PDA

View Full Version : NHC Gareth Bale "Wales, then golf and after that, Real Madrid"

theonlywayisup
20-11-2019, 09:50 AM
Funny, but can't see the Madrid fans being that impressed by the picture of Gareth with the flag in the attached.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50478378

theonlywayisup
20-11-2019, 09:50 AM
https://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/dynamic/67/590x/secondary/Bale-2174156.jpg?r=1574236208595

worcesterhibby
20-11-2019, 09:58 AM
kind of funny, but hugely disrespectful to a club that have made him a multi-millionaire. Footballers are an odd lot sometimes.

ian cruise
20-11-2019, 10:03 AM
If they've been openly trying to force him out the door when he was happy and wanted to stay it's easy to see how he'd be disillusioned. I suspect it's a reference to something someone else has said either to his face or online.

Vault Boy
20-11-2019, 10:12 AM
If they've been openly trying to force him out the door when he was happy and wanted to stay it's easy to see how he'd be disillusioned. I suspect it's a reference to something someone else has said either to his face or online.

Aye I can never find myself feeling sympathy for that club, it's pretty toxic. Some of the most entitled fans on earth.

Pretty Boy
20-11-2019, 10:17 AM
Regardless of how much money he is earning he has been treated pretty shoddily by Madrid so I can see why he hasn't shied away from the flag.

It's not as though he had it made up, it was thrown on to the park by a fan. He's unlikely to be a Madrid player this time next season anyway so I'm sure he won't be too worried what they think.

Danderhall Hibs
20-11-2019, 10:21 AM
Disrespectful, I’m sure he’ll still hang around for the wages though.

20-11-2019, 10:22 AM
What a cretin

J-C
20-11-2019, 10:24 AM
Zidane literally told him he wanted him gone but Bale is on a lot of dosh there so why move, Zidane is not well liked.

Dalianwanda
20-11-2019, 10:31 AM
Disrespectful, I’m sure he’ll still hang around for the wages though.

If he doesn’t he’ll be in breach of contract.

Hibernia&Alba
20-11-2019, 10:42 AM
I just don't get golf at all. Once he stops playing, he'll be another tax exile, playing golf all day in Monaco or Switzerland.

Sir David Gray
20-11-2019, 11:08 AM
Regardless of what people think about Real Madrid, that flag is very disrespectful to the club that gave him the platform to perform on the world stage and also make him a multi millionaire.

He's badly misguided to have got involved with that.

FilipinoHibs
20-11-2019, 11:21 AM
Aye I can never find myself feeling sympathy for that club, it's pretty toxic. Some of the most entitled fans on earth.

Franco and the state made that club. Forca Athletico!

WeeRussell
20-11-2019, 11:22 AM
The big clown could grow on me yet...

FatPat
20-11-2019, 11:32 AM
Looks like a come and get me please to Mourinho - create even more friction at Real and manufacture a move.

MWHIBBIES
20-11-2019, 11:44 AM
Franco and the state made that club. Forca Athletico!

:faf: at least get the name right

neil7908
20-11-2019, 11:46 AM
Not a big fan of Bale. Can you imagine the reaction on here if that was a Hibs player?

Yes he's been treated unfairly by sections of the support but this is poor imo given he's earning half a million a week or whatever and a decent chunk of that's comes from fans buying tickets.

MWHIBBIES
20-11-2019, 11:46 AM
Looks like a come and get me please to Mourinho - create even more friction at Real and manufacture a move.

Spurs wouldn't pay half his wages. He is old and injury prone, he'll see out the Real deal then go MLS.

Cocaine&Caviar
20-11-2019, 11:53 AM
kind of funny, but hugely disrespectful to a club that have made him a multi-millionaire. Footballers are an odd lot sometimes.

Surely Spurs made him a multi-millionaire?

DetroitHibs
20-11-2019, 12:06 PM
Did he even know what was on the flag? Hard to tell unless it's in front of you and open.

Saint Hibee
20-11-2019, 12:16 PM
Should've stayed at Southampton.

