:31 PM
So Hibs have bagged the best available candidate, despite having sacked Heckingbottom later, leaving our rivals to scramble around looking for the next best thing - LD must have made up a bit a credit again with the support.

The Jambos are struggling or they would have appointed by now. Unfortunately Prince Andrew is out of the public eye now and so is unavailable

Dashing Bob S
21-11-2019, 04:34 PM
"There's a two page thread about our new manager eugh eugh eugh how did that happen eugh eugh eugh obsessed with us eugh eugh eugh..."

Just to save you going over to Kickback.

pollution
21-11-2019, 04:36 PM

That is a good observation; traditionally Leith attracted each wave of immigrants, Italians in particular.

My Italy born grand fathers both followed Hibs not because of the Catholic connection only but because Leith and Hibs have always welcomed immigrants.

Hearts were always more part of the capital's " Establishment "

Bostonhibby
21-11-2019, 04:42 PM
The colour of the bus and tie attracts them.To be fair, Free clothes that you can wear to weddings, funerals, bar mitzvah and other "family" occasions is also a factor.

Carheenlea
21-11-2019, 04:49 PM
Hibs seem to be better represented on the railways.

Hibeesmad
21-11-2019, 05:18 PM
I know nothing about Stendel other than he got Barnsley promoted and that the fans were raging he got sacked even though his record in the championship was pretty bad. If he wants to play some attacking football on the deck at Hearts there will be another overhaul come the coming transfer windows.

Cataplana
21-11-2019, 05:31 PM
To be fair, Free clothes that you can wear to weddings, funerals, bar mitzvah and other "family" occasions is also a factor.

Any occasion that demands the forelock tugging public servant look, in fact.

Bostonhibby
21-11-2019, 05:37 PM
Any occasion that demands the forelock tugging public servant look, in fact.On the buses, Arthur, Jack, Blakey, Olive and Stan.

Jambos all.[emoji16]

Jones28
21-11-2019, 08:50 PM
"There's a two page thread about our new manager eugh eugh eugh how did that happen eugh eugh eugh obsessed with us eugh eugh eugh..."

Just to save you going over to Kickback.

Thanks bob, you’re a braver man than I.

lord bunberry
21-11-2019, 09:30 PM
Let’s be honest unless the new manager is a big noise in the wife swapping scene he’ll never be fully accepted in Gorgie.

eastmainsmsh
21-11-2019, 09:58 PM
potter has been tea boy during interviews

SMAXXA
21-11-2019, 10:10 PM
Budge has absolutely no idea who to appoint going by this casting the net far and wide and taking their time. She said she will be having people consulting to make the appointment that won’t be Levein hmmm.

That Stendel their fourth first choice then aye 😂

Dashing Bob S
21-11-2019, 10:30 PM
Budge has absolutely no idea who to appoint going by this casting the net far and wide and taking their time. She said she will be having people consulting to make the appointment that won’t be Levein hmmm.

That Stendel their fourth first choice then aye 😂

Pretty much this. Sad to see the Queen of Hearts who won not just a place in the affections of Hearts fans, but all lovers of the game, not just in this country but beyond these shores, reduced to this. After the Prince Andrew-Epstein affair it's more than one can take and it threatens the monarchy as an institution.

Hibernia&Alba
21-11-2019, 10:50 PM
potter has been tea boy during interviews

Did he bring chips? :greengrin

SMAXXA
21-11-2019, 10:59 PM
Seemingly she’s waiting for Ian Wright to get voted out the jungle hence the delay