Hibernia&Alba
20-11-2019, 12:28 PM
Should've stayed at Southampton.
:faf:

I see a clue in the username.

The 90+2
20-11-2019, 12:32 PM
It’s just repeating what he’s been accused of constantly in Madrid for months while getting treated like **** off the club, the media and the support. Good on him.

Sergio sledge
20-11-2019, 12:33 PM
I'm pretty sure the company I work for wouldn't be number 1 on my list of priorities if someone asked me to write it down. Just because he is a footballer doesn't mean he can't have other priorities over his job.

People moan about players prioritising their club over their national team, it's nice to see someone with the opposite attitude.

heretoday
20-11-2019, 12:34 PM
Bale is quite stupid. I gather he still can't speak Spanish despite having been there for years. I always regard that as the height of ignorance and bad manners.

Yorkshire HFC
20-11-2019, 12:41 PM
Regardless of what people think about Real Madrid, that flag is very disrespectful to the club that gave him the platform to perform on the world stage and also make him a multi millionaire.

He's badly misguided to have got involved with that.

I can't see anything wrong with it. Are players not allowed to make a joke?

This is why we get robotic interviews from players and managers after games. They know it's not worth the hassle of saying what they really think.

Footballers are just men, like everyone else.

Peevemor
20-11-2019, 12:44 PM
I'm pretty sure the company I work for wouldn't be number 1 on my list of priorities if someone asked me to write it down. Just because he is a footballer doesn't mean he can't have other priorities over his job.

People moan about players prioritising their club over their national team, it's nice to see someone with the opposite attitude.

For the amount he is being paid, his employer has the right to expect to be top priority (maybe after family).

Onceinawhile
20-11-2019, 12:53 PM
Zidane literally told him he wanted him gone but Bale is on a lot of dosh there so why move, Zidane is not well liked.

He tried to move (admittedly for even more dosh) and Real Madrid went back on their word to let him go.

Hardly his fault he's still there.

Hibernia&Alba
20-11-2019, 12:53 PM
For the modern player at the top level, surely the banner should say 'Money, Houses, Sports Cars, Brand Recognition, Wales, Golf, Madrid....In That Order'.

The 90+2
20-11-2019, 12:57 PM
He tried to move (admittedly for even more dosh) and Real Madrid went back on their word to let him go.

Hardly his fault he's still there.

Wasn’t it the fact the Chinese team where the only team Madrid was willing to let him go to (for free)? When he wanted to stay in Europe. He then gut the plug pulled on the deal and been benched and out the squad regardless of performances.

ScottB
20-11-2019, 01:14 PM
Wasn’t it the fact the Chinese team where the only team Madrid was willing to let him go to (for free)? When he wanted to stay in Europe. He then gut the plug pulled on the deal and been benched and out the squad regardless of performances.

No, Real agreed to let him go for free, then decided they wanted a fee, no fee was offered so the deal collapsed.

The 90+2
20-11-2019, 01:17 PM
No, Real agreed to let him go for free, then decided they wanted a fee, no fee was offered so the deal collapsed.

So they mucked him about big time then. His price tag to European teams excluded them, then they ended up going to punt him for free if he agreed to move to China of all places! Even when he agreed that they moved the goalposts even though ZZ made it clear he wanted rid of him.

Danderhall Hibs
20-11-2019, 01:30 PM
For the amount he is being paid, his employer has the right to expect to be top priority (maybe after family).

Family didn’t make his top 3.

J-C
20-11-2019, 01:30 PM
He was all set to go to China on a 3 year deal but Real moved the posts by asking for money, he was then priced out of a move to a European team so ended up staying at a club that doesn't want him.

surreyhibbie
20-11-2019, 01:33 PM
He was all set to go to China on a 3 year deal but Real moved the posts by asking for money, he was then priced out of a move to a European team so ended up staying at a club that doesn't want him.

and getting paid 600k a week (Euros I assume)... cant be bad!

green with envy
20-11-2019, 01:35 PM
Found it cringy last night when getting interviewed after their win against Hungry when he said live on telly Regarding Arron Ramsay - "It's about ****ing time" OOPS!

No professionalism shown there what so ever.

The 90+2
20-11-2019, 01:41 PM
and getting paid 600k a week (Euros I assume)... cant be bad!

It is if your a world superstar footballer and wants to play football?

The 90+2
20-11-2019, 01:42 PM
Found it cringy last night when getting interviewed after their win against Hungry when he said live on telly Regarding Arron Ramsay - "It's about ****ing time" OOPS!

No professionalism shown there what so ever.

He just played a major part of wales qualifying for another championships, I don’t think they will care at all he swore.

green with envy
20-11-2019, 02:28 PM
He just played a major part of wales qualifying for another championships, I don’t think they will care at all he swore.

It didn't bother me too that he swore but the fact that he came across as a bit of a weirdo, unlike the 100's of players that get interviewed week in week out.

Peevemor
20-11-2019, 02:36 PM
It didn't bother me too that he swore but the fact that he came across as a bit of a weirdo, unlike the 100's of players that get interviewed week in week out.

He's Welsh. What do you expect?

jacomo
20-11-2019, 02:36 PM

Everything about RM is loathsome.

They’ve given Bale abuse for ages, and he’s just had a wee joke at their expense. Boo hoo.

Keith_M
20-11-2019, 02:37 PM
Jeez, the guy didnt drown a bag of kittens, spit on a homeless person....or wear a Hearts scarf.

A sense of perspective, puhleez!

Frazerbob
20-11-2019, 06:17 PM
Bale is a cheating, diving prick but he’s been treated dreadfully by Madrid and their fans. They seem to forget he won them the Champions League with a wonder strike not so long ago. It’s a bit like us turning on SDG.

The 90+2
20-11-2019, 06:30 PM
Everything about RM is loathsome.

They’ve given Bale abuse for ages, and he’s just had a wee joke at their expense. Boo hoo.

This. Fk them.

The 90+2
20-11-2019, 06:31 PM

I wish we had a sensational weirdo playing for Scotland. Instead we have Olly Mcburnie and John Fleck kicking about.

green with envy
20-11-2019, 06:38 PM
I wish we had a sensational weirdo playing for Scotland. Instead we have Olly Mcburnie and John Fleck kicking about.

Mcburnie's even weirder.😉

Sir David Gray
20-11-2019, 06:55 PM
I can't see anything wrong with it. Are players not allowed to make a joke?

This is why we get robotic interviews from players and managers after games. They know it's not worth the hassle of saying what they really think.

Footballers are just men, like everyone else.

Making a joke at your employer's expense is generally a no-no.

Hibeesmad
20-11-2019, 07:10 PM
Welsh hero. People talk a lot about Bale and his loyalty etc, you would never see the boy pulling out of the Wales squad pretending to be injured.

Hibeesmad
20-11-2019, 07:16 PM

Lol

J-C
20-11-2019, 07:18 PM
Making a joke at your employer's expense is generally a no-no.

Maybe but he wanted to leave in the summer and they screwed around with him, January window coming up so he'll be wanting out again.

Sir David Gray
20-11-2019, 07:22 PM
Maybe but he wanted to leave in the summer and they screwed around with him, January window coming up so he'll be wanting out again.

I get all that but it just seems really crass.

hfc rd
20-11-2019, 07:25 PM
Bale for Eriksen swap deal in January?

Sammy7nil
20-11-2019, 07:39 PM
It is if your a world superstar footballer and wants to play football?

Yeah it must be really tough for him. He is my prayers every night.:rolleyes:

MWHIBBIES
20-11-2019, 08:28 PM
Welsh hero. People talk a lot about Bale and his loyalty etc, you would never see the boy pulling out of the Wales squad pretending to be injured.

Seems to have been doing that for Real recently though.

MWHIBBIES
20-11-2019, 08:31 PM

So because someone earns a lot of money they can't be unhappy?

Chefki Kuqi
20-11-2019, 08:32 PM
Dunno why theres any sympathy for Real here after the way the fans and manager have treated him.

Sammy7nil
20-11-2019, 08:35 PM

Of course he is allowed to be unhappy and he could have helped matters not made them worse. He could also have learned the language and it is reported his displays on the pitch in the last 14 months when picked have been poor.

As I said it must be so tough for him.

EI255
20-11-2019, 08:47 PM
Wales bore me.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

Hibeesmad
20-11-2019, 09:07 PM
Seems to have been doing that for Real recently though.

I think it’s mostly Zidane’s doing, starting him on the bench for that Champions League final where he came on and won the game for Madrid seemed to be a sign of things to come.

Hibeesmad
20-11-2019, 09:10 PM
Wales bore me.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

Grand slam champions in the Six Nations, Rugby World Cup semi finalists, qualifying for their second major tournament in 4 years, reaching the semi final of the last one. You must be hard to please.

The 90+2
20-11-2019, 09:27 PM

It’s really tough for the most corrupt team in world football too.

sambajustice
20-11-2019, 09:28 PM
For the modern player at the top level, surely the banner should say 'Money, Houses, Sports Cars, Brand Recognition, Wales, Golf, Madrid....In That Order'.

it should just say... "I'm a dick"

WhileTheChief..
20-11-2019, 09:34 PM
When did it go wrong for him?

He had a decent start from what I remember but I don’t know why he suddenly fell out of favour?

McKenzie
20-11-2019, 09:40 PM

He had a decent start from what I remember but I don’t know why he suddenly fell out of favour?

When Ronaldo left and he couldn’t match Ronaldos frankly ridiculous goal record they turned. The flag itself is more mocking a headline from Spanish papers, good on him

jacomo
20-11-2019, 10:58 PM
Of course he is allowed to be unhappy and he could have helped matters not made them worse. He could also have learned the language and it is reported his displays on the pitch in the last 14 months when picked have been poor.

As I said it must be so tough for him.

I don’t think you need to worry about Bale. But Madrid are awful people. When your own club briefs against you in the media what loyalty do you owe them?

The 90+2
20-11-2019, 11:44 PM

He only scored winners in two champions league finals 😂😂

The 90+2
20-11-2019, 11:46 PM
I don’t think you need to worry about Bale. But Madrid are awful people. When your own club briefs against you in the media what loyalty do you owe them?

Marca is real media and it’s torn Bale to shreds. Wales then golf then real they said. Imagine having to be ripped daily from the media and their fans and their manager. Why shouldn’t he do anything back?

FilipinoHibs
20-11-2019, 11:49 PM

So when a Scottish player makes an arse of himself. It is Scottish what do you expect?

FilipinoHibs
20-11-2019, 11:52 PM
Mcburnie's even weirder.😉

He's Scottish what do you expect🤪

21-11-2019, 12:00 AM
Marca is real media and it’s torn Bale to shreds. Wales then golf then real they said. Imagine having to be ripped daily from the media and their fans and their manager. Why shouldn’t he do anything back?

Real Madrid are the biggest most successful football club on the planet and this jumped up cretin thinks he’s above them. Think again. Real Madrid will employ literally hundreds of football players with more ability and class than Gareth bale.

Peevemor
21-11-2019, 12:13 AM
So when a Scottish player makes an arse of himself. It is Scottish what do you expect?I expect people to not take my comment seriously.

Hibbyradge
21-11-2019, 12:21 AM
It was merely exuberance after a great and significant win. 😁

Bale didn't make the flag. He just posed with it. He may not even have noticed what was written on it and if he's pulled up about it, that's what he can say.

The thing is that the newspaper which originally wrote the headline can't really criticise him for repeating their own words!

The 90+2
21-11-2019, 12:29 AM
Real Madrid are the biggest most successful football club on the planet and this jumped up cretin thinks he’s above them. Think again. Real Madrid will employ literally hundreds of football players with more ability and class than Gareth bale.

Nae bother Franco. What a load of *****.

The 90+2
21-11-2019, 12:32 AM
It was merely exuberance after a great and significant win. 😁

Bale didn't make the flag. He just posed with it. He may not even have noticed what was written on it and if he's pulled up about it, that's what he can say.

The thing is that the newspaper which originally wrote the headline can't really criticise him for repeating their own words!

No you have it wrong.

That jumped up cretin thinks he’s above the best and most successful football team on the planet. How dare he celebrate his nations win.

Jim Traynor work for the 4th best team in Spain these days.

I’m sure like 660 above quoted, what’s the Spanish for “we are the people”

FilipinoHibs
21-11-2019, 01:36 AM
I expect people to not take my comment seriously.

You mean some people take the comments on here seriously🤪

FilipinoHibs
21-11-2019, 01:37 AM

How can you be successful when it is all down to Franco's facist money and bale outs (nice pun) from the Spanish state.

Yorkshire HFC
21-11-2019, 03:35 AM

That's how people are - they love to give it out but don't like taking it.

You see it in every walk of life.

Also, Gareth Bale is a brilliant footballer and has had a fantastic career - people get jealous.

jacomo
21-11-2019, 06:45 AM

Old Firm mentality.

jacomo
21-11-2019, 06:46 AM

:agree:

FilipinoHibs
21-11-2019, 06:50 AM
Old Firm mentality.

Yes the most hated club in Spain followed by glory hunters and neo-facists.

mjhibby
21-11-2019, 07:26 AM
Oh my,humour and irony lost on some folk. He loves playing for Wales as does sjm does for Scotland. No big deal. Treated terribly by Zidane who should know better. Bale is one of the best players Britain has produced. If he was Spanish he wouldn't have be treated the way he has been. I'm sure Gareth is bothered what folk say. Just the 600 grand each week. Bet he's looking at buying a golf course. Much have squillions just lying there.

Keith_M
21-11-2019, 08:54 AM

He's hardly suffering. I'm sure his mult-million salary, multiple fancy cars and wee dolly burd wife help him cope.

MWHIBBIES
21-11-2019, 08:58 AM
He's hardly suffering. I'm sure his mult-million salary, multiple fancy cars and wee dolly burd wife help him cope.

There are different types of suffering, having a good job and loads of money doesn't guarantee happiness or satisfaction at all. Millionaires and billionaires are as likely to suffer depression, home sickness, anxiety etc as anyone.

WeeRussell
21-11-2019, 11:12 AM
He's Scottish what do you expect🤪

Apart from he's not...

WeeRussell
21-11-2019, 11:13 AM
There are different types of suffering, having a good job and loads of money doesn't guarantee happiness or satisfaction at all. Millionaires and billionaires are as likely to suffer depression, home sickness, anxiety etc as anyone.

"Sure takes the sting out of being poor" though :greengrin

FilipinoHibs
21-11-2019, 11:14 AM
Apart from he's not...

So can't play for Scotland,

Onceinawhile
21-11-2019, 03:37 PM
https://www.football365.com/news/was-wales-golf-madrid-in-that-order-out-of-order

Pretty Boy
21-11-2019, 04:21 PM
If you watch the video of him with the flag, rather than just looking at the still image, it's already held up by other players before he joins them and is facing away from him the whole time.

It's debatable if he even knew what was printed on it.

Hibeesmad
21-11-2019, 05:15 PM
It’s all a bit of banter, video was kicking about of some of the Welsh players chanting with fans “Wales, Golf, Madrid”. I’ve always been under the impression he has always made himself available for Madrid and given his all whenever he’s played for them, to have your own club use their media outlets to talk nonsense about you and your own manager come out and say he would be happy if you were to leave the club, why can’t he have a bit of banter?

The Leith Dutch
21-11-2019, 05:24 PM

This is the kind of black and white post I struggle with on here.

You may think Bale shouldn't have done what he did - fine. But he is a very good footballer and it's not entirely clear what your basis is for calling him a cretin.